MAGA and 4years - serious question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So I hear a lot about MAGA and just wonder , was it great at the end of Trumps last four years. How would you define being great again, what does that even mean and also I understand that Trump can only do another four years and then he cannot stand again- so what happens then ?
Honestly these are serious questions, not trying to provoke anything other than some honest answers.
How can one person actually turn things around in a four year time period and also the emphasis has always been on the man rather than the political group, so who could follow him ?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Trump is a tool of the system which is moving fast. Manipulating the people is endemic. Getting sucked into the superficial its objective. Having people bash their heads against opposing ideologies is deliberate.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Trump is a tool of the system which is moving fast. Manipulating the people is endemic. Getting sucked into the superficial its objective. Having people bash their heads against opposing ideologies is deliberate.
I guess we are not in the USA so have a different prospective, so in all honesty the questions are asked of those living in the USA

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is an extensive list of Trump's accomplishment while in office. Trump Administration Accomplishments – The White House
Being great again means not allowing criminals, terrorists and drug dealers to walk illegally into our country. It means protecting our school children from being herded by mentally ill perverts. It means being firm with our enemies and not sleeping with them in return for money. It means not sending billions of dollars to Iran. It means not spending our tax dollars on promoting and requiring citizens to abide by rules and purchase products that are environmentally without merit. I could go on, but you can read the attachment. In four years we do what we've always done. Vote for a new President and make sure he isn't like the anti-Amercan one that we have now.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here is an extensive list of Trump's accomplishment while in office. Trump Administration Accomplishments – The White House
Being great again means not allowing criminals, terrorists and drug dealers to walk illegally into our country. It means protecting our school children from being herded by mentally ill perverts. It means being firm with our enemies and not sleeping with them in return for money. It means not sending billions of dollars to Iran. It means not spending our tax dollars on promoting and requiring citizens to abide by rules and purchase products that are environmentally without merit. I could go on, but you can read the attachment. In four years we do what we've always done. Vote for a new President and make sure he isn't like the anti-Amercan one that we have now.
Thank you x
So are their any others who stand out, who would equally fit the role to achieve what you want the next four years to achieve, to carry them on after the coming four. I mean Trump has been quite a character and most of what I hear from his supporters are that he is different to the norm.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you x
So are their any others who stand out, who would equally fit the role to achieve what you want the next four years to achieve, to carry them on after the coming four. I mean Trump has been quite a character and most of what I hear from his supporters are that he is different to the norm.
Trump is a character. I wouldn't invite him to my birthday party. However, his actions speak to me. He makes good decisions for our country and citizenry. You just have to get past the clown suit. He does what is right as President. He will be seen (again) as a leader that you don't mess with. I would much more want his strong pro-American leadership than the incredible fiasco we now endure. I don't currently see anyone else who isn't self-serving.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I hear a lot about MAGA and just wonder , was it great at the end of Trumps last four years. How would you define being great again, what does that even mean and also I understand that Trump can only do another four years and then he cannot stand again- so what happens then ?
Honestly these are serious questions, not trying to provoke anything other than some honest answers.
How can one person actually turn things around in a four year time period and also the emphasis has always been on the man rather than the political group, so who could follow him ?
PGFA . that outta be the slogan . PUT GOD FIRST AGAIN .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would you define being great again
To paraphrase Reagan, being great would be to revitaliza the notion that America is the shining city on a hill, which is a reference to Divine glory on Earth. The beacon of liberty promised by the Lady in the bay, coupled with limited government with no debt.

We will be great again when Demonrats are boo'd off stage and have no ground or quarter to tear her down, where there is universal respect for the rule of law - especially at the border, where only legal migrants enter. This much and more.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Know God, know peace. No God, no peace.

View attachment 44238
a peoples , a city , a state , a nation , nations of the world .
Whatever turns its back on GOD , gets turned into hell . and the path i see this world as one is on
IS that path . For all this the judgment and wrath of GOD and of the Lamb shall surely come .
Let us point to Christ and all biblical doctrine , WHILE there still be the TIME to do so .

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To paraphrase Reagan, being great would be to revitaliza the notion that America is the shining city on a hill, which is a reference to Divine glory on Earth. The beacon of liberty promised by the Lady in the bay, coupled with limited government with no debt.

