Jack Van Impe Challenging Pope Francis to Debate!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know the names?
Yes, except for Saturday and Sunday, I’ve looked them up, it’s like this:

Segunda-feira-Monday
Terça-feira-Tuesday
Quarta-feira-Wednesday
Quinta-feira Thursday
Sexta-feira Friday

Segunda meaning second
Terça meaning third
Quarta meaning fourth
Quinta meaning fifth
Sexta meaning sixth

Saturday is Sábado
Sunday is Domingo

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes, except for Saturday and Sunday, I’ve looked them up, it’s like this:

Segunda-feira-Monday
Terça-feira-Tuesday
Quarta-feira-Wednesday
Quinta-feira Thursday
Sexta-feira Friday

Segunda meaning second
Terça meaning third
Quarta meaning fourth
Quinta meaning fifth
Sexta meaning sixth

Saturday is Sábado
Sunday is Domingo
Great!
Thanks. Learned something new.
Sabado and Domingo is like Italian.
Sabbato - Domenica.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did Jesus Christ make Sunday the Sabbath day, day of rest or was it Constantine, the Roman emperor?

I know that Jesus Christ alleviated the dietary laws by saying that anything my Father created is not unclean, but I never read or heard of Christ changing the Sabbath day, except when he was charged by the Sanhedrin for not keeping it.

Just trying to learn here Reggie.
Jesus is what it's all about, he came so it's a new Day, it's so that we are not under the old but a new.
If people are keeping the old, well they are exposing themselves as such in rejecting Jesus as the Christ truly and from what I have seen they have another Jesus, they are looking to another in fact, it's all about the 2ed coming to them, because they do not have total faith in Jesus Christ, but are looking for another. they think that something will be added too or was some how lost in what Christ Jesus did or said.

I could not care what Constantine or any Roman Emperor said as that has not anything really to do with Christianity really at all, Christianity started off with Christ Jesus and the true Israelites followed in him, I am not interested in Goyim, because Goyim-ism ? is nothing to do with Christianity, Christianity is all about being a Israelite (servant of God) race does not enter the picture when one is born again. their are no Jew or Gentile under true Christianity.

But Jesus says, was Sabbath made for man or man made for Sabbath ?

It's about Christ Resurrection as to the day being changed to Sunday it's a new starting point as to history and that's why it's called the year of our Lord 2019 now.

Reactions: Enoch111

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And apparently you don't have the calacity to differentiate between poetry and poetic language . . .
Whether the catholic priest claims to be "the creator of his Creator" or claims to change dead bread and booze into the body and blood of Jesus, both are Satanic blasphemous deception in the highest order.

God told the king of Tyre that though he claimed to be god, he was no god at all and would die the death of a mere man --- which serves as a warning to all, including catholic priests, who would dare make such blasphemous claims.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether the catholic priest claims to be "the creator of his Creator" or claims to change dead bread and booze into the body and blood of Jesus, both are Satanic blasphemous deception in the highest order.

God told the king of Tyre that though he claimed to be god, he was no god at all and would die the death of a mere man --- which serves as a warning to all, including catholic priests, who would dare make such blasphemous claims.
And once again, Einstein - it is the Holy Spirit who changes the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ.
\YOUR lack of faith in the power of God is pathetic . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And once again, Einstein - it is the Holy Spirit who changes the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ.
\YOUR lack of faith in the power of God is pathetic . . .
Dead Bread, here's a eucharist news flash for you:

IT'S STILL STALE BREAD AND BOOZE FROM START TO FINISH!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Anybody to arrange a debate for me? Between myself and anyone. But I would be thankful most for a debate between myself and Samuele Bacchiocchhi who's now dead. So the project manager will have to get a trustworthy medium as well.

No but serious now, between myself and anybody, preferably Walter Veith on the times and laws of God changed.

I'm just a poor white, so cannot do anything for myself like arranging my own debates only perhaps on internet where I'm not broomed off the pavement already.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dead Bread, here's a eucharist news flash for you:
IT'S STILL STALE BREAD AND BOOZE FROM START TO FINISH!
Sooooo, God doesn't have any power?? Is THAT what you're saying??
The water at the Wedding at Cana just remained water??

