Do you think violence against women (such as in the workplace) is a problem in American society?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think violence against women (such as in the workplace) is a problem in American society?

• Total voters

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of younger people and feminists these days are insisting that American culture promotes an intrinsic culture of inequality and assault against women, they are talking about this all the time on social media, and while I am not necessarily a big supporter of the "Me Too" movement per se, I do feel that this does seem to be a serious problem.

Was this always the case in America? Is America's situation more severe than those in Canada and other countries? It is 2021 - and you still read about all kinds of allegations and crimes against females in the news almost every day, which is very sad and shocking.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of younger people and feminists these days are insisting that American culture promotes an intrinsic culture of inequality and assault against women, they are talking about this all the time on social media, and while I am not necessarily a big supporter of the "Me Too" movement per se, I do feel that this does seem to be a serious problem.

Was this always the case in America? Is America's situation more severe than those in Canada and other countries? It is 2021 - and you still read about all kinds of allegations and crimes against females in the news almost every day, which is very sad and shocking.
I would think sexual harassment is a problem, but not violence.

Reactions: JazzyJeff15

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Louis, from what I see in the news, there is a lot of domestic violence but I don’t see anything regarding work-related violence though.
Just a week ago, there was a guy beating his wife at home and they had a camera which caught it all.
I don’t know why this happens but as you’ve mentioned in other threads, it’s most likely related to the atheism and anger and desperation in people, especially young people that in turn makes them commit violent acts. They have no hope and are in some dark places so they want to drag others with them.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you'll get a better scope of reality if you ask 20+ women with public jobs. I know all too well about domestic violence. But since I don't have a public job, I can't answer related to your specific question.

Friends of Jesus

Nov 25, 2021
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Shame the title is not
'Do you think violence against women (such as in the workplace) is a problem world wide.'

I am from the UK so i am not able to answer for the situation for just America. Sexual harassment here is a big concern in the UK although I would not put it past people here of being violent towards women.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the question is about domestic violence and violence in general .....why even ask? It's obvious just looking at society. Yes, violence against women is a HUGE problem ...not only in America but in the entire world.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think sexual harassment is a problem, but not violence.

Well, I meant "violence" quite broadly - both in physical assaults against women, and the other kind of violence. Both of which are sadly far from unheard of even today. I had thought Americans would have evolved beyond such heinous crimes against females, who should be cherished and honored, not disrespected and treated so badly. :(

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I meant "violence" quite broadly - both in physical assaults against women, and the other kind of violence. Both of which are sadly far from unheard of even today. I had thought Americans would have evolved beyond such heinous crimes against females, who should be cherished and honored, not disrespected and treated so badly. :(
As a male worker, I was sexually harassed under a female boss when I was young. But that's all I know about. But I do know a lot of the business leaders from years back engaged in sexual harassment as a tradition from their youth. Not all but some anyways. It's how they were raised.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a male worker, I was sexually harassed under a female boss when I was young. But that's all I know about. But I do know a lot of the business leaders from years back engaged in sexual harassment as a tradition from their youth. Not all but some anyways. It's how they were raised.

Perhaps so. The Cuomo allegations and the recent firing of his brother from CNN has again caused many people to discuss this kind of topic once again, lots of Democrats have become divided from those defending Cuomo to those attacking him. It seems in America, there are no end to these scandals and crimes, sadly enough, first the Hollywood accusations and now this. :(

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps so. The Cuomo allegations and the recent firing of his brother from CNN has again caused many people to discuss this kind of topic once again, lots of Democrats have become divided from those defending Cuomo to those attacking him. It seems in America, there are no end to these scandals and crimes, sadly enough, first the Hollywood accusations and now this. :(
Some people think it's OK to take what they want regardless of others. And that type of person, which describes a lot of business owners and management, can become a problem if that mentality is directed towards the women they work with. I've seem to always draw the line at work and stayed away from coworkers for the most part. I had one female coworker friend that I was attracted to, but she was in a relationship so we just hung out sometimes.

Reactions: LouisWilliams