A Pseudo Christ In Jerusalem

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
When our Lord Jesus was upon the Mount of Olivet with some of His Apostles, they asked Him what the signs of the end of this world would be, and of His coming (Matt.24:3). One of those signs is the coming of a pseudo-Christ to try and pass himself off as Messiah, The Christ, in Jerusalem. And Jesus linked it with the "abomination of desolation" prophecy from the Book of Daniel...

Matt 24:15-26
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Christ gave that warning to His servants there in Judea. He also gave this warning to people in the nations to not enter into Judea when they see armies surrounding Jerusalem (Luke 21:20-21).

Matt.24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, he is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, he is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.
(KJV)

Jesus gave us a specific warning with that. The phrase "false Christs" is the sole Greek word pseudochristos made up from two Greek words, 'pseudo' (false) and 'Christos' (Christ). The context is not about many false Christs; it is about a particular pseudo-Christ coming to Jerusalem.

If anyone in that time comes up to you and says something like Christ is here, or over there in Jerusalem, our Lord Jesus said, "believe it not." If someone tells you He's in the desert, or in the secret chambers (i.e., in a temple in Jerusalem), Christ said, "believe it not."

One may not believe it possible just yet, but in that time in the near future many Christian brethren are going to believe it, and even be saying that Christ has returned. That's what it is about.

That is what the Revelation 13:11 forward Scripture is about also involving the "another beast" that will appear LIKE a lamb (i.e. Christ), but will speak as the "dragon" (Devil). That false one will be the "another Jesus" which Apostle Paul warned the brethren about in 2 Corinthians 11. That false one is coming to deceive just like the serpent deceived Eve in God's Garden.

Now just what pulpit do you think those who today are speaking against that coming event in Jerusalem are speaking from? Especially, just who will be instrumental in setting up that pseudo-Christ in a temple in Jerusalem? The deceived that claim to be God's people, that's who. Already those deceived are pushing doctrine that goes directly against what our Lord Jesus warned us there about the coming of a final Antichrist to Jerusalem just prior to His return. Some of those even post on this very forum. Will you allow those to deceive, or will you listen to Christ Jesus there in His Word about this, that's the question?

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
I will listen to Christ Jesus. By your topic about Pseudo christ in Jerusalem I thought you had a "name."

I remember years ago being told of people going to the Holy Land for a religious experience being so caught up in it they claimed to be this person or that person or claimed this event or that event would happen...pulling fom thier personal desires to " be somebody" I guess. I was told this happens quite often there. With that said... it would not surprise me in the least to hear of someone making wild claims there.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, veteran.

veteran said:
When our Lord Jesus was upon the Mount of Olivet with some of His Apostles, they asked Him what the signs of the end of this world would be, and of His coming (Matt.24:3). One of those signs is the coming of a pseudo-Christ to try and pass himself off as Messiah, The Christ, in Jerusalem. And Jesus linked it with the "abomination of desolation" prophecy from the Book of Daniel...

Matt 24:15-26
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Christ gave that warning to His servants there in Judea. He also gave this warning to people in the nations to not enter into Judea when they see armies surrounding Jerusalem (Luke 21:20-21).

Matt.24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, he is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, he is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.
(KJV)

Jesus gave us a specific warning with that. The phrase "false Christs" is the sole Greek word pseudochristos made up from two Greek words, 'pseudo' (false) and 'Christos' (Christ). The context is not about many false Christs; it is about a particular pseudo-Christ coming to Jerusalem.

If anyone in that time comes up to you and says something like Christ is here, or over there in Jerusalem, our Lord Jesus said, "believe it not." If someone tells you He's in the desert, or in the secret chambers (i.e., in a temple in Jerusalem), Christ said, "believe it not."

One may not believe it possible just yet, but in that time in the near future many Christian brethren are going to believe it, and even be saying that Christ has returned. That's what it is about.

That is what the Revelation 13:11 forward Scripture is about also involving the "another beast" that will appear LIKE a lamb (i.e. Christ), but will speak as the "dragon" (Devil). That false one will be the "another Jesus" which Apostle Paul warned the brethren about in 2 Corinthians 11. That false one is coming to deceive just like the serpent deceived Eve in God's Garden.

Now just what pulpit do you think those who today are speaking against that coming event in Jerusalem are speaking from? Especially, just who will be instrumental in setting up that pseudo-Christ in a temple in Jerusalem? The deceived that claim to be God's people, that's who. Already those deceived are pushing doctrine that goes directly against what our Lord Jesus warned us there about the coming of a final Antichrist to Jerusalem just prior to His return. Some of those even post on this very forum. Will you allow those to deceive, or will you listen to Christ Jesus there in His Word about this, that's the question?
That's just silly. Check a Greek New Testament before making silly statements like:

"Jesus gave us a specific warning with that. The phrase "false Christs" is the sole Greek word pseudochristos made up from two Greek words, 'pseudo' (false) and 'Christos' (Christ). The context is not about many false Christs; it is about a particular pseudo-Christ coming to Jerusalem."
This is one of the most BASIC errors in trusting solely to a Greek lexicon or a Greek dictionary for your source! The word in Matthew 24:24 so translated as "false christs" is "pseudochristoi," not "pseudochristos!" It's in the PLURAL form!

He is warning His students - His Jewish friends - that there would come false MESSIAHS (plural) on the scene who may be able to fool even the chosen ones! One of the first to come was Simon Bar Kokhba in the 135 A.D. revolt! Usually, it was just some charismatic character who had the people's ear for a time; a single man who perhaps had some trick to show to convince others they were indeed God's Messiah, but they just wanted the limelight for a season. We have such charlatans today!

