Do you think Confederate statues in public should be removed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think Confederate statues in public should be removed?

• Total voters

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever considered, the reason we have need of endurance is because God is a God of his word?
Psalm 115:3 Our God is in heaven; He does as He pleases.

God predestined all things. What is prayer but pleading he changes his mind.
If God predestined everything, Everything, why would we need to concern ourselves with endurance? Or anything else?

We can just relax, do whatever, knowing it's all been set in place by God? I can go on a binge, assured it was predestined by God?

Much love!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God predestined everything, Everything, why would we need to concern ourselves with endurance? Or anything else?

We can just relax, do whatever, knowing it's all been set in place by God? I can go on a binge, assured it was predestined by God?

Much love!

God has predestined everything. You shouldnt be worried about anything.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Ephesians 1, especially verse 5.

Is human nature of God?

Are you aware of the passage that refers to God having created vessels of mercy, and vessels of wrath.

Romans 9
:22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory—

2 Timothy 2:19 But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.
“Whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called, them he also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified. What shall we then say to these things?” Romans 8:30-31

Romans 11

“God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation” 1Thessalonians 5:9

Predestination is another word for divine decree.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't agree with this. I believe God is fully honest and real, and when He urges us to be reconciled to Him, that's exactly what He is doing.

Much love!
Let us continue with that line of thought. Would you kindly post the scripture you're referring to?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us continue with that line of thought. Would you kindly post the scripture you're referring to?
I'll think about whether I want to get into an academic debate on predestination. I perceive that you are fairly set in your view. I am too.

Much love!

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll think about whether I want to get into an academic debate on predestination. I perceive that you are fairly set in your view. I am too.

Much love!
For me sovereignty coincides with predestination. Especially when God tells us he predestined all things.

And we should probably drop this then. Because as you observed we are both set in our pov.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me sovereignty coincides with predestination. Especially when God tells us he predestined all things.

And we should probably drop this then. Because as you observed we are both set in our pov.

I'd sum up my view this way, God has given His divine decree: Man must choose.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd sum up my view this way, God has given His divine decree: Man must choose.

Much love!
Hyper-Arminianism.
I wonder if they pray? I'd think not.

Man can't choose. God said so.
If we believe in God why do we not believe what he says about that?

Jesus, who was God, was asked by those closest to him, his disciples, why he always taught the gospel message using parables.

Jesus answered. As recorded in different books in the New Testament.
And yet, we choose not to believe him.

We choose instead to be like what you demonstrate here. Someone who believes what they prefer to believe, contrary to what God says.

Acts 17

Colossians 1:17And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Statues that help tell the story of America shouldn't be removed. That being said, it's a completely different story when it comes to Confederate flags. There there is no logical reason why anybody should be glorifying the Confederate flag when it was created with the explicit purpose of celebrating white supremacy and chattel slavery. There is a ton of other ways to celebrate one's individualism other than flying what is a clearly racist and divisive flag. I don't know what could possibly possess someone to choose a Confederate flag of all things as being a symbol of their individualism.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I voted no they should not remove the Confederate Statues or Flags, they are only trying to erase history.

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.

Last edited:

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Statues that help tell the story of America shouldn't be removed. That being said, it's a completely different story when it comes to Confederate flags. There there is no logical reason why anybody should be glorifying the Confederate flag when it was created with the explicit purpose of celebrating white supremacy and chattel slavery. There is a ton of other ways to celebrate one's individualism other than flying what is a clearly racist and divisive flag. I don't know what could possibly possess someone to choose a Confederate flag of all things as being a symbol of their individualism.

I am surprised that most people voted NOT to remove the Confederate statues. What if there are some people who do find them objectionable or offensive though? The younger generation already are very unhappy with the way of things in America today, this will only make them more upset.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live in Alabama ....There are laws on the books that prohibit removing Statues of any kind now. Birmingham paid over a million in penalties until a statue was sent to the Museum . A group wanted to melt it down and turn it into some sort of shrine for Northern Agitators ....My cousin had the Plantation Home as a part of his Hunting Club on the Tom Bigbee River .....The house was used by Mrs' Jefferson Davis whenever Mr Davis was in Montgomery running the Confederacy ..

You can go all over this state and find cemetaries with Conferderate Dead and some with Union dead from a battle during the war. I have a favorite I visit often ...Shelby County outside of Shelby, AL. The railroad line orginates in Vicksburg. The Seige of Vicksburg forced the evacuation of many wounded from the front lines. Those guys traveld on that rail line to a Hotel outside of Shelby. The Hotel was turned into a hospital. Those that died were buried in an obscure Cemetary with one plaque and about 120 graves. Futher down I-65, north of Montgomery, sits the Alabama retiement home for Confederate Vets ....They and their wives lived in the small village, now a state park. There are three cemetaries on the property. I always get the historian or curator invguided involved in a guided tour. I started asking "I see most of these guys were enlisted or volunteers. There appears to be a special place for officiers." In most cases, when the officer of a unit passed away, he requested to be buried with his troops.

It sounds odd, I enjoy cemetaries, especially remote ones. You get a quick idea of when the cemetary was active and then your mind starts running wild ...An entire family dead on the same day, same time ......Fire? Disease? Indian Attacks? There is a cemetary in Shelby that goes back to the founding family of the city. They have gone through papers, records and have identified every grave site on both sides of the road.....To the ealry 1800's late 1700's

I did an inspection in a remote area, where there were no other homes nearby .....Confederate battle Flags flying. Old black man on the porch ..."You don't sound like you are from here," "Mom and Dad born and raised in Birmingham. Great Grandparents owned the Ice House in New Orleans. The entire family went to Auburn, So I am and I'm not from here .....but I was southern born and southern raised." "he laughed, "Sit down and have a glass of lemonade with me..." "Yes Sir" "Does that come from the southern part of you or the military part of you?" "Both. Why the Confederate Flags?" "Keeps bad people away from my goats, cows, chickens and pigs."

To give an idea .....There is a Battle flag on I-65 north of Montgomery. About 30'x 40' you can see it for miles ....On I-22 headed to Memphis there is a battle Flag about 25'x30' Both flags sit on property owned by Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy ...I been all over Selma "OK Civil Rights, I get it." But I'm interested in the houses and why all the historical plaques for houses .....in a City that every house was burned to the ground except for one. The one was hiding slaves when the north took over the city ....then was ordered to burn it all down ....

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I voted no they should not remove the Confederate Statues of Flags, they are only trying to erase history.

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.
Yeah and i voted no for this shot . I was warning folks about the long term effects . Well now it aint looking good for some .
But all folks did was mock me and they silenced doctors who spoke against it , military who was seeing problems were silenced
and the liberal news and websites were shutting down voices . NOW LOOK . ITs coming OUT
AND I bet , i just bet they will try and blame trump by saying HE tried to rush this vaccine through .
YET it was not Trump who was doing all the silencing of those who were warning folks about dangerous efffects . IT WAS THEM SHUTTIN
down the voices . NOW LOOK . I Tried to warn us about long term effects and etc . Cause unlike most , I actually did my research
and saw for myself . ONLY they shut down the voices as they do for their own agenda .

Reactions: Marvelloustime