Buying and selling in the last days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're a hermit, you don't show it. Maybe you should also give up your computer ...

Bobby Jo
I did not say I was a hermit. Perhaps anyone in the Spiritual Church has already been "called out." That's what "ekklesia" means in Greek -- "called out."

Ecclesia (Church) - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ecclesia (or Ekklesia) in Christian theology means both: a particular body of faithful people, and the whole body of the faithful. Latin ecclesia, from Greek ekklesia, where the word is a compound of two segments: "ek", a preposition meaning "out of", and a verb, "kaleo", signifying "to call" - together, literally, "to call out". Although that usage soon passed away and was replaced with "assembly, congregation, council", or "convocation".

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no clue. You can surmise, you can guess, you can postulate, -- but you don't know, and you don't want to know. SO DON'T!

Bobby Jo
Think, think, think. Some say Babylon refers to the Catholic Church; but remember how confused people got at Babel? I rather think Babylon may consist of all denominations speaking their different doctrines. God's people could be found in them all however.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Simple question. Do you have a "SWORD" ( - understood to be a weapon, typically a firearm - )?

Bobby Jo
I have never in my 75 years owned a firearm however, a sword I have...When the Word is alive in me...

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:" Eph 6:17

And coming out of my mouth:

"Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth." Rev 2:16

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no clue. You can surmise, you can guess, you can postulate, -- but you don't know, and you don't want to know. SO DON'T!

Bobby Jo
The knowing comes when the faith is finished.

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:2

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never in my 75 years owned a firearm ...

Absolutely. (I pretty much already knew ...)

So you use other Scripture verses to contradict the verse which you disobey. You're not the first, and won't be last. But at least you're in good company, that is if -Calvin- is good company, because he ALSO discarded Scripture which he couldn't resolve ...

Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely. (I pretty much already knew ...)

So you use other Scripture verses to contradict the verse which you disobey. You're not the first, and won't be last. But at least you're in good company, that is if -Calvin- is good company, because he ALSO discarded Scripture which he couldn't resolve ...

Bobby Jo

No...!

I consume the dead Flesh and allow it to be quickened by the quickening Spirit. My disinterest in firearms was in place long before really starting to serve God. I did qualify with an M-14 while in the US Army, but that did not change my disinterest. I owned a bow once as a young man, but when I had honed my skill to point where I was able to kill a rabbit, my heart smote me and away went the bow and arrows. That was before coming God...

Your black and white understanding of the scripture equals continuing meals from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. No Holy Spirit, but only corrupted spirit without Life leading.

Reactions: Giuliano

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus said you need "sword" (i.e., firearm) then either obey Him, or DON'T!

We all choose,
Bobby Jo
That is like a stuck needle, don't you know? We are to obey what we hear God say to us.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me know when you get to "heaven", and don't need to worry about your welfare/safety anymore.

Bobby Jo
You might be like Peter with that sword he had. He got it out and used it when he shouldn't have.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might be like Peter with that sword he had. He got it out and used it when he shouldn't have.

I'd rather have it and allow GOD to help me use it correctly.

Are nay-sayers and scoffers the same?!?
Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess that means you don't have to listen to Jesus per Luke 22:35-36. OK. But YOU explain to HIM why ...

Bobby Jo
One day, hopefully, you will talk to God yourself instead continuing to parrot your own ideas and quoting even the scriptures in the spirit of your old man. The words you speak without the quickening of the Holy Spirit, even scriptures spoken verbatim, are dead nonetheless.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 3:4 ... let GOD be true, though every man be a liar ...

Bobby Jo
Even so! Therefore should we accept what comes through #1, your interpretation; or #2, mine or #3, God's when it comes to what is written in the scriptures? I will take choice #3 believing of course that mine agrees. But...let us allow God to decide whether either, you or I be right in this, or even perhaps that we are both in error. I am willing to a not "anything" position if God decides that way.

"Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:5-7

Give God the glory!