• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So what is the OP doing? The very thing which the trinitarian commentary contained in the NET warns against - reading later trinitarianism into the text.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So what is the OP doing? The very thing which the trinitarian commentary contained in the NET warns against - reading later trinitarianism into the text.

What the OP is doing is helping those who have been deceived by "trinitarian commentary".

The OP is also showing the real bible students, who use a bible and not "scholarship" as their Theology how simple it is to understand..

1.) US

2.) OUR

-
New International Version
Then God said, “Let US make mankind in OUR image,
New Living Translation
Then God said, “Let US make human beings in OUR image,
English Standard Version
Then God said, “Let US make man in OUR image,
Berean Standard Bible
King James Bible
And God said, Let US make man in OUR image,
New King James Version

And once you can count to "2", its nearly impossible not to add the Holy Spirit to the "2".
But, not everyone is willing to believe a bible and not everyone can count to 2.
The "OP" has no control over the ignorance of those who can't count and also don't believe the Genesis account of the "Trinity".

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What the OP is doing is helping those who have been deceived by "trinitarian commentary".

The OP is also showing the real bible students, who use a bible and not "scholarship" as their Theology how simple it is to understand..

1.) US

2.) OUR

-
New Living Translation
English Standard Version
Berean Standard Bible
King James Bible
New King James Version

And once you can count to "2", its nearly impossible not to add the Holy Spirit to the "2".
But, not everyone is willing to believe a bible and not everyone can count to 2.
The "OP" has no control over the ignorance of those who can't count and also don't believe the Genesis account of the "Trinity".

Your message to readers: Beware trinitarian commentary. Listen to my commentary. Those who don’t are ignorant, etc.

This reader has already told you what he thinks about your commentary. Maybe others will find it persuasive.

P.S.

A reminder to readers: My advice is to read everything thoughtfully and critically. Just because an author is trinitarian - or non-trinitarian - doesn’t make an author right or wrong. There’s much more to it than that.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jesus and the apostles, like Moses, are Jews. Trinitarianism comes to us from the Church in post-biblical times, not from the Jews.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1.) US

2.) OUR

-
New Living Translation
English Standard Version
Berean Standard Bible
King James Bible
New King James Version

We will always have the doubting Thomas's among us.

Just as Thomas seen with His own eyes and said, "My Lord and my God," so will they bow the knee and say the same when they see Him. I believe they will gladly say it when they have that proof.

Some of us already see it by faith through Scripture, but they will have to see it for themselves.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your message to readers: Beware trinitarian commentary. Listen to my commentary. .

Not at all.
I also included all "Scholarship"....
You left that out..

And, my THREAD is related to the multi-threading that exists on this forum, whereby people like you try to teach that there is no Trinity.
So, its a good thing, and certainly a fair situation to find a Thread that does not try to keep believers from the Truth.

Just look at one simple verse.

1 Timothy 3:16, says that GOD, was manifested in the Flesh.

That is GOD, as Jesus the Man, virgin born.

You dont need a library of Scholars to help you understand something that the verse proves.

Its exactly the same with John 1:10.. As this verse says that the WORLD, was created Through Jesus.

So, i can post many verses that are indisputable, but, those who are "cult led", will not be willing to just trust their Bible.

Your bible says, IN Genesis that ... "Let US....make Man.., in OUR, image".

That is 2, as "US and OUR" is not singular, is not "ONE".

So, If there is a fringe of Scholarship that denotes itself as the "authority" and denies this, then that scholarship is not truth.
You have to figure this out, Matthias., and i have showed you how.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not at all.
I also included all "Scholarship"....
You left that out..

And, my THREAD is related to the multi-threading that exists on this forum, whereby people like you try to teach that there is no Trinity.
So, its a good thing, and certainly a fair situation to find a Thread that does not try to keep believers from the Truth.

Just look at one simple verse.

