• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can one break and know the burden of sin, if one denies one is a sinner, or that sin is a problem. And if one has no conscience or sense of how the light of Jesus is more precious than gold, why would one ever go to Him for healing and transformation, as both are not even recognised.

Yes, it took a sin that grabbed hold of me and wouldn't let go that made me realize I couldn't overcome this on my own. That is when I knew I needed to be supernaturally cleansed and I turned to Jesus to do it for me. That was February 9, 1977. I then had a supernatural religious experience of being filled to overflowing with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, and that bondage was gone immediately. Nothing of myself.

Thank you for the "good soil" comment. You may be right. I always wondered about that.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Question: Did you ever repent?

You didn't post that question as a QUOTE.
She didn't ask me if i "ever" repented, she asked me if i repented at all.

So, i understood this question , like this...

"since you were saved, did you ever repent".
See, our discussion is "sinning and repenting", since being saved.
Not to BE born again...which is a different situation.

If she is asking me....>"but what about when you were originally born again, didnt you repent then"..

So, sure.
But not since.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: Did you ever repent?

The answer to the question: Did you ever repent? Never
This is pretty clear. Never means as long as one has existed.
Now if one meant, I have never repented since I came to Christ, you actually have to write that for it to be understood.

I have known people to say things in their heads with this context, but not writing it down, so what is read, without the context, means something else. It then can end up one person sincerely believing the other is lying about them, while literally lying in the words they are writing, because it is only part of what they mean.

When this happens, the discussion has failed because what is written is not what is meant, so the reader stands no chance.
Funnily I have seen this happen when the same words in someones mind meant two different things, and the other party thought they were contradicting themselves, when with the context they were not. It takes real discipline to stop this happening, and grace and love in Christ to bare with one another. God bless you

His response is a lie. Here is what I said.

Did you ever repent at all?
His response was #35. "Never!"

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

His response was #35.

Are we talking about sinning and confessing in all my Threads, or are we talking about becoming born again?
So, the CONTEXT of your question, on my THREAD, that is related to the born again who repent and confess.....is why i gave you the answer you got.
You did not ask me....>"but when you were saved, didn't you repent THEN?

No, you were talking to me, about sinning and repenting, as a CHRISTIAN, as this is all we have talked about for 2 weeks.
So, as a CHRISTIAN,....... you asked me...."did you ever repent at ALL ?... = Since you were saved..
If that is not what you meant...then be more careful with your questions..
Ask it like this...."when you were born again, didnt you REPENT "?
And then, i would say YES.
But if you asked me, in the context of all our discussion, about believers who repent...
I do not., as i said.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

His response was #35.

I had an interaction with a guy who refused to admit what they wrote, even one post above the one they responded to. It was an emotional denial of what was going on, because the delusion mattered more. It is why repentance and confession are so important, to humble oneself and admit the harm done to others and oneself by sin, and how we depend on Jesus and the cross for forgiveness and cleansing.

But it seems once this has set in, nothing will shift them, because each time they literally do not see the words or hear the intent, because they would have to change, which is too big a shift for them to take. It is called cognitive dissonance and it works because our emotional stability matters more than anything else so we deceive ourselves to maintain this stability. When I realised I actually deceived myself, I was amazed. Surely I could trust myself, but the reality is no, unless we are prepared to face our worst enemy and love them. It is ironic that the sign we are alive in Christ is to know the power of our failure and failings. And our enemies stay our enemies because they do not see this truth, and can never come to empathise and feel as we feel, because they are too scared they would get lost, and possibly change. There is so much power in the truth, because there is nothing that surprises you, it is all expected. God bless you

Reactions: CharismaticLady

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

His response was #35.

And here is my Response #65.

""""Being born again, is to be "in Christ".
The "repentance" that leads to receiving the "gift of Righteousness", happens once, and you are BORN AGAIN.
This is the repentance that leads to salvation , you do this once...= Born again.
You dont do this over and over., you do it once, .. God receives your Faith once, He Gives you His Righteousness once... = born again.""""

So, as you see, there is an initial repentance that happens when you turn from unbelief to Faith in Christ.
Its what i said.
However, this is not what i continue to do, as there is no need. God has already given me His Righteousness.
I can't "repent' an make myself any more righteous...
So, i dont. I instead accept that God's righteousness has become my own.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had an interaction with a guy who refused to admit what they wrote, even one post above the one they responded to. It was an emotional denial of what was going on, because the delusion mattered more. It is why repentance and confession are so important, to humble oneself and admit the harm done to others and oneself by sin, and how we depend on Jesus and the cross for forgiveness and cleansing.