There have been many such "messiahs" who have come on the scene during the last 2000 years who have tried to lead the Jews astray or into some trap, and the future "antichrist" person - the beast - will just be ONE of the many!

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Yes, Retrobyter, there are many false christs, anti-christs and such, but normally whenever I refer to The Anti-christ I always refer to the one that iss the Beast, as does most of the people I encounter. Now, I wonder if that was not the same thing that Veteran was doing - although when anti-christ was referred to in other posts he was somewhat critical over the use of anti-christ as meaning the Beast pointed out that there are many anti-christs. With that, I sinmply revert to ... gosh we really all knew what the reference usually is and all that is needed is to understand for what purpose that wiord is used in the person's posting. So. however.. point taken.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, terry.

terry said:
Yes, Retrobyter, there are many false christs, anti-christs and such, but normally whenever I refer to The Anti-christ I always refer to the one that iss the Beast, as does most of the people I encounter. Now, I wonder if that was not the same thing that Veteran was doing - although when anti-christ was referred to in other posts he was somewhat critical over the use of anti-christ as meaning the Beast pointed out that there are many anti-christs. With that, I sinmply revert to ... gosh we really all knew what the reference usually is and all that is needed is to understand for what purpose that wiord is used in the person's posting. So. however.. point taken.
I suppose that could be so; however, veteran likes to equate almost the whole of Matthew 24 to the future. I felt that he was USING the "facts" about the "antichrist," to suggest that Matthew 24 was mainly, if not solely, talking about The Anti-christ. Yeshua` was NOT talking about The Anti-christ in particular; he was warning his students about something FAR closer to their lifetimes!

If you're reading along, veteran, what say you?

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Retro, You didn't ask me but I thought I'd opine anyway. I don't believe 70 AD fulfilled any of the Matthew account of the Olivet Discourse. It's all still future. The best thing that could be said about 70 AD is it's another "type" along the lines of Antiochus Eppiphanes. You would think with God providing us all these types we would get the message, but apparently not. :wacko:

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
terry said:
I will listen to Christ Jesus. By your topic about Pseudo christ in Jerusalem I thought you had a "name."

I remember years ago being told of people going to the Holy Land for a religious experience being so caught up in it they claimed to be this person or that person or claimed this event or that event would happen...pulling fom thier personal desires to " be somebody" I guess. I was told this happens quite often there. With that said... it would not surprise me in the least to hear of someone making wild claims there.

So when our Lord Jesus upon the Mount of Olives warned His disciples about the coming of a pseudo-Christ to Jerusalem to setup the "abomination of desolation" of Daniel, causing many to be deceived, that was just His HOPING something like would come true???

The craziness on this forum has really gone overboard!

Retrobyter said:
Shalom, veteran.

That's just silly. Check a Greek New Testament before making silly statements like:
You know, I wish it truly was a silly matter and never coming true. Yet I choose to listen to our Lord Jesus Himself Who gave that warning, instead of the men of this world. And it is a very easy prophecy to understand too, written of in more than just that Matt.24 and Mark 13 Scripture!

Retrobyter said:
This is one of the most BASIC errors in trusting solely to a Greek lexicon or a Greek dictionary for your source! The word in Matthew 24:24 so translated as "false christs" is "pseudochristoi," not "pseudochristos!" It's in the PLURAL form!
Here's a little test then. Cover for me those Matt.24:21-23 and Matt.24:25-26 verses He gave in context with Matt.24:24, and tell me if He was speaking of a singular false one, or many.

terry said:
We really don't have to use the title of "antichrist" for the Matt.24 example Christ gave, because that title is not there. And that even though Apostle John pointed to both a singular "antichrist" and the plurality of a group of "many antichrists", as written in 2 John 1:7.

The Greek word used for "false Christs" is 'pseudochristos', and it comes from 2 Greek words: pseudo and Christos. In the Greek Christos means Christ, which has NOTHING to do with plurality. If one doesn't believe me on that they can EASILY go look up the Greek word for "Christ" in ALL New Testament Scripture examples, and see that it is Christos in the Greek. Many get fooled by that 'os' on the end of Greek Christos. But IF that is not enough, one can simply read the topic Scripture our Lord Jesus was giving in those verses before it and right after it, per the Matt.24:21-23 and Matt.24:25-26 verses, which is about a SINGULAR false Christ.

Trekson said:
Hi Retro, You didn't ask me but I thought I'd opine anyway. I don't believe 70 AD fulfilled any of the Matthew account of the Olivet Discourse. It's all still future. The best thing that could be said about 70 AD is it's another "type" along the lines of Antiochus Eppiphanes. You would think with God providing us all these types we would get the message, but apparently not. :wacko:
How many times do you think I've raised that very point with Retrobyter, but he still denies it? I lost count.

It's easy to know when men's doctrines are at play with interpretation of Bible prophecy, simply because it will always fail in at least one or more requirements of the prophecy.

Men's doctrines that treat Matt.24 as being fulfilled in 70 A.D. by the Romans fails in several areas:

1. the "abomination of desolation" prophecy is a requirement, and per that prophecy it involves a false one coming to place it in the temple at Jerusalem, per the Book of Daniel. That never happened in 70 A.D., because the temple burned before the Romans could sieze it (per Jewish historian Josephus who lived in the era of 100 A.D.). Antiochus IV in 165-170 B.C. served as a 'pattern' for placing the "abomination of desolation", because he siezed Jerusalem, desolated the temple by sacrificng swine upon the altar and spreading its broth around inside the temple, and then set up an idol abomination commanding all to bow to it. Yet Christ gave the prophecy in Matt.24 much later AFTER... Antiochus has long been dead.