We will be great again when Demonrats are boo'd off stage and have no ground or quarter to tear her down, where there is universal respect for the rule of law - especially at the border, where only legal migrants enter. This much and more.
Can that actually be achieved though, it’s not something that can be changed quickly, am I right in thinking that Trump tried in his time in office but ultimately ran out of time ( with building the wall ect )

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
From my observation of trump....

He’s in Love with power and he’s in Love with himself.

Personally, I don’t think he is quite the ticket.

That doesn’t mean to say he doesn’t make good decisions for his country...I wouldn’t know anything about that...just my personal opinion of him....

I also watched his inauguration....duh!!

Reactions: Pearl

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not just one man anymore. MAGA has infected most of the Republican party. There are people pulling strings behind the scenes that will still be around after Trump's gone. Only time will tell if they have the drive to keep going after Trump's out of the picture.

Reactions: marks and Rita

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I do not exactly know what 'Making America great again' was, and still is really all about, although if it means bringing more hope, opportunity and confidence into the peoples' national institutions and improving their cost and standards of living, he did that, temporarily and with fragility.

And it only lasted as long as other folks in power signed on to those same ideas of a conservative nation with ideas that once made this country great for them. And they opted out of it within a few years later.

Things that previous generations of Americans enjoyed, or at least place their faith in, is lost now. They have lost hope and do not place faith in nearly anything coming out of the WH, Congress, education system, medicine and health, their 'religions' of faith and even placing trust in their neighbors with many trusting their alarms systems and cameras, with guns at the ready. And many have become spiritless or spirit 'dead' animals, and do not fear their Creator anymore. These problems are too extensive and deep for any one person to fix, as with/in a President or Prime Minister.

This is a widespread degenerating social, political, and spiritual disease that has not even begun to do its worst yet.

Now the areas that Trump clearly restored back of a conservative nature convey more national identity is in the Law and Court system, the Supreme Court is 6-3 in the conservative corner today. He began to solidify and control our now out-of-control immigration system and its enforcement. He slashed taxes that did make a difference for working folks. He began a more Reagan-like conservative foreign policy stance.....

So Trump or someone of his type cannot do any effective work for this country, long-term. We have an individual degenerative disease set to implode this nation and many others, I suspect within another generation or so.

I do also support QT's (@quietthinker ) strategic view (in Post #2) of the 'system' and Trump as one of its tools, that may seem strange or extreme for many to handle.

Reactions: Cassandra and Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @APAK , in many respects this is the view I kind of had, looking in from the outside as it were. However others seem to convey at different times that they actually believe and understand what MAGA actually means and that it will happen. It’s almost as if there is a belief that Trump can achieve all this is four years, to me it is unrealistic.
Are people just being carried along on the hype of his words - an emotional response. I mean we have had it over here with political leaders shouting ‘ Let’s put the Great back in Great Britain ‘ I love the U.K. but the reality is that our history ect is appalling - you know what made us great in the first place, oh I know let’s take all the land from everyone else !!
Rita

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's not just one man anymore. MAGA has infected most of the Republican party. There are people pulling strings behind the scenes that will still be around after Trump's gone. Only time will tell if they have the drive to keep going after Trump's out of the picture.
Okay, that interesting because from the outsiders prospective it does seem as if it is just Trump on his own and that’s who people are trusting in more than the party itself.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks @APAK , in many respects this is the view I kind of had, looking in from the outside as it were. However others seem to convey at different times that they actually believe and understand what MAGA actually means and that it will happen. It’s almost as if there is a belief that Trump can achieve all this is four years, to me it is unrealistic.
Are people just being carried along on the hype of his words - an emotional response. I mean we have had it over here with political leaders shouting ‘ Let’s put the Great back in Great Britain ‘ I love the U.K. but the reality is that our history ect is appalling - you know what made us great in the first place, oh I know let’s take all the land from everyone else !!
Rita
Right on sis...you've got it and I would say the same thing if you were actually speaking with me in your sitting room.

You can see the hypocrisy and the lies in these politicians' words, and more importantly by their actions. I do not have to live in Britain or New Zealand beside here, as I've done already, to know all this . They are made of the same cloth, with different names, nationalities and backgrounds all for the sake of keeping power, and money; and ever back scratching for more of it...

Reactions: Cassandra and Rita
Status
Not open for further replies.