How Does One Daily Bear Their Own Cross?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 15, 2017
Queensland/Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bless you..confusing isn't it? LOL aspen was speaking to you..but ABOUT Garrison.
He has been undermining faith, and trolling all day... But he is beginning to get repetitive now , nothing new, and almost worn out! :)
BTW, this IS a good Christian site...some great people on here..stick around and you'll soon meet them.
Sorry that you joined us right in the middle of this Garrison person....he is not one of us.
But, God loves the dregs...I have to remind myself of that!
Bless you....H
Hi Grace thanks. Once I get my head around this site. It should be all good. I like that "trolling all day". It's okay I'm a big girl now, just have to not take things too personal LOL.

Reactions: Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry did I miss something here. Who are you actually referring to.
The biggest problem that arises is when people buy into someone else's insignificant, unscriptural and unbiblical rants or even Gnostic rants.

I am referring to Garrison

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All things disclosed about God in Scripture are true. For instance, God is a Racist. A Supreme Racist.

Do you believe the words of the apostle Paul? I think you mentioned in another post you thought Paul was lying, or deceiving people. Is what he wrote truth, or not?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, you need someone to take you by the hand, and help you find Scripture. Lol.

I know the Scripture you are talking about. Do you? It's your subject. Give the Scripture and explain why I should bear my cross.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All things disclosed about God in Scripture are true. For instance, God is a Racist. A Supreme Racist.

Your first statement is true, but it is in contradiction to many things you have already said in other threads. What are you calling Scripture?

As far as God being a racist, so what? Does that bother you?

Stranger

Reactions: prashanthd

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really saying God is a racist is really beyond disturbing. He made red, yellow, black, white, brown, etc. All people from all walks of life!

Reactions: pia

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A related thread has identified how we cannot in any manner bear the Cross of Jesus, and are to daily bear our own cross.

Lots of informative chit chat has taken place within the Venues and Publications of Modern Christendom, yet no person can give specific examples of having done so. If you think we are to daily bear our own cross in obedience to Christ, and If you bear your own, then tell us how you do it. Give stories. Just like the Action Figures in Scripture unabashedly gave their stories, without worrying about lacking humility.

Let's hear it.
Jesus said it best: "deny yourself", and Paul adds, "to live is Christ."

When Christ comes to us, it is no longer we who live, but Christ who lives in us. So, then, if we do not give Christ first position in our life in all things, we are not bearing our cross, but denying Christ in our life, and life then is a series of dead works, because we live for that which was dead. This is what is referred to as "grieving the Holy Spirit", because having been presented with life, we choose death instead.

Bearing our cross daily, means denying self, that Christ may live.

Reactions: Sword and Pisteuo

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what should be said also...is that all races are good, because they are of God.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Garrison said:

Garrison struck me as someone only interested in scoring points for the guys downstairs. I don't really know, it's just a feeling I got from his posts.

o

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Garrison struck me as someone only interested in scoring points for the guys downstairs. I don't really know, it's just a feeling I got from his posts.

o

It didn't make any sense to me...I read this thread as I thought there was a new post...but it seems WOAM just quoted it but said nothing.
As he hasn't been on here since last Tuesday, so maybe he has moved on.
I hope so.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It didn't make any sense to me...I read this thread as I thought there was a new post...but it seems WOAM just quoted it but said nothing.
As he hasn't been on here since last Tuesday,
so maybe he has moved on.
I hope so.

He was banned.

k

Aug 15, 2017
Queensland/Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Garrison, I have come to the conclusion it is a waste of time replying to your ridiculous posts. I can answer your question, and many of your ridiculous posts you have written, but you will probably come up with some other accusation against the word of God. If you are truly a Christian, then maybe you could give us your interpretation of the questions you no doubt expect people to have an answer for and let us see how learned you are about the Scriptures.

Just thought I would add this: Christian atheism is really just atheism. Christian atheism is a non-religious, non-spiritual, and non-Christian worldview that borrows biblical terminology and ideas without actually believing in them. Non-realistic Christianity is not really Christianity at all. (JUST SAYING!)

The Bible tells us in 1 John 4: to TEST THE SPIRITS:
V1: Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2, By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, Which you heard was coming and now is in the world already......5: They are from the world; therefore they speak form the world, and the world listens to them. 6, We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error......8, Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Aug 15, 2017
Queensland/Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Garrison: Can you please explain this Proverb please. V4, says to not answer a fool then v5, says to answer a fool. Thanks:

Proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him.
5 Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Garrison: Can you please explain this Proverb please. V4, says to not answer a fool then v5, says to answer a fool. Thanks:

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him.

Garrison is no longer a member of this site.

Just thought you should know.

g

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

He is no longer here on the Site.
He won't be responding to your posts.