2. a STANDING temple in Jerusalem is another requirement of Matt.24 per no.1 above. Since the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the temple burned to the ground in 70 A.D., no other Israelite temple has been built there to this day.

3. the Jewish historian Josephus spoke of false messiahs in the desert that deceived during that time the Romans destroyed Jerusalem in 70 A.D, but that was apart from the requirement of the "abomination of desolation" that's to be setup in a standing temple in Jerusalem. This shows our Lord giving us a separate pattern than the event He was speaking of to be fulfilled at the very end in our near future. For the pseudo-Christ or false messiah is to come to sit in another temple there yet to be built.

4. Jesus said that immediately after... the tribulation in those days, His second coming and gathering of His saints would occur. We well... know that event has still yet to happen even to our day. It certainly did NOT happen in 70 A.D.

5. per the Matt.24:33-36 verses where Christ was giving the parable of the figtree, He showed all those things He gave in that chapter coming to pass upon a final generation, the generation that is to "see all these things" (Matt.24:33). The generation when He gave that prophecy is passed, the generation of 70 A.D. is passed, and no single generation has yet to "see all these things". Yet today we are starting to see development of all of them. When another temple is built in Jerusalem with sacrifices starting up again, that will only further cement this prophecy coming to pass in our times.

So there's 5 points where claimers that Matt.24 prophecy is past already have failed.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
veteran said:
So there's 5 points where claimers that Matt.24 prophecy is past already have failed.
4 of those points all mention your mandated temple which would disappear If you really understood Danial 9:24-27

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Rex said:
4 of those points all mention your mandated temple which would disappear If you really understood Danial 9:24-27
All I've got to do is look at Daniel chapter 11...

Dan 11:23-24
23 And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.
24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.
(KJV)

Dan 11:30-31
30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
(KJV)

And then this next verse is almost totally cleared up...

Dan 9:27
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
(KJV)

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Veteran worte: " So when our Lord Jesus upon the Mount of Olives warned His disciples about the coming of a pseudo-Christ to Jerusalem to setup the "abomination of desolation" of Daniel, causing many to be deceived, that was just His HOPING something like would come true???

The craziness on this forum has really gone overboard! "

No Vet, it means that there will be many anti-christs and the many can assist in obscuring the true Beast when he arrives.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
terry said:
Veteran worte: " So when our Lord Jesus upon the Mount of Olives warned His disciples about the coming of a pseudo-Christ to Jerusalem to setup the "abomination of desolation" of Daniel, causing many to be deceived, that was just His HOPING something like would come true???

The craziness on this forum has really gone overboard! "

No Vet, it means that there will be many anti-christs and the many can assist in obscuring the true Beast when he arrives.
That's just it, the majority today don't know who the coming Antichrist will be, nor will they know when he gets here. That's why the majority of the whole will bow to that coming false one truly thinking he is God. That's the specific warning our Lord Jesus and His Apostles gave about it.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Just some random thoughts from me ......

I think there will definitely be a lot of confusion during those times ..... I suspect the "false Christ" will come with a lot of fanfare and it will be difficult "not to follow him" ...... it will probably be the popular thing to do (follow him)

Even the solid and mature Christian will do a lot of soul searching at that time

We may suspect he is a "false Christ" ..... but nagging us is the worry we might be denying the "Real Christ"

When we look back in (bible) history ..... most people were caught off guard when God "did his thing" ...... Jesus came and was not recognized by many ..... nobody was expecting a flood at the time of Noah etc.

I tend to feel that as Christians we are already on the winning team ..... we have already "chosen Christ" ..... and It would not seem right if we had "to choose Him again" during the end times.

I also feel that the warning about "false Christs" is written mainly to the Jews and Israel ...... they can more easily be deceived because they are still waiting for the Messiah to be revealed

I suspect that most of us will recognize the "false Christ" but it will be a very unpleasant time for us as we try to warn others ..... we will be perceived as being a bunch of negative confused narrow minded people.

How many people ridiculed Noah while he built his ark ?

How many people were clapping and cheering when Jesus was crucified ?

Like I said .... just some random thoughts from me today.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, veteran.
veteran said:
You know, I wish it truly was a silly matter and never coming true. Yet I choose to listen to our Lord Jesus Himself Who gave that warning, instead of the men of this world [in other words, instead of YOU]. And it is a very easy prophecy to understand too, written of in more than just that Matt.24 and Mark 13 Scripture!
When I said, "Check a Greek New Testament before making silly statements like 'Jesus gave us a specific warning with that. The phrase "false Christs" is the sole Greek word pseudochristos made up from two Greek words, 'pseudo' (false) and 'Christos' (Christ). The context is not about many false Christs; it is about a particular pseudo-Christ coming to Jerusalem,'" I was SPECIFICALLY referring to YOUR statement, not Yeshua`s statement! You made the error, not Yeshua`! Sure, the Olivet Discourse is easy to understand IF you start from the right premise!
veteran said:
Here's a little test then. Cover for me those Matt.24:21-23 and Matt.24:25-26 verses He gave in context with Matt.24:24, and tell me if He was speaking of a singular false one, or many.
Happily. Matthew 24:21-23 is part of the greater whole; so, let's back up to verse 4:

Matthew 24:4-31
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

So, Yeshua` responded by saying to them, "Be on guard so no one fools you!"

