About hearing, and the Word of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is called the Word of God! That is His name, simply because He has the words that God has for us personally. Yet I have found many 'Christians' who called the Scriptures "The Word of God" and many don't hear from Him, or rarely hear from Him, or don't tend to pick up "words" from Him but maybe and unction or feeling from Him.

We are not preaching a feeling or unction from God. We are not preaching that He is dead or in some far-off place called heaven, but rather that the Word is near us and found in our hearts and even in our mouth. We also are not preaching the Bible as the Word of God but rather Jesus Christ as the Word of God!

The Holy Spirit once told me, "We don't us the Lord to preach the Scriptures, we use the Scriptures to preach the Lord." We get all that backwards because we just don't hear from Him like we should.

This morning He got me up and started talking to me about posting on the subject of hearing and Him as the Word of God. I don't like to, because while it is very simple, it is really hard to explain because too many don't hear from Him like they should. Even me. I don't hear from Hi like I should either, but I do pick up what He has to say to me in words most of the time.

First - God is spirit. So, we hear from the Holy Spirit of God and we do that hearing in our spirit. The Holy Spirit might speak to your spirit with enough power that you think what He said is audible, but it was not audible!! That is why Moses, at the Mountain of God, picked up words and the people picked up what sounded like thunder to them. It is also why Saul on the road heard the specific words the Lord had to say, but the people with only knew something was happening! It is written that His words are spirit and life... so don't go around thinking God is going to talk to you through sound waves!! The word of God we preach is thus found in your heart (not the physical, beat beat, heart) and in your mouth.

Second - To pick up those spiritual words from God given to your spirit you have to believe that God is there to talk to you!!!! This is very important - if you don't think God could be talking to you, then you won't be able to discern what His Holy Spirit puts in your spirit from you or what any other spirit puts in your spirit!! Paul wanted to know only one thing, and that was whether they received the Holy Spirit by works of the Law or by hearing with faith! Hearing by faith is indeed the One thing you must do!! Jesus told Martha that only one thing was need, and that was listening to Him like Mary was doing.

Third - Since we virtually go around all day thinking about physical, worldly, and fleshing things, we are really really not good and picking up spiritual things! So to start getting better at hearing with our spiritual ears, we have to start practicing using our spiritual ears!! Simply put, the more you start practicing trying to hear from the Lord the better you are going to get at picking up what the Lord is speaking to you. It will probably start of by picking up an unction or feeling, but you need to get to where His words start coming across to you as words! Again, we are preaching the Word of God, not the unction and feeling of God.

Fourth - The Holy Spirit is not the only spirit around. You have a spirit. There are evil spirits. And there is the Kingdom of God (those angelic spirits which He also sends to minister to you) and know that there are more with you than against you! Being aware of what is going on but being aware is not disregarding what is going on! That would be the opposite of being aware and is where most people are at!

Five - Make it easy. Too often people start to seek God by asking Him hard to believe for answers. Don't ask Him how to get a job, house, car, or a million dollars. Even if He told you, you would not believe it. Of course, He would probably tell you other things first. It is written that He guides our steps! So, He might be willing to give you a million dollars, but first you might need to go to the poorest countries in the world to prepare you for the job and house that He needs you in. And then the million dollars you get might be needed for something you had not thought about. You could be another Heidi Baker, but start by hearing Him for small things, like what step to take next. I got to really hearing from Him by asking Him what lane of the freeway I should be in while driving to work. That work well, but that is a story to be told later perhaps.

Six - ASK HIM QUESTIONS!!! Some have a concept about God that says He does not like questions. I remember a TV series called Joan of Arcadis, that seemed to present God and someone not willing to answer question. Nothing could be farther from the truth. He loves answering questions!! There is something written about you have not because you have not asked. That is about actual answers! It is too often presented as getting things! He is not a machine that just gives you what you want, but He is someone who really cares for you and part of that caring is that He wants to reprove you, teach you, give you good advice and counsel. Don't forget to make is easy, but do ask Him questions and listen with your spiritual ears. Faith comes by hearing, so the more you ask and listen the easier it will be to hear Him for the next thing!!

Seven - If you are still having trouble hearing from Him, seek some help from others that do hear from Him. There are some things that can get in the way of hearing from Him that are not just faith related. If you have forgiveness issues, that might be getting in your way. It is very simple to solve, but you still might need some prayer or even quality Christian Counselling. Never-the-Less, it is written that all those who seek find!! So if you are indeed seeking Him, He will take some action as needed to make sure that "all those who seek find!"

That is enough for right now. So if anyone is not hearing from Him "Today", let's start doing that, right?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible used properly is like the brass serpent on the pole prepared by Moses following God's lead.

The Bible can, however, also be improperly used as that same brass serpent was a few hundred years later when King Hezekiah had it destroyed because people were worshipping it. Too often people today worship the Bible itself to the point apparently excluding God and the Living Word leaving them on the outside. Outside of what?

If everyone understood the Word of God precisely would there be so many conflicting denominations basing their ways on the same Bibles?