But it seems once this has set in, nothing will shift them, because each time they literally do not see the words or hear the intent, because they would have to change, which is too big a shift for them to take. It is called cognitive dissonance and it works because our emotional stability matters more than anything else so we deceive ourselves to maintain this stability. When I realised I actually deceived myself, I was amazed. Surely I could trust myself, but the reality is no, unless we are prepared to face our worst enemy and love them. It is ironic that the sign we are alive in Christ is to know the power of our failure and failings. And our enemies stay our enemies because they do not see this truth, and can never come to empathise and feel as we feel, because they are too scared they would get lost, and possibly change. There is so much power in the truth, because there is nothing that surprises you, it is all expected. God bless you

I understand what you are saying, and to stop the frustration of trying to show them the truth they can't comprehend, you just have to leave them to God. I just want to protect young itching ears from believing a lie.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I had an interaction with a guy who refused to admit what they wrote, even one post above the one they responded to. It was an emotional denial of what was going on, because the delusion mattered more. It is why repentance and confession are so important, to humble oneself and admit the harm done to others and oneself by sin,

You should write a long post related to being accused of being a "gnostic" to a person who has committed this deed, and never used a gnostic example.
Instead they just lied by innuendo.
Now they are running from it can't face their lying deed, trying to shift the conversation to questions that were vague.
Typical of a liar.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And here is my Response #65.

""""Being born again, is to be "in Christ".
The "repentance" that leads to receiving the "gift of Righteousness", happens once, and you are BORN AGAIN.
This is the repentance that leads to salvation , you do this once...= Born again.
You dont do this over and over., you do it once, .. God receives your Faith once, He Gives you His Righteousness once... = born again.""""

So, as you see, there is an initial repentance that happens when you turn from unbelief to Faith in Christ.
Its what i said.
However, this is not what i continue to do, as there is no need. God has already given me His Righteousness.
I can't "repent' an make myself any more righteous...
So, i dont. I instead accept that God's righteousness has become my own.

Yes, a total contradiction of #35 that you won't even admit to.

Bye.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the law written on our heart is not the Ten Commandments, but what the 10C were based on, but they, in themselves, could not make anyone righteous. The eternal law of God is what the laws of Jesus are based on and fulfill, making us righteous.

The eternal law of God is LOVE God with all your heart, soul and body, and LOVE your neighbor as yourself. In the Ten commandments you could hate and be unrighteous, just not let it get to murder and think you are righteous, but are far from it. You could lust and be unrighteous, but not let it get to adultery and pride yourself that you didn't break a commandment, and think you are righteous, but are far from it. So you could keep the Ten Commandments, but break the laws of the New Covenant. But those who keep the New Covenant laws, not only could never be guilty of breaking a commandment of the Old Covenant, but go all the way to righteousness.

The New Covenant commandments are 1 John 3:23-24

The law that is written on the heart and mind of the believer (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4) is in fact the law as it has been changed (Hebrews 7:12) so that it is according to the spirit rather than the letter (Romans 7:6, 2 Corinthians 3:6).

This law is love (Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 8:4).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sadly you are saying sin and Jesus are compatible. This is the opposite of Jesus and His message.
He is saying nothing of the sort, Christ died for sin once, it is finished He is not ever getting up on that cross again ever, Jesus has done all the work He needed to do, you cannot add anything to it, it is complete, If you are in Him, than you are saved, over and done with, as He put it

Have faith in God.

Any man who thinks he is now perfect because he is saved is a fool. As for repentance do you even understand what it means??

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, a total contradiction of #35 that you won't even admit to.

Bye.

I told you the facts.
You and I are, for weeks, talking about Christians who define themselves as sinners.
You are on 15 of my Threads or more, debating this topic.
So, your question, "did you ever repent", ...I read it, as "since you say you dont sin, did you ever repent".
Thats the reality.
My answer, was in context to 2 weeks of discussions, where i have stated many times that im in Christ and there is no sin there, and i dont repent.
So, had you asked me....."behold, what about when you were saved"... "did you repent".
But you didnt put that context on the question. You posted it in a Thread where we are discussing sinning Saints...
So, i answered it, according to the way i understood that you meant it.
Dont believe me? Not a problem.

Now post some of your "gnostic study" that you say is my Theology.
Still waiting.....

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Any man who thinks he is now perfect because he is saved is a fool. As for repentance do you even understand what it means??

Perfect in what way, mjrhealth?

Is the Righteousness of God, perfect, or is it imperfect?
What?
If we have it, .. if the born again, ARE the Righteousness of God......then how perfect is that? ??
How perfect does Perfect Righteousness make us, when we HAVE IT FOR ALL ETERNITY, mjrhealth???

So, here is the misunderstanding about "perfection"....

God sees the born again, as "RIGHTEOUS">..from the moment they become so, when they are first born again.
He never sees us, as anything else...
God sees us as IN CHRIST, = done.

But then...... we, the human, the people, are told something... else in that NT...
And while understanding that we are BECOME as Righteous as God Himself, "the righteousness of God in Christ", we then have to DO this..
"work out your salvation, with awe and wonder"..
But notice,.....we are to "work out"...
This means....>"what you have received, LEARN HOW TO DO IT RIGHT"..
NOT LEARN HOW TO KEEP IT.
"working out your salvation" means......You have it..God gave it to you as a GIFT....>>now learn how to exist in it, correctly.
Learn to live out, what is already THERE, as Completed Salvation.
See that?

Well, The heretic, can't see this at all..
they read the verse this way...>"try to keep yourself SAVED, now that God has already saved you".
"keep yourself saved by SELF EFFORT= is how you work out your salvation".

