I Need To Ask

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I come from another country and of course we have different laws relating to various things like migration and we don't have a federal govt but I need to ask this.

They say that there is a crisis (including housing) in New York city due to an influx of asylum seekers and the "right to shelter" ruling of that state. Why don't they just change that law since it is not working. In fact, It's making the situation even worse???? :doldrums: :IDK:

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I come from another country and of course we have different laws relating to various things like migration and we don't have a federal govt but I need to ask this.

They say that there is a crisis (including housing) in New York city due to a migration law of that state. Why don't they just change that law since it is not working. In fact, It's making their housing situation even worse???? :doldrums: :IDK:
The truth of the matter is (Democrats) in New York State welcomed illegal immigration on the US Southern border "Until" the Governor of Texas put these illegal immigrants in the tens of thousands on busses and sent them to sanctuary cities such as New York, Chicago,, DC, etc over the past year, now these (Democrats) are crying because of the high cost in caring for the illegal immigrants

Thumbs Up Governor Abbott, (Operation Lone Star)

How Texas Gov. Greg Abbott divided Democrats on immigration with migrant busing

12-18-2023

CHICAGO — Texas Gov. Greg Abbott knows he’s wreaking havoc by sending busloads of migrants from his border towns to sanctuary cities.

The signs are evident.

New York says it’s at a breaking point. Chicago is running out of time and space before a harsh winter sets in. Washington, D.C. says its housing is at capacity. Other cities, like Denver, have declared states of emergency.

But if Abbott has made one thing clear, it’s this: He’s not stopping.

For more than a year, Abbott has regularly sent busloads of migrants to cities that have deemed themselves sanctuaries to immigrants. It’s a controversial practice, with officials on the receiving end saying the busing comes without warning or coordination and with an intent of creating chaos. Since April 2022, the Abbott administration has bused some 75,500 migrants from Texas to six cities, according to the governor's office.

Last edited:

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They say that there is a crisis (including housing) in New York city due to an influx of asylum seekers and the "right to shelter" ruling of that state. Why don't they just change that law since it is not working. In fact, It's making the situation even worse???? :doldrums: :IDK:

I guess people have to try to get the issue on the ballots, so they can vote on it.

Los Angeles received many bus loads of illegal immigrants from Texas. One particular church is helping them alot. Also, I think some had family here so they went to stay with family.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a lot of illegal immigrants that commit atrocities when they come to this country. And it is an avenue for terrorists. And those things are not wise. The general stance is that if you can't follow the law to come into this country then are you going to follow the laws when you're in the country?

Reactions: marks

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue is our president has opened our boarders. so many people are coming in no local economy can handle the influx. And the southern states (mostly texas) have decided to send them to democratic left leaning cities who are part of the political party that has allowed this to begin with.

Sadly. its all political. I do not think the world has seen a country with this much division since rome split into two (east and west) and we know what happened then. It sad that this country is so political and polarized they will do things to piss the other side off. And its the people that suffer.

The people that live in the cities, and the people who are bused to those cities.. All of them are suffering

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Hi @Angelina We have a real problem in the UK with large numbers of people crossing the channel from France in small boats to seek asylum. There are thousands of them. all have to be processed and housed which has inundated the border control and is totally out of hand. Their children have to be educated and they have to have medical attention and provided for in other ways. Our country just can't cope with it all. And on top of that the spiralling cost of living and low wages has made so many decent working families homeless that our councils and our government are really struggling to cope with that issue as well. The food banks have never been so necessary or so busy. \i t is like going back to Dickensian times.

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't know anything about the situation in New York, but I do know in the US it can be very difficult to change a law, even one that's not working. It has a lot to do with politics, and politicians who are looking out for themselves rather than the people they were elected to serve.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard a prayer request from the bbnradio's Family Altar program... "Please pray for our city which is being overwhelmed by the effects of homelessness from people of other countries."

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look whose in charge. Everywhere the Dems are in power, you're guranteed to find more poverty, homelessness, crime, etc. They make policies based on how they feel, not what actually works or makes sense.

p.s. they're not asylum seekers, they're illegal aliens.

I think that's the plan.

Much love!

This too.

Starise

Dec 8, 2023
Christiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I seriously think they are trying to crash us. Tear down and build back better only it won't be better. That's simply the catch phrase used to convince others internally of the tear down part of it. Those elites behind all of this are breaking things so someone can come along to fix it.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look whose in charge. Everywhere the Dems are in power, you're guranteed to find more poverty, homelessness, crime, etc. They make policies based on how they feel, not what actually works or makes sense.

p.s. they're not asylum seekers, they're illegal aliens.

This too.
how are they illegal if they came in through channels. Illegals are those who sneak in.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

People of "sound mind" come to the same conclusion as you have. God job--well said!

It is because the insane are running the asylum. The latest epidemic. Unfortunately.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, the enemy has gotten control over our educational system and the national media. Our students are no longer educated on how to think, but what to think and how to "feel" about it. They have been effectively indoctrinated through lies about history, economics, politics, etc., leaving out important contexts, etc.

Without a truly educated electorate, tyranny is always a strong possibility. The un-/under-educated can be swayed and fooled into voting in some flavor of Marxism which will always lead to tyranny.

Historically, whenever the Communists took over a country, they attacked Christianity in that country, killing the leaders and faithful at will and closing churches. They also confiscated all the guns and weapons so that the people could not fight back. Finally, they purposely destroyed the morals of that country, because an immoral people is always easier to enslave than a moral people.

We see this happening before our very eyes. Many of the young are all on board with Communism and atheism. They haven't been shown the consistent results of that path (over 100 million innocent people murdered) and the misery that accompanies it. Even in our day, we have a great example of what happened in Venezuela, when they embraced Marxism. Venezuela was once the richest country in South America, hands down. Now, they are one of the poorest. Rather than raise the poor out of poverty, they made everyone poor...except the tyrants in charge.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't they just change that law since it is not working.
Cognitive dissonance.

Leftists don’t any to reconcile their ideology to reality. It’s one thing to think in theory that it is compassionate to be a sanctuary city. It is another accept such a theory is not practical OR compassionate to the constituents you are supposed to serve.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There's no political corruption quite as brazen nor acrid as New York politics and Politicians.

The Democratic party lawmakers support illegal immigration,a federal offense, because they think in return illegals and their families already established here,will vote Democrat out of gratitude.

Our 2020 election proved voters don't actually elect anyone into office. It's an illusion to keep us thinking this country is a Constitutional Democratic Republic.
It isn't. It's actually a Plutocracy.

The other reason Democrats enable invasion of our country by illegals is,the rich need slave labor.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With Democratics in office it's just a matter of time before the whole system goes belly up and we all end up on the streets with them!