attacking another denomination are included in this rule.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have felt the "hand of God".

It is energy touching me.

Not fingers and fingernails.

God is whatever He wants to be and no human can define Him. He walked with Adam in the garden, He was a fiery tornado in the desert with the Israelites. In the Old Testament He likened Himself as a eagle. It is not beyond God's ability to manifest as a man and walk the earth.

Is God everywhere in the universe? Is His awareness everywhere? A little over ten years ago science discovered something called intelligent sub-atomic particles....is His awareness down to the size of an atom. Probably.

But I do find some humor with this concept. In Sunday School the preacher was talking about God being everywhere and a little girl asked if He was up her skirt....except she did not say skirt.

So then the question is....will we have fingers in Heaven. Will we have mouths to eat at the banquet table in Heaven. Or will we be spirits with no form? What do you think?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My emphasis was to point out that Jesus was there in the

Yes as I presented the scriptures to back up what I was saying. I don't understand what you are debating.
I am simply saying that the theme of the NT was actually, originally, "God in Jesus".

Modern folks teach "God became Jesus" or "Spirit became flesh".

AKA...God AS Jesus.

The RCC taught this via "incarnation".

Instead of "God with us" per God inside Jesus, as Jesus declared in John 14 etc., the reformed RCC teaching taught "Spirit in it's flesh".

Let me give you an example....

Bible...Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works

Trinity...Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me(AKA The 1st person dwells in the 2nd person's flesh as the 2nd person speaks through his flesh), he doeth the works

Oneness...Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me(The Father dwells in the flesh of Himself), he doeth the works

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But He was not human until His incarnation. So there is no need to create confusion. The eternal and only begotten Son of God is indeed the Creator, who became our Savior through His incarnation. God was manifest in the flesh (1 Tim 3:16).
You really don't believe God transcends time, nor could God know his human son before the world was made?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You really don't believe God transcends time, nor could God know his human son before the world was made?
Of course God transcends time, but that is not even the issue. Christ is not "the human son" but the "only begotten Son of God" (this has been omitted by the modern versions).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is whatever He wants to be and no human can define Him. He walked with Adam in the garden, He was a fiery tornado in the desert with the Israelites. In the Old Testament He likened Himself as a eagle. It is not beyond God's ability to manifest as a man and walk the earth.

Is God everywhere in the universe? Is His awareness everywhere? A little over ten years ago science discovered something called intelligent sub-atomic particles....is His awareness down to the size of an atom. Probably.

But I do find some humor with this concept. In Sunday School the preacher was talking about God being everywhere and a little girl asked if He was up her skirt....except she did not say skirt.

So then the question is....will we have fingers in Heaven. Will we have mouths to eat at the banquet table in Heaven. Or will we be spirits with no form? What do you think?
We will be like Jesus immediately after he resurrected in bodily form for 40 days.

That manifestation of his earthly body will be our template.

Thing many don't realize is that Jesus is omnipresent light that can be everywhere at the same time, dwell in millions as the Holy Ghost and still appear in a small body or some different form as per Rev 1.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course God transcends time, but that is not even the issue. Christ is not "the human son" but the "only begotten Son of God" (this has been omitted by the modern versions).
Begotten is human, temporal etc.

Begotten son and eternal son are exact opposite in meaning.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's just never ending reasonings of man when it comes to catholic doctrine. The carnal mind is ENMITY with God, which is why it constantly perverts the truth.
Ah, and just when I thought we could have a reasonable discussion, you decide to go for calumny and smear tactics.. How sad.

You might want to check out the roots of first century rabbinic Judaism my friend. Babylon. And it sadly receive it's due penalty in 70 AD. But that spirit sought and found another vessel to carry on with, as spirits tend to do.

?? I thought we were about to discuss how the Church, which in Christ is the fulfullment of the Old Covenant promises, was influenced by the (proper!) Worship of God in the temple in Jerusalem, why drag in rabbinical Judaism?