1 Timothy 3:16, says that GOD, was manifested in the Flesh.

That is GOD, as Jesus the Man, virgin born.

You dont need a library of Scholars to help you understand something that the verse proves.

Its exactly the same with John 1:10.. As this verse says that the WORLD, was created Through Jesus.

So, i can post many verses that are indisputable, but, those who are "cult led", will not be willing to just trust their Bible.

Your bible says, IN Genesis that ... "Let US....make Man.., in OUR, image".

That is 2, as "US and OUR" is not singular, is not "ONE".

So, If there is a fringe of Scholarship that denotes itself as the "authority" and denies this, then that scholarship is not truth.
You have to figure this out, Matthias., and i have showed you how.

I thought you presented your position on and against scholarship quite clearly.

My advice to readers remains the same: Read widely. Read deeply. Read thoughtfully. Read critically.

I apply that to everything I read, including what you’ve written.

Proposition: “Moses is a trinitarian.”

That’s either historically accurate or it’s not.

Proposition: “The religion of Moses is Judaism.”

Proposition: “Judaism is a trinitarian religion.”

Proposition: “The source of trinitarianism is the Church.”

Proposition: “The source of trinitarianism is Christianity.”

Read history. Read the history of Judaism. Read the history of the Church. Read the history of Christianity. Read the Bible.

Read trinitarian scholars. Read non-trinitarian scholars. Read people who are opposed to scholars.

Read. Think carefully and critically about what you’re reading.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I thought you presented your position on and against scholarship quite clearly.

My advice to readers remains the same: Read widely. Read deeply. Read thoughtfully. Read critically.

I read a lot.
But here is the thing about "Scholars"...
God does not call them into that ministry.
Read about the ministries that God created to complete the believer..... "Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor, Teacher," etc....
NO "scholars". NO "Popes".
Why?
Because that is an EGO Driven appointment...where the Person wants to be KNOWN as a "Scholar" or "Pope"... so that you will TRUST them.
Whereas....The Call of God, is not the person's device. Its not man made.
Its God given....this anointing.
See the difference?

Also,

I teach all my students to listen carefully, then Check with Paul's epistles and listen when you ask God about it if you have a question.

= "Listening Prayer" is real prayer.

Asking for the same thing 245 times, is not real prayer.

We do not live by bread alone but by/on every word that comes out of the mouth of God.

Where is that? = The HOLY Bible.....but be sure you are using a Legit Bible as many are best suited for a dumpter.

Also you read one of my Trinity Proofs.
I have another, a few, and i posted another on a "Trinity related" Thread.

Its more succinct.

Its this..

God created Adam out of Dirt, and He BREATHED the Holy Spirit into Adam, who then became Alive.
This is Genesis 2:7

Notice "God Breathed" = The Spirit, as only God who IS the Holy Spirit, can share it with us.

Then you read John 20:22. It says that the Risen Christ "BREATHED" on the remaining Apostles , and said """" RECEIVE YE the HOLY SPIRIT"...
And they Did.

A.) = Only GOD can give the HOLY SPIRIT... and He did it in Genesis 2:7....and again in..... John 20:22

Jesus is God manifested IN... THE.... Flesh.

Believe it.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“The fact that this is one of the rare times where ha elohim, God, the God, has a plural verb, the fact that occurs, says nothing in terms of the nature of God. You have grammatical peculiarities all through the torah, and all through the Hebrew Bible and, and grammatical anomalies. That, that just happens with ancient languages and dialects, and, and even transmission of texts and things like that. So to try to read something into it is, is to really butcher the Hebrew to be honest. It’s to butcher the larger context and it’s to try to take a grammatical anomaly now to, to make a mountain over something that’s like a grain of sand.”
That is the problem with relying primarily on language that has been confused (by God), rather than discerning the words spiritually.

God being One does not exclude the reality that He also has many names and is present in many ways.