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

"For MANY shall come using my authority, saying, 'I am the Messiah!' and shall fool many!"

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

"And, you all shall hear about wars and threats of war: don't let it bother you: for all these things must happen, but the conclusion won't be right away."

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

"For a nation shall rise up against another nation [time and time again], and a kingdom against another kingdom; there shall be famines, diseases, earthquakes, in many different places!"

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

"All of these are just the beginning of birthpangs!"

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

"During that time, they shall turn you all over to be tortured and shall execute you, and you all shall be hated by all nations because of my authority."

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

"And, during that time, many shall be convinced to sin, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another."

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

"[During that time,] many lying prophets shall arise and shall fool many people."

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

"And, because sin shall be rampant, the love of many shall grow cold."

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

"However, he who shall last to the conclusion, that person shall be rescued."

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

"And this good news about the Kingdom shall be announced all over the world for a testimony to all nations; and then the conclusion shall come."

(Now, He goes back...)
(Luke adds, "When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by its enemies, you will know its desolation is at hand,...")
"Therefore, when you all shall see 'desolation's abomination' stand in the Holy place, spoken about by Dani'el the Naviy (Reader, understand),..."
(Mark adds, "where it shouldn't be...")

"At that time, allow those who are in the land of Y'hudah flee into the mountains (of Isra'el):"

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

"Don't allow the one who is on the housetop to come down to salvage anything out of his house..."

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

"Nor allow the one who is out in the field to return back [into the city] to grab his clothes..."

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

"And, ... ooahee!!! ... for those who are pregnant and for those who are nursing in those days!"

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

"But beg God that your escape not be during the winter nor on the Shabbat!"

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

"For at that time, terrible pressure shall begin - a kind never before experienced since the beginning of civilization and never shall be again!"

"And unless those days [of pressure] should be reduced [in number], there wouldn't be anyone rescued! However, for the sake of the chosen ones, those days [of pressure] shall be reduced [in number]!"

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

"At that time, if anyone shall say to you all, 'LOOK! Here's the Messiah!' or 'There He is!' Don't you believe it!"

"For there shall arise lying 'Messiahs' and lying prophets who shall show amazing indicators and miracles; so much so that, if it were possible, they should fool the very chosen ones!"

"Pay attention! I've told you well in advance!"

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

"Therefore, if they shall say to you all, 'Look! He's in the Negev!' Don't go out there! 'Look! He's in these private rooms!' Don't believe it!"

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

"For the coming of the Son of Man shall be like the lightning that flashes on the eastern horizon and shines even to the western horizon!"
(That's how prominent and obvious it will be!)

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

"For wherever there's roadkill, that's where the vultures will flock!"

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

"Right after the pressure of those days, the sun shall be darkened, the moon shall not reflect its light, the stars shall fall from the sky (meteorites), and the weather patterns shall be interrupted!"

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

"And at that time the indicator in the sky about the Son of Man shall appear: and at that time all the families of the Land shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of the sky with power and amazing brightness!"

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

"And He shall send His messengers with the loud sound of a trumpet, and they shall collect His chosen ones from the four compass directions, from one altitude of the sky to the other!"

Now, let's put it all together:

So, Yeshua` responded by saying to them, "Be on guard so no one fools you! For MANY shall come using my authority, saying, 'I am the Messiah!' and shall fool many! And, you all shall hear about wars and threats of war: don't let it bother you: for all these things must happen, but the conclusion won't be right away. For a nation shall rise up against another nation [time and time again], and a kingdom against another kingdom; there shall be famines, diseases, earthquakes, in many different places! All of these are just the beginning of birthpangs! During that time, they shall turn you all over to be tortured and shall execute you, and you all shall be hated by all nations because of my authority. And, during that time, many shall be convinced to sin, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. [During that time,] many lying prophets shall arise and shall fool many people. And, because sin shall be rampant, the love of many [for each other] shall grow cold. However, he who shall last to the conclusion, that person shall be rescued. And this good news about the Kingdom shall be announced all over the world for a testimony to all nations; and then the conclusion shall come."

(Now, He goes back...)

"When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by its enemies, you will know its desolation is at hand. Therefore, when you all shall see 'desolation's abomination' stand in the Holy place where it shouldn't be, spoken about by Dani'el the Naviy (Reader, understand), at that time, allow those who are in the land of Y'hudah to flee into the mountains (of Isra'el): Don't allow the one who is on the housetop to come down to salvage anything out of his house, nor allow the one who is out in the field to return back [into the city] to grab his clothes, and, ... ooahee!!! ... for those who are pregnant and for those who are nursing in those days! But beg God that your escape not be during the winter nor on the Shabbat! For at that time, terrible pressure shall begin - a kind never before experienced since the beginning of civilization and never shall be again! And unless those days [of pressure] should be reduced [in number], there wouldn't be anyone rescued! However, for the sake of the chosen ones, those days [of pressure] shall be reduced [in number]!

"At that time, if anyone shall say to you all, 'LOOK! Here's the Messiah!' or 'There He is!' Don't you believe it! For there shall arise lying 'Messiahs' and lying prophets who shall show amazing indicators and miracles; so much so that, if it were possible, they should fool the very chosen ones! Pay attention! I've told you well in advance! Therefore, if they shall say to you all, 'Look! He's in the Negev!' Don't go out there! 'Look! He's in these private rooms!' Don't believe it! For the coming of the Son of Man shall be like the lightning that flashes on the eastern horizon and shines even to the western horizon! (That's how prominent and obvious it will be!) For wherever there's roadkill, that's where the vultures will flock!

