Do you think only people aged 25 should be allowed to use and own guns?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should the legal age to use guns be increased to 25?

• Total voters

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you think only people aged 25 should be allowed to use and own guns?​

OP^

No. Children should be taught “about” guns and “teens” should be taught how to use a gun”.

Young adults, even older than 25 today, STILL widely live with their parents, especially I think in Democratic states. You could also argue, is it the best idea these days to teach your son and daughter to use lethal weapons if they can't even move out and buy a house? Or if they still depend on their parents for groceries while sharing their medical insurance, for example?

(I'm not necessarily making fun of them either, lots of young adults in my state have also moved back in with their parents due to the pandemic, increase in violent crime, inflation from the Ukraine crisis, massive rise in rent and housing prices, etc.; it's a VERY tough situation for people in their 20s today compared to after WW2, for example. :()
Young Adults in America Living with Their Parents.jpg

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You think God approves of politically motivated gun violence? That is not the God I know who showed us in the personality of Jesus Christ what he is like. Did Jesus carry a weapon?....did he ever use a sword on anyone? Did he advise the Jews to take action against the Romans who were oppressing the Jews? What happened when Jesus himself was threatened? Did he call on the angels to take down his enemies? NO! he quietly left the scene.
Jesus said "do not murder".
But he never said do not defend your daughter when a sex offender knocks your front door down and comes in your house to rape her.

Reactions: Taken

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But he never said do not defend your daughter when a sex offender knocks your front door down and comes in your house to rape her.
The Bible does not deny us the right to self-defense....but it does deny us the right to kill those who intend to break the law. The world supplies law enforcement and a judicial system to deal with offenders. To "defend" has its limits from a Christian perspective.....if you take the life of another human being to preserve your own or even a loved one, you have brought yourself down to the level of the perpetrator.

Paul wrote......"Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men. 18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men. 19 Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: “‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay,’ says Jehovah.” 20 But “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals on his head.” 21 Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good."

This leaves no room to conquer evil with evil....IMO.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Young adults, even older than 25 today, STILL widely live with their parents, especially I think in Democratic states. You could also argue, is it the best idea these days to teach your son and daughter to use lethal weapons if they can't even move out and buy a house? Or if they still depend on their parents for groceries while sharing their medical insurance, for example?

(I'm not necessarily making fun of them either, lots of young adults in my state have also moved back in with their parents due to the pandemic, increase in violent crime, inflation from the Ukraine crisis, massive rise in rent and housing prices, etc.; it's a VERY tough situation for people in their 20s today compared to after WW2, for example. :()
View attachment 27665
Hi Louis ~

Regarding adult Children still living in their living parent or parents home...
It is flavored with an ‘intent’ of a multitude of ‘reasons’...
From a genuine intent to be an “asset” to the parents...
To the reality of being a corrupt society influenced life long “burden”.

Regarding “lethal weapons”...that covers a multitude of “items” commonly found in any household...labeled, keep out of reach of children....with a “society” often per “law”... caveat regarding “age”.

Age is the “number one magic societal caveat...” often flavored with inclusion of “race, gender, wealth, reputation”....as to HOW the “propagandist press” intends to “influence, judge, try a person in the Court of public opinion”.

Fact is; teaching a child, don’t touch this, don’t touch that, is merely a cautionary Beginning for a little child who is not yet matured in cognitive skills.

Fact is; keeping guns, drugs, keys, knives, bleach, electrical outlets, oven cleaner, power tools, etc. out of REACH of children’s hands is a Beginning.

Fact is: If a parent does not assume the responsibility to Teach their own “maturing” children “regarding” particularly items in their own household” OR ITEMS commonly in the Public (yet allow the child to be unleashed into the public without the parent) of HOW to safely and appropriately USE and Defend themselves From such items....
Children WILL resort to Mimicking what they SEE “without” a true understanding of “consequence”.

Fact is; Society teaches, advocates, encourages, gives rewards, gives kudos to Parents, WHO THRUST their little children into the Public realm FOR “anyone BUT the parent to teach, raise, feed, their children during the majority of the child’s daily “awake” time.” ( And when I say “little children”...
Yes Beginning with Babies, Toddlers, forward through Teens....Society is teaching, BABES how to BE and REMAIN life long burdens...along with corrupting their fragile, formative minds with utterly evil and wicked suggestive ideas ... and back-patting them for going along.

Fact is: The majority of World Governing powers are Corrupt. The majority of the World Public Society is Corrupt. And parents thrusting their young babes into the Care of Governing powers and Public society to teach and mold the thoughts and ideas of their children, the same Such Parents seem bewildered and suffer heartache when their children DO what corrupt governing powers and corrupt society has taught them.

