When Did Jesus Say He Would Return?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

popeye

Jul 12, 2011
Hi Popeye,

Are you familiar with the book "Hidden Prophecies in the Psalms", by J.R. Church?

It's a simple concept where the Psalms is the 19th Book of the Bible, (i.e., prophetic for the 1900's), and the Chapters are prophetic for the years. Thus if one wanted to perceive the Holocaust they would read Book 19, Chapter 44, (special note verses 11 & 22). And equally obvious event is the international recognition of the nation of Israel in Book 19 Chapter 48.

So far so good?

BibleScribe

I am aware of that book and method. I don't necessarily believe it, but I am aware....please continue!

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
I am aware of that book and method. I don't necessarily believe it, but I am aware....please continue!

... So if one considers that Israel received international recognition as a nation in 1948, and one author assigned a 40 year generation arriving at 1988, where we know in hind-sight that he was incorrect. But with some degree of speculation if we assign a 70 year generation we arrive to 2018.

So to ~validate~ this premise we can turn to the Psalms, in which we discover three ~coincidences~:

The first is that Psalms Chapter 118 (19, 118 = 2018) is the middle of the Bible.
The second is that the Psalms Chapter 117 is the shortest Chapter in the Bible.
The third is that the Psalms Chapter 119 is the longest Chapter in the Bible.

Thus one might presume the unusual convergence of FOUR aspects which could have some Intelligent Design.

Furthermore, the Prophetic depictions in each of these Chapters appear to correlate to the events for those years, in tribulation, in praise, and in promise. But I would propose that not only is the Psalms prophetic for the 1900s, but Daniel used this Book to interpret the seventy shibiym/shabuwa. And if this is true, then one could find the "going forth of the Word" in this book, in the precise identification by Young, that that issuance is NOT by some man, but by GOD. So does the Psalms offer such a dictate, does this dictate match the seventy, and does the seventy match History?

I would argue YES.

BibleScribe

PS If one further considered the ~2012~ Mayan Calendar premise, one might even arrive to some significance of that portent. Specifically, if the attack on Israel were to occur at some point in late 2012, and China were to march it's armies to spank Russia, then we might arrive to ~mid 2014~ when the U.N. would promise the world "peace" and ~heal Russia (the 1 of 7 heads which is mortally wounded). -- The point being, the potential time-line is within a reasonable margin of fulfillment.

popeye

Jul 12, 2011
... So if one considers that Israel received international recognition as a nation in 1948, and one author assigned a 40 year generation arriving at 1988, where we know in hind-sight that he was incorrect. But with some degree of speculation if we assign a 70 year generation we arrive to 2018.

So to ~validate~ this premise we can turn to the Psalms, in which we discover three ~coincidences~:

The first is that Psalms Chapter 118 (19, 118 = 2018) is the middle of the Bible.
The second is that the Psalms Chapter 117 is the shortest Chapter in the Bible.
The third is that the Psalms Chapter 119 is the longest Chapter in the Bible.

Thus one might presume the unusual convergence of FOUR aspects which could have some Intelligent Design.

Furthermore, the Prophetic depictions in each of these Chapters appear to correlate to the events for those years, in tribulation, in praise, and in promise. But I would propose that not only is the Psalms prophetic for the 1900s, but Daniel used this Book to interpret the seventy shibiym/shabuwa. And if this is true, then one could find the "going forth of the Word" in this book, in the precise identification by Young, that that issuance is NOT by some man, but by GOD. So does the Psalms offer such a dictate, does this dictate match the seventy, and does the seventy match History?

I would argue YES.

BibleScribe

PS If one further considered the ~2012~ Mayan Calendar premise, one might even arrive to some significance of that portent. Specifically, if the attack on Israel were to occur at some point in late 2012, and China were to march it's armies to spank Russia, then we might arrive to ~mid 2014~ when the U.N. would promise the world "peace" and ~heal Russia (the 1 of 7 heads which is mortally wounded). -- The point being, the potential time-line is within a reasonable margin of fulfillment.

So are you saying you've figured a 7 year timeline, starting in 2012 and ending in 2019? Interesting....we shall soon know if that prediction holds water. However, I would caution you about referencing a people who survived spiritually thru human sacrifice, and who were so prophetic, they couldn't even anticipate the demise of their own empire which, incidentally, came about by the dumping of their sacrificial dead bodies into their only source of drinking water, thereby contaminating it. Latter day astrologers is all they were....and we know how God rejects them....

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
So are you saying you've figured a 7 year timeline, starting in 2012 and ending in 2019? ...

