• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did the passage mean to Moses?

What does it matter?
Much of Scripture was Kept hidden from OT men.
They were like babes, and WHY parents are up in arms against schools teaching 1st graders about sex and encouraging transgenders.

Gods Order and Way has always been, learning Knowledge, bit by bit, little by little.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What does it matter?
Much of Scripture was Kept hidden from OT men.
They were like babes, and WHY parents are up in arms against schools teaching 1st graders about sex and encouraging transgenders.

Gods Order and Way has always been, learning Knowledge, bit by bit, little by little.

What does it matter to you that you don’t believe about God what Moses believed about God?

The positive I see in your position is that you allow Moses to be what he is - a non-trinitarian. That’s better than turning Moses into something he isn’t - a trinitarian.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

What do you say to the trinitarian who says “Three is not enough”? and what does it matter?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jesus himself has a God. His God is only one person. Jesus isn’t a trinitarian. Jesus is a non-trinitarian, and his God is the same God who is Moses’ God.

Let’s ask @Taken’s excellent question: What does it matter?

Reactions: APAK

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
”1. The one God. (a) theos is the most frequent designation of God in the NT. Belief in the one, only and unique God (Matt. 23:9; Rom. 3:30; 1 Cor. 8:4,6; Gal. 3:20; 1 Tim. 2:5; Jas. 2:19) is an established part of Christian tradition. Jesus himself made the fundamental confession of Jud. his own and expressly quoted the Shema (Deut. 6:4-5; see Mk. 12:29-30; cf. Matt. 22:37; Lk. 10:27). This guaranteed continuity between the old and the new covenants. The God whom Christians worship is the God of the fathers (Acts 3:13; 5:30; 22:14), the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Acts 3:13; 7:32; cf. Matt. 22:32; Mk. 12:26; Lk. 20:37), the God of Israel (Matt. 15:31; Lk. 1:68; Acts 13:17), and the God of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 1:3; Eph. 1:3; 1Pet. 1:3).”

(New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology, Abridged Edition, p. 244)

What does it matter?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Invalid comparison.

Thomas wasn’t doubting a non existent doctrine.

He was doubting that Jesus rose from the dead.

So please…

Thomas doubted more that the resurrection! When He seen for his own eyes, two things happened.

Christ did rise from the dead, and He is God! That's why he said "my Lord (risen Lord) and my God (Deity).

Reactions: mailmandan

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it matter to you that you don’t believe about God what Moses believed about God?

The positive I see in your position is that you allow Moses to be what he is - a non-trinitarian. That’s better than turning Moses into something he isn’t - a trinitarian.

The World over complicates things which in many cases sets the climate for communication and misunderstanding confusion. Synonyms, Acronyms, Upper case, Lower case, the word “god” having multiple applications, antonyms turned into synonyms. The multiple cultures, and cultures within cultures divided up by “age and maturity” levels, for a brief example.

I believe Moses believed in The Heavenly Lord God Almighty; His word of truth, He the creator, He the spiritual power.
Specific “names” for each attribute? No.

Trinity is simply a word. Prefix of tri, meaning three, united in one completion. The thoughts, ideas, words, will, power, always in agreement.
In modern attempts to over explain “individuals” meaning of “trinity”, there goes it into confusion.

Jesus made it simple, saying God was His Father, because Jesus came forth out from Him, and that He and His Father “are” One.
And that God is mans Father, because God Created man.
And then we discover, God not only Creates, but then Makes something Unique about His Creations, and the Making is attributed to something which Gods named Jesus.
And then we discover, the Creating and Making is all attributed to the Creator and Maker being the Supreme All-mighty Powerful force, which God named Christ.

The confusion attributed to men, is trying to explain the ONE God, with terms of PERSON, which IS a HUMAN, which God IS NOT. And multiplying the confusion IS men MAKING God THREE PERSONS, (which factually would be THREE CREATED and MADE Earthly HUMANS), but, but, but....really God is ONLY ONE God, and HAS THREE PERSONS? which only one is Human....blah, blah, blah....That is about as clear and sharp as a marble.

One singular Human man has ideas, wills, words, power, and spends the majority of his natural bodily life, and supernatural soul life in disagreement within himself.
And big pharma, is a testament to that, by the statical number of people regularly taking drugs for their .... anxiety, bipolar, blah, blah, blah....scientific names broadly called “mental illness”.

Anyway, that is my brief view.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you say to the trinitarian who says “Three is not enough”? and what does it matter?

Basically the only one who can define you is you.
God is many things. He defines Himself.

Reactions: ScottA

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The World over complicates things which in many cases sets the climate for communication and misunderstanding confusion. Synonyms, Acronyms, Upper case, Lower case, the word “god” having multiple applications, antonyms turned into synonyms. The multiple cultures, and cultures within cultures divided up by “age and maturity” levels, for a brief example.

