From a lake somewhere in Canada

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not really sure what category to place this in.

Hello to all... I thought I would do a check-in since I have received several messages asking where I went. Today is the first time I have checked my messages. Thank you to those who were concerned for me. I am FINE.
I left this site at the end of April...angrier than I can remember being in a long time... It seems that a whole bunch of things were collecting in me ( negative things )... until I finally broke... and I needed time to calm down and cool down.

I don't know if my expectations of Christians are simply too high... or if I am just a miserable person to get along with but somehow.... I have come to see that I don't belong with so many people who call themselves Christians... and I will absolutely choose being alone over fellowship with those who make my heart sick.

I really don't care what people believe.... but I do care when it crosses over into dangerous information.... such as Christians and medication.
As for covid-19... Some will choose to get vaccinated and others won't... END of story. It is my opinion that these topics only serve to cause contention within the body. It seems... gone are the days of FREEDOM to choose... and that is not coming from the outside world... it's coming from Christian to Christian.

Someone made a comment just before I left about not being sure if they were still a Christian... I was able to relate to that for some reason... I find myself cringing at what people are calling Christianity... and yes I know... we are all imperfect... I guess my issue is with ATTITUDE... and that will probably be my issue till I die... I hate arrogance... it's beyond me how to deal with this.

I'm not interested in WHAT people think they KNOW... I came here for fellowship... and sadly... I found strife and negativity... and I let it get to me.

I have not decided what I am going to do yet... and to be honest... I am still angry... LOL... so posting at this time is probably not a good idea.. but I am happy to have at least responded to the private messages I received.

Be blessed everyone. There are some of you that I have deeply missed.

Tenderly.... Addy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Addy
Hello dear sister in the Lord. I wish I could say that all of the painful things and all of the errors and all of the undue pressures of those who are supposed to be like Jesus were all gone from this place, but it is not so. The work of God continues where He is allowed to work and another kind of work going in an opposite direction is unfortunately also still seen.

On the forum, in the churches and in all of our societies! Can we close our eyes and our ears and perceive only the good things of God? Even Jesus was unable to do that...

"Jesus wept" John 11:35

I really would like to see everyone called Christian weeping as Jesus was weeping... but the believers also retain their own measure of selfishness. When will we overcome it all? Jesus overcame the last dregs of the attractions and desires of his own flesh here in Gethsemane:

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

Can we do that... any of us? No, not alone, but this why we must surrender to Him continuously repeatedly until it becomes as it was with Jesus after that third Gethsemane prayer... From there Jesus went to the cross.... and we...?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus ... Good morning to you my dear one... You are definitely one of those I have missed.

The break has been good for me... and to be honest... I am not quite sure WHY I chose to sign in this morning after so long away... I actually expected my account to have been deleted as I did request that... and once I was signed in... I noticed several private messages waiting for me... so I responded to them.

Whether I stay or go is not big deal... I am one person... but for me the consequence of staying or going is EXTREME... as I truly have minimal fellowship outside these forums... ( which was why I initially joined last Spring )... Perhaps that is why I am deeply weighing the pros and cons.

I have once again learned much... but as I stated... I am still angry... therefore I believe it is best to stay in my QUIET place for now. I absolutely love being alone... and that makes places like this much more challenging for me... Too much noise bothers me... too many opinions overwhelms me.... and arrogance is something that drives me around the bend... Try as I might... I am not able to work that out... therefore... it would seem that there are certain types of people who do not THRIVE or even do well in settings such as this... I am thinking I might be one of those.

It's all good... I just wanted to let people know that I am FINE.

Kisses to your precious heart dear brother. Love, Addy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus ... Good morning to you my dear one... You are definitely one of those I have missed.

The break has been good for me... and to be honest... I am not quite sure WHY I chose to sign in this morning after so long away... I actually expected my account to have been deleted as I did request that... and once I was signed in... I noticed several private messages waiting for me... so I responded to them.

Whether I stay or go is not big deal... I am one person... but for me the consequence of staying or going is EXTREME... as I truly have minimal fellowship outside these forums... ( which was why I initially joined last Spring )... Perhaps that is why I am deeply weighing the pros and cons.

I have once again learned much... but as I stated... I am still angry... therefore I believe it is best to stay in my QUIET place for now. I absolutely love being alone... and that makes places like this much more challenging for me... Too much noise bothers me... too many opinions overwhelms me.... and arrogance is something that drives me around the bend... Try as I might... I am not able to work that out... therefore... it would seem that there are certain types of people who do not THRIVE or even do well in settings such as this... I am thinking I might be one of those.

It's all good... I just wanted to let people know that I am FINE.

Kisses to your precious heart dear brother. Love, Addy

Kinda feel that way too. Like on one side, forums seem unhealthy for me personally mental health wise. It is very easy to listen to the wrong things and it gets confusing at times. Then on the other hand, with the covid epidemic, seems like with lockdown forums were a life saver. And there are a lot of good people on site. It can be an encouragement to me and at the same time a major stumbling block. We haven't really talked all that much and I am not too often in the debate/theology threads anymore. But thanks for sharing your thoughts and it is good for you to drop in and say hello. Bless you sister.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not really sure what category to place this in.

Hello to all... I thought I would do a check-in since I have received several messages asking where I went. Today is the first time I have checked my messages. Thank you to those who were concerned for me. I am FINE.
I left this site at the end of April...angrier than I can remember being in a long time... It seems that a whole bunch of things were collecting in me ( negative things )... until I finally broke... and I needed time to calm down and cool down.

I don't know if my expectations of Christians are simply too high... or if I am just a miserable person to get along with but somehow.... I have come to see that I don't belong with so many people who call themselves Christians... and I will absolutely choose being alone over fellowship with those who make my heart sick.

I really don't care what people believe.... but I do care when it crosses over into dangerous information.... such as Christians and medication.
As for covid-19... Some will choose to get vaccinated and others won't... END of story. It is my opinion that these topics only serve to cause contention within the body. It seems... gone are the days of FREEDOM to choose... and that is not coming from the outside world... it's coming from Christian to Christian.

Someone made a comment just before I left about not being sure if they were still a Christian... I was able to relate to that for some reason... I find myself cringing at what people are calling Christianity... and yes I know... we are all imperfect... I guess my issue is with ATTITUDE... and that will probably be my issue till I die... I hate arrogance... it's beyond me how to deal with this.

I'm not interested in WHAT people think they KNOW... I came here for fellowship... and sadly... I found strife and negativity... and I let it get to me.

I have not decided what I am going to do yet... and to be honest... I am still angry... LOL... so posting at this time is probably not a good idea.. but I am happy to have at least responded to the private messages I received.

Be blessed everyone. There are some of you that I have deeply missed.

Tenderly.... Addy
Addy...I understand your frustration. If you would like to join a zoom group which is not accusative, is thoughtful and affirms its participants, let me know and I'll get details to you