Do you See that mind of the Heretic?
See that SELF SAVING mentality ???, its self righteous.... it a "Me im doing it" mentality that is not related to God's Grace at all.
That mind is IN most believers, and until they get out of that mind of the flesh, they will not be able to SEE God's Grace as everlasting, eternal, and never will it stop keeping them in God's family.
The heretic can never understand or believe that God Himself bled on a Cross to purchase a person with that Blood He shed for them.
The Heretic does not understand that they are OWNED for Eternity, as well as adopted and justified.
You can't stop being saved. You can't end what you didnt cause.
You can never be un-born again.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any man who thinks he is now perfect because he is saved is a fool.

1Th 5:23, And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:24, Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Heb 10:10, By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Heb 10:14, For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

1Jo 3:9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 2:17, And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1Jo 3:6, Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1Jo 3:7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

1Jo 3:3, And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1Jo 2:6, He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perfect in what way, mjrhealth?

Is the Righteousness of God, perfect, or is it imperfect?
What?
If we have it, .. if the born again, ARE the Righteousness of God......then how perfect is that? ??
How perfect does Perfect Righteousness make us, when we HAVE IT FOR ALL ETERNITY, mjrhealth???

So, here is the misunderstanding about "perfection"....

God sees the born again, as "RIGHTEOUS">..from the moment they become so, when they are first born again.
He never sees us, as anything else...
God sees us as IN CHRIST, = done.

But then...... we, the human, the people, are told something... else in that NT...
And while understanding that we are BECOME as Righteous as God Himself, "the righteousness of God in Christ", we then have to DO this..
"work out your salvation, with awe and wonder"..
But notice,.....we are to "work out"...
This means....>"what you have received, LEARN HOW TO DO IT RIGHT"..
NOT LEARN HOW TO KEEP IT.
"working out your salvation" means......You have it..God gave it to you as a GIFT....>>now learn how to exist in it, correctly.
Learn to live out, what is already THERE, as Completed Salvation.
See that?

Well, The heretic, can't see this at all..
they read the verse this way...>"try to keep yourself SAVED, now that God has already saved you".
"keep yourself saved by SELF EFFORT= is how you work out your salvation".

Do you See that mind of the Heretic?
See that SELF SAVING mentality ???, its self righteous.... it a "Me im doing it" mentality that is not related to God's Grace at all.
That mind is IN most believers, and until they get out of that mind of the flesh, they will not be able to SEE God's Grace as everlasting, eternal, and never will it stop keeping them in God's family.
The heretic can never understand or believe that God Himself bled on a Cross to purchase a person with that Blood He shed for them.
The Heretic does not understand that they are OWNED for Eternity, as well as adopted and justified.
You can't stop being saved. You can't end what you didnt cause.
You can never be un-born again.

Look i like your posts but you do ramble on,
Christ just isnt that complicated, our flesh is not perfect and while we exist on the world we are not perfect, what we are in heaven is another story.
In this flesh we get old, we suffer pain, we hurt, we laugh, we cry, we rejoice, and we will make mistakes, and that is all covered for by what Christ did,

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1Th 5:23, And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:24, Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Heb 10:10, By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Heb 10:14, For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

1Jo 3:9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 2:17, And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1Jo 3:6, Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1Jo 3:7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

1Jo 3:3, And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1Jo 2:6, He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
You are still not perfect, do you get sick? are you growing old??

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you know the bible now go get to know Christ He will change your mind, but you did not answer the question.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He is saying nothing of the sort, Christ died for sin once, it is finished He is not ever getting up on that cross again ever, Jesus has done all the work He needed to do, you cannot add anything to it, it is complete, If you are in Him, than you are saved, over and done with, as He put it

Have faith in God.

I hear you certainty, your definitions, like they are clear cut and obvious. In our communications to date you have actually failed to define what you actually believe and how it makes sense of scripture. The more I hear from you you hold simply you are saved and Jesus has done everything.

I am becoming more convinced the problem is certainty, rather than security in Christ. Of what benefit is it to put me in my place, as if you know either my place or where to put me. The best we can do is shine Jesus from our hearts and bring His love to other peoples lives. I have faith in the cross and His work in my life. But this is not good enough for you, you want to make sure I know you have the revelation and I do not.

I wish you well, and if you listen to Jesus and follow, Amen. I have met many universalists who think sin is no longer an issue, so however one behaves, God does not care, or will judge and react. Strangely Paul says the believers in Corinth were dying because they dishonoured the breaking of bread. Now to those who truly love the Lord, this should strike them to the heart, upsetting the Lord in such a way. But too many unbelievers shout, it does not affect my salvation so it does not matter..... I just lose some rewards ..... lol. What they do not see is their hearts testify they have no care for how the Lord feels, which testifies to their unbelief and lack of faith and probably salvation.

It is like saying I love you to ones wife and then upsetting her deeply about something she cares about and it does not matter. Clearly the words are just a way of buying someone off and are not real. God is not mocked, but many will come saying Lord Lord.....

Reactions: justbyfaith