Is Dispensationalism a valid way to interpret scripture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has made known His purpose to the Church;

eph2;
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
That would be nice, as long as one recognizes that any Jew who denies the Father and the Son, is antichrist.
So, for any Jew who wants to get anywhere with God the Father, they just best get on board with God's Plan of Salvation, with Jesus or remain LOST with the rest of Israel, who are VOID of the KoG.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that is not what you want. You are looking for a FREE pass for the flesh to inherit the kingdom of God. And the flesh is NOT subject to the law of God. So then you believe that the lawlessness of the carnal man receives a kingdom pass into eternity. And somehow THAT from a holy God? :confused:

Only the denominations out of the Reformation teach this twisted doctrine, that leads people straight to hell. All they have to do is forget all they've ever been taught and ask God that as they read the Bible the Spirit will tell them the real meaning of what they are reading. I prayed that prayer a few years ago and my understanding exploded! God will know your heart. If you want more understanding to win debates, I don't think God will listen to that prayer, but if you are actually hungering to understand what the Author means, God loves to answer that prayer.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, which are you?
Are you now "sin-less"?
Are you now "sin-free?
Are you now both?

Seek to enter into Christ in order to partake of His grace which is the exceeding power of God us-ward who believe.
In HIM is no sin.

Take your eyes off yourself and people and look to the Lord. That is where His strength comes from.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seek to enter into Christ in order to partake of His grace which is the exceeding power of God us-ward who believe.
In HIM is no sin.

Take your eyes off yourself and people and look to the Lord. That is where His strength comes from.
I was born again of His Holy Spirit many years ago.
It was then that I entered into Christ and He in me!
I have the Mind of Christ, and by his Blood through faith, I am not ever condemned, and am now by the Holy Spirit, a priest of God and of Christ, reigning with Him.
Rev. 20[6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know the scriptures that answer those questions. Do you believe them?
Yes! Through Christ, I am made to be "sin-less" before the Father.
In my flesh, this body of death, I am not ever "sin-free".
Therefore, in this life, I am "sin-less", but not "sin-free".
However, when Jesus soon returns in flaming fire,
I will be both!!

Reactions: marks

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think it is that we are "sinless" OR "sinfree", but that the sinning we continue to do is not counted against us in that we would be required to pay for it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't think it is that we are "sinless" OR "sinfree", but that the sinning we continue to do is not counted against us in that we would be required to pay for it.

The opposite is true... The Holy Spirit makes us MORE accountable for sins. We are more responsible for what we do because we are under grace. Grace is a higher walk but a higher responsibility as well.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The opposite is true... The Holy Spirit makes us MORE accountable for sins. We are more responsible for what we do because we are under grace. Grace is a higher walk but a higher responsibility as well.
So, now you have to do even more than Jesus already did? He got you "cleaned-up", only to that one point, and now you have to work harder than He did to keep yourself that way?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, now you have to do even more than Jesus already did? He got you "cleaned-up", only to that one point, and now you have to work harder than He did to keep yourself that way?

Brother, we have access to more grace than other people...so then we will also be judged against that. That's the righteous way.

It would be like someone with medical skills who comes upon a wounded person but doesn't use those skills to help out.

We have received the Spirit within...and this life is meant to be lived in...not just for our assurance and security... but to help others, to bind up wounds, to witness the truth and the freedom from bondage to others. To be salt and light in the world.

So it is really just allowing the grace to flow through us. Not by our works...but our willingness and faithfulness to stand in what God has given us.

When we do that we also find that we are not sinning as before. Once we get to the point of crossing over to be in HIM...we become a conduit of His life by the keeping power of God. At that stage...it is no longer us at all....but Christ in us who has taken over.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes! Through Christ, I am made to be "sin-less" before the Father.
In my flesh, this body of death, I am not ever "sin-free".
Therefore, in this life, I am "sin-less", but not "sin-free".
However, when Jesus soon returns in flaming fire,
I will be both!!

This is a doctrinal mish-mash...
Sin is sin. All that is not of faith is sin. So then it's just a question of the levels of sin...UNTIL one abides in Christ where there is no sin.

When a person says...I am or I will...so much there is always sin involved.

This is about grace through faith. From His grace in our own faith...to...His grace by His faith. From faith to Faith. So we are to walk in His power, His life, and His holiness. And all of these are without sin. Because IN Him is no sin.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By our faith in the blood of Christ, we are accepted of the Father, and therefore are made to be holy by the same.
Rev. 20[6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is sin. All that is not of faith is sin. So then it's just a question of the levels of sin...UNTIL one abides in Christ where there is no sin.

When a person says...I am or I will...so much there is always sin involved.

This is about grace through faith. From His grace in our own faith...to...His grace by His faith. From faith to Faith. So we are to walk in His power, His life, and His holiness. And all of these are without sin. Because IN Him is no sin.
Even If you do walk in Him 100% of the time, surely at some point your flesh has sinned!
Why can't you simply answer my questions?
Do you fear that you might find out something about your doctrines, that just don't add up?

How about this: In KJV- Mat. 5:19, how is it that BOTH the least and the great are IN THE KoG together?
Clue: Mat. 5:20

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, we have access to more grace than other people...so then we will also be judged against that. That's the righteous way.

It would be like someone with medical skills who comes upon a wounded person but doesn't use those skills to help out.

We have received the Spirit within...and this life is meant to be lived in...not just for our assurance and security... but to help others, to bind up wounds, to witness the truth and the freedom from bondage to others. To be salt and light in the world.

So it is really just allowing the grace to flow through us. Not by our works...but our willingness and faithfulness to stand in what God has given us.

When we do that we also find that we are not sinning as before. Once we get to the point of crossing over to be in HIM...we become a conduit of His life by the keeping power of God. At that stage...it is no longer us at all....but Christ in us who has taken over.
But, you still seem to be advocating that we are now required to work hard enough — do those things you mentioned, well enough — to earn "approval" of the Salvation I think we already have.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is seeking justification, by willfullyy keeping the Law, verbatim, of faith?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But, you still seem to be advocating that we are now required to work hard enough — do those things you mentioned, well enough — to earn "approval" of the Salvation I think we already have.
We are approved to enter into salvation right now. To walk by grace....His strength...and not our own. The works that are done from that place are for rewards on judgment day. But to wait for judgment day for salvation is a mistake for believers.

We have to bear fruit now. How? By walking with Jesus. By abiding in Him. By following Him in the closest way that our faith allows us.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are approved to enter into salvation right now. To walk by grace....His strength...and not our own. The works that are done from that place are for rewards on judgment day. But to wait for judgment day for salvation is a mistake for believers.

We have to bear fruit now. How? By walking with Jesus. By abiding in Him. By following Him in the closest way that our faith allows us.
If I do 7 good things a day, and you only do 5, does that mean I am getting a better house than you? (I suspect you would say it is dependent upon "the measure" given to each of us.) So, how does that sit with us making any sort of assessment (actually, "judgment") about the amount (or "quality") of good things being done by anyone else?

Last edited:
Reactions: stunnedbygrace