"Right after the pressure of those days, the sun shall be darkened, the moon shall not reflect its light, the stars shall fall from the sky (meteorites), and the weather patterns shall be interrupted! And at that time the indicator in the sky about the Son of Man shall appear: and at that time all the families of the Land shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of the sky with power and amazing brightness! And He shall send His messengers with the loud sound of a trumpet, and they shall collect His chosen ones from the four compass directions, from one altitude of the sky to the other!"

veteran said:
The Greek word used for "false Christs" is 'pseudochristos', and it comes from 2 Greek words: pseudo and Christos. In the Greek Christos means Christ, which has NOTHING to do with plurality. If one doesn't believe me on that they can EASILY go look up the Greek word for "Christ" in ALL New Testament Scripture examples, and see that it is Christos in the Greek. Many get fooled by that 'os' on the end of Greek Christos. But IF that is not enough, one can simply read the topic Scripture our Lord Jesus was giving in those verses before it and right after it, per the Matt.24:21-23 and Matt.24:25-26 verses, which is about a SINGULAR false Christ.
You've done it AGAIN!!! "Pseudochristos" is the singular form! "Pseudochristoi" is the plural form! "Pseudochristoi" is what is written in Matthew 24:24 that was translated as "false Christs!" (See above.) It is "Christos" ONLY in the singular, such as in the frequent example of referring to Yeshua` THE "Christos" or THE Messiah! Here's the Greek of Matthew 24:24:

24 egertheesontai gar pseudochristoi kai pseudoprofeetai, kai doosousin seemeia megala kai terata hooste planeesai, ei dunaton, kai tous eklektous:

Here's a direct word-for-word translation (swap the first two words, and put the adjective before the noun, in English)

24 there-shall-arise <-> for false-Messiahs and false-prophets, and they-shall-give signs <-> great and miracles so-much-so-that they-shall-deceive, if possible, even the chosen-ones:

Look, I can see that you're not so much into the Greek, but it might be a good idea to learn it - at least, a little bit - before talking about the Greek! It's a word of the omicron (-o) declension: The endings of the omicron declension, or the second declension, the masculine gender, are as follows:

Using the stem, "logo-," meaning "a word," for an example, here's the declension:

Singular forms:
Nominative: -os as in "logos" meaning the subject of the sentence, "a word"
Genitive: -ou as in "logou" meaning the possessive form, "of a word"
Ablative: -ou as in "logou" meaning the source, "from a word"
Locative: -oo as in "logoo" meaning the location, "in a word" or "at a word"
Instrumental: -oo as in "logoo" meaning the tool, "with a word" or "by a word"
Dative: -oo as in "logoo" meaning the indirect object, "to a word" or "for a word"
Accusative: -on as in "logon" meaning the direct object, "a word"
Vocative: -e as in "loge" meaning the direct address, "O word"

Plural forms:
Nominative: -oi as in "logoi" meaning the subjects, "words"
Genitive: -oon as in "logoon" meaning the possessive, "of words"
Ablative: -oon as in "logoon" meaning the sources, "from words"
Locative: -ois as in "logois" meaning the location, "in words" or "at words"
Instrumental: -ois as in "logois" meaning the tools, "with words" or "by words"
Dative: -ois as in "logois" meaning the indirect objects, "to words" or "for words"
Accusative: -ous as in "logous" meaning the direct objects, "words"
Vocative: -oi as in "logoi" meaning the direct address, "O words"

The word "pseudochristos," being of that declension, undergoes the same ending changes as the word "logos" above! THAT'S what the ending "-os" is all about!
veteran said:
How many times do you think I've raised that very point with Retrobyter, but he still denies it? I lost count.

It's easy to know when men's doctrines are at play with interpretation of Bible prophecy, simply because it will always fail in at least one or more requirements of the prophecy.

Men's doctrines that treat Matt.24 as being fulfilled in 70 A.D. by the Romans fails in several areas:

1. the "abomination of desolation" prophecy is a requirement, and per that prophecy it involves a false one coming to place it in the temple at Jerusalem, per the Book of Daniel. That never happened in 70 A.D., because the temple burned before the Romans could sieze it (per Jewish historian Josephus who lived in the era of 100 A.D.). Antiochus IV in 165-170 B.C. served as a 'pattern' for placing the "abomination of desolation", because he siezed Jerusalem, desolated the temple by sacrificng swine upon the altar and spreading its broth around inside the temple, and then set up an idol abomination commanding all to bow to it. Yet Christ gave the prophecy in Matt.24 much later AFTER... Antiochus has long been dead.

2. a STANDING temple in Jerusalem is another requirement of Matt.24 per no.1 above. Since the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the temple burned to the ground in 70 A.D., no other Israelite temple has been built there to this day.

3. the Jewish historian Josephus spoke of false messiahs in the desert that deceived during that time the Romans destroyed Jerusalem in 70 A.D, but that was apart from the requirement of the "abomination of desolation" that's to be setup in a standing temple in Jerusalem. This shows our Lord giving us a separate pattern than the event He was speaking of to be fulfilled at the very end in our near future. For the pseudo-Christ or false messiah is to come to sit in another temple there yet to be built.

