Is Dispensationalism a valid way to interpret scripture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's grace was not for only a thousand years from Pentecost. God's grace will be forever. It is a long study, and I'm just giving you snippets.

Do you believe in Preterism?
So then in the New Heavens and New earth, you will be sinning STILL, and therefore the need for faith in the sacrificial death and the blood of Christ, will be required continuously??? It doesn't sound very "New" from your camp. It sounds exactly like what we have now.
Please tell us, whose righteousness will be dwelling in the NH+NE?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then in the New Heavens and New earth, you will be sinning STILL, and therefore the need for faith in the sacrificial death and the blood of Christ, will be required continuously??? It doesn't sound very "New" from your camp. It sounds exactly like what we have now.
Please tell us, whose righteousness will be dwelling in the NH+NE?

Those who are born again of the Spirit are not sinning NOW, let alone in the future. 1 John 3:9

Gotta run.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exposed again! ;) Actually it depends how you see things whether for yourself or for God.

Now we live in a very selfish society..and add to that our own selfish carnal nature....and the gospel is sure to be flipped around in it's purpose.

Do we see Christianity as an end....which serves ourselves...or a MEANS by which the will of God is done.

If we see this (the gospel) as an end in itself....then we will distort the gospel for something that serves the fallen nature in men. of course you are falling in to that category...seeing how God can be of service to you. And this fully distorts the biblical message and subverts it to serve oneself.

But if it is a means...then it is the POWER to do the will of God...which also justifies our actions favourably for salvation and reward.

So then who is serving whom? That's what you need to set your mind to. That's the calibration one needs to ascertain the bias of the message.

The command that Abraham kept was to love God. with even the life of his son. So then to forsake all in this world is just to display our love for God. And unless we do so we are not worthy to be close to God forever. We may yet be saved...but from a certain distance. Love for God brings us into the Bride of Christ.

Holding back our lives and loves from the Lord removes us into being a guest at His wedding...or worse...total rejection into outer darkness.

But who's afraid of that, right?

You have shown where you are on the spectrum... you see God as someone who serves your own interests. I can't really say good luck with that.:oops:
BTW, in my post, that word is suppose to be "Salvation"-corrected.
Wrong! I found you out, because I know your type! Without you revealing your hand, I zeroed in on your position on the Lord's FREE Gift of Salvation! You think that you must WORK to receive it, and WORK some more to keep it.
And there it is! It's all about YOU and what YOU are doing to save YOURSELF!
That's what " Legalists" do!!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Those who are born again of the Spirit are not sinning NOW, let alone in the future. 1 John 3:9

Gotta run.

I would put it as ...they who are abiding in Christ are not sinning now...since we modern Christians are usually taught about what men can do and not what God can do through us. And there are so few actually abiding in Christ...so few that many have never heard of a walk without sin.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
BTW, in my post, that word is suppose to be "Salvation"-corrected.

I understood what you meant.
Wrong! I found you out, because I know your type! Without you revealing your hand, I zeroed in on your position on the Lord's FREE Gift of Salvation! You think that you must WORK to receive it, and WORK some more to keep it.
And there it is! It's all about YOU and what YOU are doing to save YOURSELF!
That's what " Legalists" do!!

You did eh?

You haven't understood what I said...but are putting your own ideas in and calling them mine. Never a good way to discuss things.

You are confusing the difference between a believer and a non-believer. There is a difference you know...of course in today's world the difference is just who is claiming more than the other so often. Same walk...just more arrogance and presumptions for they who justify themselves with their "free" stuff.

The child of God is given the power to OBEY the Spirit of God.

But that is not what you want. You are looking for a FREE pass for the flesh to inherit the kingdom of God. And the flesh is NOT subject to the law of God. So then you believe that the lawlessness of the carnal man receives a kingdom pass into eternity. And somehow THAT from a holy God? :confused:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's grace was not for only a thousand years from Pentecost. God's grace will be forever. It is a long study, and I'm just giving you snippets.

Do you believe in Preterism?
Every Christian believes in Preterism. It was prophesied that a Savior would come, and Jesus came... that is Preterism; that a prophesy has come true already, and we are not still waiting for it to happen.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would put it as ...they who are abiding in Christ are not sinning now...since we modern Christians are usually taught about what men can do and not what God can do through us. And there are so few actually abiding in Christ...so few that many have never heard of a walk without sin.
And, it might more correctly be worded: "Is perhaps not sinning right at this particular moment."

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And, it would more correctly be worded: "Is perhaps not sinning right at this particular moment."

