Gods Commands were Perfect - Jesus fulfills - and Jesus says to obey Him?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.”

What is it we are suppose to obey? To believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for doing everything, his teachings and love.

Share your thoughts if you desire.

Sharing this with everyone today:Eternal Punishment Papers - Excerpt

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.”

What is it we are suppose to obey? To believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for doing everything, his teachings and love.

Jesus said that He would give us the Holy Spirit to be our guide: "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. For he will not speak on his own authority, but will speak whatever he hears, and will tell you what is to come." John 16:13

Obedience has the ring of obeying the law, which is the opposite of the above.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing, Jim B.

You are right, and Jesus was right that he would sent the spirit to live in us which is the Spirit of God that is given to us and poured out into our hearts being justified freely by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ in which we are able to have peace with God.

I am not overly concerned with the Law itself as Jesus is the fulfiller, and if the spirit of Christ lives with-in us He himself is the righteousness of God and is why we are made right with God, and justified by faith in Christ to have peace with God.

However, what about some of the teachings that Jesus had taught maybe that were not directly to the Apostles but over all teachings that he did teach persay, such as Forgiving others, turning the other cheek, being humble as a child, praying for our enemies, and doing good to your enemies? Aren't those some teachings that we are able to make a choice to obey because of what the holy spirit reminds us of what we have learned from Jesus over time?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing, Jim B.

You are right, and Jesus was right that he would sent the spirit to live in us which is the Spirit of God that is given to us and poured out into our hearts being justified freely by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ in which we are able to have peace with God.

I am not overly concerned with the Law itself as Jesus is the fulfiller, and if the spirit of Christ lives with-in us He himself is the righteousness of God and is why we are made right with God, and justified by faith in Christ to have peace with God.

However, what about some of the teachings that Jesus had taught maybe that were not directly to the Apostles but over all teachings that he did teach persay, such as Forgiving others, turning the other cheek, being humble as a child, praying for our enemies, and doing good to your enemies? Aren't those some teachings that we are able to make a choice to obey because of what the holy spirit reminds us of what we have learned from Jesus over time?

Yes.

Reactions: MatthewG

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Any rules and regulations that came forth from Jesus' or the apostles Matt. We call those things the law of the Christ sir.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for doing everything, his teachings and love.
Salvation is by believe, it is through the faith we are given, we are to do the good works that have been prepared for us to do.

What are we to do, believe and act out of love.

Do you really think Jesus is going to be upset by what we do or do not do?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that is right, windmillcharge. Salvation is founded in faith in through the Lord Jesus Christ in which he performs the works with-in us on our behalf of allowing him to come through by faith in which the holy spirit of God through us produces good works, (Galatians 5:19-26). The Spirit of Christ also lives with-in us in which because of what Jesus has done he died for our old life that we may have new life by being raised again with him, spiritually.

You are right, we are to is to have love for God, and act in love.

I do not believe to your question God will be angry when ever we mess up in our flesh when we make mistakes perhaps handling a situation wrongly by our flesh and not the spirit, but I believe it is possible for us to quench the spirit depending on what we may do and the only option in that time is going to the Father whom we have access to through the Lord Jesus Christ, and admit to what we have done and ask him to instead guide us by his ways, in which we pick up the cross and die to ourselves following after Jesus.

( I could also be terribly wrong).

Good post and thank you for sharing.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No obedience , personal holiness , repentance, fruit 30,60 and 100 fold no eternal life / salvation . Why do you call Me Lord Lord and not obey Me ?

next