Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WONDERFUL ! (quiver full )
Godly Mothers are the best way to have children ! :)
They're Great ! (and work so hard)
:)
All mother’s work hard, don’t think it’s just the Christian ones - and actually I was only a godly mother after the birth of my first two children - must admit that I did appreciate the gift of being a mum after I became a Christian.
Rita

Would you want to have children if you knew they were going to disobey God all the time ?

I don't expect you would.

That's why I specified "Godly Mothers" are the BEST way to have children !
and
likewise, it is "Godly Mothers" who are Great!

Reactions: Mayflower

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sickness came at different times of the day and I hated being pregnant all three times but had three easy births so that was a bit of a bonus. I went right off coffee and hated the smell of butter. These lads don't know the half of it!
My wife smoked when we first married, but shortly she became pregnant and could not tolerate smoking. She did not so much quit as simply could not stand it. We were not serving God at the time! [Married 1972, met Jesus in 1976.]

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With Lorena, I had craved yogurt with blue berries and I normally despise both. But chicken too. I have always liked chicken though.

Btw, Im satisfied. Eating nuggets. Figured with my blood pressure fluctuating, the good of two evils. :D

Lorena was born naturally within half an hour when I got to the hospital. I hope John is that easy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With Lorena, I had craved yogurt with blue berries and I normally despise both. But chicken too. I have always liked chicken though.

Btw, Im satisfied. Eating nuggets. Figured with my blood pressure fluctuating, the good of two evils. :D

Lorena was born naturally within half an hour when I got to the hospital. I hope John is that easy

My wife craved Mexican food during her first pregnancy. I would get home from work and at her earnest urging would drive her to a Mexican restaurant. We enjoyed the meal. On the way home she would ask me to pull over to the curb. She would open her door and vomit her meal. This became a regular thing. I would warn her the next time she urged me to take for another Mexican dinner, but she would insist and the cycle would repeat.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife craved Mexican food during her first pregnancy. I would get home from work and at her earnest urging would drive her to a Mexican restaurant. We enjoyed the meal. On the way home she would ask me to pull over to the curb. She would open her door and vomit her meal. This became a regular thing. I would warn her the next time she urged me to take for another Mexican dinner, but she would insist and the cycle would repeat.
My mother in law swears up and down she has had the cravings of all her kids including me. With Lotena she craved sweettarta and mexican food. I'll have to ask her if she has had any with John. I havent craved Mexican food too much. Though I love Salsa Verde.

R

Rita

Would you want to have children if you knew they were going to disobey God all the time ?

I don't expect you would.

That's why I specified "Godly Mothers" are the BEST way to have children !
and
likewise, it is "Godly Mothers" who are Great!
sadly being a Christina mum doesn’t guarantee that your children will come to faith - so even though I see your point that it’s better being a Godly mum, it can have its negatives , in so much it’s quite sad when your children walk away from God.
You always have hope, and you of course pray, but it is a burden xx
Rita

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the crazy percentage is 90% of children influenced by Godly fathers come to know Christ. While only 10% are from the mothers. Some crazy percentage like that.

Reactions: Heart2Soul
R

Rita

Actually the crazy percentage is 90% of children influenced by Godly fathers come to know Christ. While only 10% are from the mothers. Some crazy percentage like that.
Really , wow that’s a big difference - my ex husband was not a believer. My daughter did give her life to the Lord, but the church she was a part of were sadly very hypocritical and lack care - very legalistic.
It had a negative effect on her and she back slid - she couldn’t separate God from the church ........
Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) Shalom.

There once was a mom....

she had a son....

she prayed a lot.... (without seeming to do much of anything else in a good way - undisciplined, etc )
(Prayed a lot like Timothy's Grandma and Mom)

her son came out okay..... (a Righteous, God-fearing man, when he grew up)....

Prayer works. (faithful prayer, works, even when circumstances look impossible)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well lately Ive had dizziness/faintness, rapid heartbeat, headaches, fatigue, hot flashes, etc. So called my OB yesterday and went in to get my blood pressure taken and it was pretty high for me- 138/88. Which isnt dangerous, just prehypertension. So on a 24 hour urine test and took some blood. Since I had preeclampsia with Lorena, they are testing for that, but seeing my symptoms are still going on, Id say that is what is going on. A bit early, but if worse csme to worse they would put me on a blood pressure med until after pregnancy. I am 25 weeks and due at the end of July with a little boy. And chicken sure sounds good. Lol

I am so sorry to hear this...pregnancy should be a happy time.
I liked being pregnant because I was a chronic asthmatic and when I was pregnant I had no asthma at all. It was wonderful! LOL

Praying for you that these things settle down. xx

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What cravings did you other ladies have? With three pregnancies mine were different each time. Oranges, pork chops, peaches and cheese sandwiches on Vitbe bread to name a few.

I kinda feel left out...I had no craving at all. It was just the smell of any food that messed me up. Especially when Dave fried something , couldn't stand it. e about tea Rita , could stand tea or coffee, until the births.

I didn't have morning sickness with mine. In fact I had never heard of it until my kids were grown up.