4. Jesus said that immediately after... the tribulation in those days, His second coming and gathering of His saints would occur. We well... know that event has still yet to happen even to our day. It certainly did NOT happen in 70 A.D.

5. per the Matt.24:33-36 verses where Christ was giving the parable of the fig tree, He showed all those things He gave in that chapter coming to pass upon a final generation, the generation that is to "see all these things" (Matt.24:33). The generation when He gave that prophecy is passed, the generation of 70 A.D. is passed, and no single generation has yet to "see all these things". Yet today we are starting to see development of all of them. When another temple is built in Jerusalem with sacrifices starting up again, that will only further cement this prophecy coming to pass in our times.

And, as I've said continually, I'm not one who believes that all of Matthew 24 was fulfilled in the past. There are parts that are yet in the future; HOWEVER, I am also not one who believes that everything is still in the future! There are some things mentioned in His discourse that began in the past with His audience's near future! HE WAS WARNING THEM OF IMPENDING TROUBLE! Trouble that was RIGHT ON THEIR DOORSTEP! He was NOT talking about things they could never experience themselves! He was talking DIRECTLY TO THEM! Is it really that hard for you to understand?!

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Ok, so there are many anti-christs, but there is only one Beast - this Beast is also known to us as "the" Anti-Christ. It is by miracles that his position, power and wealth along with the miracle of his healing of a mortal wound that magnifies his position and fame. Is this not a sufficient explanation of the Beast?

Lets accept it as sufficient and move on.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, terry.

terry said:
Ok, so there are many anti-christs, but there is only one Beast - this Beast is also known to us as "the" Anti-Christ. It is by miracles that his position, power and wealth along with the miracle of his healing of a mortal wound that magnifies his position and fame. Is this not a sufficient explanation of the Beast?

Lets accept it as sufficient and move on.
It's a good start, but then one must ask other questions, like, "Is 'the Beast' a person?" "Is 'the Beast' an organization?" "Is 'the Beast' a country?" "Is 'the Beast' an idea or a system?" The Greek word translated as "beast" in Revelation 13:1-9 is "theerion," the diminutive form of "theer." Thus, it means a "little beast," a "beast" like those that are hunted, prey. This is that "first beast" which will have the "wounded head." And, that "wounded head" is just one of the SEVEN heads that it has!

Revelation 13:1-9
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
KJV

Then, we have a SECOND "beast" (same word, "theerion"):

Revelation 13:11-18
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
KJV

This "beast" is commonly called the "false prophet."

Then, there is a THIRD beast, identified as the "scarlet-colored beast," along with a prostitute arrayed in purple and scarlet, covered with gold and gems, riding it:

Revelation 17:1-6
1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
KJV

Again, this is the same word, "theerion."

HOWEVER, we are then given this interpretation of this beast:

Revelation 17:7-18
7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
KJV

And, this beast DOES seem to be a kingdom with seven mountains upon which the prostitute sits. So, do we have consistency in the interpretation of these symbols, or not? Do we have the right "beast" or not? And, is there any relationship between the first two beasts and the third, scarlet beast?

I just can't accept the current interpretations of these beast symbols. Are the multiple heads mountains? OR, do they represent something else? Furthermore, what is this about "the beast who has been healed of a mortal wound" interpretation? I think we need a more consistent interpretation, and I'm not willing to admit to ANYTHING about these three beasts until we have a better handle on the symbology.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
One can bankrupt a Company and even a Country, but one cannot kill it. One can mortally wound a person and that wound healed and be marvelef because of the miracle, but not a Company or Country. therefore the Beast that receives the wound is a person. Who are we that a lizard walks into a meeting or country officials and is given charge? So of course this Beast is a human type person. Arriving at this is the first step. We must be able to use our wisdom in descerning Scripture and be able to build a workng model. Now ths Beast is THE anti-christ and either Satan takes over his body at the time of the wound or takes over this body at the time of the Abomination of Desolation. If Satan takes over this body at the time of the wound he will ediy ir with his beauty and possible immortality at the Abomination of Desolation. To back this up... Scripture tells is this Beast will have an image of the Beast which had the mortal wound and he gives it life... Where is that life's origin? - Of course it is the life of the Beast - before Satan overtook his body. This model works as it includes the image of the Beast which is given life, so try to dis-prove this idea - then do not try without a workable presentation of the reasoning behind the image of the Beast givem life.

I have posted this before. Note that when Satan is cast unto the earth - takes over the body of the Beast with the wound... He will require a few things... ONE Finances... personal funds. TWO a history -THREE a residence, infact a certain residence, it cannot be just anywhere. One cannot show up on the scene broke, homeless and without an earthly past and expect to be given charge. No body in the form of a human and gets to rule most of the world's nations??? Drivers license, credit cards, cell phone all these things require a history as well. So as I said before - this is a working model. But, I am open to other ideas as long as those ideas entail all the aspects to allow Satan immediate position.

You stated this Beast is commonly called the False Prophet, but in my studies the False Prophet is a different person - the person that works with this Beast and is accepted as a Jew... Not only accepted but probably the high priest of the Jews. He is the one who obtains acceptance for the Beast that is Satan to be allowed in the inner sanctum whereby the Abomination of Desolation is committed.

The above is step one.

The other Beasts are not depicted as human beings other than symbolically.They do not show hte frailities inherient of a human being. And they are described as much more than a mere person. But let us fisrt discover resolve with the first Beast.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Arnie.

Arnie Manitoba said:
retro prints half the bible in his first post
And the other half in his second post.
So? Don't you think it would be a GOOD thing to go back and review just what it is in the Scriptures that we're discussing? Just get over it!

