How Does One Daily Bear Their Own Cross?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks ...I didn't know, but I guessed. I double checked , and sure enough...he's gone now

The site should replace their avatar with the word "Banned". It would keep people from knocking on doors to empty rooms.

u

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agree, too true. It took me a while to see that Skyangel had gone , a while back.
She lasted longer than I expected, they allowed to go on longer than I thought.
Obviously some cheat by choosing " Christian" , just so they can get on the Christian boards.

Aug 15, 2017
Queensland/Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Every blessing comes from God--healing, prosperity, miracles and so on--it is promised only to His covenant people, those who believe in Jesus and come to God through Christ's blood.

God, in His mercy, will bless people outside the covenant because He is merciful. But primarily, His blessings are based on covenant.

The story of the Syrophoenician woman in Mark 7:25-30, makes this clear. 25, For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of Him, and came and fell at His feet: 26, The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought Him that He would cast forth the devil out of her daughter. 27, But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs. 28, And she answered and said unto Him, "Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs. "29, And He said unto her, "For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter". 30, And when she was come to her house, she found the devil gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed.

The woman sought out Jesus so He would deliver her daughter from an unclean spirit. But Jesus told her, "'Let the children be filled first, for it is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs'" (v.27). In this verse, the phrase "the children's bread" refers specifically to deliverance and Jesus is saying it belongs to His covenant people. Those outside the covenant may receive a miracle based on God's mercy, but deliverance is meant for those who have a covenant with God.

Luke 1:70, As he spake by the mouth of His holy prophets, which have been since the world began: 71, That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; 72, To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember His holy covenant; 73 says Jesus came "that we should be saved from our enemies and from the hand of all who hate us, to perform the mercy promised to our fathers and to remember His hold covenant, the oath which He swore to our father Abraham." He brought salvation from our enemies---devils and demons--based on a promise of which we are heirs (see Gal. 3:29), that He made to Abraham.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree, too true. It took me a while to see that Skyangel had gone , a while back.
She lasted longer than I expected, they allowed to go on longer than I thought.
Obviously some cheat by choosing " Christian" , just so they can get on the Christian boards.

I think she was the 1st person I reported here. Yes, I do use the report button. It blew me away that she was allowed to continue for so long.

Yes, some do lie about their faith just to gain entrance. I like catching them. They think they're so sneaky and clever.

k

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What a shame we lost the opportunity to reach a guy who may or may not be saved. It looked like he was very sarky. Like many in here. opinionated like many in here. Not sure why he got banned. what a shame, we are happy to see him go. That way we wont need to talk to that sinner or get contaminated by him. If you cant talk to a sarly person dont. But give him a chance and let the people who can deal with him do so. Sitead of you all coming at him and attacking the garbage hes talking. shut up and leave it alone. to many of you jumped in and could nt handle him and themn want him kicked out. Your worse than him. Hes doing it in ignorance, You are ment to be leading him. Well done. Hopefully God will lead him to a group with more concern love and patiance than you. Now I am all ears.

Aug 15, 2017
Queensland/Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What a shame we lost the opportunity to reach a guy who may or may not be saved. It looked like he was very sarky. Like many in here. opinionated like many in here. Not sure why he got banned. what a shame, we are happy to see him go. That way we wont need to talk to that sinner or get contaminated by him. If you cant talk to a sarly person dont. But give him a chance and let the people who can deal with him do so. Sitead of you all coming at him and attacking the garbage hes talking. shut up and leave it alone. to many of you jumped in and could nt handle him and themn want him kicked out. Your worse than him. Hes doing it in ignorance, You are ment to be leading him. Well done. Hopefully God will lead him to a group with more concern love and patiance than you. Now I am all ears.
Evening Sword, thanks for your post. I think if you happen to familiarise yourself with this forum it says for "Christians Only". Also on Garrison's profile, he did classify himself as being a "Christian". So tell me how is one to know that "A" person who says he is a Christian, posting on a "Christian Only Forum" may or not be saved? You are the only one who has categorised him as a "SINNER". Now who is being judgmental. I have no idea as to why he was banned. Maybe he was banned because he falsified himself as a "Christian" God only knows. I have only been on this site just over a week, and read and replied to some of his posts, funnily enough he is familiar with the Scriptures or Stories, but does not use Scripture just ambiguous questions, never clear. So it is obvious some are going to take offence when he made statements like "God is racist" So don't go judging those who made or may have made retaliating replies. What do you expect from a presumptuous person. (of a person or their behaviour) failing to observe the limits of what is permitted or appropriate: Yes hopefully God or the Holy Spirit will lead him to a group with more concern love and patience than us. Personally I find it very immature/radical of a Christian (as Garrison said he was) to be posting comments like God is a racist, a supreme racist, without even disclosing what he meant by that or what Scripture references he was referring to. Yes you could be right he may not have been a Born again Christian. If one is going to post some derogatory statements like that on a Christian Forum they need to back up what they are saying and quote Scriptures. But as far as I read he did neither, neither did he reply to posts I left to clarify where he would have got such understanding from. Anyway, you have your opinion and so has everyone else on here. And if Garrison is not a Christian, but lies about that, then it is obvious that he visits Christian Forums to rark-up Christians, well he sure did that here. Anyway Sword thanks for your post and opinion. You have a good evening. From Brisbane

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

You had a chance while he was here. Why didn't you take advantage of it?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You had a chance while he was here. Why didn't you take advantage of it?

