IS JESUS' SACRIFICE ETERNAL?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and yet that would have been quite easy to state in clear terms had that been what Paul intended, but i am sure he did not; what he intended was to make an obvious, even glaring statement that he intended to be misinterpreted by those with bad premises, while at the same time still being technically true, thus hiding wisdom from the wise." Hence we now have many who will assure you up one side and down the other that Paul said "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord," when that is not true and cannot be Quoted, except maybe in a really bad translation. See, as soon as i hear "but Paul said to be absent from yadayada..." i get to cry 'horse puckey,' and 'adding to Scripture' even, bc there is no "to be" in either "absent from the body" statement, which he said it twice for a reason too

so wadr no, imo Paul is specifically not emphasizing what you say even though it can be read that way, but rather the difference in someone who is operating with bad premises and someone who seeks to serve God wherever they happen to find themselves right now, which is after all the point of the passage, and not this "absent from the body" herring at all, see, that most everyone latches onto with all their might as they boldly misquote and misinterpret it, adding "to be" and forgetting all about "serving God now" whenever they repeat it, i did it too, 40+ years

No problem with me. Doesn't change the facts.

Spiritually a Converted man is already made DEAD, by the Spirit, being crucified with Chirst. Yet while you can physically SEE your own BODY, Spiritually it is KEPT with Christ, having been washed and sanctified....and ones Spiritual Life exists IN Jesus Christ, while the physical BODY, continues in Mortal Life, being called and Prepared to Serve the Lord and is Prepared to be risen up in Glory, when called.

Physically a Converted body shall experience Physical bodily death. Doesn't matter, since it is Spiritually washed and sanctified and Prepared to be risen up in Glory.

No one has disputed; as long as a man is Converted, and STILL physically alive, the Kingdom of God is within the man.

A saved soul and quicken spirit of a man, Does not remain in a physicaly dead body of a man.....IT GOES TO GODS KINGDOM....in Heaven, from whence it came......which is NOT OF THIS WORLD!! (Earth).

Glory to God. His word is TRUE, whether or not one knows it, believes it, or understands it.

Taken

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol, ok, i will try
ok, ty for playing, but no one has ever gone up to heaven except He Who came down from it, and the kingdom of heaven is within us, the Body of Christ, and you cannot Quote any support for your declarations, see,

You set your premise in post # 73 as even seen quoted here.

NO one is claiming "BODIES" of men came down from Heaven or return to Heaven.

You do not appear to comprehend....
Life, souls, come from God IN Heaven, and saved souls are called man, and return to God in Heaven.

You do not appear to comprehend....
Life, spirits born again, come from God IN Heaven, are called man, and return to God in Heaven.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what would it take to convince you that Scripture is not Word, Taken?

Prove the Scripture wrong...

The Gospel according to John. Any scripture identified in Chapter 1.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, absolutely not, i am not here to give you any fish,

I am not taking anything from you.

and you are not the arbiter of my posts...

Well, if you misrepresent what I say.
Which was the case, and because your knowledge limits what is, and thus I give more knowledge of what DOES apply to what I have said.

No issue with me, if you are content, if you reject more knowledge revealed in scripture.

What is satisfactory to you is okay by me.
Just as what is satisfatory to me, is okay by me.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kosmou is not erets, and wadr you are...broadcasting on more than one channel, ok Taken
have a nice day

Scripture is not a one liner. Scripture has multiple facets, as it applies to multiple men, at any given moment.

God Bless,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I is ME.
Even when we don't have a body but only a soul and spirit, we'll still know who we are. How could it be otherwise? If we don't know who we are, how would we know we made it to heaven?

HOW do you think they'll be different?
And do you believe we'll have a NEW earth which will be "heaven" one day?

Why would the "there" from Turin be off?

