Why do you feel it is so hard to be good?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes....I could do that....but it would be Worse than a waste of ink .....it would be Untrue....
You are literally saying John is untruthful...

"By this the children of God are distinguished from the children of the devil: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God..." 1 John 3:10

Reactions: BarneyFife

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law 'love your neighbor as yourself' is a continuing debt of law that we Christians are to keep fulfilling:

"Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law." Romans 13:8

"...the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”" Galatians 5:14

....and nobody does it.....nobody even comes close.....a wise man will Cling to Grace.....the ONLY thing that can save him....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....and nobody does it.....nobody even comes close.....a wise man will Cling to Grace.....the ONLY thing that can save him....
"For if you possess these qualities and continue to grow in them..." 2 Peter 1:8
True believers are progressing in righteous living. They're growing up into the image and stature of Christ. Unbelievers are not. They can't. They don't have the Holy Spirit. That's why their unrepentant, unchanged lives are the evidence that they are not born again.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7:22
in my inner being I delight in God's law
But if the ministry of death, engraved in letters on stones, came with glory so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, 2nd Corinthians 3:7

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny; it used to be called the Gospel of Jesus Christ. :)

Sorry......Several times Paul referred to the Gospel given to him by Jesus as “ MY Gospel” ....it’s “ funny” how “ good students” that know their Bible are criticized by those that are NOT good students....

Here’s just ONE example——- there are several more.....Rom2:16 ——-“ in the day that God will judge men’s secrets by MY GOSPEL”......

Apology accepted......

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus abides in me, and I abide in Him. He is not outside me; He is inside me. Without holiness, no one shall see God.

No doubt about it—- you must be “ Holy”...... that “ Holiness” is just like your “ Righteousness” —— it is IMPUTED to you if you are a Believer.....a person’s own “personal holiness” is a joke....

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
<<<The point is, neither of these change the fact that Paul said you have to hold fast to what he preached in order to be saved.>>>

Paul, in those passages, did not say anything like that at all.
What is it about what he said that you do not understand?

1Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, and in which you stand firm. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:1-2

"Otherwise, you have believed in vain" doesn't change the fact that "you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you".
Why do you asked? But anyway, there is nothing I do not understand with those passage.

As I pointed out, Paul, in those passages, did not say anything such as you say, that is, you have to hold fast to what he preached in order to be saved.

I have already discussed about that. If you don’t agree, then refute, if you will.

Tong
R4372

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"By this the children of God are distinguished from the children of the devil: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God..." 1 John 3:10
You are literally saying John is not telling the truth.
Just like you did with Tong, you reverse what is being said, then act as if it is the same. You read, "Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God", and you say, "John says habitual unrepentant sinners are unbelievers."

These are not the same statement, and are not inverses of each other, so this is a deflection.

Do you see that?

Much love!

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can in fact sin your way to hell.

I have enjoyed many of your recent posts, but here is where we disagree...

I have some chapter and verse that many people tend to ignore and they probably think that God Could NOT have been “ Serious” when He said it......” Where Sin abounds , Grace abounds that much more.....” Do you have anything to “ top” that?”

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you asked? But anyway, there is nothing I do not understand with those passage.

As I pointed out, Paul, in those passages, did not say anything such as you say, that is, you have to hold fast to what he preached in order to be saved.

I have already discussed about that. If you don’t agree, then refute, if you will.

Tong
R4372
Is this true? ↓↓↓

By this gospel you are saved, if you DON'T hold firmly to the word I preached to you.
Hyper Grace theology says, 'yes'. What do you say?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can in fact sin your way to hell.

I have enjoyed many of your recent posts, but here is where we disagree...

I have some chapter and verse that many people tend to ignore and they probably think that God Could NOT have been “ Serious” when He said it......” Where Sin abounds , Grace abounds that much more.....” Do you have anything to “ top” that?”

It is not just ignore it is both sides.
There are a lot of scriptures where the Apostle are explaining the sins that prevent you from going to Heaven. And all these have been posted.
Christ discusses Hell and if you look at the end of the Parable of the Sheep and the Goats you will see their destination.
There are no scriptures that say there will be no Christians in Hell.
There are no scriptures that describe Heaven as the abode of evildoers...
Grace abound that much more....ya like that....Sin and sin some more and think you will be rewarded with Heaven? Are you expecting God and all the good people to have to move out of Heaven?
Grace is a license to sin? Thinking you will sin and Christ will reward you with Heaven....How is Christ going to react when you try to play Him for a fool? Are you going to tell Christ that He died so people could sin all they wanted? That Christianity is a religion of sin?
It is not only scriptures but just plain common sense. This whole sin and sin some more thing is something that Satan would preach from the pulpit.
Be good and do good!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry......Several times Paul referred to the Gospel given to him by Jesus as “ MY Gospel” ....it’s “ funny” how “ good students” that know their Bible are criticized by those that are NOT good students....

Here’s just ONE example——- there are several more.....Rom2:16 ——-“ in the day that God will judge men’s secrets by MY GOSPEL”......

Apology accepted......
Aren't you clever? ;)

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt about it—- you must be “ Holy”...... that “ Holiness” is just like your “ Righteousness” —— it is IMPUTED to you if you are a Believer.....a person’s own “personal holiness” is a joke....

You may believe the lie that "imputed" righteousness does not make us act righteous though. "Indwelling" is Jesus IN me, making me righteous through the acts He shows me to do.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may believe the lie that "imputed" righteousness does not make us act righteous though. "Indwelling" is Jesus IN me, making me righteous through the acts He shows me to do.
I thought sanctification was imparted righteousness. I hate to make the distinction too often because people tend to think you can have one without the other, which is not true. :)

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

Is this true? ↓↓↓

By this gospel you are saved, if you DON'T hold firmly to the word I preached to you.
Hyper Grace theology says, 'yes'. What do you say?
As I said, I had already discussed about that. You can read my discussion on that repeatedly if you will.

Tong
R4373

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, I had already discussed about that. You can read my discussion on that repeatedly if you will.

Tong
R4373
I was hoping a simple answer to my question would help clear up the contradiction, real or perceived, that I see in what you have said about the 1 Corinthians 15 passage under discussion.