Door locks, Alarms, a safety lock on a gun, hiding under a bed, waiting for help to arrive...are NOT Defense protections.

There IS Scriptural Reasoning behind a Converted mans mantra of ...
God, Liberty, Guns.
(And there is a Constitutional script, by which every American governing authority by OATH (their word and signature) swear to God and the Citizens at large, they WILL protect every citizens Liberty.) <—-> THEY LIE to God AND the CITIZENS and Undermine.

Luke 22:
[36] Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

A Sword (before guns) was for preparation of a “surprise” “physical” defense.
Script (Word of God) was for preparation of a “known” “verbal” offense.

Gods Order and Way from the Beginning to this day is about “preparation”... of what and why and how.

Remember...
inasmuch as the FEW “prepares” and “advocates” WITH God...
the MAJORITY “prepares” and “advocates” WITHOUT God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now there's a real possibility -- not. Has this happened to you or are you just living in paranoia from watching the wrong media?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now there's a real possibility -- not. Has this happened to you or are you just living in paranoia from watching the wrong media?
On the average there are 460.634 rape victims, 12 years or older, each year in the US.
But I guess these figures don't mean a thing to you, according to you it's all paranoia....who cares.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the average there are 460.634 rape victims, 12 years or older, each year in the US.
But I guess these figures don't mean a thing to you, according to you it's all paranoia....who cares.
Your figure is extremely inaccurate -- by about a factor of 5.

And since you think that these figures don't mean a thing to me, I am ending this discussion and putting you on "ignore". You should be ashamed of yourself!!!

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible does not deny us the right to self-defense....but it does deny us the right to kill those who intend to break the law. The world supplies law enforcement and a judicial system to deal with offenders. To "defend" has its limits from a Christian perspective.....if you take the life of another human being to preserve your own or even a loved one, you have brought yourself down to the level of the perpetrator.

Paul wrote......"Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men. 18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men. 19 Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: “‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay,’ says Jehovah.” 20 But “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals on his head.” 21 Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good."

This leaves no room to conquer evil with evil....IMO.
I kind of agree, ma'am, but again, America today is a very chaotic and violence-filled country, in my Democratic state for example, there has been such a massive surge in violent crime that lots of people have moved away. There are places where it's literally NOT safe for families to walk around at night, even I mostly avoid the big cities nowadays. Even BBC acknowledges that the most violent American cities are run by Democratic politicians nowadays. :(

I think we can ALL agree, Democrat or Republican or independent, that this country is undergoing serious spiritual sickness and illness nowadays.

1673099842430.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RLT63

Gandalf-

Nov 16, 2022
Marlboro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your figure is extremely inaccurate -- by about a factor of 5.

And since you think that these figures don't mean a thing to me, I am ending this discussion and putting you on "ignore". You should be ashamed of yourself!!!
There are clearly a great many liars on this site, and you are clearly one of them. I am not following, and really don't care about this thread. But apparently because I had answered it, I was automatically following it? And no one else had been answering it either, until recently, where I was given notice this thread was answered because of that. So I just quickly browsed a few answers up in this thread, and saw you obvious lie.

I did a quick Google Search, asking the number of rape victims in the US 12 years old, and older, per year, and received the following instant Google search result, with the following at the very top of the Google Search :

"On average, there are 433,648 victims (age 12 or older) of rape and sexual assault each year in the United States. 1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime (14.8% completed, 2.8% attempted). 1 out of every 10 rape victims are male."

It was the very top search result on Google, you idiot. Without even checking the Google Search result yourself, instead you called the person who posted the result basically a liar, and their results were off by a factor of 5, and they should be ashamed of themselves, and you were putting them on ignore.

When it is you who have lied, and made all kinds of false accusations because they merely posted what Google had posted to them? What a joke you are. You could have Googled it yourself, to confirm that was the result Google posted to them, and then disputed the Google Result, if you so chose to dispute it, rather than call them a liar for posting what Google posted to them? Why even bother if you simply going to call people liars for simply posting what Google posted to them?

Here is the link for the Google search results page :

And I did a little more quick research myself, based on the Google search result, and saw this statistics search result page link, in the google search results, and it seems to show how it seems to claim the Google search result may be off by a factor of two, allegedly showing the Google results were doubling the search results. Statistics are highly disputable, depending on who searched for the results, and how they determined them, etc..,

But I quite frankly don't care if the Google, or this sites results, etc.., were the resukts which were in error, because you basically accused the poster of being a Liar for simply trusting the top result Google gave them? You could have called them Naive for trusting Google, but to basically accusing them of lying, and placing them on block for trusting Google?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess the mainstream media is the right media to you? Do you get your news from CNN or MSNBC?