I believe Moses believed in The Heavenly Lord God Almighty; His word of truth, He the creator, He the spiritual power.
Specific “names” for each attribute? No.

Trinity is simply a word. Prefix of tri, meaning three, united in one completion. The thoughts, ideas, words, will, power, always in agreement.
In modern attempts to over explain “individuals” meaning of “trinity”, there goes it into confusion.

Jesus made it simple, saying God was His Father, because Jesus came forth out from Him, and that He and His Father “are” One.
And that God is mans Father, because God Created man.
And then we discover, God not only Creates, but then Makes something Unique about His Creations, and the Making is attributed to something which Gods named Jesus.
And then we discover, the Creating and Making is all attributed to the Creator and Maker being the Supreme All-mighty Powerful force, which God named Christ.

The confusion attributed to men, is trying to explain the ONE God, with terms of PERSON, which IS a HUMAN, which God IS NOT. And multiplying the confusion IS men MAKING God THREE PERSONS, (which factually would be THREE CREATED and MADE Earthly HUMANS), but, but, but....really God is ONLY ONE God, and HAS THREE PERSONS? which only one is Human....blah, blah, blah....That is about as clear and sharp as a marble.

One singular Human man has ideas, wills, words, power, and spends the majority of his natural bodily life, and supernatural soul life in disagreement within himself.
And big pharma, is a testament to that, by the statical number of people regularly taking drugs for their .... anxiety, bipolar, blah, blah, blah....scientific names broadly called “mental illness”.

Anyway, that is my brief view.

Thanks. What does it matter?

Random man, to Jesus - “Hey, Jesus. My God isn’t your God.”

Jesus, to random man - “What does it matter?”

Random man, to Jesus - “It doesn’t matter.”

Jesus, to random man -

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You believe Moses is a trinitarian. Do you also believe Jesus is a trinitarian?

I have no idea what Moses believed about the Trinity, as this Theological concept came along thousands of years after Moses died.

If i could interview Moses, im sure He would agree that God is the Father, Christ is the Word made flesh, and the Holy Spirit is them both.
He might not call this the "Trinity", but im certain He would agree that those 3 are One.

If i asked him..>"do you believe Jesus was telling the truth when He said...>"If you've SEEN ME.... you've SEEN the Father"......Moses would say... Ive seen them both.... and they are indeed 2 who are ONE.

A.) "let US make man in OUR image"..

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have no idea what Moses believed about the Trinity, as this Theological concept came along thousands of years after Moses died.

If i could interview Moses, im sure He would agree that God is the Father, Christ is the Word made flesh, and the Holy Spirit is them both.
He might not call this the "Trinity", but im certain He would agree that those 3 are One.

If i asked him..>"do you believe Jesus was telling the truth when He said...>"If you've SEEN ME.... you've SEEN the Father"......Moses would say... Ive seen them both.... and they are indeed 2 who are ONE.

A.) "let US make man in OUR image"..

You had me at “I have no idea”. You sealed the deal when you elaborated “this Theological concept came along thousands of years after Moses died.”

Then you began to speculate about what Moses would believe.

You’re sure Moses would agree with you. I’m sure Moses would agree with Jesus.

Jesus himself isn’t a trinitarian.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No, Moses was a Hebrew and a Levite. The term Jew didn't even exist until after the kingdom of Israel was split into the kingdoms of Israel and Judah during the reign of Solomon's son, Rehoboam.

“Moses isn’t a Jew” is on the same plane as “Moses is a trinitarian.”

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How ancient is Judaism? When and where did the religion begin? Is Judaism trinitarian?

Is King David a Jew?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. What does it matter?

Random man, to Jesus - “Hey, Jesus. My God isn’t your God.”

Jesus, to random man - “What does it matter?”

Random man, to Jesus - “It doesn’t matter.”

Jesus, to random man -

Why it doesn’t matter to me...?
I don’t see a believer in the Lord God Almighty and Moses having a debate they believe in DIFFERENT Gods.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Why it doesn’t matter to me...?
I don’t see a believer in the Lord God Almighty and Moses having a debate they believe in DIFFERENT Gods.

Does it matter if they “believe in DIFFERENT Gods”?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus himself has a God. His God is only one person. Jesus isn’t a trinitarian. Jesus is a non-trinitarian, and his God is the same God who is Moses’ God.

Let’s ask @Taken’s excellent question: What does it matter?

Jesus , on earth, is fully man, virgin born, YET< fully God as His Father is God.
So, He lived under the law as a man, and died as a human, as the sacrifice for the sin of the world.
Now, how can a human's blood and death, be counted worthy to pay for the sin of every human being ?

A.) God on the Cross is offering Himself, as Jesus the Man, and God's Blood is an eternal offering, untainted by sin. This is GOD's Blood, and that is why it has POWER to REDEEM for the last 2000 yrs, every human being, including those who are born tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.