I'm not sure why you assign Daniel's seventieth week as the Tribulation week. Do you believe lies?

Revelation 13:5 defines the Tribulation as 42 months. This is correct.

BibleScribe

popeye

Jul 12, 2011
I'm not sure why you assign Daniel's seventieth week as the Tribulation week. Do you believe lies?

BibleScribe

I never said anything about tribulation period or Daniel's seventieth week in my response. It seems an apology is in order. :rolleyes:

The Great Trib is indeed 3.5 years in duration, I agree.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
I never said anything about tribulation period or Daniel's seventieth week in my response. It seems an apology is in order. :rolleyes:

The Great Trib is indeed 3.5 years in duration, I agree.

LOLOLOL,

I guess my eyes are playing tricks on me this morning. I thought your post said something about ~a 7 year timeline, starting in 2012 and ending in 2019~ which would have made me think you were anticipating the false doctrine where Daniel's seventieth week is purported to be the Tribulation duration. -- My apology. :p

BibleScribe

popeye

Jul 12, 2011
LOLOLOL,

I guess my eyes are playing tricks on me this morning. I thought your post said something about ~a 7 year timeline, starting in 2012 and ending in 2019~ which would have made me think you were anticipating the false doctrine where Daniel's seventieth week is purported to be the Tribulation duration. -- My apology. :p

BibleScribe

Anyone who utters, " the seven year tribulation period" doesn't have a very good prophetic foundation. ( Funny how a lot of the "scholars" refer to this errant terminology ....certainly makes their interpretive credentials suspect, does it not? )

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Anyone who utters, " the seven year tribulation period" doesn't have a very good prophetic foundation. ( Funny how a lot of the "scholars" refer to this errant terminology ....certainly makes their interpretive credentials suspect, does it not? )

Hey Popeye,

You are correct in your conclusion, but it might take some additional analysis to determine exactly what Daniel 9 presents.

But back to the Topic, -- I would think that there is sufficient Scriptural aspects which could lead someone to a 2018 premise.

BibleScribe

popeye

Jul 12, 2011
Hey Popeye,

But back to the Topic, -- I would think that there is sufficient Scriptural aspects which could lead someone to a 2018 premise.

BibleScribe

I have another analysis on the anticipated timing of the start of the end events based on a modern day 84-yr + generation ( 84 = 7 x 12), the fig tree parable, and Rev 12:14-17. The answer postpones the date beyond 2018.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
I have another analysis on the anticipated timing of the start of the end events based on a modern day 84-yr + generation ( 84 = 7 x 12), the fig tree parable, and Rev 12:14-17. The answer postpones the date beyond 2018.

It would seem that actuary tables change daily. However, Scripture provides either a 40 year or a 70 year ~generation~. As such I would think Scripture should interpret Scripture, both from a "generation" and from the Prophetic Psalms.

BibleScribe

popeye

Jul 12, 2011
It would seem that actuary tables change daily. However, Scripture provides either a 40 year or a 70 year ~generation~. As such I would think Scripture should interpret Scripture, both from a "generation" and from the Prophetic Psalms.

BibleScribe

Realistically though, a modern day generation lasts well past 100 years. This, I believe, is the number we must deal with in this ET's generation.
Consequently, an 84-yr life span is reasonably-attained in this day n' age....especially when you consider 84 is a product of the Holy numbers 7 ,12 and 24. Consider interjecting the Holy No. 24 in as "a time", and you're half way home....

popeye

Jul 12, 2011
I'm not sure why you use a moving target for your basis. Is it because GOD's numbers disagree with your math? Wouldn't you be better served following GOD?

BibleScribe

Godly numbers are key to this interpretation. Others should consider using some Godly numerology. It's pretty revealing.

Unless God wanted all those time quotes to ALWAYS be considered 3.5 years ( a time, times and 1/2 a time ), which I doubt he did by implication, then I stipulate that God was waiting for someone to come along and use Godly numbers in those equations for some pretty revealing and fascinating results. Unfortunately, others still try equating a modern day generation with an antiquated model in hopes they can assign a start date. It is my contention that God purposely used the "times" quote to hide the true time period until the time of the end. It seems to have worked.

There are two places in scripture that uses this time quote. one is in The Rev, chp 12....where's the other, BS? Godly numbers interjected into those time quotes show both results intersecting at a rather unique date.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Godly numbers are key to this interpretation. ...

If this were true, then either one might consider either 40 years or 70 years after 1948 might be candidates for confirmation. But using a actuary table for a random year, and for a random nation would seem contrived. So let me ask, are you using the acturary table for Israel, and if so, is this table from either 1948, or possibly 1967, or is it projected to your postulated future date of Jesus' return? -- Or is it last year's, this year's, next year's, or some other point which is subject to the whim of your calculation requirement? And if your calculation is so susceptible to such variables, do you provide a confidence factor in your presentation?

