truth only ? No. Not possible here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal_4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now

“But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.”

Does he born after the Spirit persecute him born after the flesh? Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Romans 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

1 John 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Galatians 5:15-16 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. [16] This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Is any of that truth?

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.”

Does he born after the Spirit persecute him born after the flesh? Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

1 John 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Galatians 5:15-16 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. [16] This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Is any of that truth?

Amen

I ask myself what am I doing here?

Nothing but conflict and attacking.
No joy joy here or happiness or laughter.

Time to move on to a happy place.

I have non-Christian friends I'd rather be with.

This place right now makes my heart sick.

My name was OLIGOS

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people though DO NOT say they alone have the truth - the catholics for instance were taught that their group has the truth, and they had better believe it or else (usually in different words - like god told us the truth thru our (ick) leaders (the deceivers) ) ...

See your point.

so the blond leads the blond and they both (all) fall into the pit.

Do you mean the flesh leads the flesh and they both fall into a ditch?

Reactions: Joseph77

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Is any of that truth?

What would you say of Christ, he walked in the spirit, and all those who did not, the religious, the pharisees all felt persecuted and wanted to Kill Him

this bit.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, I have noticed that you go looking for a fight with many people because of your beliefs. Your accusation premise, in my case, is wrong. All I did was posed a question to see what the herd mentality is with respect to the mentioned two parables on the same subject matter. I did not give an opinion in my original post as to what was my opinion/understanding of the two parables, but had left the question open for others to provide their view or opinion when they answered.

So far I have not seen a response from the person the post's question was intended for. Perhaps he had no idea as to what the truth actually is with respect to the two parables mentioned as to who has the lead role.

Let us see how it plays out.
Oh goodness....I am not looking for a fight Jay. I am just challenging people on this forum when they make statements that seem contrary to Scripture or when they suggest that they know the truth. Is that not what we are supposed to do as Christians?

Hopefully we can clear this misunderstanding up. You said, It will come down to knowing the truth and having the right understanding.

When you made that statement it seemed to me you were suggesting YOU knew the truth and we had to come to YOU for the right understanding to your own question. That is why i asked the question I asked. It has nothing to do with wanting to fight. I promise.

So I guess I was wrong in my assumption. You were not suggesting that we need to go to you for the truth and right understanding of your question. I will read your post with fresh eyes and give you my opinion since that is what you are looking for.

Respectfully, Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen

My name was OLIGOS
We are supposed to be one in Christ, but as you can see, they are all in ",many religions".

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

My name was OLIGOS

Hebrews 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you. (Without charity)​

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello

As Helen said in her post: -

Let me ask for the truth; who has the lead in the following two parables, Luke 19:11-27 and Matthew 25:14-30? Is it Jesus?

It will come down to knowing the truth and having the right understanding.

Shalom
What do you mean by “lead”?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What do you mean by “lead”?

When you watch a movie or read a book, you follow the person with the leading role, as they have the "lead," or "top spot" in the story being presented.

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has the last word and He will judge us on Judgment Day according to whether we have kept the Ten Commandments or not. Just because the Church teaches something doesn't mean that God goes along with it. We can't use the Church's teaching as any excuse in the Judgment. Because we have all broken the Ten Commandments, we will be found guilty even though the Church may judge us as innocent.
Hmmmm......So when Jesus said whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven he lied?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We decide what the truth is, and if the church disagrees, we have the option of leaving like I did.

Most churches to day teach HERACY like I said before.

My name is OLIGOS
Ummmm....are you being serious. WE, as an individual, decide what the truth is? And we can leave the church if the church disagrees with US?

Oh goodness....thank you for your time.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hmmmm......So when Jesus said whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven he lied?
Doesn't mean a thing - no point quoting a random verse out of context to prove a point. It won't change that you and I will be facing God alone on judgment day, and there won't be a Catholic or Protestant church to blame, because those organisations will be burned up with all the rest of the hay and stubble. Jesus won't be judging Catholics or Protestants because there won't be any of those there. Just individual human beings being judged on how they kept the Ten Commandments.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I agree with that. I can’t think of any. Can you name some?
Pope-Francis-bow-and-worship-of-Mary-statue-Idolatry-and-Pagan-worship-in-Roman-Catholic-Church.jpg

Here we go! Pope Francis worshiping and praying to a statue of Mary, the Queen of Heaven!

