Debate- Calvinist vs Catholic - who won?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholics7777

Jan 21, 2019
Lafayette
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here’s a recent debate between the protestant calvinist radio show personality Matt Slick and a traditional Catholic. Its two part videos. The topic was baptism. So who do all of you believe did the best job at presenting biblical truth?

Here’s the 1st video to the beginning of the debate…

And here is the 2nd part of that debate....

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Here’s a recent debate between the protestant calvinist radio show personality Matt Slick and a traditional Catholic. Its two part videos. The topic was baptism. So who do all of you believe did the best job at presenting biblical truth?

The question is not winning debates but, What do the Scriptures say?

D

Dave L

Both Calvinists and Catholics are off on baptism. Not one mention of infant baptism in the New Testament. Believers only.

Catholics7777

Jan 21, 2019
Lafayette
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both Calvinists and Catholics are off on baptism. Not one mention of infant baptism in the New Testament. Believers only.
Most protestants agree with the Catholic Church's practice of infant baptism. Lutherans, Anglicans, Methodists, Congregationalists, Presbyterians, and others practice infant baptism.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who do you believe did the best job in that debate?
An assessment of someone's public speaking skills has nothing to do with the Truthfulness of their arguments. And Truth is not revealed by man's prowess, but testified to an individual's heart by the Holy Spirit.

D

Dave L

Most protestants agree with the Catholic Church's practice of infant baptism. Lutherans, Anglicans, Methodists, Congregationalists, Presbyterians, and others practice infant baptism.
But not one scripture supports it. Zip...Zero... none.....

Reactions: mjrhealth

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
What if a 20 year old thought a 16 year old or older was a demon that took over a soul and wanted her but thought the entity was dark or a dark vampire is this okay? I know to molest a child isn't. This is bad, or just wrong.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Is the other side wrong in the dark vampire act because I think it is I heard stories of this

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But not one scripture supports it. Zip...Zero... none.....

Hello Dave,

Jesus said to them, "Yes; and have you never read the text, 'Out of the mouths of infants and nurslings you have brought forth praise'?"

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The question is not winning debates but, What do the Scriptures say?
The Scriptures say that once you obtain salvation you can't loose it that once baptised and confirmed you are saved. To rely on Jesus Sometimes is good. He can help you with many things. Heis the first pick but to be yourself plays a major role. Darkness tends to attract, like black or I the sky God created it and people usually borrow ideas from others so to put laws on it is weird you know but what if things were fair? Or regular or good priced? There's nothing wrong with eating and smoking but life is so fragile and important. So many things can be done and made, so much awesomeness and creativity so much brilliance. To love your family and like your friends and help them is good... Then again you can probably only go so far as I know and I usually don't go too far. Things like pride could get in the way, but one thing is for certain, you should always want to be YOU, but there's also many guiding principles to help character, other people's lives of life matters. It's about you but not always and lives matter. As a matter of fact meat and vegetables are good foods and health matters but your as young as you feel, and the spirit or holy spirit as some claim is tke good it's awesome and I thank God that I have a soul and life and body you know. God is excellent we are living because of him.

Last edited:

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Catholic. Could never in a million years say Matt Slick won anything

Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I think there is an important factor that is not being addressed. We are being asked who did a better job presenting information in the debate, who was more convincing; I happen to believe the Catholic was more convincing. We may also want to provide an opinion about the validly of doctrines presented - was it compelling? Did you consider the opposing side’s information and, perhaps, experience a mind or heart change? I did not experience a change of heart or change mind in regards to the information Matt Slick presented.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither Calvinism nor Catholicism is right...so it does not really matter to me who won that debate.

I'll let the blind be leaders of the blind.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I think the Catholic won. He gave biblical scripture supporting and validating baptism giving instances where it was confirmed and Scriptures that back it up and I enjoyed that debate. I think baptism is necessary or important and you can evolve and grow from there therefore you should exercise caution and be wise.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
We are spirit creatures going through a body experience and water represents the spirit.