I was wrong for so long

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stirling

Dec 5, 2012
Hello everyone. I have lurked here for 4 months reading and learning. It has been a pleasure. Christ came to me four months ago.

Now I have a relationship with him. When someone said that to me before I used to think they were either

stupid/mad/lonely/gullible/idiotic.

Now I know myself to have been all those things. Jesus is the light. They were always right.

I feel so blessed to know this now.

I found Jesus through end time talk. Even before I found Christ. I was always fascinated with revelations.

I always thought this was one part of the bible that could possible be real in its prophecy. For all that is mentioned could be made fact by someone who had studied the text and decided to make it all possible and stepping up to the plate and doing the said things. I always thought we would just have to wait for the right science in order for someone to make possible the magical looking elements realistic. Revelations could be like a script for someone to follow.

Anyhow one night after reading revelations, I said to God, if you are real let me know

The next day I get this email from this guy, get this, the subject header said

RE: I am real

In the email was just a youtube link and i clicked on it and there was this strange looking man called John filming himself in his basement talking about how God is real, on the video he gets quite passionate about Jesus being the gate to eternal life and as he talks a golden beam of light comes down and hits his hand

When I saw this my body felt cold, I got goose pimples and I started to cry. Jesus was with me. He was the son of God.

My life then changed. I know what love is. I do know Jesus. I am so happy and I put my trust in God.

Well thats how I got here. I put this thread here because end times was what brought me to Jesus.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
There is no more beautiful words as "I was so wrong"
They are the manifestation of wisdom in the highest order.

If you continue to remember that simple phrase, The Lord will open many doors before you.
Remain teachable and never quite searching

Reactions: IanLC

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Yes those simple words "I was so wrong" are powerful. Remain humble and willing to learn and watch God work in and through you. That spirit of brokeness is a key thing to have in this walk. The more we deny ourselves and crucify our flesh in brokeness and humility the more useful we are to the Kingdom. Here is a quote I will leave you with "I want to see Him (Jesus) lifted up. So I must be humbled and brought down to lift Him up!"

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Hey Stirling...that's great! Welcome to the board, and welcome to the family of Christ! I very much hope that this board will help you grow in Him and will encourage you with fellowship!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Christ said that if you stay in His Word, then you will be His disciple, and you will know the truth, and the truth shall make you free (John 8:31-32). So kinda like Hamlet said, 'To listen to God in His Word, or to not listen to God in His Word, ... that is the question'? Blessings to you in that Stirling.