Why do people follow Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tallycello

May 14, 2012
What is it that makes Jesus Christ a figure that so many people feel they should try to emulate? This is a question that comes upon my mind now because recently I have found myself in a position where I went from going to church on a consistent basis to going every now and then. I also found myself going from being deeply rooted in Catholic teachings to questioning those teachings and pulling more and more away from the Church. I spent time re-examining my relationship with God – even to a point where I questioned His existence. What I found, under the layers of Christian history, theology and apologetics was a single and solitary belief that Christ was still someone I needed in my life. But, again, what is it about Christ that is so great that I needed to continue my study of his life and works?

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Jesus Christ is the key and the way and so in him, we are with him.
Someone :mellow: said he came to give life abundantly and this is what it is all about
Some go on about Heaven as a once saved always saved thing and forget about the now and how you lead your life in Christ. :eek:

I find a good understanding of the OT can strengthen one due to the history lessen
And the fact is that we can do nothing without Christ, because when we get off track it is just in vain nonsense that Satan will lead you into and you may feel cool and rad or you are someone or have a good time but. :unsure:

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
What is it that makes Jesus Christ a figure that so many people feel they should try to emulate? This is a question that comes upon my mind now because recently I have found myself in a position where I went from going to church on a consistent basis to going every now and then. I also found myself going from being deeply rooted in Catholic teachings to questioning those teachings and pulling more and more away from the Church. I spent time re-examining my relationship with God – even to a point where I questioned His existence. What I found, under the layers of Christian history, theology and apologetics was a single and solitary belief that Christ was still someone I needed in my life. But, again, what is it about Christ that is so great that I needed to continue my study of his life and works?
It's kind of like when a person wants to find their biological parent...they have wonderful adoptive parents but there's just something about the biological parent that compels the adoptee to want to know who they are. I hope this makes sense.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Live. He is the ONLY Mediator between God and man and the ONLY Door to eternal live. He is the Prince of Peace, the Living Water, the Living Bread, the Living WORD, and He is the ONLY hope for mankind. None of that can be said about any other person--living or dead.

Man-made gods have no power to forgive sins, regenerate the sinner, give eternal life to those dead in their trespasses, answer prayer, calm the raging sea of one's heart, or give peace to a troubled soul. They cannot take away the fear of death as Jesus can, for "Perfect love casteth out all fear." The ONE TRUE God can do all of those and much more than we can possibly imagine. There are no words in the human language that can give God all the praise He deserves. We try in our feeble, humble way to praise God, but we fall far short. God's mercy, love and grace cannot be measured; nor can they be repeated by any other "god". His ways and His thoughts are far above those of mere mortals. How could we with our finite minds even begin to comprehend an infinite God Who is omnipotent, omnicient, omnipresent, unchanging, with unlimited love for those who are lost in sin?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's kind of like when a person wants to find their biological parent...they have wonderful adoptive parents but there's just something about the biological parent that compels the adoptee to want to know who they are. I hope this makes sense.

Such a cool analogy. Bless you Holly.