As I read @Sword I had the self same thought..glad you said it first.

Yes Sword, while we were here trying to talk to him and understand the stuff he was writing ...where were YOU?
You have a very self-righteous attitude, and so often trying to "straighten out" the rest of us.
Another point you seem to have totally missed, is 1 John 4:1 "4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God ....
... Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God...."
Maybe you should sharpen up your discernment of spirits a bit. If you read the guys posts properly it doesn't take much to see what spirit he is of. Plus your quip about .. " Not sure why he got banned.." isn't really your call....obviously our moderators have enough discernment to test the spirits and know quite easily 1)who is here on the Site to fellowship and genuinely discuss, 2) who is here as a genuine seeker, and 3) who is here to just troll , annoy and post rubbish. I think they do their job well.

Reactions: Woman On A Mission

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As I read @Sword I had the self same thought..glad you said it first.

Yes Sword, while we were here trying to talk to him and understand the stuff he was writing ...where were YOU?
You have a very self-righteous attitude, and so often trying to "straighten out" the rest of us.
Another point you seem to have totally missed, is 1 John 4:1 "4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God ....
... Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God...."
Maybe you should sharpen up your discernment of spirits a bit. If you read the guys posts properly it doesn't take much to see what spirit he is of. Plus your quip about .. " Not sure why he got banned.." isn't really your call....obviously our moderators have enough discernment to test the spirits and know quite easily 1)who is here on the Site to fellowship and genuinely discuss, 2) who is here as a genuine seeker, and 3) who is here to just troll , annoy and post rubbish. I think they do their job well.
Wow I thought jesus died for everyone. Never knew there were those who are excluded by the staff. where was I lol. If there is something wrong in what I said just go ahead and quote me. If your just hurt shhhhh. stop it. I kniow what I said is going to ruffel the ruffable. are you ruffeld. Then you need to stop living for you and stop being the poor little hurt thing. Now what spirit am I from. Obviously one who has the ability to move you from one place to another at will. I dont get angry in here I dont get hurt and I dont get moved with silly comments. or wrong comments. Its called dying to self. Your anger dissapointment and need to jump in and strighten me out all comes from self. what I said is correct. what you are doing is trying to justify what you done to the guy. I dont care if hes a satan worshiper. Jesus died to set him free, But you all wanted to be free of him. Total selfishness wiether you like it or not. face the facts. This will come back to bite you. Dont besaying I want to be the image of Christ if your offended at everyone who says something you dont like. Dont be accusing me to justify your actions that I highlighted. I am still here and not banned because I havent done anything wrong. I have be in all the controversy. But I was not wrong in any accusations to you or anyone else. time to stop the kidoligy

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You said the above "while we" . Ahem. You never said a single word to him. So where were you?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You said the above "while we" . Ahem. You never said a single word to him. So where were you?

No not in this thread. The man put up 87 posts on the site!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow I thought jesus died for everyone. Never knew there were those who are excluded by the staff. where was I lol.

You obviously have a lot to learn yet about the difference between leading a genuine person to the Lord, and separating out the spirits that are operating through a person.
I can see you haven't had much experience in dealing with the spirits of the Enemy that have an agenda and sent to sidetrack God's people.
My bible does not tell me to "be friendly" or "feel sorry for" evil spirits.
A person with evil spirits
can be a genuine seeker...the Gadarene man was... he was full of them..yet he ran TO the Lord.
He did not stand there and "bait" Jesus, or his disciples. Those that join the Site to "bait" are not genuine seekers.
We will differ on this obviously.
The bible says.." My sheep know MY voice...and a stranger they will not follow"

Last edited:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Evening Sword, thanks for your post. I think if you happen to familiarise yourself with this forum it says for "Christians Only". Also on Garrison's profile, he did classify himself as being a "Christian". So tell me how is one to know that "A" person who says he is a Christian, posting on a "Christian Only Forum" may or not be saved? You are the only one who has categorised him as a "SINNER". Now who is being judgmental.
If he said he a Christian I dont have the right to judge him other wise. niether do you. It time we would see if he was or not. In time we would see if he is going through something serious in his life like doubt in god and venting in here through dissapointment. You dont know any thing about him other than you dont like the way he spoke.
When I called him a sinner and said we wont get contaminated. I was telling it like I see your combined language agaisnt him.
After all were all sinner just like you. Is that not correct? And you call that a judgment Hmm I think scriptures clear on this.