Yes, Paul got a new name ...we was once Saul and God changed it to Paul. God changed Jacob's name to Israel... Abram was changed to Abraham....etc God is in the name changing game...:)

Changing the name didn't change 'them' in one way God just blessed that in a new name... I think we will still be the essence of 'us' with the nature change and calling change.
By reading Rev 3 ..it is only to "him the overcometh will I give a new name" He is addressing the overcomers there...and it indicates that they were not all of the church...but a group out of the church...some overcame, some did't ....as in Hebrews 11...some made it into that group, but many names are missing...yet we know they were well and truly saved ...like Caleb etc etc... :)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes, Paul got a new name ...we was once Saul and God changed it to Paul. God changed Jacob's name to Israel... Abram was changed to Abraham....etc God is in the name changing game...:)

Changing the name didn't change 'them' in one way God just blessed that in a new name... I think we will still be the essence of 'us' with the nature change and calling change.
By reading Rev 3 ..it is only to "him the overcometh will I give a new name" He is addressing the overcomers there...and it indicates that they were not all of the church...but a group out of the church...some overcame, some did't ....as in Hebrews 11...some made it into that group, but many names are missing...yet we know they were well and truly saved ...like Caleb etc etc... :)
Agreed.
I'm not very good at Revelation --- why do you think God will change our names?
Does it say why?

When He changed the names of those here it was because THEY were going to change so much .. their "office" changed.

Comments?

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Disagree.

Stars are signs, that represent something.
The Things Stars represent, is severally.

1) The BRIGHT Star, over Bethlehem, was a sign of Jesus manifestation on Earth, as Jesus is Bright, Light.

2) Thousands of Stars in the skys are signs of Gods Holy Angels presence, servants and messengers of God, helpers of God forward to mankind, always present and willing to do Gods will.

3) Stars SEEN, and then NOT SEEN, (fallen) are representative of 3 things.

...1) Holy angels, (having fallen), no longer holy, corrupt, no longer bright, in darkness, no longer serving God or present serving God according to His will.

...2) Earthly powerful Governments, mankind establishes, existing, in corruption, and (fallen) in corruption, extinguished, in darkness, existing no more.

...3) Gods established Governments, from Early beginning of man and forward.

God Bless,
Taken
Whateva Taken.
I can't even respond to this...

A dying star...A supernova.

upload_2018-11-8_21-56-18.jpeg

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whateva Taken.
I can't even respond to this...

A dying star...A supernova.

View attachment 4554

No problem.
I am familiar with Science. It was taught by God (EX31:3 - EX 35:35)
And His People in ancient days (Dan 1:4)
And forward to this day. (Nobel prize winners 22% of the World receipents in the last 100 years)
However it was not intended to supersede Gods Word.

Numbers of stars are historically compared to angels, men, the Lord, according to Scriptural Knowledge and Spirtual Understanding.

God Bless,
Taken

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A poster just said this:

Yes, it [Christ's sacrifice] is eternal...in its result, NOT ITS PROCESS.

Is Jesus' sacrifice eternal just in its result, or ALSO in its process?
What exactly does eternal mean?

This is a definition of the word:

eternal
[ih-tur-nl]
See more synonyms for eternal on Thesaurus.com
adjective

1. without beginning or end; lasting forever; alwaysexisting (opposed to temporal):eternal life.
  2. perpetual; ceaseless; endless:eternal quarreling; eternal chatter.
  3. enduring; immutable:eternal principles.

We many times say that from the beginning, God had planned a Savior since He knew we would need one.

Right now I'm thinking Jesus' sacrifice IS eternal.

Was it??
Or was only its result eternal??
I think that was me who said it. According to moronic papists, "eternal sacrifice" refers to both result and process, which is why they have to keep Jesus on the Cross 24/7, for purposes of the exoteric "Eucharist" and the esoteric "defeated Christ" which pleases Satan, especially when he sees the pope kissing the staff upon which is the emaciated crucified Christ - the same one his satanists use to mock God.

The "eternal" aspect of His sacrifice has to do with eliminating for all eternity the need of any further sacrifices for sin and nothing more. The "Lamb slain" refers to when the Father and Son agreed that He would become the Savior of man should he fall into sin.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No problem.
I am familiar with Science. It was taught by God (EX31:3 - EX 35:35)
And His People in ancient days (Dan 1:4)
And forward to this day. (Nobel prize winners 22% of the World receipents in the last 100 years)
However it was not intended to supersede Gods Word.

Numbers of stars are historically compared to angels, men, the Lord, according to Scriptural Knowledge and Spirtual Understanding.

God Bless,
Taken
The bible is not a science manual.
Not much more to say...you can believe what you may; it has nothing to do with salvation so I'm not very bothered by what you wish to believe.