Certainly the Church was founded in and through Israelites who accepted Jesus as Messiah, and unsurprisingly, we find forms and symbols that were used by them, reordered to Chist under the New Covenant and used in the celebration of it's pure sacrifice.

For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.

Nothing but the offering of the Eucharist can possibly fulfill this.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Pax et Bonum

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will be like Jesus immediately after he resurrected in bodily form for 40 days.

That manifestation of his earthly body will be our template.

Thing many don't realize is that Jesus is omnipresent light that can be everywhere at the same time, dwell in millions as the Holy Ghost and still appear in a small body or some different form as per Rev 1.

I cannot make sense out of your statement....do you want to re-phrase?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Begotten son and eternal son are exact opposite in meaning.
This statement shows that you have no clue about this important subject. So either you should ask for help to understand these things, or you should stop posting things which contradict Scripture.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot make sense out of your statement....do you want to re-phrase?
Our new body will be like the body that Jesus appeared in at his resurrection and continuation on earth for 40 days.

However, Jesus' body is actually, in reality, a "quickening spirit", and "omnipresent light".

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This statement shows that you have no clue about this important subject. So either you should ask for help to understand these things, or you should stop posting things which contradict Scripture.
be·get
/bəˈɡet/
Learn to pronounce

verb
LITERARY
  1. 1.
    (typically of a man, sometimes of a man and a woman) bring (a child) into existence by the process of reproduction.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our new body will be like the body that Jesus appeared in at his resurrection and continuation on earth for 40 days.

However, Jesus' body is actually, in reality, a "quickening spirit", and "omnipresent light".

I like the term quickening spirit but it is not well defined in the scriptures so people make different things of it.

Omnipresent light is not a biblical phrase so I do not give it much mind.

So you say that Our new body will be like the body that Jesus appeared in at his resurrection and continuation on earth for 40 days.

So what is your description of Yeshua's body at the resurrection and scripture please about our bodies and the 40 days.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the term quickening spirit but it is not well defined in the scriptures so people make different things of it.

Omnipresent light is not a biblical phrase so I do not give it much mind.

So you say that Our new body will be like the body that Jesus appeared in at his resurrection and continuation on earth for 40 days.

So what is your description of Yeshua's body at the resurrection and scripture please about our bodies and the 40 days.
Not sure who Yeshua is.

As far as our new body is concerned...

35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body....

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly....

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed....

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality....

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is...

We will be like his visible, resurrected self during the Millennial reign.

We will be made into a new, incorruptible BODY.(not incorruptible spirit).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is Jesus seen as omnipresent light....

...there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus ...

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

God lights the city and new heaven/earth THROUGH Jesus, like a power source uses a bulb. Jesus himself is the light of God.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure who Yeshua is.

LOL Laughing big belly roll!

As far as our new body is concerned...

35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body....

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly....

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed....

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality....

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is...

We will be like his visible, resurrected self during the Millennial reign.

We will be made into a new, incorruptible BODY.(not incorruptible spirit).

I know the scriptures...what are you trying to say it means?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is Jesus seen as omnipresent light....

...there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus ...

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

God lights the city and new heaven/earth THROUGH Jesus, like a power source uses a bulb. Jesus himself is the light of God.

Yeshua is the light.....but it is a metaphor....the Way....the light....the beacon....

19 Bible verses about The Light Of Christ

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL Laughing big belly roll!

I know the scriptures...what are you trying to say it means?
It means we will be able to eat and drink in our new bodies...even in heaven.

Think of a redo of the garden of Eden without the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in it this time.

We get that transformed body 1000 years prior to the end of the world, which bodies are permanent.

We don't get retransformed again for heaven.

As far as Yeshua?

Not in my Bible.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, a metaphore did not blind Paul's eyes.

Jesus did, via his light brighter than the sun.

Same light you see in heaven at Rev 21.

Don't be a preterist.

You got a lot stuff going on there.

I understand light but if you look at the scripture on that site I sent you it is about a theological metaphor.

As far as Yeshua and Yahweh....take your study a little deeper and a little broader....have fun.