"His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God." Rev 19:12-13

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Reader,

Have you noticed that false bible teachers are like politicians?
They love to hear themselves talk.....
They state the issue, but can't explain the solution, because they have no real Light.
They can cut and paste verses, but can't reveal any of them.
They are "noise" pretending to be "spirit". They are "clouds without rain".
And so it always is with false teachers....
They can state the idea, but can't teach the method. They can show you what is wrong, but can't teach you how to make it right.
They can argue but can't teach., they can only pretend to know.

Are you a teacher?

Really?

Then here is your proof that you can give it a shot.

Explain why '"" the Blood of Jesus that saved you as BORN AGAIN, keeps you saved, no matter how you behave later".

You dont believe that?
Then you are not saved yet, or you are.......but you are fallen from Grace.
In both cases you should not be opening your mouth, pretending to be a NT Teacher, and God forbid you preach in a Church or teach a Sunday School Class.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible used properly is like the brass serpent on the pole prepared by Moses following God's lead.

The Bible can, however, also be improperly used as that same brass serpent was a few hundred years later when King Hezekiah had it destroyed because people were worshipping it. Too often people today worship the Bible itself to the point apparently excluding God and the Living Word leaving them on the outside. Outside of what?

If everyone understood the Word of God precisely would there be so many conflicting denominations basing their ways on the same Bibles?

"His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God." Rev 19:12-13

YES :)

Reactions: amadeus

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain why '"" the Blood of Jesus that saved you as BORN AGAIN, keeps you saved, no matter how you behave later".

Jesus means - God's Salvation - So "the Blood of Jesus" is not what saves you but rather Jesus Himself is the Saviour.

Did He come to earth and go to the cross, and shed His blood? Yes He did. But He did that, not His blood. People really need to actually get t know Him!! That means talking back and forth with Him. It means spending time with Him, like you might spend time with other people you get to know, except God is spirit. So you talk to Him through His Holy Spirit via your spirit! So it is that the Word of God we preach is found in our heart and sometimes in our mouth, because what is on the heart comes out the mouth.

So a person might say "What is Jesus Christ", because they don't know Him as a person who speaks back and forth to them.
And a person might think that His blood saved us, because they don't know the of the Christ who we call "Jesus" - God's salvation.

So it was that Jesus explained to Nicodemus that we hear the wound of the wind (the Holy Spirit) and testify about what we have seen, but you don't except our testimony.

Jn 3:8 “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Jn 3:11 “Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

So it is that in the OP I explain what I have heard and testify about what I have seen, but some can except that the Lord Jesus (our savior) the Christ actually does speak to us. And I have seen things like if I practice hearing from Him then I get better at hearing Him in words that He has for me, personally.

I pass this information along because I love to hear Him talk to me, and I am convinced that if people do listen to Him they would love to hear Him talk to them also. Which is to say that I testify about Him. Yet someone who doesn't except my testimony might thing I love to hear myself talk. That just means they fulfill what the Lord said about "you do not accept our testimony".

PS... I not only passed this information in the OP along because I love to hear Him talk to me (which of course is did and do love to hear Him talk to me), but that morning when I woke, He asked me to specifically start a thread on the topic of hearing Him. Of course, if a person doesn't accept my testimony, they won't be able to accept or understand that either, wil they?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now perhaps there is something that should be covered in a thread titled, "About hearing, and the Word of God" And that is how we are responsible for killing "The Word of God" - Jesus Christ!!

Spiritually speaking, if you want to kill someone you decide that you don't want them to exist, so you refuse to listen to them and pretend they are "dead" to you!!

Sadly, that is how all humanity have treated Jesus Christ - the Word of God!!! God is omni-present, and Jesus Christ - the Word of God is God!

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Christ, whose name is called "The Word of God" has been around from the beginning. It was through Him - who has the words of God - that all things came into being, including men and women. But starting with Adam and Eve, all people have at times treated Jesus Christ, as if He was not around. We killed Him spiritually speaking!! And what happens in the spiritual is going to wind up happening in the physical. God made the heavens, then the earth. So, things that we do with our spirit tend to come about in the physical also. So it was, spiritually speaking, that Adam and Eve decided to not listen to and follow "The Word of God" (Jesus Christ) was back in the garden. And it has been happening ever since. WE KILLED HIM - YOU AND I DID, JUST AS MUCH AS ADAM AND EVE DID!!

When you heard that Jesus Christ died for us - that is sooo very true!! And not just that He die for us, but also that He died because of us!! We too often just treat Him like He is not around - which is to say we treat Him as if spiritually speaking He is dead!! So spiritually speaking, we kill Him by stubbornly refusing to seek Him and then treat Him as if an omni-present God is not going to talk to us.

Again - WE KILLED HIM - just as much as every other man and women has. And you can be sure that if you are unwilling to seek Him "Today" you have proven that you are just as responsible as all before you! Thank God (Jesus Christ) that He decided to come to earth and take all that on Himself, then forgive us.

Knowing that, shouldn't we stop that rebellious action and start trying, as we can, to seek Him and what He has to say to us??