Would Jesus Support MAGA?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I kind of hope He would,.. but I'm not really sure what His political views would be. :/

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I kind of hope He would,.. but I'm not really sure what His political views would be. :/

We really don't know. People would say yes, others will say no in your thread but the truth is we don't know. If we are to speculate
yes He would because the alternative is to support murder

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is an interesting question, April Rose. Does God support the worldly greatness of a country? Can Christians hope for worldly greatness without spiritual danger? I'm sure God wishes us to love the human communities we all are a part of and is concerned with all our needs. But is greatness a need in itself? It is something to think about.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We really don't know. People would say yes, others will say no in your thread but the truth is we don't know. If we are to speculate
yes He would because the alternative is to support murder

Among a bunch of other problems let trying to get rid of the right to defend ourselves, and the right of free speech, right to worship God in public,.. and a whole bunch of other stuff that I'm pretty sure Jesus would support. Especially since a lot of it is biblically written and I don't think that the Lord would want our government totally controlling us. Even God has granted us the right of free will and He is not that controlling.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi April Rose,
It depends on what Making America Great Again involves. Following the Great Flood of Noah the people thought building up to the sky would give them greatness. God put a stop to it because of the egotistical domination it would result in.

Gen 11:1-6 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. (2) And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. (3) And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter. (4) And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. (5) And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. (6) And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi April Rose,
It depends on what Making America Great Again involves. Following the Great Flood of Noah the people thought building up to the sky would give them greatness. God put a stop to it because of the egotistical domination it would result in.

Gen 11:1-6 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. (2) And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. (3) And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter. (4) And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. (5) And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. (6) And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

I'm having a difficult time envisioning Jesus Christ supporting American Exceptionalism. I'm not sure He would approve of mixing the Christian faith with an overly passionate patriotism for America or approve of the immoral lifestyle and unethical behavior of our national leaders.

Reactions: Stumpmaster

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm having a difficult time envisioning Jesus Christ supporting American Exceptionalism. I'm not sure He would approve of mixing the Christian faith with an overly passionate patriotism for America or approve of the immoral lifestyle and unethical behavior of our national leaders.

What??

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(1) Make America Great Again means to put America first, which is one example of American Exceptionalism.

The Myth of American Exceptionalism

Americans' dwindling belief in American exceptionalism

(2) Many evangelical churches have intertwined their beliefs with conservatism and American patriotism. Have you ever heard the term "God and Country"? Pro Deo et patria ("for God and country") is a popular phrase in America. It intertwines Christianity with American patriotism.

(3) I was commenting that I don't think Jesus Christ would approve of our national leaders because of their immoral and unethical behavior.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you say that Christianity and American patriotism don't go together? America was originally founded as a Christian nation. It even says "In God we trust" and mentions "one nation under God" in the pledge.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Daniel 2:44-45, Jesus' slogan would be MEGA*...!

full
(Earth ;))

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice,.. but I don't think that would fit on a hat. :p

Nor would it e in the spirit of MAGA, it means make America economically great like before Obama. It was Obama who ruined America and literally told Americans that our best day was behind us and to get use to basically being poor. President Trump knew that Obama was blowing smoke and lying

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nor would it e in the spirit of MAGA, it means make America economically great like before Obama. It was Obama who ruined America and literally told Americans that our best day was behind us and to get use to basically being poor. President Trump knew that Obama was blowing smoke and lying

Yeah and he recently mentioned that idiot in his latest speech rally that happened yesterday. Here it is for all that missed it.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you say that Christianity and American patriotism don't go together? America was originally founded as a Christian nation. It even says "In God we trust" and mentions "one nation under God" in the pledge.

It's debatable that America was originally founded as a Christian nation, April. We could go into a further discussion about it, but it would derail your thread. It would also be a heated and tedious discussion because not everyone believes America was founded as a Christian nation.

Reactions: Rita