Genesis 1:26 Revisited, the Ordinal “FIRST”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
look, for the Last time, yes, I believe that there is a Son of God. is that clear enough?
You twisted my question. Which clearly means that you do not believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
now having said that, let me ask you a question, a simple question, is that Son of God is the same person who is God, in flesh, yes or no?. ... (smile).
Absolutely! Now your turn, yes or no?
It's a yes or no question.
Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You twisted my question. Which clearly means that you do not believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

Absolutely! Now your turn, yes or no?
It's a yes or no question.
Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God?
I just answered you. re-read Post #220

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG
It's clear you do not believe Jesus is the Son of God, because that would make "God the Father" as the NT says 16 times.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are "we". And yet you reject Gen 1:26 and Matt 28.
I'm not God........ oh Did I say that? .... lol, lol, lol. :D YIKES.

and two, kcnalp, you answered the Genesis 1:26 question, listen to yourself.... 101G said, "now having said that, let me ask you a question, a simple question, is that Son of God is the same person who is God, in flesh, yes or no?. ... (smile)." you said, "Absolutely!"

(smile), case closed.

It's clear you do not believe Jesus is the Son of God, because that would make "God the Father" as the NT says 16 times.
Jesus is the Son of God, because that would make "God the Father" YES, diversified in flesh... out of your own mouth... :D

Another successful sabotage operation.

PICJAG

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG
My question:
"Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God? It's a very simple question.

Your answer:
"look, for the Last time, yes, I believe that there is a Son of God. is that clear enough?"

You twisted the heck out of my question! You clearly don't believe that Jesus is "the Son of God".

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question:
"Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God? It's a very simple question.

Your answer:
"look, for the Last time, yes, I believe that there is a Son of God. is that clear enough?"

You twisted the heck out of my question! You clearly don't believe that Jesus is "the Son of God".
see Post #220 again, but and read it slow... ok.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said, "WE suggest you re-read post #213 again on the Son of God, which is God in flesh."

Who is "we"?
first thanks for the reply, the "we" is the Holy Spirit in us .

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE BAPTISM OF THE LORD JESUS, IN FLESH.

@kcnalp,
you argue for, the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit, as well as many other. ok, no problem.

but many error when they say all three persons was at the Lord's Baptism. well let the Lord, who was baptized speak for himself, for it is written, John 5:37 "And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape." (well this statement is after the baptism).
this statement is true, for we have only seen his TRUE image, which is Man, another of himself in flesh. but the Lord Jesus said, which is very clear, "Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.". well this ends the Lie, that it was the Father's voice at his Baptism. John truly got it right, "a" voice".

PICJAG

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE BAPTISM OF THE LORD JESUS, IN FLESH.

@kcnalp,
you argue for, the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit, as well as many other. ok, no problem.

but many error when they say all three persons was at the Lord's Baptism. well let the Lord, who was baptized speak for himself, for it is written, John 5:37 "And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape." (well this statement is after the baptism).
this statement is true, for we have only seen his TRUE image, which is Man, another of himself in flesh. but the Lord Jesus said, which is very clear, "Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.". well this ends the Lie, that it was the Father's voice at his Baptism. John truly got it right, "a" voice".

PICJAG
Who was present at Jesus' baptism?

And who was present when Jesus spoke later?

And did all those present at Jesus' baptism hear the Father speak from heaven? I know later a voice would speak to Jesus from heaven, and not all had the same experience.

Aren't you making some assumptions about this?

Much love!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who was present at Jesus' baptism?

And who was present when Jesus spoke later?

And did all those present at Jesus' baptism hear the Father speak from heaven? I know later a voice would speak to Jesus from heaven, and not all had the same experience.

Aren't you making some assumptions about this?

Much love!
first thanks for your reply, second, no. no assumption. just as you assumed, listen to what you said, "And did all those present at Jesus' baptism hear the Father speak from heaven?" the bible never said that the voice from heaven was the Father's voice. the bible said, "A" Voice. and many of the belife, of three persons of God states that it was the Father's voice, just as you did in your statement above. the bible never said that nor the Lord Jesus.

so if there is any assumption it's on those who believe in three persons of God, just as they assume the "us", and the "our" in Genesis 1:26 is more than one present in the creation of man, when it was prophetic only.