Reactions: Gandalf-

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I kind of agree, ma'am, but again, America today is a very chaotic and violence-filled country, in my Democratic state for example, there has been such a massive surge in violent crime that lots of people have moved away.
I guess this is the main problem I see from someone who is looking from the outside in.....you see this as a political problem, when we all know that no matter what politician is in power, the world of which your nation is a part, will continue to spiral down into the moral morass it has become. America is a symptom of a much larger problem.....it thinks that it is a “Christian” nation when it’s actions are anything but “Christ like”.

As a nation, you don’t trust in God as you claim, but trust in your corrupt government leaders and your guns.....how is that working for you? If you “return evil for evil”, doesn’t that make you evil too?

When Jesus said that “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one” (1 John 5:19)....is America exempt for some reason? Your country has the highest rate of incarceration in the world and yet there are still more criminals on the street that in your jails....what is that telling you?

There are places where it's literally NOT safe for families to walk around at night, even I mostly avoid the big cities nowadays. Even BBC acknowledges that the most violent American cities are run by Democratic politicians nowadays. :(
It really has nothing to do with politics...people are led by the devil to do evil and they will get worse no matter who is in government, as we get closer to “the end”.....Bible prophesy says so. “Just like the days of Noah” before God was forced to intervene and bring that world to an end, so he is poised to do it again. (Matt24:37-39)

How can you believe that any brand of politics will ever make things better when “the whole world” is ruled by God’s adversary? (1 John 5:19) The power behind every political system in the world, is satan. His stamp is on everything and no human will ever be able to fix the monster that he created.....corrupt human rulership that emulates it’s true leader.
Power corrupts as it always has. God did not design man to direct his own step. (Jer 10:23)

I think we can ALL agree, Democrat or Republican or independent, that this country is undergoing serious spiritual sickness and illness nowadays.
Don’t look now, but the whole world is in the same state.....it’s not about politics....it’s the last days when Paul said...
“But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.” (2 Tim 3:1-5)

And here we are.....

Gandalf-

Nov 16, 2022
Marlboro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are partially correct, only partially because we in the united states of america, are far more demonic than you can possibly imagine. The truth is far more complicated than most can see, but we have always been demonic, but in the beginning there were genuine Christians here as well, who were merely the wheat growing amongst the tares. And while that is true of today as well, we now consist of much less wheat than ever, with a lot more fake Christians, hiding just how much more that we are mainly only tares today, with very little wheat at all.

Daniel 7:12 talks about the rest of the beasts ( the first three, ) and how their dominion was taken away, but they were given an extension of life was granted to them for a time and a season, usually translated similarly to the NASB, etc.., as something like "for an appointed period of time." But in Revelation 13:2 the beast that is coming out of the sea, hs it's body parts description being given as consisting of the first three beasts from Dan 7:3-6, but in the exact reverse order of said beasts from Dan 7: [ compare the beasts and their descriptions in Dan 7:3-6 with Rev 13:2 ] - And while in the Hebrew Dan 7:12 only says they will be given an extension of life for a time and a season, because the body parts of the beast in Rev 13:2 consist of the body parts of the 1st three easts in Dan 7: but in reverse order, apparently, even though not explicitly stated, when their appointed time and season was up, those three beasts appeared again on earth, in Type, to show us the world's transition to the eventual beast that arose from the sea in Rev 13: ?

The 1st beast, the Lion with the wings of an eagle, and it's wings were plucked from it, and it was lifted up from the ground, and made to stand on two feet like a man, and a human mind was given to it, - It was the American Revolution and the founding of the USA ( The Eagle, ) from Great Britain ( The Lion. ) And apparently as well when these three beasts showed up again, they also showed up, at least in Type, with the four horsemen of Rwv as well. And the 1st, the White horse, again was the founding of the USA, who went out conquering, and to conquer, but without any war / war details given? It apparently conquered with the mind of man given to it from it's Dan 7:4 description?

It conquered thru the Great Harlot being rebranded as Lady Liberty, and secular humanist Peace, with Liberty behind it all of course. Liberty as a celestial Lady and guide for reason and peace, always consumed the American Psyche. Liberty was always depicted and drawn on top of legal documents in the USA, from stock certificate headers, to anywhere else you could think of. And our coinage was always Greco-Roman Pagan, with Lady Liberty always found front and center within our coinage. And with our National Bank Note system artwork, Liberty and other pagan thought could always be found. But then when POTUS Woodrow Wilson brought us into the Federal Reserve system instead, with it's Federal Reserve currency, soon after eventually our $1 Dollar bill was transformed into Liberty's NWO great pyramid of one world unity, topped with the all seeing eye for God, in their pagan interpretation of what God was to them - rather than in truth.