I'd just like to remind everyone that the O.T. was written about 4,000 years ago.
No telescopes back then.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible is not a science manual.
Not much more to say...you can believe what you may; it has nothing to do with salvation so I'm not very bothered by what you wish to believe.

I'd just like to remind everyone that the O.T. was written about 4,000 years ago.
No telescopes back then.

Men didn't require a Telescope to believe...
The NUMBER of stars a man can see...
IS likened to the NUMBER of angels.
IS likened to the NUMBER of mankind.
IS likened to ONE who IS God.

And "A" SINGLE PARTICULAR BRIGHT STAR, foretold....and seen by men...(without a telescope)....to which you can Believe the prophecy that WAS foretold and Believe the the testimony of "that" prophecy having come to pass.....OR NOT.

Num 24:
[17] I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.

Matt 2: 2
Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Glory to God,
Taken

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Men didn't require a Telescope to believe...
The NUMBER of stars a man can see...
IS likened to the NUMBER of angels.
IS likened to the NUMBER of mankind.
IS likened to ONE who IS God.

And "A" SINGLE PARTICULAR BRIGHT STAR, foretold....and seen by men...(without a telescope)....to which you can Believe the prophecy that WAS foretold and Believe the the testimony of "that" prophecy having come to pass.....OR NOT.

Num 24:
[17] I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.

Matt 2: 2
Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Glory to God,
Taken
I agree about the star over Bethlehem.
The wise men certainly were waiting for a sign from heaven and they followed the star that was unusual for its time.

God told Abraham he would be the father of as many men as the stars...
meaning MANY men...more than could be counted at that time.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I think that was me who said it. According to moronic papists, "eternal sacrifice" refers to both result and process, which is why they have to keep Jesus on the Cross 24/7, for purposes of the exoteric "Eucharist" and the esoteric "defeated Christ" which pleases Satan, especially when he sees the pope kissing the staff upon which is the emaciated crucified Christ - the same one his satanists use to mock God.

The "eternal" aspect of His sacrifice has to do with eliminating for all eternity the need of any further sacrifices for sin and nothing more. The "Lamb slain" refers to when the Father and Son agreed that He would become the Savior of man should he fall into sin.
I agree. But I also see His sacrifice as going down in OUR time and belonging to all men. When I go to a Catholic Mass I see that the sacrifice is brought to our TIME, as if we were standing at the foot of the cross. I find this very beautiful, I can't really explain it.

Jesus did, however, die once and for all. No other sacrifices necessary.
It just seems to me that it's for ALL TIME.

Oh. And I don't believe Catholics see Christ as a defeated Christ who is still on the cross. I used to think this too, but it's not true. They see a Christ that is resurrected and alive. (I'm not Catholic, but do some studying with them).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree about the star over Bethlehem.
The wise men certainly were waiting for a sign from heaven and they followed the star that was unusual for its time.

God told Abraham he would be the father of as many men as the stars...
meaning MANY men...more than could be counted at that time.

Yes...and it doesn't require SCIENCE to know the purpose of Stars. And SCIENCE is also an IMPORTANT provision God provided for men.

Neither the Information IN Scripture or the Information pertaining to Science discovered by men.....is taught to be used for WICKEDNESS or EVIL.

Glory to God,
Taken

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes...and it doesn't require SCIENCE to know the purpose of Stars. And SCIENCE is also an IMPORTANT provision God provided for men.

Neither the Information IN Scripture or the Information pertaining to Science discovered by men.....is taught to be used for WICKEDNESS or EVIL.

Glory to God,
Taken
But science today IS used for an evil purpose...
It's used to disprove the exitence of God.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Sure it is. As well, some men use it for good, as intended.

God Bless,
Taken
I really dislike when posters only post a PART of another members post.
What you posted does not represent our conversation.

YOU said:

In this post you say that it is also used for good. That is NOT what you said in your last post...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really dislike when posters only post a PART of another members post.
What you posted does not represent our conversation.

YOU said:

In this post you say that it is also used for good. That is NOT what you said in your last post...

I know what I said.

I do not need to repeat your whole post to respond to it.

It is not a secret God is the provider.
It seemed to be a secret God also provided Science.
It is not a secret everything God provides is intended for man use for good.
It is not secret not all men choose to use Gods provisions For good.

What exactly is still a mystery to you?

Glory to God,
Taken