Buying and selling in the last days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t see it going that way. “Buy and sell” what?? ...

Rev. 13:16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, 17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.

You shouldn't trust your own expectations. Perhaps GOD has a different plan for mankind. -- Have you considered listing to HIM?

Luke 22:36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

"Fear" is the beginning of WISDOM. -- And it's not being AFRAID, but rather a RESPECTFUL REGARD for what GOD has for his children.

Deut. 5:29 Oh that they had such a mind as this always, to fear me and to keep all my commandments, that it might go well with them and with their children for ever!

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You use verse 35 to contradict verse 36. That's smart ... o_O

Bobby Jo
You use human logic to interpret the scriptures and call it the Word of God. Is that smart?
I really do wish you could read with understanding what I wrote... but alas, I cannot do more than what I can do.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You use human logic to interpret the scriptures and call it the Word of God. Is that smart? ...
I believe that Bill Clinton tried to redefine what the Dictionary said to suit his own distortions of the truth:

"It depends on what the meaning of "is" is."
Perhaps you should apply Luke 22:35 and Luke 22:36 to their respective contexts. -- Or just make stuff up to suit your own agenda.

You know what it says; but believe what you want it to say ...
Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that Bill Clinton tried to redefine what the Dictionary said to suit his own distortions of the truth:

"It depends on what the meaning of "is" is."
Perhaps you should apply Luke 22:35 and Luke 22:36 to their respective contexts. -- Or just make stuff up to suit your own agenda.

You know what it says; but believe what you want it to say ...
Bobby Jo
I think that we are finished here. You want to argue using man's logic, men's dictionaries and the example of a carnal man caught in his carnal problem with no thought about God's will in it.

For your own sake you need to learn what it means to surrender to God and then follow His lead in everything that you do. You lead yourself through the scriptures by means of your carnally directed mind instead of being led by the Holy Spirit.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev. 13:16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, 17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.

You shouldn't trust your own expectations. Perhaps GOD has a different plan for mankind. -- Have you considered listing to HIM?

Luke 22:36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

"Fear" is the beginning of WISDOM. -- And it's not being AFRAID, but rather a RESPECTFUL REGARD for what GOD has for his children.

Deut. 5:29 Oh that they had such a mind as this always, to fear me and to keep all my commandments, that it might go well with them and with their children for ever!

Bobby Jo
The problem is if we fear men more than God. How wise is that?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... man's logic, men's dictionaries ...

Scripture is the criteria, and it starts with dictionaries (not your imagination of what you WISH it had said); and includes LOGIC:

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord ...

But your false doctrines supersede BOTH! :)

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is if we fear men more than God. How wise is that?

2 Samuel 24:12 “Go and say to David, ‘Thus says the Lord, Three things I offere]" you; choose one of them, that I may do it to you.’” 13 So Gad came to David and told him, and said to him, “Shall three" years of famine come to you in your land? Or will you flee three months before your foes while they pursue you? Or shall there be three days’ pestilence in your land? Now consider, and decide what answer I shall return to him who sent me.” 14 Then David said to Gad, “I am in great distress; let us fall into the hand of the Lord, for his mercy is great; but let me not fall into the hand of man.”

Argue with David; and the Holocaust Jews; and with GOD:

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately corrupt;
who can understand it?

We all choose! :)
Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is the criteria, and it starts with dictionaries (not you imagination of what you WISH it had said); and includes LOGIC:

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord ...

But your false doctrines supersede BOTH! :)

Bobby Jo

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

We start with Scripture, which is revealed in it's fullness. -- We don't start by contradicting Scripture, and then hear from an "angel of light". :)

Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We start with Scripture, which is revealed in it's fullness. -- We don't start by contradicting Scripture, and then hear from an "angel of light". :)

Bobby Jo
Scripture without the Holy Ghost is dead!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture without the Holy Ghost is dead!
We start with Scripture which is then revealed. We DON'T start with your imagination of what Scripture SHOULD have said ...

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Obedience is the first step to fellowshipping with GOD,
Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We start with Scripture which is then revealed. We DON'T start with your imagination of what Scripture SHOULD have said ...

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Obedience is the first step to fellowshipping with GOD,
Bobby Jo

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:44

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:44

GOD doesn't violate HIS own Word, but YOU claim HIS authority while disobeying HIS Word:

I guess that's what you get from a cult,
Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD doesn't violate HIS own Word, but YOU claim HIS authority while disobeying HIS Word:

I guess that's what you get from a cult,
Bobby Jo
I did explain to you what that verse means. You ignored my explanation and forged ahead with your carnal deduction. You may not agree with me, but that really does not make you right. God is the One who decides even He is the One who gives any increase.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did explain to you what that verse means. ...

You gave platitudes, excuses, justifications, and every form of non-answer, -- but deny O B E D I E N C E. But that's ok, your blood is on your own head.

As Alfred E. Newman said: "What, Me Worry?"

Good Luck! :)
Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You gave platitudes, excuses, justifications, and every form of non-answer, -- but deny O B E D I E N C E. But that's ok, your blood is on your own head.

As Alfred E. Newman said: "What, Me Worry?"

Good Luck! :)
Bobby Jo
Blind obedience to what your mind has reasoned out is not what God is looking for in us. What He is seeking is what is in our hearts, ultimately with little, or even no regard, to what we do or do not understand of the details. A rich man can scarcely make it because he cannot see the forest for the trees. Lots of knowledge means lots required. Little knowledge for someone with little time or resources is where many are who will endure with Him to the end of their course.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giuliano

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blind obedience to what your mind has reasoned out ...

Yep, it's ALL IN MY MIND ...

Perhaps you should try using YOUR "mind", -- but why start now? :)
Bobby Jo