attacking another denomination are included in this rule.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that is fact....you are not going to find Yahweh in your Bible either. And there is a reason for that to.

OK, how about this, Christ was actually a time traveling UFO pilot and He loaded up His saucer with bags of "J'" in the 1500's and went back to the biblical era to deliver them so the writers of the Bible could use them.

As the English say, You are boring me now!
I just see "God" and "Jesus" in my Bible.

No newfangled redefinitions for me.

Try it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What else does this mean to you preterists?...

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.

9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

...is it a metaphor for "walking in the light"?

This never actually happened?

Was it a parable?

I did not say that event was a parable or a metaphor. That was was light that shined around Paul....put does not say anymore than that. During that event Yeshua was not discussing Himself or US being the light. Apples and oranges.

Like I said, you are boring me now.
Talk silly to someone else, I do not have the patience for it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not say that event was a parable or a metaphor. That was was light that shined around Paul....put does not say anymore than that. During that event Yeshua was not discussing Himself or US being the light. Apples and oranges.

Like I said, you are boring me now.
Talk silly to someone else, I do not have the patience for it.
If you are knocked off your horse by a light brighter than the sun and get up blind...the light blinded you....

11 And when I could not see for the glory of that light, ....(because of).

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are knocked off your horse by a light brighter than the sun and get up blind...the light blinded you....

If the scriptures say he was knocked off his horse by a light brighter than the sun....then we can talk about.

You are just too silly. I am about to put you on ignore. So lets stop the conversation.

Reactions: Truther

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
ok love, I better give you an idea of what I'm talking about to begin with. Where do you find statues and candles involved with the early church? Where do you find confessionals? Where do you find things called "sacraments"? Where do you find people being addressed with titles and wearing special robes? Where do you find special consecrated buildings for worshiping in? Where do you even find a thing called "church services"? And where do you find seminaries? The answer is you don't find them in the bible... none of these things were part of what the early church did. And that's just to get you or anyone started.

Jesus said simply, "wherever two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Paul wrote simply, "when you come together, every one of you hath....(spiritual gifts to contribute)." There isn't such a thing as "services" and "liturgies"...we are to simply gather in His name, come together in His name. Jesus said His yoke is easy and His burden is light....the new way of the Spirit is a way of simplicity, it was/is such a radical departure from the old way of the law and temple worship.... yet man has added many onerous and complicated additions to Jesus' yoke. The Catholic church in particular emulates many old covenant practices of temple worship. Selah.
@Lizbeth Good to stick to the simplicity of Acts 2.42 activities, right?

Reactions: Lizbeth

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you find makes them superior to other versions? If that's the right way to phrase my question.

Long topic here....the short of it.
How important are the details? Do all the details save you? Only one name can be called upon for salvation? No. Knowing the names of God the Father and God the Son will not save us. The details.....is there going to be quiz on Judgment Day? I don't think so. Some say that the details are what fractured Christ's church because people could not agree on them.

Should the Bible have the names of God the Father and God the Son in it? I think so. Do God the Father and God the Son deserve to have their names in the Bible? I think so. Are Their names important? I think so. Is there power in their names? I think so.

Either way my ministry is about truth and accuracy. So it is my mission.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Long topic here....the short of it.
How important are the details? Do all the details save you? Only one name can be called upon for salvation? No. Knowing the names of God the Father and God the Son will not save us. The details.....is there going to be quiz on Judgment Day? I don't think so. Some say that the details are what fractured Christ's church because people could not agree on them.

Should the Bible have the names of God the Father and God the Son in it? I think so. Do God the Father and God the Son deserve to have their names in the Bible? I think so. Are Their names important? I think so. Is there power in their names? I think so.

Either way my ministry is about truth and accuracy. So it is my mission.
I'll take a look. Thanks.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The world and everyone in it is fast approaching that time in its history when it will have to make the ultimate choice. All will have to make up their minds as to what profession they will live by...
I have no other king but Caesar....or....I have no other King but Jesus. In making that decision for Caesar, the Jews of Jesus' day declared their Creator's death warrant.
There is no reason to put that decision off to another day...that other day may not come, and there really is no neutral position. By not deciding positively for Jesus, you are choosing Caesar. By choosing Caesar, you are denying Jesus. By choosing Jesus, you truly have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a particular denomination or denominations are intimately involved in prophetic events that spell trouble for those remaining faithful to the gospel and God's calling on their lives, but we cannot expose them as the danger and hypocrites that they are, even deceived of Satan and we being limited in warning others of those dangers, what are we to do?
How would y'all suggest we go about exposing deception in favor of truth without being described as 'attacking'?
Go non-denominational like me. Be an equal opportunity offender or peacemaker of the truth, and give 'em all the same the same treatment, good or bad. No worries mate. Works for me....:vgood: