attacking another denomination are included in this rule.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If a particular denomination or denominations are intimately involved in prophetic events that spell trouble for those remaining faithful to the gospel and God's calling on their lives, but we cannot expose them as the danger and hypocrites that they are, even deceived of Satan and we being limited in warning others of those dangers, what are we to do?
How would y'all suggest we go about exposing deception in favor of truth without being described as 'attacking'?

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a particular denomination or denominations are intimately involved in prophetic events that spell trouble for those remaining faithful to the gospel and God's calling on their lives, but we cannot expose them as the danger and hypocrites that they are, even deceived of Satan and we being limited in warning others of those dangers, what are we to do?
How would y'all suggest we go about exposing deception in favor of truth without being described as 'attacking'?
Let God deal with it, let them be, the site doesn't want it and they are the owners so.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here's how you could go about this:

1. Provide a direct quote with a verifiable source (website). People can go to the source and see the error.

2. Show from direct Scripture quotes + exposition how false that teaching is.

3. Add this to the bottom of your post: BEWARE OF FALSE TEACHERS AND FALSE PROPHETS (quoting the Scripture verses for these warnings).

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
:pensive: not everyone should take the path of a master
James 3:1-2 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
James 4:11-12 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

No more owls?
Then i looked closer... Oh what there is an owl on the dogs head...
:Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud:
I love it

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply follow Christ . DID HE ever worry about what folks would call him . No . He simply spoke the truth .
LORD , dont you know this saying Offended them . Leave them be , said JESUS , they are blind leaders of the blind .
Every plant that MY FATHER has not planted shall be rooted up .
Worry not about what men shall say , JUST be quick to always correct the error and expose the dangers of any false doctrine .
Marvel not if the world hates you .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
:pensive: not everyone should take the path of a master
James 3:1-2 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
James 4:11-12 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?
Has not God Himself given us all the criteria necessary to accurately identify the Antichrist, a system of counterfeit Christianity, for the very purpose that we should fully understand, appreciate, and be warned not to join ourselves to her?
That is judging yes...I mean, we make judgements every day to save lives when driving, whether our own or others, don't we? Ought we not do even more so when our eternal lives are at stake?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a key tool being used . Any time folks dont like correction they accuse the correctors as
being hateful , or judgmental , as attacking and non loving . We must simply speak truth and always be fast to correct
any sin and any false teachings .
Truth is we need to take a closer look at what GOD was telling a church in revelation .
I am gonna make one word BIG so that it sticks out .
Never the less i have this against you , you ALLOW .
They would not warn the peoples against her , they simply allowed her to teach and to seduce the people .
YE allow , ALLOW that woman jezebel to teach and to seduce my people ........
YEAH, Let us not fall into the camp that ALLOWS false teachers to teach and to seduce . EXPOSE the falsehoods
expose those who teach falsehoods . THIS we are one UNITY LOVEY LOVEY has truly destroyed many a church
from within and very fast too . Expose the false instiutions , expose all false doctrine and expose any sin
within the church .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has not God Himself given us all the criteria necessary to accurately identify the Antichrist, a system of counterfeit Christianity, for the very purpose that we should fully understand, appreciate, and be warned not to join ourselves to her?
That is judging yes...I mean, we make judgements every day to save lives, whether our own or others, don't we? Ought we not do even more so when out eternal lives are at stake?
Do ye notJUDGE those that are within , GOD judges those that are without , THEREFORE PUT that man OUT of the church .
OH yes we are to judge those within the church . OH yes we are to expose any false doctrine as well as false teachers .
Paul named names my friend . HE did so to keep the peoples safe from such men .
We must learn our bibles well , cause most all churches are NOT GONNA teach n preach the WHOLE PATTERN any more .
WE must look out for the peoples . Cause most leaders within most churches NO LONGER DO .
And that brings me no joy to have to say that , BUT IT IS TRUE . TIME to learn CHRIST , TIME to learn those bibles .
Too many are being led by sensual emotions and NOT THE TRUTH .

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The problem is that everyone believes they have the truth, whether they do or don't. When you go to the scripture there are so many different interpretations of that scripture that arguing is inevitable.

In this setting being rather than face to face, it can get hot and fierce.

I like the old saying, if you can't handle the heat when the burners get turned up, then you don't need to be in the kitchen, go sit on the porch.

Those who scream "attack" can't defend themselves with the Scripture, it's as simple as that to me!

They need to learn from Scripture what they believe, know where it's at, and defend themselves, stop being a child!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
YE allow , ALLOW that woman jezebel
My pastor asked me to preach on the subject of Pergamos... The letter... About 2 months back. You have basically hit the nail squarely on the head. The church at Pergamos had the same issue... They tolerated those in their midst to teach lies and false doctrine.
KJV Revelation 2:13-16
13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
Jesus is telling the church to repent because of their tolerance!! Or else I will come unto thee and will fight against them... There is a price to be paid for not being watchmen. But, and it's a big but, we need to make sure we aren't looking past our own flaws and ignoring them. The Laodiceans were counseled to use the very eye salve their city was famous for because they were blind to their own wretchedness.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do ye notJUDGE those that are within , GOD judges those that are without , THEREFORE PUT that man OUT of the church .
KJV Isaiah 58:1
1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins .
We are not to go to the world and accuse the world of their sin and unrighteousness except we be specifically sent as was Jonah to Nineveh. But we are surely called to point out the hypocrisy and warn those who profess to be Christians, because Christians are called to a higher ground. The damage we do when behaving as the world behaves is incalculable. Not once did Jesus ever condemn anyone who knew no better. But those who called themselves rabbi, the scribes, the religious elite... They were the ones everyone looked up to. They were they ones everyone listened to. Hence, do as they say, but not as they do.
There are entire denominations who have dropped the ball. That have taken upon themselves to demonstrate that they are 'inclusive' and 'loving' by accepting the world's standards when it comes to morality and human relations and sexuality.
There are denominations who have signed agreements that suggest that Rome has changed her spots, is no longer the same institution she was in the dark ages, and protesting is now unwarranted and unkind. Such agreements suggest that Rome now accepts the protestant teachings on salvation... Justification by faith... Grace by faith alone etc etc. Is that true? Are we not to discuss these issues now because it might be construed as 'attacking' these denominations because we don't agree with them? Is this a new brand of what constitutes tolerance? We now back off from discussing hard issues because people get offended?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Share…

If person doesn’t agree,

Love. Love them for how they are, even if their beliefs object to your own
When calling them snakes and vipers... Was Jesus loving the Pharisees for how they are? Or was He loving them for how they could be... How He wanted them to be according to His will and purposes for them, if they repented. And many did later at hearing the testimony of the Spirit filled apostles after Pentecost. But I strongly disagree that Jesus loved them for how they were. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You create a thread topic that doesn't give attention to just one specific denomination.
Example...instead of saying "The Catholic Doctrine is full of lies from Satan"
You say "There are denominations in the world today filled with lies from Satan".
The prior title targets only 1 denomination....and members are led to discus that 1 denomination.
But you and I both know there are many denominations that have steered away from the truth...am I right?
So why would you just want to pick on a specific one? What about all the others?
Do you only want to expose lies of one denomination and let the others be left alone?
But here is the main problem....the member whose denomination you target gets offended replies back with anger or sarcasm...eventually the hateful words are flying back and forth from both sides until a moderator steps in to stop the thread from going any further.
You want free speech....great....so do I...but use it wisely. The only limit on it is when it breaks the rules of the forum.
Now I know you are SDA...right? There have been a few SDA threads started but nothing like what Catholic threads have been. You immediately came in to defend your faith against those bashing it...and what was the conclusion?
The purpose of a thread is important but rather than attacking a specific denomination why can't you just discuss the problem specifically...such as, biblical truth is harder to find in churches today....

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here's how you could go about this:

1. Provide a direct quote with a verifiable source (website). People can go to the source and see the error.

2. Show from direct Scripture quotes + exposition how false that teaching is.

3. Add this to the bottom of your post: BEWARE OF FALSE TEACHERS AND FALSE PROPHETS (quoting the Scripture verses for these warnings).
This is done by many of us, and the response is often, "you hate us... You are anti-^€ππ^¶... You are filled with hate and lies", without actually dealing with the issues raised. Not that I care that anyone is calling me names and denigrating my character, I can live with that. But it is painful that false doctrine and historical wickedness due to be repeated according to the prophetic narrative, is now under a cloud that it can't be discussed because it may be considered as an attack.
I know that rule had been there for a while, and I understand the permutations and limitations and wisdom one must use in speaking truth, but now H2S has cited the rule in order to shut down a discussion, it concerns me how far, after years of comparative freedom, such restrictions may now impede the flow of free thought and expression. It's difficult enough as it is with some, as I mentioned above, I don't want to be found at odds with the mods as well.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When calling them snakes and vipers... Was Jesus loving the Pharisees for how they are? Or was He loving them for how they could be... How He wanted them to be according to His will and purposes for them, if they repented. And many did later at hearing the testimony of the Spirit filled apostles after Pentecost. But I strongly disagree that Jesus loved them for how they were. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Paul wasn't exactly showing love either when he called the Galatians fools and told them they had fallen from grace.

False doctrine is to met head on, I agree we should show compassion, but firmly make that false doctrine known from Scripture.

Speaking for myself, I don't have the platform to address the leaders of denominations in the proper way, but I can address the individuals of these denominations as I meet them.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Specifically discuss a biblical truth that is being twisted by false teachers/doctrines.
Example...Jesus taught us to pray to the Father but there are churches who believe it is OK to pray and ask other saints of the Bible to hear their prayer..... Now there is no specified denomination in my statement. And includes all churches that teach this.