If anything, Three is not enough.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I read a lot.
But here is the thing about "Scholars"...
God does not call them into that ministry.
Read the ministries that God created.... "Prophet, Evangelist, Teacher," etc....
NO "scholars". NO "Popes".
Why?
Because that is an EGO Driven appointment...where the Person wants to be KNOWN as a "Scholar" or "Pope"... so that you will TRUST them.
Whereas....The Call of God, is not the person's device. Its not man made.
Its God given....this anointing.
See the difference?

Also,

I teach all my students to listen carefully, then Check with Paul's epistles and listen when you ask God about it if you have a question.

= "Listening Prayer" is real prayer.

Asking for the same thing 245 times, is not real prayer.

We do not live by bread alone but by/on every word that comes out of the mouth of God.

Where is that? = The HOLY Bible.....but be sure you are using a Legit Bible as many are best suited for a dumpter.

Also you read one of my Trinity Proofs.
I have another, that i posted on another "Trinity related" Thread.

Its more succinct.

Its this..

God created Adam out of Dirt, and He BREATHED the Holy Spirit into Adam, who then became Alive.
This is Genesis 2:7

Notice "God BREATHED" = The Spirit, as only God who IS the Holy Spirit, can share it with us.

Then you read John 20:22. It says that the Risen Christ "BREATHED" on the remaining Apostles , and said """" RECEIVE YE the HOLY SPIRIT"...
And they Did.

A.) = Only GOD can give the HOLY SPIRIT... and He did it in Genesis 2:7....and again in..... John 20:22

Jesus is God manifested IN... THE.... Flesh.

Believe it.

You believe Moses is a trinitarian. Do you also believe Jesus is a trinitarian?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That is the problem with relying primarily on language that has been confused (by God), rather than discerning the words spiritually.

My position is that God communicates with us using words that we can understand.

God being One does not exclude the reality that He also has many names and is present in many ways. If anything, Three is not enough.

More than three persons?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My position is that God communicates with us using words that we can understand.
That is contrary to what the scriptures say...which is that God himself purposely confused all language in such a way that the scriptures must be spiritually discerned. I mean, at this late hour we should know better than to study to know the scriptures in the same way the Pharisees did, who became as fools.
More than three persons?
How many names does God have? How many ways is God known, and made Himself known? And having introduced Himself and in the fulness of time also introducing the primary One by name calling Him "Him" and "Son"; who in turn did likewise introducing "another" also calling Him "He", indeed, that count of three are the only three with the power of God who have been introduced and named in this God-given way. Knowing this and that God in fact has many other names, I have indeed said and do mean--there is no error in referring to God by His own revealing of the Three, and yes, even more, should He reveal more.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That is contrary to what the scriptures say...which is that God himself purposely confused all language in such a way that the scriptures must be spiritually discerned. I mean, at this late hour we should know better than to study to know the scriptures in the same way the Pharisees did, who became as fools.

Let’s go with your position, for the sake of discussion: God does not communicate with us using language that we can understand.

Spiritual discernment: You’ve got it; so you say. What is it?

How many names does God have? How many ways is God known, and made Himself known? And having introduced the primary One by name calling Him "Him"; who in turn did likewise introducing "another" also calling Him "He"...that count of three are the only three with the power of God who have been introduced and named in this God-given way. Knowing this and that God in fact has many other names, I have indeed said and do mean--there is no error in referring to God by His own revealing of the Three, and yes, even more, should He reveal more.

I recognize your argument. A number of years ago I spoke with a trinitarian on a discussion forum who said God could be 1,000,000 persons.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s go with your position, for the sake of discussion: God does not communicate with us using language that we can understand.

Spiritual discernment: You’ve got it; so you say. What is it?
It is seeing and hearing what is written with spiritual eyes and ears rather than worldly, literary, or academic eyes and ears. Which one does not have without having been born again of the spirit of God. This is exactly what Jesus was referring to when He told Peter how He would build His church--that being by the word from the Father, rather than that of flesh and blood.

I recognize your argument. A number of years ago I spoke with a trinitarian on a discussion forum who said God could be 1,000,000 persons.
Is that not the prayer of Christ, that even we all who are given to Him should also be One as they are One? And is it not written, "You have increased the nation, O Lord, You have increased the nation; You are glorified?" Indeed, it is!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It is seeing and hearing what is written with spiritual eyes and ears rather than worldly, literary, or academic eyes and ears. Which one does not have without having been born again of the spirit of God. This is exactly what Jesus was referring to when He told Peter how He would build His church--that being by the word from the Father, rather than that of flesh and blood.

So you have the spirit of God, are born again, can and do understand that which God did not communicate in language that can be understood by us. Is that right?

Is that not the prayer of Christ, that even we all who are given to Him should also be One as they are One? And is it not written, "You have increased the nation, O Lord, You have increased the nation; You are glorified?" Indeed, it is!

It sounds like you are saying that you and everyone like you will be the additional persons who is God. Is that what you’re saying?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you have the spirit of God, are born again and can understand that which God did not communicate in language that can be understood by us. Is that right?
I am born again, yes. And yes I can understand God...but it is not that it is not what is written, but rather what is only seen spiritually. Nothing has been withheld in what is written, but all has not been revealed. A good example would be the mystery of marriage which was from the beginning, but not fully revealed until it was given to Paul to make it know that it pointed to the relationship we have with Christ the Bridegroom.

It sounds like you are saying that you and everyone like you will be the additional persons who is God. Is that what you’re saying?
In a manner of speaking, yes. But I am not making that claim of myself, but according to the prayer of Christ, and the word from God since the beginning, who created man in His own image and then added the image of Oneness with the addition of Eve being taken out of the man created in His own image, calling them one flesh.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I am born again, yes. And yes I can understand God...but it is not that it is not what is written, but rather what is only seen spiritually. Nothing has been withheld in what is written, but all has not been revealed. A good example would be the mystery of marriage which was from the beginning, but not fully revealed until it was given to Paul to make it know that it pointed to the relationship we have with Christ the Bridegroom.

In a manner of speaking, yes. But I am not making that claim of myself, but according to the prayer of Christ, and the word from God since the beginning, who created man in His own image and then added the image of Oneness with the addition of Eve being taken out of the man created in His own image, calling them one flesh.

Thanks for confirming.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't Post cult videos on my Thread.
Post them on yours.
Thx.

Now look again.

JESUS, said...

Baptize them in the :

1.) Name of the Father
2.) The Son
3.) The Holy Ghost

Why?
Because these 3, are ONE.

Jesus said... "if you've seen me, you've SEEN the FATHER".

Why? Because its True.
Dr. Brown isn't a cultist, but a Christian scholar who teaches trinitarian doctrine (or at least did for the last decade or so).
The doctrinal point is that the trinity is not 3 gods, but traditionally recognized as one God manifest in 3 persons, consequently Elohim, the plural form of Elohe, still refers to the One God. It is possibly the most essential concept in defining Christianity that Jesus the Christ is indeed the same God as the Father, the immortal invisible God incarnated in a tabernacle of flesh.
Dr. Brown, being a Jewish born again believer, has devoted one day a week to answering messianic questions from the Jewish viewpoint, but has repeatedly made the great confession that Jesus is LORD on multiple broadcasts.
The premise that this podcast was made to deny the traditional understanding of the "trinity" is disingenuous to say the least.
The real problem has always been a basic misunderstanding or miscommunication of the trinity that portrays the godhead as divided based upon the "roles" of judge, advocate, redeemer, high priest, etc.
The Bible uses adversarial terms for the expression of our justification and redemption, but clearly uses many of the same "titles" in application to the God of the covenant and to our Lord, because they are the same God and Creator.
The cults have a problem with this, but our Lord never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.