Although in saying this I am fully aware of what we are in Christ. Hols justifeied joint aires etc.

I have no idea as to why he was banned. Maybe he was banned because he falsified himself as a "Christian" God only knows. I have only been on this site just over a week, and read and replied to some of his posts, funnily enough he is familiar with the Scriptures or Stories, but does not use Scripture just ambiguous questions, never clear. So it is obvious some are going to take offence when he made statements like "God is racist"
So he called God a racist big deal. I get what hes seeing. He needs guiding not kicked out and left with we as Christs representitives, dont want your kind here. and clearly combined you never wanted him here. Just be cause he was clueless. So you are all justifeid in wanting him away.
never saw Jesus do that with the lost sinners. Hes either a Christian or not I dont know. What I do know is Jesus wants you to love him and ya clealy never. No way round that but yall will try.

So don't go judging those who made or may have made retaliating replies.
You are not called to retaliate. What kind of answer is that to try and justify your actions. Impossible chore you have now. Please stop you are not going to turn this round. As for judgingh since you brought it up twice what is it to judge?

What do you expect from a presumptuous person. (of a person or their behaviour) failing to observe the limits of what is permitted or appropriate:
I expect you to show him love. I expect you to act like Christ I expect you to forgive him many many ytimes. But you never forgave him once. There was no love shown to this guy,sinner,Christin,angel,nonChristian what ever he was I dont know, but you think you do.

Yes hopefully God or the Holy Spirit will lead him to a group with more concern love and patience than us.
God lead him here. You never reached him but rejected him. I think you hope should be that God would lead YOU to more love and patiance dont ya think?

Personally I find it very immature/radical of a Christian (as Garrison said he was) to be posting comments like God is a racist, a supreme racist, without even disclosing what he meant by that or what Scripture references he was referring to.
And you fall for that so easy. And try to justify your actions. No matter what condiction he is in . You are to love him and you never. You are to forgive him and you never. I point it out and now I am the one that you are all trying to justify your actions to. Its not me you have to justify anything to. Stop it.

Yes you could be right he may not have been a Born again Christian. If one is going to post some derogatory statements like that on a Christian Forum they need to back up what they are saying and quote Scriptures. But as far as I read he did neither, neither did he reply to posts I left to clarify where he would have got such understanding from. Anyway, you have your opinion and so has everyone else on here. And if Garrison is not a Christian, but lies about that, then it is obvious that he visits Christian Forums to rark-up Christians, well he sure did that here. Anyway Sword thanks for your post and opinion. You have a good evening. From Brisbane

Ahh so your rark up able? You are not called to rark upable. Should we pary for you that you become unrark-upable. becaue as far as I can see the only thing missing was love. He sure did that here and you are all so baby like in Christ that you all got offended. You have no right to be offended ever. Christ was not offended at you. and you think you have the right to be offended at him.
Who needs to change him or us. You do not have a single scripture to back up anything you said.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You obviously have a lot to learn yet about the difference between leading a genuine person to the Lord, and separating out the spirits that are operating through a person.
I can see you haven't had much experience in dealing with the spirits of the Enemy that have an agenda and sent to sidetrack God's people.
My bible does not tell me to "be friendly" or "feel sorry for" evil spirits.
A person with evil spirits
can be a genuine seeker...the Gadarene man was... he was full of them..yet he ran TO the Lord.
He did not stand there and "bait" Jesus, or his disciples. Those that join the Site to "bait" are not genuine seekers.
We will differ on this obviously.
The bible says.." My sheep know MY voice...and a stranger they will not follow"

you can make scripture fit anything you like . Just like you are doing now. He was not an evil spirit lol. stop trying to justify your self. Man your getting deeper in here. we differ on so much that you say. I see you are now becoming the worst one for reading what you want and not answering any questions of mine. But its ok I get it.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you are now becoming the worst one for reading what you want and not answering any questions of mine. But its ok I get it.

Here is an excellent example of a narcissists baiting tactic. He accuses and then blows it off as if it means nothing to him. All the while knowing he will get a response, thus giving him the attention he so desparately needs.

k

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He was not an evil spirit lol. stop trying to justify your self.

Good grief, how old are you...twelve!!

I did NOT say that he himself was an evil spirit...read what I wrote.
I said :- Quote..
"You have a lot to learn about the difference between leading a genuine person to the Lord, and separating out the spirits that are operating through a person.
You comment totally proves just what I said...

I don't think it is worth me discussing with you any more. I feel you are now turning into someone that is always contentious, just like BreadOfLife. That is sad, you have written many good uplifting posts.
Bless you....H