The 2nd beast of Dan 7:12 to return was a little bit more complicated. Dan 7: had 4 beasts, and Dan 8: had 2 beasts. The 2 beasts of Dan 8: paralleled ( were the same, ) as the middle 2 beasts of Dan 7: - And so the 2nd and 3rd beast of Dan 7:, again as per their return in Dan 7:12, ( and the 2 beasts of Dan 8: ) - were A) WW I and WW II, and B ) the four representative powers of the Allies, who disintegrated into the power of their 4 heads after WW II, and the cold war. Dan 8: starts with it's beast being the Ram with two horns, and the latter horn being greater, as WW I and WW II in order. But as the 2nd beast in Dan 7:5 the bear with 3 ribs in it's mouth which was told to arise and devour much flesh, was the 3rd Reich specifically, and parallel to the 1st beast of Dan 8: being the Ram with 2 horns, being WW I leading to WW II as the greater specific fulfillment.

And the He-Goat, or male Goat, the 2nd beast in Dan 8: coming from across the sea from the west, to defeat the 1st beast . ram with 2 horns, was the Allies once the USA joined them and entered the war. And after the war ended and peace between the allies was over ( the beginning of the cold war, ) the allies were symbolically split into four heads, ( Alexander the Great all over again, or the 3rd beast from Dan 7:6, ) paralleled to the 2nd beast in Dan 8:

And as soon as WW II ended, and the Cold War began ( Alexander's power divided between his four top generals, ) Germany was divided, as Berlin was specifically dived into 4 as well, to be split, and each quarter specifically ruled by the USA, Great Britain, France, and the Soviet Union, ) we can clearly see all the fulfilment of the return of the beasts from Dan 7:12, and their gradual forging of the beast from the sea in Rev 13:

This is all my own interpretation. However how Demonic the USA has become, and thus has been abandoned by God, comes from this sermon by Pastor John Macarthur :

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a long thread on this forum about the death penalty.
You probably can find it.

I served in the army.
Don't get me going on this subject.
I should not have jumped in here in the first place.
Have a great day. Enjoy your freedom.
Thank you for your service.

God is a jealous God and a consuming fire, not just a God who loves, for the word speaks of things he HATES.

He knows how to judge us in righteousness in all our actions and words. He alone is able to discern our hearts!

Follow him and be blessed.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you think only people aged 25 should be allowed to use and own guns?​

Seems to be OK to fight a war when they are 18.
Yes, but those men and women who join the military after high school receive very extensive and special training under professionals for months and even years.

The average 19-year-old in a random city in America is quite different. They truly are almost NOTHING like the generation of young Americans who fought for freedom in the Second World War. I strongly recommend this book about the life of an Italian-American guy who joined the Air Force in the Pacific War at a young age and survived months of brutal torture at the hands of the Japanese.

And compare them with the young Americans of today. Half of them are offended and grow crazy with rage if you so much as slightly criticize abortion or Islam, but yet, they also seem to be the generation which has produced the MOST mass shootings. Yeah, not feeling too hopeful for our future myself to be honest right now. :(

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Illegal drugs have been illegal since before I was born but I can go to a city I've never been to before and within two hours .I could buy drugs. I did it when I worked undercover. What makes you think it would be any different with guns?

A Bama Fan and a Cop too? The world is coming to an end LOL! See you guys Wedneday Night ....

Noble profession ..... Cop part, not Bama Part ...LOL!

I understand the Australian part of not understanding ...Being an original Penal Colony and living upside down all the time, complicates the vision .......blood rushes to the head .....etc . Kidding of course ...

Never Fear ......Georgia was a Penal Colony as well ....

Never had a gun get up from the safe or from the case and shoot anyone. I have guns pulled on me all the time. First thing I look for is where the trigger finger is located.....

We are Americans .....we excuse everyone's stupidity all the time. It's in our nature ....But when trouble arises ....like the firefighter's climbing the stairs to the World Trade Center .....we are the first to arrive ...

Reactions: Gandalf- and RLT63

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Bama Fan and a Cop too? The world is coming to an end LOL! See you guys Wedneday Night ....

Noble profession ..... Cop part, not Bama Part ...LOL!

I understand the Australian part of not understanding ...Being an original Penal Colony and living upside down all the time, complicates the vision .......blood rushes to the head .....etc . Kidding of course ...

Never Fear ......Georgia was a Penal Colony as well ....

Never had a gun get up from the safe or from the case and shoot anyone. I have guns pulled on me all the time. First thing I look for is where the trigger finger is located.....

We are Americans .....we excuse everyone's stupidity all the time. It's in our nature ....But when trouble arises ....like the firefighter's climbing the stairs to the World Trade Center .....we are the first to arrive ...
Just read this yesterday, Biden's Department of Defense is actually trying to ban gun sales to anyone under 25: