Why do people believe in a rapture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
I refute the false teaching of a rapture to heaven.
And I refute your teaching. You are not God; you don't get to decide what is, and what isn't.

Rather than you proving you're right, it is my opinion that you have only proved that you can't see what is laid out in front of you.

So looking at you as to how you can't see the Rapture is easy when I see how you malign Isaiah 30:26 as badly as you do transforming brightness into exploding and Healing into Wrath.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The three replies above are so confused and show how poorly they comprehend what the Bible prophets actually say, there is really nothing further I can do to help them.
Sad, but unless people are open to the truth, then it will only be as the prophesies come to pass, will they understand.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
keras said:
The three replies above are so confused and show how poorly they comprehend what the Bible prophets actually say, there is really nothing further I can do to help them.
Sad, but unless people are open to the truth, then it will only be as the prophesies come to pass, will they understand.
What is sad is that YOU refuse to be corrected BY the word of Truth and miss assign meaning that is NOT there. So far I have seen ONE person on CB agree with you so that in itself is VERY telling.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
StanJ said:
What is sad is that YOU refuse to be corrected BY the word of Truth and miss assign meaning that is NOT there. So far I have seen ONE person on CB agree with you so that in itself is VERY telling.
I know the Word of truth when I read it in the Bible. Not from some human 'teacher' trying to convince me of a 'rapture to heaven' or some other fanciful notion.
I remain perfectly confident that what I promote from the Prophetic Word is correct and true. The ancient prophets had to put up with vilification and worse, so I aren't too badly off with just verbal abuse, as I get here.
Plenty of people who can see past their doctrinal brainwashing agree with what I present. Very soon the reality will come to everyone on earth and all who have failed to understand what the prophets have told us, may suffer some loss.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really. You're totally convinced you're right.

Denial: Don't Even kNow I Am Lying.
Denial: It's not just a river in Egypt.

Something about giving witness of yourself seems faintly familiar and so far, you haven't claimed any miracles, so you speak quite alone.

There is a gathering, a Rapture of living souls who will never taste death.

Merry Christmas.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
keras said:
I know the Word of truth when I read it in the Bible. Not from some human 'teacher' trying to convince me of a 'rapture to heaven' or some other fanciful notion.
I remain perfectly confident that what I promote from the Prophetic Word is correct and true. The ancient prophets had to put up with vilification and worse, so I aren't too badly off with just verbal abuse, as I get here.
Plenty of people who can see past their doctrinal brainwashing agree with what I present. Very soon the reality will come to everyone on earth and all who have failed to understand what the prophets have told us, may suffer some loss.
Ahh so you got there ALL by yourself keras. No man taught you a thing. You're even better than Paul, who had a ton of education before Jesus personally taught him?
Please.....you're starting to sound even worse than supercilious.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marcus O'Reillius said:
Really. You're totally convinced you're right.

Denial: Don't Even kNow I Am Lying.
Denial: It's not just a river in Egypt.

Something about giving witness of yourself seems faintly familiar and so far, you haven't claimed any miracles, so you speak quite alone.

There is a gathering, a Rapture of living souls who will never taste death.

Merry Christmas.
HAHA! I'm sorry, but I love the "Merry Christmas" at the end! :D

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes BA, it would be nice if he was sincere, but his sneering tone proves otherwise.

Marcus: A rapture of living souls who will never taste death? An ambiguous statement if I ever saw one! Aren't souls what remains from dead people?
It is the dead, martyred saints who are resurrected at the Return, they enter eternal life. Rev 20:4
Nowhere does the Bible say living people will go to live in heaven, let alone never taste death until the end of the Millennium.

StanJ, Paul had to discard 99% of what he had learned after his Damascus Road experience. I too, have put aside any teachings that don't conform to Bible truths. I suggest you and everyone else do the same.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 1Co 15:51

After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds - 1Th 4:17

Paul said that rabbi keras.

It means, since your understanding only comes from your own deluded fantasy that not everyone will die.

I am a soul. I have a body. There is death that every normal soul experiences, and then there is the second death.

Your education is lacking, and will remain because you are too old and not wise enough to take correction.

And unto us a child is born.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
keras said:
StanJ, Paul had to discard 99% of what he had learned after his Damascus Road experience. I too, have put aside any teachings that don't conform to Bible truths. I suggest you and everyone else do the same.
Not at all keras and this is totally fallacious. Paul used it all to bring validity to his message, especially to the Jews. You make some pretty ostentatious claims and NEVER verify or corroborate them. You have not ONE person here who agrees with you, so what does the Bible say about having agreement? You need a spirit like the publican had, and NOT the one the Pharisee had in Luke 18:9-14 (NIV)

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Marcus uses 1 Corinthians 15:51 in his attempt to prove the rapture to heaven. Then he says 1 Thess. 4:17 follows.
This is totally incorrect, as the meeting in the clouds happens at the Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign and Death is NOT done away with until the end of the Millennium as Revelation 20:14 makes clear.
The whole chapter of 1 Cor 15, is about the resurrection of the dead and the people who are alive at the end of the 1000 years, nothing about a removal to heaven, as then God will live on earth, Rev 21:3

Yes StanJ, you and a couple of other deceived people here don't believe what I point out from the Prophetic Word. But there are those enlightened people who do actually search the scriptures and have come to realise how wrong a lot of what they have been taught is.
Believe you will be taken to heaven before any testing? Plain false teaching, contrary to hundreds of scriptures. I could post them, but it would be most of the Bible so space precludes. I HAVE written a great deal on God's plan for our future, all free to view on my website.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rabbi keras: you questioned whether peoples' souls could be raptured from them while they were alive in the flesh.

That is true as Paul explained in both letters.

You have not proved the Elect live in the earth. You only have confused Jew with Gentile and so read the Church for every instance Israel is mentioned referring to the Jews.

The matter of out Heavenly destination is found elsewhere, but of course you can't see it.

Your mind is made up like with how you insist Isaiah 30:26 means the sun will erupt and burn us all. Ha!

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I and every other person not fooled by the rapture theory, cannot see a removal to heaven because it isn't anywhere in scripture.
You deny the truth of Romans 9:6-8 and Ephesians 2:11-18

One Day the sun will erupt and all the unrighteous will be as dung scattered around the world. Jeremiah 9:21-22 Death will come in thru the windows and cut off people in the streets. Zephaniah 3:8, Isaiah 34:1-5

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
keras said:
Yes StanJ, you and a couple of other deceived people here don't believe what I point out from the Prophetic Word. But there are those enlightened people who do actually search the scriptures and have come to realise how wrong a lot of what they have been taught is.
Believe you will be taken to heaven before any testing? Plain false teaching, contrary to hundreds of scriptures. I could post them, but it would be most of the Bible so space precludes. I HAVE written a great deal on God's plan for our future, all free to view on my website.
The problem is you DON'T point out or exegete, you just opine and quote irrelevant scriptures. Sad that you think this would be considered teaching.
Do you believe that Darwin's theory is true? He wrote a great deal about it as well, so to use your logic, it must all be true. :blink:

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rabbi keras says: "One day the sun will erupt" - and Isaiah says: "on the day God heals those whom He has inflicted."

Can you see the problem with what rabbi keras made up from Isaiah 30:26?

He can't.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is going to punish unrepentant Israel. We are not that Israel! God will heal the Remnant of the Jews, the ones who flee from Judea, the ones He shepherds through the second half of the one 'seven', the ones who come into the Millennium.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
keras said:
Marcus uses 1 Corinthians 15:51 in his attempt to prove the rapture to heaven. Then he says 1 Thess. 4:17 follows.
This is totally incorrect, as the meeting in the clouds happens at the Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign and Death is NOT done away with until the end of the Millennium as Revelation 20:14 makes clear.
The whole chapter of 1 Cor 15, is about the resurrection of the dead and the people who are alive at the end of the 1000 years, nothing about a removal to heaven, as then God will live on earth, Rev 21:3

removed

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[SIZE=medium]Why DO people believe in a rapture to heaven?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]It’s a great idea! Get away from this troubled world.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]It is the only end times doctrine that many have ever been taught. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]But the fact there is no actual supporting scripture for this idea, is no deterrent because many scriptures can be made to infer a rapture. There are prophesies telling about spiritual happenings, but none say that people will be taken to heaven. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As there are many prophesies telling about the future of Israel, some people make the error of thinking the Israel of God is the Jewish State of Israel and the Christian Church is therefore, separate from the Israel of prophecy. This is incorrect, many passages in the New Testament confirm that there is only one people of God, call them the Ekkelasia, spiritual Israel or simply God’s righteous people. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]But the false idea of Two People Two Promises has to be an immutable tenet of the rapture theory for them to go to heaven, while Israel faces tribulation, etc. That this idea is un-Christian; ‘let them burn, we will be safe’, as well as the shockingly bad notion of ‘escape from responsibilities’, seems to not be a concern for them. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]With the belief of a rapture removal to heaven firmly fixed in their minds, people then fail to see the truth of what God has planned for the future. There will be testing times, to come upon everyone as Luke 21:35 makes crystal clear. What we must pray for is not escape by removal, but for the Lord’s protection, promised to His people during all that is coming and for them to stand, dressed in white linen, before Jesus when He Returns. [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Revelation 19:9-11[/SIZE]

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hey Stan, where you gonna run to?

Why don't you give some proofs for your side of the issue? Just ONE verse that actually says: 'the Lord will take His people to heaven', or something very similar, not the usual addition of words and twisting verses to make them say what you want them to.