Can Someone Please Explain How Your Politics Work.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Question?
1. Are all Republicans Christians?
2. Are All Liberal parties Non-Christian?
3. Are any of the parties centre right or left?
4. Since you have so many states, how is the president and the governors of each state elected?
5. How long does the president hold power until the next election?
6. Do governors win seats or majority votes per state to make a win?
7. Does that win for the governed state equal the win for the party????
8. Where do you make your votes???

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1. About 70 %
#2. About 70%
#3. Republicans. Right / Conservative
#4. Governors are elected by majority vote of citizens of each state.
All 50 states vote for the President. each state has Electors, The majority vote of each State has a number of electors based on the population of each State and the Electors then vote for the person that won the most votes in that state. The person that gets the majority of Electoral ( Collage ) votes Of all 50 States becomes President. ( very simple hu? )
#5. 4 years. can only be elected 2 times. 8 years only.
#6 Yes.
#7 Generally yes
#8 Local Churches, Schools, other public buildings.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
1. Are the electors you speak of voters or are they the people the voters voted for within a party or are they the governors of that state.
2. Are Republicans far right and Liberals far left?
3. What has college got to do with voting?
4. What does the Federal Govt do and how is it connected?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question?
1. Are all Republicans Christians?
2. Are All Liberal parties Non-Christian?
3. Are any of the parties centre right or left?
4. Since you have so many states, how is the president and the governors of each state elected?
5. How long does the president hold power until the next election?
6. Do governors win seats or majority votes per state to make a win?
7. Does that win for the governed state equal the win for the party????
8. Where do you make your votes???

You see all the rioting in Minnesota...raiding stores....burning things down....no respect for the law enforcement, that is the radical left....democrats....This is what we are dealing with when you hear the country is "divided" The question is what is it? The stage of de-evolution before they are operating on a brain stem.....The walking drug zombies. These are not just blacks, these are Minnesotans, but still everyone has to treat them like the are the "restless natives" or they might go berserk..... ...oops they did! All these people need to spend years in prison and the police officers, all of them, should spend most of the rest of their lives in prison....psychiatric care... if they last that long.

If this is what the police are dealing with it is no wonder that a few of them went insane and homicidal. It takes the FBI to figure this out....give me a break!

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Are the electors you speak of voters or are they the people the voters voted for within a party or are they the governors of that state.

#1. They are voted for at the Party convention.
#2 . No. There are a mixture. Left, far left and extreme left = Democrat. Same mix right for Republicans.
#3. The group of all the Electors from the 50 states are called the Electoral collage.
Now you know more then most citizens of the USA.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see all the rioting in Minnesota...raiding stores....burning things down....no respect for the law enforcement, that is the radical left....democrats....This is what we are dealing with when you hear the country is "divided" The question is what is it? The stage of de-evolution before they are operating on a brain stem.....The walking drug zombies. These are not just blacks, these are Minnesotans, but still everyone has to treat them like the are the "restless natives" or they might go berserk..... ...oops they did! All these people need to spend years in prison and the police officers, all of them, should spend most of the rest of their lives in prison....psychiatric care... if they last that long.

If this is what the police are dealing with it is no wonder that a few of them went insane and homicidal. It takes the FBI to figure this out....give me a break!

I live about 5 mil. from the ( protest ? ) This has been building for several yrs.
And your assessment is of the perpetrators is correct.

Reactions: APAK and Angelina

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you so much @pompadour I am beginning to put the picture together a bit better now.
How or what has the federal govt got to do with anything??

The People own the USA " WE THE PEOPLE" Not the Federal Government. The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution created the Government and gave them power AND limitations. We the People give it and We the people can take it away. We vote people into the Government and out again.

We can have a convention of States and change the the Constitution. and if that can not be done by voting then we have the 2nd amendment to the constitution one of 10 inalienable rights. Called the Bill of rights.
The 2nd Amendment was created to give WE The People the right and power to over throw the Government when it became corrupt. and to start over. The USA it the only country in the world that has a 2nd amendment.

The Declaration and the Constitution can be found on line. and if you really want to get a good understanding you can read the Federalist papers.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ultimately, the goal and purpose of the Federal and the State governments exist only to preserve and protect the civil rights and freedoms of the people, as their servants.

(long sentence here....) When a government on any level, national, state or local decides that it exists for itself and its own purposes and agenda, to use force, coercion and deception to curb and even eliminate these freedoms and rights via new mandated policies, then these governing entities need to be taken back by the people immediately - by force if necessary. ..this is America!...APAK

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love our Constitution and our Bill of Rights....I don't care for many of the addendums...
@Angelina did you know that a state can succeed from the union of states and become their own government?
And the Native Americans have reservations and are a Sovereign Nation within the U.S.....they have their own laws and government that the state cannot interfere with....however they are subject to Federal regulations.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love our Constitution and our Bill of Rights....I don't care for many of the addendums...
@Angelina did you know that a state can succeed from the union of states and become their own government?
And the Native Americans have reservations and are a Sovereign Nation within the U.S.....they have their own laws and government that the state cannot interfere with....however they are subject to Federal regulations.

You are right. The States are sovereign. The States created the Federal government to serve the People.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems the moderates get drowned out by the far left and the far right. I'm done with the cares of this world, and politics is a huge care of this world. I will pray for our leaders as The Word instructs us but...last year was when I decided to remove myself from all the smoke and mirrors, yes...I decided to stop voting and I know I will get flack for that but...there ya have it! :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4. What does the Federal Govt do and how is it connected?
Notice how each state has a different Electoral number? It is based on population....so key states presidential candidates target during their campaign are the ones with the largest Electoral College numbers....and we also have the popular vote.....these two systems are like a checks and balance of each other.
Notice how Clinton beat Trump in popular vote but lost in the Electoral College? That's because Trump won in states that were considered Democratic or Swing states and the Electoral Numbers added up higher than Clinton's.....the main reason for the Electoral College is to give smaller states a vote as well....Trump beat Clinton because of
upload_2020-5-29_15-49-57.jpeg
images
71Pld9UOQGL._AC_SL1099_.jpg
2016-election-results.png

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oh It will take a while to explain. I would love to get my head around this first sister and then I answer your question :) I'll tell you something though. You guys are more politically motivated then we are for sure!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh It will take a while to explain. I would love to get my head around this first sister and then I answer your question :) I'll tell you something though. You guys are more politically motivated then we are for sure!
:)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to have to spend some time reading and mulling over this.
One more little point perhaps not covered by others. The number of electors in the Electoral College is equal to the combined number of persons in the two legislative bodies. The United States Senate has 100 Senators, 2 elected by each of the 50 states. The 50 could only be changed if some an additional territory were made a state. The last time this happened was in the 1950's when both Alaska and Hawaii became states.

The United States House of Representatives has 438 Representatives. The 438 is an unchanging number.

Every 10 years a census of the population of the United States [citizens only] is taken. When it is completed the number of Representatives is reevaluated and prorated according to population number with never less than one Representative given to each state. This makes the actual calculation more complicated since the entire population of a few states, like Wyoming (less than 600,000), is so small compared to many other states.

Thus every state has at least 3 people elected and sent to the National Congress. Wyoming has 2 Senators like every other state, but only 1 Member in the House of Representatives. California the most populous state also has 2 Senators, but 53 Members in the House of Representatives.

Thus Wyoming has 3 in the Electoral College while California has 55. The Electoral College has 538 Electors, [438 +50].