PICJAG

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for your reply, second, no. no assumption. just as you assumed, listen to what you said, "And did all those present at Jesus' baptism hear the Father speak from heaven?" the bible never said that the voice from heaven was the Father's voice. the bible said, "A" Voice. and many of the belife, of three persons of God states that it was the Father's voice, just as you did in your statement above. the bible never said that nor the Lord Jesus.

so if there is any assumption it's on those who believe in three persons of God, just as they assume the "us", and the "our" in Genesis 1:26 is more than one present in the creation of man, when it was prophetic only.

PICJAG
This is my son . . .

I'm curious . . . who would be able to say that, and be telling the truth?

I'm not making an assumption, I'm making an inference. That's different.

Much love!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my son . . .

I'm curious . . . who would be able to say that, and be telling the truth?

I'm not making an assumption, I'm making an inference. That's different.

Much love!
first thanks for the reply, no curiosity. so let's make an inference. when God did tempt Abraham, listen, Genesis 22:1 "And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am."Genesis 22:2 "And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of."

Genesis 22:10 "And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son." now watch this Marks... Genesis 22:12 "And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me."

two question for you marks.

#1. who is the ME here in the Verse.

#2. who was Speaking from Heaven saying, "seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me."

Please answer both of those question for me Marks.

thanks in advance.

PICJAG

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, no curiosity. so let's make an inference. when God did tempt Abraham, listen, Genesis 22:1 "And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am."Genesis 22:2 "And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of."

Genesis 22:10 "And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son." now watch this Marks... Genesis 22:12 "And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me."

two question for you marks.

#1. who is the ME here in the Verse.

#2. who was Speaking from Heaven saying, "seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me."

Please answer both of those question for me Marks.

thanks in advance.

PICJAG
You didn't respond to my post.

Who can truthfully call someone their son?

My observation is an inference, not an assumption. This means to reach a conclusion based on the evidence.

Much love!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't respond to my post.

Who can truthfully call someone their son?

My observation is an inference, not an assumption. This means to reach a conclusion based on the evidence.

Much love!
you missed the point Marks. it makes no different of the words, but who spoke them, I answered you in an example. listen, it was the angel answering Abraham from heaven. Genesis 22:11 "And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I."
Genesis 22:12 "And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me."

Marks did Abraham witheld his son, his "only"... "BELOVED" Son from the angel or God? answer God, for it was God who told Abraham to offer him there for a burnt offering, and not the Angel of the Lord. but it was the Angel of the LORD WHO "SPOKE" from heaven on behalf of God.

see my point NOW? it was the angel speaking for God from heaven. so the bible is right when it said "a" voice from heaven said........ not that it was the Father's voice. as said, never assume, not "ADD" or "TAKE AWAY", from the word of God. see you want to know, "Who can truthfully call someone their son?" that's not the point, but WHO said it.

do you understand now?

PICJAG

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it was the angel speaking for God from heaven.
An angel is a messenger, and does not mean explicitly "created being".

It seems that you are thinking that since this is an angel speaking, that it means it cannot be God speaking, but I don't assume that to be the case.

Now, you might ask, How can someone be their own messenger? The Angel of the LORD, that is, the Messenger of the LORD, Who would be incarnated in Jesus. That an Angel spoke as if He were God Himself, I have no difficulty with that. I see this all over the Bible.

But simply stated, I fail to see how this provides any cause to interpret the words spoken at Jesus' baptism in any way other than they appear. This is My beloved Son. The Heavenly Father can say that.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Who can truthfully call someone their son?" that's not the point, but WHO said it.
That IS the point, and tells you Who said it.

Do you see how in your argument against the Trinity you are willing to call TRUTH unimportant?

Much love!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An angel is a messenger, and does not mean explicitly "created being".
correct he bring a mesage... "speak"
It seems that you are thinking that since this is an angel speaking, that it means it cannot be God speaking, but I don't assume that to be the case.
no need to think, just read the scripture, it was the angel speaking for God.
Now, you might ask, How can someone be their own messenger?
just ask youself, don't you talk to yourself?

PICJAG