Look, many resort to theology instead of Scripture, but the Scripture should govern/control our theology, not the other way around! THEREFORE, the Scriptures are MUCH more important than any one take ON those Scriptures!

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
Shalom, Arnie.

So? Don't you think it would be a GOOD thing to go back and review just what it is in the Scriptures that we're discussing? Just get over it!

Look, many resort to theology instead of Scripture, but the Scripture should govern/control our theology, not the other way around! THEREFORE, the Scriptures are MUCH more important than any one take ON those Scriptures!
I wholeheartedly agree. Frankly, I don't give two spits for the writings of great and learned theologians that don't agree with plain scripture. I prefer to see what the scripture says, not what some man thinks it says.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, veteran.

When I said, "Check a Greek New Testament before making silly statements like 'Jesus gave us a specific warning with that. The phrase "false Christs" is the sole Greek word pseudochristos made up from two Greek words, 'pseudo' (false) and 'Christos' (Christ). The context is not about many false Christs; it is about a particular pseudo-Christ coming to Jerusalem,'" I was SPECIFICALLY referring to YOUR statement, not Yeshua`s statement! You made the error, not Yeshua`! Sure, the Olivet Discourse is easy to understand IF you start from the right premise!

Happily. Matthew 24:21-23 is part of the greater whole; so, let's back up to verse 4:

Matthew 24:4-31
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

So, Yeshua` responded by saying to them, "Be on guard so no one fools you!"

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

"For MANY shall come using my authority, saying, 'I am the Messiah!' and shall fool many!"

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

"And, you all shall hear about wars and threats of war: don't let it bother you: for all these things must happen, but the conclusion won't be right away."

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

"For a nation shall rise up against another nation [time and time again], and a kingdom against another kingdom; there shall be famines, diseases, earthquakes, in many different places!"

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

"All of these are just the beginning of birthpangs!"

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

"During that time, they shall turn you all over to be tortured and shall execute you, and you all shall be hated by all nations because of my authority."

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

"And, during that time, many shall be convinced to sin, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another."

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

"[During that time,] many lying prophets shall arise and shall fool many people."

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

"And, because sin shall be rampant, the love of many shall grow cold."

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

"However, he who shall last to the conclusion, that person shall be rescued."

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

"And this good news about the Kingdom shall be announced all over the world for a testimony to all nations; and then the conclusion shall come."

(Now, He goes back...)
(Luke adds, "When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by its enemies, you will know its desolation is at hand,...")
"Therefore, when you all shall see 'desolation's abomination' stand in the Holy place, spoken about by Dani'el the Naviy (Reader, understand),..."
(Mark adds, "where it shouldn't be...")

"At that time, allow those who are in the land of Y'hudah flee into the mountains (of Isra'el):"

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

"Don't allow the one who is on the housetop to come down to salvage anything out of his house..."

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

"Nor allow the one who is out in the field to return back [into the city] to grab his clothes..."

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

"And, ... ooahee!!! ... for those who are pregnant and for those who are nursing in those days!"

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

"But beg God that your escape not be during the winter nor on the Shabbat!"

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

"For at that time, terrible pressure shall begin - a kind never before experienced since the beginning of civilization and never shall be again!"

"And unless those days [of pressure] should be reduced [in number], there wouldn't be anyone rescued! However, for the sake of the chosen ones, those days [of pressure] shall be reduced [in number]!"

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

"At that time, if anyone shall say to you all, 'LOOK! Here's the Messiah!' or 'There He is!' Don't you believe it!"

"For there shall arise lying 'Messiahs' and lying prophets who shall show amazing indicators and miracles; so much so that, if it were possible, they should fool the very chosen ones!"

"Pay attention! I've told you well in advance!"

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

"Therefore, if they shall say to you all, 'Look! He's in the Negev!' Don't go out there! 'Look! He's in these private rooms!' Don't believe it!"

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

"For the coming of the Son of Man shall be like the lightning that flashes on the eastern horizon and shines even to the western horizon!"
(That's how prominent and obvious it will be!)

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

"For wherever there's roadkill, that's where the vultures will flock!"

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

"Right after the pressure of those days, the sun shall be darkened, the moon shall not reflect its light, the stars shall fall from the sky (meteorites), and the weather patterns shall be interrupted!"

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

"And at that time the indicator in the sky about the Son of Man shall appear: and at that time all the families of the Land shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of the sky with power and amazing brightness!"

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

"And He shall send His messengers with the loud sound of a trumpet, and they shall collect His chosen ones from the four compass directions, from one altitude of the sky to the other!"

Now, let's put it all together:

So, Yeshua` responded by saying to them, "Be on guard so no one fools you! For MANY shall come using my authority, saying, 'I am the Messiah!' and shall fool many! And, you all shall hear about wars and threats of war: don't let it bother you: for all these things must happen, but the conclusion won't be right away. For a nation shall rise up against another nation [time and time again], and a kingdom against another kingdom; there shall be famines, diseases, earthquakes, in many different places! All of these are just the beginning of birthpangs! During that time, they shall turn you all over to be tortured and shall execute you, and you all shall be hated by all nations because of my authority. And, during that time, many shall be convinced to sin, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. [During that time,] many lying prophets shall arise and shall fool many people. And, because sin shall be rampant, the love of many [for each other] shall grow cold. However, he who shall last to the conclusion, that person shall be rescued. And this good news about the Kingdom shall be announced all over the world for a testimony to all nations; and then the conclusion shall come."

