Will you be caught up in the rapture or left-behind??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can choose whether to be raptured or not. Those God will rapture are saved Christians who survive the GT. There is no choice whether they will be raptured or not.

The only people left behind are those who took the mark of the beast.

Reactions: David in NJ

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After that, we who are still alive and are left
What do you think that means? What are those who are still alive and left, alive from that everyone else was dead?
It's strange the word used here is "From peri and leipo; to leave all around, i.e. (passively) survive -- remain"

What do you think the ones raptured survived in order to not be dead?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you be caught up in the rapture or left-behind?? 1 Thess. 4: 14-18 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left """will be caught up""" together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.
The only people who are "left behind" are the lost/unsaved.

JESUS will never leave a single saint/elect of His behind.

Hebrews 13:1-4
Let brotherly love continue. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. 3Remember the prisoners as if chained with them—those who are mistreated—since you yourselves are in the body also.
Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have.
For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! Many try to deny the truth of God's Word in unbelief of His word. AND YOU???
caught up IS the rapture.
1 Thess. 4: 14-18 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left """will be caught up""" together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.
YES - caught Up is the rapture in 1 Thess 4:13-18 = Amen

What must occur BEFORE the rapture can take place, according to the OT Prophets , Jesus and the Apostles?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Thess 4:16 . .For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a
shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:

The deceased in Christ the world over will hear that shout, and they'll hear
the trumpet too; but I'm not really sure the whole world will hear much of
anything.

However, I've no doubt the world over will be awestruck by the number of
dead folks coming back to life at that moment. We're talking about nigh unto
2,000 years of Christians from every era since the days of Christ. That's
gotta add up to a significant number impossible to ignore.
_
The Resurrection of the Just extends all the way back to the Saints in Genesis.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many left behind on rapture day will see their error. and repent, confess and become believers. but then they put try to live under anti-christ rule.
This is a false statement - unless you can provide scripture that testifies to it.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Care to provide scripture to support your claim?

Left/aphiemi means to die and be forsaken etc:

left

863 aphiemi {af-ee'-ay-mee}

from 575 and hiemi (to send, an intens. form of eimi, to go);
TDNT - 1:509,88; v

AV - leave 52, forgive 47, suffer 14, let 8, forsake 6, let alone 6,
misc 13; 146

1) to send away
1a) to bid going away or depart
1a1) of a husband divorcing his wife
1b) to send forth, yield up, to expire
1c) to let go, let alone, let be
1c1) to disregard
1c2) to leave, not to discuss now, (a topic)
1c21) of teachers, writers and speakers
1c3) to omit, neglect
1d) to let go, give up a debt, forgive, to remit
1e) to give up, keep no longer
2) to permit, allow, not to hinder, to give up a thing to a person
3) to leave, go way from one
3a) in order to go to another place
3b) to depart from any one
3c) to depart from one and leave him to himself so that all
mutual claims are abandoned
3d) to desert wrongfully
3e) to go away leaving something behind
3f) to leave one by not taking him as a companion
3g) to leave on dying, leave behind one
3h) to leave so that what is left may remain, leave remaining
3i) abandon, leave destitute

"to send away"
"of a husband divorcing his wife"
"to expire"
"to disregard"
"neglect"
"keep no longer"
"to leave on dying"
"leave behind one"
"abandon, leave destitute"

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Care to provide scripture to support your claim?
We can start with this: Matt ch25 1-13

“At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take along any extra oil. 4But the wise ones took oil in flasks along with their lamps. 5When the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9‘No,’ said the wise ones, ‘or there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10But while they were on their way to buy it, the bridegroom arrived. Those who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet, and the door was shut.

11Later the other virgins arrived and said, ‘Lord, lord, open the door for us!’

12But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I do not know you.’

13Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.a

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can start with this: Matt ch25 1-13
Question 1:A: Are you meaning to say, those who are "left behind" aren't left till the wedding banquet? 1:B: Where is this in your timeline?
Question 2: What does a spiritual virgin as opposed to a spiritual harlot mean to you?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question 1:A: Are you meaning to say, those who are "left behind" aren't left till the wedding banquet? 1:B: Where is this in your timeline?
Question 2: What does a spiritual virgin as opposed to a spiritual harlot mean to you?
A.) Notice that in Matt ch25 only those whom Christ "knows" are saved and are accepted into His Kingdom.

B.) Timeline - Daniel ch7 Matt ch24 1 Thess & 2 Thess and 1 John ch2 & ch3 and Hebrews 9:28

C.) The 10 virgins are symbolic of christianity. Only 5 were saved for they have been Reborn of the Spirit = they "KNEW" Jesus

Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, “I have acquired a man from the LORD.”
Then she bore again, this time his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep

"Knew/Know/Knowing" is a term used for lawful marriage between Husband/Wife as in knowing the LORD via Holy Spirit.
Whereas those who say they knew the LORD, but did not, are part of the spiritual harlot that masquerades as christianity.

Matt 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK - Post #35 is ready for you as i made some corrections - ty

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The extraction spoken of by 1Thess 4:13-18 is limited to folks "in Christ" i.e.
the church, which is his body.
_
The rapture itself only includes living/on earth Saints = Saved Believers thru Christ = Jew & Gentile

The Resurrection of the dead in Christ extends all the way back to Genesis = JESUS said so....

Bring this 'Tefillin' to the forefront of your mind = John 1:1-3 Matt 22:29-33 , John 11:21-27

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God.
For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.
But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.” And when the multitudes heard this, they were astonished at His teaching.

Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.
But even now I know that God will give You whatever You ask of Him.”
“Your brother will rise again,” Jesus told her.

Martha replied, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me will live, even though he dies.
And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”

“Yes, Lord,” she answered, “I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world.”

Peace Brother - i have to go to work now

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

According to 1Thess 4:13-18 the extraction will be an amalgam of deceased
Christians plus those who have not yet passed away.
_
According to 1Thess 4:13-18
The dead in Christ will be the FIRST to RISE = the Resurrection of the Just = at His Coming
After that
the Rapture is only for those Saints who are alive on earth = at His Coming

YES or NO

Last edited: