I Finally Decided to Share My Testimony

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was never going to share it at first because I thought that a lot of people on here might find me crazy, in fact they still could,.. but I told @Heart2Soul that I would share it so here goes nothing. I grew up as a Christian, but when I was a child (as @JohnDB already knows) I went to a Baptist church. However, as I grew older I decided that I didn't want to go to a church that scared me to death anymore so I left and backslid. Several years later I met John on another Christian forum, and I realized that it wasn't the church that I went to that was the problem,.. it was the people in it.

So, I was still going through a rather dark time in my life where I wasn't sure what I believed in and a part of me still believed in God, but another part of me doubted and hated Him when I started blaming all my life's problems on Him. I didn't really feel like Jesus loved me, I thought that I had sinned so much and screwed up my life so badly that at this point I was past forgiveness. That is until I watched the following video.

Earlier that day I had yelled at God demanding to know where He was and after watching this video I felt a sudden warmth inside me and felt as if God was giving me a comforting hug and telling me that He was right there and He loved me. That was the beginning of a lot of strange and unexplainable occurrences.

Now keep in mind at this point in my life I had heard the Bible but I didn't actually read or know a lot of scripture, so one day I was sitting out on my front porch and I heard a voice telling me to be still after I was questioning if I had imagined the night before or if it really happened. So I can't remember if I heard the rest of the verse or if I had looked it up first,.. but what I found next still gives me goosebumps to this day as I discovered Psalm 46:10 where it stated; "Be still and know that I am God."

It wasn't too much longer after that where I heard that God got me engraved upon the palm of His hand,.. just like Isaiah 49:16 clearly states. I knew at this point I wasn't going crazy, I couldn't be. I was hearing scripture that I didn't even know existed and I'm getting goosebumps right now just reliving this and typing this. God told me all about a friend of the family that He was there for her two miscarriages and when she had been sexually abused as a child that I didn't know about personally until I had it confirmed.

I have had visions of God sitting on His throne and what Heaven looks like and even Armageddon if anybody wants to know I can describe it plainly. However, God also speaks to me in ways that aren't scripture but could be. I remember one day when I was in the kitchen wondering to myself how could this possibly be happening and just like always I got my answer. He told me to look at the wall and told me that it didn't always exist, somebody had to build it up first and that was the same way with our relationship.

All of this has taught me that God wants to have a personal relationship with all of us and speak to all of us, but a lot of the time we don't take the time to listen. I sort of look at what happened to me as a miracle, but when you have a special relationship with Christ like I do,.. it's just an ordinary miracle. :) (Also FYI, I might have a creative mind but there's no way I could come up with a story like this if it wasn't true lol I'm not that creative. :D)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was never going to share it at first because I thought that a lot of people on here might find me crazy, in fact they still could,.. but I told @Heart2Soul that I would share it so here goes nothing. I grew up as a Christian, but when I was a child (as @JohnDB already knows) I went to a Baptist church. However, as I grew older I decided that I didn't want to go to a church that scared me to death anymore so I left and backslid. Several years later I met John on another Christian forum, and I realized that it wasn't the church that I went to that was the problem,.. it was the people in it.

So, I was still going through a rather dark time in my life where I wasn't sure what I believed in and a part of me still believed in God, but another part of me doubted and hated Him when I started blaming all my life's problems on Him. I didn't really feel like Jesus loved me, I thought that I had sinned so much and screwed up my life so badly that at this point I was past forgiveness. That is until I watched the following video.

Earlier that day I had yelled at God demanding to know where He was and after watching this video I felt a sudden warmth inside me and felt as if God was giving me a comforting hug and telling me that He was right there and He loved me. That was the beginning of a lot of strange and unexplainable occurrences.

Now keep in mind at this point in my life I had heard the Bible but I didn't actually read or know a lot of scripture, so one day I was sitting out on my front porch and I heard a voice telling me to be still after I was questioning if I had imagined the night before or if it really happened. So I can't remember if I heard the rest of the verse or if I had looked it up first,.. but what I found next still gives me goosebumps to this day as I discovered Psalm 46:10 where it stated; "Be still and know that I am God."

It wasn't too much longer after that where I heard that God got me engraved upon the palm of His hand,.. just like Isaiah 49:16 clearly states. I knew at this point I wasn't going crazy, I couldn't be. I was hearing scripture that I didn't even know existed and I'm getting goosebumps right now just reliving this and typing this. God told me all about a friend of the family that He was there for her two miscarriages and when she had been sexually abused as a child that I didn't know about personally until I had it confirmed.

I have had visions of God sitting on His throne and what Heaven looks like and even Armageddon if anybody wants to know I can describe it plainly. However, God also speaks to me in ways that aren't scripture but could be. I remember one day when I was in the kitchen wondering to myself how could this possibly be happening and just like always I got my answer. He told me to look at the wall and told me that it didn't always exist, somebody had to build it up first and that was the same way with our relationship.

All of this has taught me that God wants to have a personal relationship with all of us and speak to all of us, but a lot of the time we don't take the time to listen. I sort of look at what happened to me as a miracle, but when you have a special relationship with Christ like I do,.. it's just an ordinary miracle. :) (Also FYI, I might have a creative mind but there's no way I could come up with a story like this if it wasn't true lol I'm not that creative. :D)

Thanks for sharing @April_Rose
Wonderful testimony! I will though, take a gander here and say...I bet you had heard or read those scriptures...even if only one time, and the Holy Spirit WILL bring it to your mind..."His word never returns to Him void..."

John 14
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Again, thank you for sharing...I have not watched the videos yet, but I will start with the first one that really touched you first :)

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, but if I ever heard them before I honestly didn't remember it so it must have been extremely far back in my mind lol I don't even remember what I ate the day before half the time. :p

Reactions: Nancy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, get the tissues out. And since I'm out of tissues, toilet paper had to do.
Whoever put this together sure has the gift of edification!
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing...it is saved to my YouTube vids :)

Glad you liked it but I was more so crying from the first video,.. but just for the record,.. that song is from the live action version of Charlotte's Web. :D This is a song from The Lion King II Simba's Pride but it looks like I'm not the only one who thinks of Jesus. It was sung at our church before as well. :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, but if I ever heard them before I honestly didn't remember it so it must have been extremely far back in my mind lol I don't even remember what I ate the day before half the time. :p

Yeah, but you don't have to "remember" as... if you heard it even only once decades ago...He can bring it to your mind! His awesome LIVING and ACTIVE Word never forgets, and the Holy Spirit in you has brought them back! Well, then again, this is only my opinion. That in itself is no "ordinary miracle", loved that song as well as it reminds us to NEVER forget His "ordinary" miracles :)
God Bless sister,
nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you liked it but I was more so crying from the first video,.. but just for the record,.. that song is from the live action version of Charlotte's Web. :D This is a song from The Lion King II Simba's Pride but it looks like I'm not the only one who thinks of Jesus. It was sung at our church before as well. :)

I was actually referring to the first one, lol.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me just state for the record here that I still sometimes have my doubts from time to time despite going through what I did,.. but Thomas saw Jesus standing right in front of Him after He died and even he doubted so I'm definitely in good company lol but my doubts don't outweigh my faith. :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me just state for the record here that I still sometimes have my doubts from time to time despite going through what I did,.. but Thomas saw Jesus standing right in front of Him after He died and even he doubted so I'm definitely in good company lol but my doubts don't outweigh my faith. :)

"l but my doubts don't outweigh my faith."
WORD!!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank You!

What a blessing
:)

HUGS

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe you!

Amen

Reactions: Rita and April_Rose

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your testimony is very similar to mine....very, very similar.:D in fact I was thinking...is she copying my testimony....nah...I knew you weren't.
Praise God! He is a good good Father!:)

Reactions: Rita and April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"l but my doubts don't outweigh my faith."
WORD!!

This video also helps me quite a bit. :)

Your testimony is very similar to mine....very, very similar.:D in fact I was thinking...is she copying my testimony....nah...I knew you weren't.
Praise God! He is a good good Father!:)

Have you shared your testimony here before? Maybe I can find a link for it,.. anyways,.. thanks everybody as I didn't know that this thread was going to be as popular as it is lol :D

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You even posted The Father's Love Letter! Same as me...I shared that 2 years ago...it just gives me chills as it touches me deep within my heart and spirit. ❤

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You even posted The Father's Love Letter! Same as me...I shared that 2 years ago...it just gives me chills as it touches me deep within my heart and spirit. ❤

Well that was the video that started it all. Can you link me with your testimony please as I've got about a hundred things to do on here right now lol and it would help if I had the link please. :D

Reactions: Heart2Soul