Wisdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my favorite verses is:

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

That being the case then "Christian Spirituality" must mean getting wisdom!!!!

So then, if I want to know what the "wise" thing to do it I need to seek the voice that comes out of the Lord's mouth!!!

And that should be the case with all Christians if they are indeed spiritual (seeking after the Lord our God - considering God is spirit)

That does not alway seem to be the case n Christianity - why?

It could be that is because His thoughts are not our thoughts - or it could be because we don't seek His voice like we should, when we need wisdom!

In my life I find that it is a combination - so because I consider this I do turn back to Him daily simply for "wisdom" and listen to what He tells me. I don't do that as much as I should but I do it when I can remember and when it seems I need His wisdom. Like I said, I do it everyday, just not often enough throughout the day. I find that when I do seek His voice He has the most interesting things to say!

Things like:

WE HEAR WISDOM, BUT IS IT THE HEARING OR THE ACTING UPON IT THAT MAKES A MAN WISE?

and

WISDOM IS LIKE RICHES. THE FIRST DOLLAR IS EASILY SPENT! YET AS YOU CONTINUE TO COLLECT WISDOM YOU’LL GET A RETURN OFF YOUR INTEREST.

--------- NOW IS’NT THAT INTERESTING?