Or better yet, do you prefer your own imagination over what Scripture has already provided?

BibleScribe

popeye

Jul 12, 2011
If this were true, then either one might consider either 40 years or 70 years after 1948 might be candidates for confirmation. But using a actuary table for a random year, and for a random nation would seem contrived. So let me ask, are you using the acturary table for Israel, and if so, is this table from either 1948, or possibly 1967, or is it projected to your postulated future date of Jesus' return? -- Or is it last year's, this year's, next year's, or some other point which is subject to the whim of your calculation requirement? And if your calculation is so susceptible to such variables, do you provide a confidence factor in your presentation?

Or better yet, do you prefer your own imagination over what Scripture has already provided?

BibleScribe

Forty and seventy years were fine "back in the day". It isn't true in today's world.
Fact is, Christ knew beforehand, that people would be living to well-over 100 years in the ET's. He had to have....
And that should be accounted-for in this generation. When Christ uttered his fig tree parable, he knew then
that the generation he said "would not pass", would be the ET's generation of people who live to well-over 100 years.
THIS is just common sense.

With that said, a more appropriate "generational average" should be used to calculate an approximate time of the start of the end events.
Besides, I did not set 84 years as that "generational average"....scripture and godly numbers did. The no. 84 was just the result.
And frankly, if you are 84 at the start of the end events, and there is a period of 8 years to finished fulfillments, then your age would be 84 + 8 = 92 years old....well within a generational life expectancy of an ET person born in 1948.

BTW, establishing a date of start for the end events has nothing whatsoever to do with generaltional averages, of 40, 70 of even 84 years. It has everything to do with a start date for the generation and an end date for the generation based on the greatest life expectancy of a person born in 1948. With that said then, if you were born in 1948 and you were the last person on earth to be alive from that generation, and you were 110 years old at your death, then the year you died would be 2058. So, 110 years would be the number of years assigned to "this generation" that "shall not pass". Again, this has nothing to do with an average life expectancy.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
.. he knew then
that the generation he said "would not pass", would be the ET's generation of people who live to well-over 100 years.
THIS is just common sense.

With that said, a more appropriate "generational average" should be used to calculate an approximate time of the start of the end events.
Besides, I did not set 84 years as that "generational average"....scripture and godly numbers did. The no. 84 was just the result.
And frankly, if you are 84 at the start of the end events, and there is a period of 8 years to finished fulfillments, then your age would be 84 + 8 = 92 years old....well within a generational life expectancy of an ET person born in 1948.

... don't you love MATH? If the results aren't what you need, just add a K (constant) factor. And if that doesn't work, integrate, extrapolate, distribute, normalize, average, -- whatever gymnastics it takes to achieve your agenda. And I'm quite certain that if GOD isn't who we expect, then we can create HIM in our own imaginations.

Hope this helps,
BibleScribe

popeye

Jul 12, 2011
... don't you love MATH? If the results aren't what you need, just add a K (constant) factor. And if that doesn't work, integrate, extrapolate, distribute, normalize, average, -- whatever gymnastics it takes to achieve your agenda. And I'm quite certain that if GOD isn't who we expect, then we can create HIM in our own imaginations.

Hope this helps,
BibleScribe

Nah...this is solving for two differential equations with two variables of x and y. And after we solve for x and y, then we graph the integrals on the x / y axis and find the volume under the curve ( to the nearest cubic centimeter ).:blink:

God has a beard in my imagination. How 'bout your's?:p

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Your imagination must be a marvelous thing. Tell me, if you're awake and your thoughts are fanciful, when you sleep are your thoughts reality?

BibleScribe

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods

BibleScribe

Well that's an incorrect assumption. Revelation 13:5 describes the reign of the anti-christ as 42 months, not the duration of the tribulation!

Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Why do you have to respond with comments like, "Do you believe lies."

Maybe it's you who is "believing lies!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Nowhere does Revelation specifically declare the great tribulation will be for 7 years, but instead for 3.5 years, or 1260 days, or 42 months.

But the Daniel 9:27 Scripture DOES reveal a period of 7 years overall for fulfillment of the last days just prior to Christ's return. Rev.12 with separate mention of two 1260 day periods also suggests the total 7 years period of Dan.9:27 ("one week" = 7 years). 69 weeks of the 70 weeks prophecy have been fulfilled, but not the final "one week" (7 years).