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am o jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of then that hate me; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.'" Exod 20: 4-6.

Pope Francis is violating what God has clearly said in the above Scripture, and he will be standing before God in the judgment to account for his idolatry and pagan worship of an imaginary pagan Queen of Heaven. It will suck to be him on that day!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would you say of Christ, he walked in the spirit, and all those who did not, the religious, the pharisees all felt persecuted and wanted to Kill Him

going to bed but was thinking further about your question of Christ walked in the Spirit and the religious, the Pharisees felt persecuted. Was thinking about the Light and how men won’t come to the Light for fear their deeds will be made known. How they hate the Light. Is the light persecuting them by making their deeds known or manifest...or is it the fear of their deeds being made known?
James 4:7-10 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. [8] Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. [9] Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. [10] Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Do men have a cause to hate the Light...when repentance and bringing things out into the Light is turning to Him that you may be healed. knowing He is far greater than the darkness?
1 Corinthians 14:24-25 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: [25] And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Reactions: mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
going to bed but was thinking further about your question of Christ walked in the Spirit and the religious, the Pharisees felt persecuted. Was thinking about the Light and how men won’t come to the Light for fear their deeds will be made known. How they hate the Light. Is the light persecuting them by making their deeds known or manifest...or is it the fear of their deeds being made known?
James 4:7-10 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. [8] Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. [9] Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. [10] Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Do men have a cause to hate the Light...when repentance and bringing things out into the Light is turning to Him that you may be healed. knowing He is far greater than the darkness?
1 Corinthians 14:24-25 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: [25] And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Gen_3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
Gen_3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked?

When people come to Christ, religions shows them there nakedness, than because of the fear they come under they try to hide from Christ as if He cant see them, and so they remain in religion because it keeps them at a distance from God, so instead of being clothed in His righteousness, they wear, religious garments stained, from religion and the many works of self. Because religion is as it has always being, about self and ones works.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem with this interpretation is that revelation never once uses the word at all to refer to any specific individual or group
Revelation calls the Antichrist "the Beast". Paul calls him "the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition". Daniel has many names for him including "the Little Horn", "the prince that shall come", "the king of fierce countenance", etc. It does not matter since this man not only stands in opposition to Christ, but claims to be Christ and God. Hence antichristos (in place of, as well as in opposition to).

But carefully note what John said, and he himself indicated that "the Antichrist" would come (as opposed to the many antichrists throughout history).

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that [the] Antichrist* shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. (1 John 2:18)

I have place [the] in brackets before "antichrist" and also capitalized that word, since for the majority of evangelical Christians (and even unbelievers) there will be such a person.

Strong's Concordance
*antichristos: antichrist, (one who opposes Christ)
Original Word: ἀντίχριστος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: antichristos
Phonetic Spelling: (an-tee'-khris-tos)
Definition: antichrist, (one who opposes Christ)
Usage: antichrist, either one who puts himself in the place of, or the enemy (opponent) of the Messiah.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 500: ἀντίχριστος

ἀντίχριστος, ἀντιχρίστου, ὁ (ἀντί against and Χριστός, like ἀντίθεος opposing God, in Philo de somn. l. ii. § 27, etc., Justin, quaest. et resp., p. 463 c. and other Fathers; (seeSophocles Lexicon, under the word, cf. Trench, § xxx.)), the adversary of the Messiah, a most pestilent being, to appear just before the Messiah's advent, concerning whom the Jews had conceived diverse opinions, derived partly from Daniel 11:36ff; , partly from Ezekiel 38; Ezekiel 39.

So you are clearly mistaken in thinking that there will be no such person. Indeed God will give him and Satan 3 1/2 years (42 months or 1260 days, or time (1 yr) + times (2 years) + half a time (six months) to take TOTAL CONTROL of the inhabitants of the world. This will be the first half of Daniel's 70th week of years (7 years).

And they worshipped the Dragon [Satan] which gave power unto the Beast [the Antichrist]: and they worshipped the Beast, saying, Who is like unto the Beast? who is able to make war with him? And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.