Guess what?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

burningfire

Mar 5, 2011
Wisconsin
Hey! My name is Barry.

A little about me: I am 25, married to a beautiful woman and have a 2 year old son. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Business and Music. I play bass, guitar, and piano. I love composing music and spending time with my family.

Hope to learn and grow from others on the board and hopefully encourage others in their faith to grow and learn as well.

God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Barry!
welcomeom.gif

Looking forward to your posts :)

Bless you!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome Barry! Us guys are lucky with the beautiful ladies that tolerate us!

Hope you enjoy the community and most importantly, I hope this place helps you in your walk with Father.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks everyone!

Dear BurningFire:

I think all a church needs these days is a good pastor and worship director... That's it! Hear the word of the Lord...

"Make thee two trumpets of silver; of a whole piece shalt thou make them: that thou mayest use them for the calling of the assembly, and for the journeying of the camps." -Numbers 10:2

Metaphors...

1. First Trumpet - The word preached via a pastor
2. Second Trumpet - The worship via a worship leader
3. Assembly - Church!
4. Journeying - The churches direction

The two most superior forms of communication are worship and preaching. So we have...

1. John and Charles Wesley
2. DL Moody and Ira Sankey
3. Billy Sunday and Homer Rodeheaver
4. Billy Graham and GB Shea
5. Joel Osteen and Cindy Ratcliff
6. Jonathan Falwell and Charles Billingsley
7. Brian Houston and Darlene Zschech (at Hillsong)

I would say that the worship and the word are two of the most important parts of church. I would also think it important that we have young people picking up skills at the piano and guitar so that we always have an ample supply of musicians! I would go as far as to say that if the worship part of the service succeeded, a pastor could get up and do a bad job and people would still leave feeling a spiritual blessing. So I think that your ability in music is an important ability! I wish I had it!

Cindy Ratcliff is my favorite worship leader... Here is a sample!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Qj_e28NYb1Y

burningfire

Mar 5, 2011
Wisconsin
Dear BurningFire:

I think all a church needs these days is a good pastor and worship director... That's it! Hear the word of the Lord...

"Make thee two trumpets of silver; of a whole piece shalt thou make them: that thou mayest use them for the calling of the assembly, and for the journeying of the camps." -Numbers 10:2

Metaphors...

1. First Trumpet - The word preached via a pastor
2. Second Trumpet - The worship via a worship leader
3. Assembly - Church!
4. Journeying - The churches direction

The two most superior forms of communication are worship and preaching. So we have...

1. John and Charles Wesley
2. DL Moody and Ira Sankey
3. Billy Sunday and Homer Rodeheaver
4. Billy Graham and GB Shea
5. Joel Osteen and Cindy Ratcliff
6. Jonathan Falwell and Charles Billingsley
7. Brian Houston and Darlene Zschech (at Hillsong)

I would say that the worship and the word are two of the most important parts of church. I would also think it important that we have young people picking up skills at the piano and guitar so that we always have an ample supply of musicians! I would go as far as to say that if the worship part of the service succeeded, a pastor could get up and do a bad job and people would still leave feeling a spiritual blessing. So I think that your ability in music is an important ability! I wish I had it!

Cindy Ratcliff is my favorite worship leader... Here is a sample!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Qj_e28NYb1Y

Thanks.