(Now, He goes back...)

"When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by its enemies, you will know its desolation is at hand. Therefore, when you all shall see 'desolation's abomination' stand in the Holy place where it shouldn't be, spoken about by Dani'el the Naviy (Reader, understand), at that time, allow those who are in the land of Y'hudah to flee into the mountains (of Isra'el): Don't allow the one who is on the housetop to come down to salvage anything out of his house, nor allow the one who is out in the field to return back [into the city] to grab his clothes, and, ... ooahee!!! ... for those who are pregnant and for those who are nursing in those days! But beg God that your escape not be during the winter nor on the Shabbat! For at that time, terrible pressure shall begin - a kind never before experienced since the beginning of civilization and never shall be again! And unless those days [of pressure] should be reduced [in number], there wouldn't be anyone rescued! However, for the sake of the chosen ones, those days [of pressure] shall be reduced [in number]!

"At that time, if anyone shall say to you all, 'LOOK! Here's the Messiah!' or 'There He is!' Don't you believe it! For there shall arise lying 'Messiahs' and lying prophets who shall show amazing indicators and miracles; so much so that, if it were possible, they should fool the very chosen ones! Pay attention! I've told you well in advance! Therefore, if they shall say to you all, 'Look! He's in the Negev!' Don't go out there! 'Look! He's in these private rooms!' Don't believe it! For the coming of the Son of Man shall be like the lightning that flashes on the eastern horizon and shines even to the western horizon! (That's how prominent and obvious it will be!) For wherever there's roadkill, that's where the vultures will flock!

"Right after the pressure of those days, the sun shall be darkened, the moon shall not reflect its light, the stars shall fall from the sky (meteorites), and the weather patterns shall be interrupted! And at that time the indicator in the sky about the Son of Man shall appear: and at that time all the families of the Land shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of the sky with power and amazing brightness! And He shall send His messengers with the loud sound of a trumpet, and they shall collect His chosen ones from the four compass directions, from one altitude of the sky to the other!"

You've done it AGAIN!!! "Pseudochristos" is the singular form! "Pseudochristoi" is the plural form! "Pseudochristoi" is what is written in Matthew 24:24 that was translated as "false Christs!" (See above.) It is "Christos" ONLY in the singular, such as in the frequent example of referring to Yeshua` THE "Christos" or THE Messiah! Here's the Greek of Matthew 24:24:

24 egertheesontai gar pseudochristoi kai pseudoprofeetai, kai doosousin seemeia megala kai terata hooste planeesai, ei dunaton, kai tous eklektous:

Here's a direct word-for-word translation (swap the first two words, and put the adjective before the noun, in English)

24 there-shall-arise <-> for false-Messiahs and false-prophets, and they-shall-give signs <-> great and miracles so-much-so-that they-shall-deceive, if possible, even the chosen-ones:

Look, I can see that you're not so much into the Greek, but it might be a good idea to learn it - at least, a little bit - before talking about the Greek! It's a word of the omicron (-o) declension: The endings of the omicron declension, or the second declension, the masculine gender, are as follows:

Using the stem, "logo-," meaning "a word," for an example, here's the declension:

Singular forms:
Nominative: -os as in "logos" meaning the subject of the sentence, "a word"
Genitive: -ou as in "logou" meaning the possessive form, "of a word"
Ablative: -ou as in "logou" meaning the source, "from a word"
Locative: -oo as in "logoo" meaning the location, "in a word" or "at a word"
Instrumental: -oo as in "logoo" meaning the tool, "with a word" or "by a word"
Dative: -oo as in "logoo" meaning the indirect object, "to a word" or "for a word"
Accusative: -on as in "logon" meaning the direct object, "a word"
Vocative: -e as in "loge" meaning the direct address, "O word"

Plural forms:
Nominative: -oi as in "logoi" meaning the subjects, "words"
Genitive: -oon as in "logoon" meaning the possessive, "of words"
Ablative: -oon as in "logoon" meaning the sources, "from words"
Locative: -ois as in "logois" meaning the location, "in words" or "at words"
Instrumental: -ois as in "logois" meaning the tools, "with words" or "by words"
Dative: -ois as in "logois" meaning the indirect objects, "to words" or "for words"
Accusative: -ous as in "logous" meaning the direct objects, "words"
Vocative: -oi as in "logoi" meaning the direct address, "O words"

The word "pseudochristos," being of that declension, undergoes the same ending changes as the word "logos" above! THAT'S what the ending "-os" is all about!

And, as I've said continually, I'm not one who believes that all of Matthew 24 was fulfilled in the past. There are parts that are yet in the future; HOWEVER, I am also not one who believes that everything is still in the future! There are some things mentioned in His discourse that began in the past with His audience's near future! HE WAS WARNING THEM OF IMPENDING TROUBLE! Trouble that was RIGHT ON THEIR DOORSTEP! He was NOT talking about things they could never experience themselves! He was talking DIRECTLY TO THEM! Is it really that hard for you to understand?!

Just as I thought, You dance around the subject of those Matthew 24 verses WITHOUT addressing my specific point of a SINGULAR false messiah Jesus was warning of in the Matt.24:21-26 verses. The subject of that pseudo-Christ there is SINGULAR, not plural.

Matt.24:5 is about the "many antichrists" concept of John, and "mystery of iniquity" per Paul. Matt.24:21-26 is about SPECIFIC Antichrist which Apostles John and Paul covered also.