There are different depths of the Spirit..and different distances to the following of Jesus.

Being led of the Spirit gives us certain times where we are in God's presence.

But there is also a closer walk of abiding in Christ by the keeping power of God whereby one does not sin for extended periods of time...for as long as one remains IN Christ.

It's about location...to be found IN Him.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gotta run.
Correct!! If you mean this: by his blood we are made to be "sin-less" before the Father, however while in this "body of death", we see that we are not
"sin-free".
So now, while we have this body of "flesh and blood", through faith in Christ ALONE, we are washed in the blood of Christ, and not by the stone dust of the Law, and are waiting for the Day of His return, whereby we will be resurrected into the Immortality of His likeness, solely by His Grace.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are different depths of the Spirit..and different distances to the following of Jesus.

Being led of the Spirit gives us certain times where we are in God's presence.

But there is also a closer walk of abiding in Christ by the keeping power of God whereby one does not sin for extended periods of time...for as long as one remains IN Christ.

It's about location...to be found IN Him.

Epi:
Yes, indeed....if I can be so bold to add my words onto yours....it is the way of a true believer!.....

As we grow and mature, we become more and more comfortable with the gift of the Spirit within us. We walk closer or live our lives as being more in the identify and character of Christ. We sin less and become more distant from our flesh and the world. We remain in the Spirit for much longer periods of time, in peace and love that is beyond our own understanding.

And so, when we are in, and walk in the Spirit to the degree that our mind is unconcerned or even oblivious to our flesh and the world, we are in the presence of the Father, indeed. That is the goal: to be in the Spirit all the time, toward perfection!

Bless you,

APAK

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understood what you meant.

You did eh?

You haven't understood what I said...but are putting your own ideas in and calling them mine. Never a good way to discuss things.

You are confusing the difference between a believer and a non-believer. There is a difference you know...of course in today's world the difference is just who is claiming more than the other so often. Same walk...just more arrogance and presumptions for they who justify themselves with their "free" stuff.

The child of God is given the power to OBEY the Spirit of God.

But that is not what you want. You are looking for a FREE pass for the flesh to inherit the kingdom of God. And the flesh is NOT subject to the law of God. So then you believe that the lawlessness of the carnal man receives a kingdom pass into eternity. And somehow THAT from a holy God? :confused:
Any "believer" in Christ, who wills his/her self to keep the Law verbatim, is seeking to be justified BY the Law, while professing Jesus to be their Savior at the same time. All of such have FALLEN from the Grace of God, which is Christ Jesus Himself.
Should die in that state, you will be found as being "double minded and unstable in ALL your ways, aka
"lukewarm".

Did you want to think that when you walk in the Law, you are walking in the Spirit?
Not so! You are walking in your own self help "safety net", because you don't really believe that Jesus WILL save you, in spite of yourself.
Is that how one has faith as a little child (infant)?
What does an infant know about the Law?
Nothing!
Repent from your Law keeping, and trust in Jesus as you supposedly profess! Or is it that you would just rather copy and mimic Him, with your own form of righteousness, which is of the Law?
Let GO,...and LET God!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is why there are only a few who actually find it.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, which are you?
Are you now "sin-less"?
Are you now "sin-free?
Are you now both?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct!! If you mean this: by his blood we are made to be "sin-less" before the Father, however while in this "body of death", we see that we are not
"sin-free".
So now, while we have this body of "flesh and blood", through faith in Christ ALONE, we are washed in the blood of Christ, and not by the stone dust of the Law, and are waiting for the Day of His return, whereby we will be resurrected into the Immortality of His likeness, solely by His Grace.

No, actually dead to willful sins of lawlessness. That does not mean we can't commit trespasses which are unknown mistakes, missing the bulls eye. Those we have an Advocate that cleanses them. But Jesus is NOT an advocate of willful sins that need to be repented and turned away from. Anyone who commits willful sins are not born again of the Spirit, but are a slave to sin and their father is still the devil.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every Christian believes in Preterism. It was prophesied that a Savior would come, and Jesus came... that is Preterism; that a prophesy has come true already, and we are not still waiting for it to happen.

But that is not fulfilling prophecy of the second coming.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is NOT Preterism. A Preterist is a delusional person: "One who believes the prophecies of the Apocalypse to have been already fulfilled."

Of course this is patently false, but if people love their delusions, then there is nothing you can do other than recommend psychotherapy.;)

"Psychotherapy is usually the most effective help in a person suffering from delusional disorder."

Reactions: CharismaticLady