One of my girls vomited every single day of her nine months..poor thing.
Boy was she glad to birth my grand daughter and have a good meal!! :D

Reactions: amadeus and Rita

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Rita @Pearl @Mayflower :p :p :p

So you all had easy births!! Good for you. o_O

My first one was dreadful. Last 32 hours. ( at home)
My midwife was an idiot she knew nothing. ( like she told me to push when I had hardly started) Doctor came and he was great.
Poor man, I married at 18 and was aged 20 for my first one , and I swore at the doctor like a sailor , finally telling him that I was worn out, tired ,and in much pain, and if he wanted the "blankity blank" baby out, he could &%$#@ do it himself...because I was quitting, and I turned away to the wall.
So in the end , because it would be a dry birth and I was totally worn out , the doctor put me out and took her using forceps.

I was very shamed faced when I went to see him for my check up 6 weeks later. But he just laugh at my apology and said that he had heard far worse. :D

The second one , same doctor , different midwife. Was pretty awful too,,,but I didn't 'lose it' and thankfully it was over in five hours.
I always remind my kids on their birthdays. LOL

Reactions: Pearl and Mayflower
R

Rita

One of my girls vomited every single day of her nine months..poor thing.
Boy was she glad to birth my grand daughter and have a good meal!! :D
This was why my daughter only had one child, she lost so much weight during pregnancy ( she was only 7-8stone normally, and at one point she went down to just under 7stone. It also did the enamel on her teeth - thankfully her teeth have recovered with treatment. Just the fear of experiencing all that again led her to be sterilised in her early 30’s - she would have loved another baby. I have no idea why I eventually had four , because I hated it as well, and in all honesty it led me to get sterilised in my late 30’s - but then God had other ideas and along came Daniel ( a true gift from God ) I was so ill with his pregnancy - they reckon the sickness gets worse with each pregnancy - they were right !
My mother in law was the same, and she had 6 children !!
Rita

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower
R

Rita

@Rita @Pearl @Mayflower :p :p :p

So you all had easy births!! Good for you. o_O

My first one was dreadful. Last 32 hours. ( at home)
My midwife was an idiot she knew nothing. ( like she told me to push when I had hardly started) Doctor came and he was great.
Poor man, I married at 18 and was aged 20 for my first one , and I swore at the doctor like a sailor , finally telling him that I was worn out, tired ,and in much pain, and if he wanted the "blankity blank" baby out, he could &%$#@ do it himself...because I was quitting, and I turned away to the wall.
So in the end , because it would be a dry birth and I was totally worn out , the doctor put me out and took her using forceps.

I was very shamed faced when I went to see him for my check up 6 weeks later. But he just laugh at my apology and said that he had heard far worse. :D

The second one , same doctor , different midwife. Was pretty awful too,,,but I didn't 'lose it' and thankfully it was over in five hours.
I always remind my kids on their birthdays. LOL
Oh no, poor you - I must admit I was very grateful for quick labours xx
Yes, my daughter in law had a pretty long labour , and it was full of issues and problems.
One thing that has never left me with my first baby, that moment when you hold your baby, that amazing awareness that you have been part of bringing something into this world. I wasn’t a Christian, but it’s an emotion and memory that has never been forgotten. I didn’t feel it in the same way with the other three.
I think for the first time in my life I felt I had achieved something so special ..............then followed the months of adapting to sleepless night, post natal depression and not having a clue what I was doing !!!!! Lol
Rita

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so sorry to hear this...pregnancy should be a happy time.
I liked being pregnant because I was a chronic asthmatic and when I was pregnant I had no asthma at all. It was wonderful! LOL

Praying for you that these things settle down. xx
In spite of the at times physical discomfort and sickness my wife always has said that she loved being pregnant. I guess you can relate.

Reactions: Helen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having hot flashes and dizziness. My hubby worked thirds last night, so Im watching Lorena. Just super hard today.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mayflower :cool:

For our citizenship is in heaven; from whence also we wait for a Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ. Philippians 3:20

======================================================================================

1 Peter 1:3-5 Expanded Bible (EXB)

We Have a Living Hope

3 ·Praise be to [L Blessed be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

In God’s ·great [abundant] mercy he has caused us to be born ·again [anew; John 3:5–8] into a living hope,

·because Jesus Christ rose [or by means of the resurrection of Jesus Christ] from the dead.

4 ·Now we hope for [or This new birth provides us with] ·the blessings God has for his children [L an inheritance].

·These blessings [or This inheritance], which cannot be destroyed

or be ·spoiled [corrupted; defiled] or lose their beauty,

·are [is] kept in heaven for you [Matt. 6:19–21; Luke 12:33].

5 God’s power protects you through your faith until ·salvation is shown to you [or the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed] ·at the end of [in the last] time.

Expanded Bible (EXB)

The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mayflower :cool:

For our citizenship is in heaven; from whence also we wait for a Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ. Philippians 3:20

======================================================================================

1 Peter 1:3-5 Expanded Bible (EXB)

We Have a Living Hope

3 ·Praise be to [L Blessed be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

In God’s ·great [abundant] mercy he has caused us to be born ·again [anew; John 3:5–8] into a living hope,

·because Jesus Christ rose [or by means of the resurrection of Jesus Christ] from the dead.

4 ·Now we hope for [or This new birth provides us with] ·the blessings God has for his children [L an inheritance].

·These blessings [or This inheritance], which cannot be destroyed

or be ·spoiled [corrupted; defiled] or lose their beauty,

·are [is] kept in heaven for you [Matt. 6:19–21; Luke 12:33].

5 God’s power protects you through your faith until ·salvation is shown to you [or the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed] ·at the end of [in the last] time.

Expanded Bible (EXB)

The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

Hehe. You must have been on CF and saw my siggy for lily00. This is great. :)