Christ the king

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Kingdom established by God!
Isa 2:2
Dan 2: 44
Micah 4:1
One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

Christ is the king!

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 2:10-11 all people!

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (old covenant Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Jesus Christ is king!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

And In the absence of the king we must submit and obey the kings ministers!

Isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:18
Matt 18:18
Matt 28:18
Lk 10:16
Jn 13:20
Jn 20:21-23

Biblical Example Joseph under pharaoh administers the kingdom and his brother obeyed and submitted to him.

Christ is king and a king must rule the hearts and minds of his subjects!

All are subject to christ! Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power (authority) is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s the problem with Protestantism it’s very nature and existence attacks, rejects, rebels against Christ the king!

instead of faithful, submissive, obedient subjects of Christ the king and His kingdom (the church) they exist to protest, attack, and rebel against the holy church that is His kingdom on earth, with His lawful administers who act and rule in His place until He returns in glory!

Christ the king of Glory rule and reign in all hearts forever!

Christ the king and His holy bride (the church) are one! Acts 9:4

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s the problem with Protestantism it’s very nature and existence attacks, rejects, rebels against Christ the king!

instead of faithful, submissive, obedient subjects of Christ the king and His kingdom (the church) they exist to protest, attack, and rebel against the holy church that is His kingdom on earth, with His lawful administers who act and rule in His place until He returns in glory!

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matt 7:1-2

It is wrong for you or for me to render final judgements against others others because unlike God, none of us, Catholic of Protestant knows the hearts of others.

Reactions: bbyrd009

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matt 7:1-2

It is wrong for you or for me to render final judgements against others others because unlike God, none of us, Catholic of Protestant knows the hearts of others.

No just an observation

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No just an observation
Yes, you see the problems and shortcomings of many Protestants, but they are fallible people as Catholics also are fallible people.

The Catholic individuals are often found having precisely the same kind of difficulties you mention observing in Protestants, involving themselves in attacks, rejections and rebellions. The only way to stop those things in ourselves is by surrendering to God. God alone can fix our problems, but He has made it so a person must choose to receive His help. Without God, we are dead to Him and will remain so.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, co Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the church or rejection of such doctrines is and attack on God and on Christ!
Acts 9:4 Jude 1:3

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
the cult of sol invictus is indeed pervasive, yes
test everything, and keep what is good

but i do notice that the catholic church is the only one open right now, monday
:)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the cult of sol invictus is indeed pervasive, yes
test everything, and keep what is good

but i do notice that the catholic church is the only one open right now, monday
:)
When I was an active young Catholic, the church where I attended left the main front door to the building unlocked 24 hours a day, seven days a week so that anyone could go in any time and spend some time with God, praying or whatever even though no one else was there. I have never seen that anywhere else ever, Catholic or Protestant. That was back in the 1950's. Has God changed? Have the church changed? Have people changed?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When I was an active young Catholic, the church where I attended left the main front door to the building unlocked 24 hours a day, seven days a week so that anyone could go in any time and spend some time with God, praying or whatever even though no one else was there. I have never seen that anywhere else ever, Catholic or Protestant. That was back in the 1950's. Has God changed? Have the church changed? Have people changed?
ya, our…Cathedral? dunno the correct term…used to be open like that, but we have “homelessness” now? So i guess maybe ppl have changed?

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, our…Cathedral? dunno the correct term…used to be open like that, but we have “homelessness” now? So i guess maybe ppl have changed?
Yes, something has changed which causes people today to lock up all of the doors... even those of the "church house".

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, something has changed which causes people today to lock up all of the doors... even those of the "church house".
well to be fair, ours is open until dusk or something, and i dont expect the Catholic congregation here to shoulder the burden of housing all of our transients, although they are at the forefront of even that, at least here. Im in a tourist market, so we get a lot of them.

Reactions: amadeus