As I stated earlier - your lack of faith is disgusting . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo, God doesn't have any power?? Is THAT what you're saying??
The water at the Wedding at Cana just remained water??

As I stated earlier - your lack of faith is disgusting . . .
God is Almighty but the papal priesthood is a fraud, according to Isaiah 8:20: "To the law and to the testimony, if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is NO LIGHT in them."

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is Almighty but the papal priesthood is a fraud, according to Isaiah 8:20: "To the law and to the testimony, if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is NO LIGHT in them."
Isaiah 8:20 refers to those who practice the occult. Context is your enemy.

16 Bind up the testimony, seal the teaching among my disciples. 17 I will wait for the Lord, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob, and I will hope in him. 18 See, I and the children whom the Lord has given me are signs and portents in Israel from the Lord of hosts, who dwells on Mount Zion. 19 Now if people say to you, “Consult the ghosts and the familiar spirits that chirp and mutter; should not a people consult their gods, the dead on behalf of the living, 20 for teaching and for instruction?” surely, those who speak like this will have no dawn! 21 They will pass through the land, greatly distressed and hungry; when they are hungry, they will be enraged and will curse their king and their gods. They will turn their faces upward, 22 or they will look to the earth, but will see only distress and darkness, the gloom of anguish; and they will be thrust into thick darkness.

This is a much closer description of Ellen G. White, a known occultist, than it is your fictitious "papal priesthood".

Reactions: BreadOfLife

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhhh, yes - moving the goalposts yet again . . .

We were talking about the Eucharist - NOT the priesthood. YOUR contention is that God doesn't have the power to change bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ because of your abhorrent lack f faith. Now you go babbling on about an obscure passage from Isaiah that has nothing to do with either.

Your desperation is matched only by your total ignorance . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 8:20 refers to those who practice the occult. Context is your enemy.

16 Bind up the testimony, seal the teaching among my disciples. 17 I will wait for the Lord, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob, and I will hope in him. 18 See, I and the children whom the Lord has given me are signs and portents in Israel from the Lord of hosts, who dwells on Mount Zion. 19 Now if people say to you, “Consult the ghosts and the familiar spirits that chirp and mutter; should not a people consult their gods, the dead on behalf of the living, 20 for teaching and for instruction?” surely, those who speak like this will have no dawn! 21 They will pass through the land, greatly distressed and hungry; when they are hungry, they will be enraged and will curse their king and their gods. They will turn their faces upward, 22 or they will look to the earth, but will see only distress and darkness, the gloom of anguish; and they will be thrust into thick darkness.

This is a much closer description of Ellen G. White, a known occultist, than it is your fictitious "papal priesthood".
The occult is exactly what the papacy practices! It is ancient Babylonian Sun worship perfected. It speaks contrary to Scripture on every point. EGW, on the other hand, has never spoken against Scripture, only wrong interpretations of Scripture.

Reactions: Nancy

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhhh, yes - moving the goalposts yet again . . .

We were talking about the Eucharist - NOT the priesthood. YOUR contention is that God doesn't have the power to change bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ because of your abhorrent lack f faith. Now you go babbling on about an obscure passage from Isaiah that has nothing to do with either.

Your desperation is matched only by your total ignorance . . .
The eucharist is just as illegit as the papal priesthood, DB. According to Scripture, EVERY Christian is a "saint" and "king" and "priest", so why does the papacy limit the king to the pope and priests to the papal priesthood...and saints to dead catholics?

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The eucharist is just as illegit as the papal priesthood, DB. According to Scripture, EVERY Christian is a "saint" and "king" and "priest", so why does the papacy limit the king to the pope and priests to the papal priesthood...and saints to dead catholics?
Your hatred of Christ's Church is only surpassed by your abject ignorance of it.

First of all - just as in the Old Testament, there are THREE levels of Priesthood in the New Testament:
In the OT, there was the High Priest.
Then there were the Levitical/Ministerial Priests.
Finally, there was the General Priesthood of God's people.

In the NT, Jesus is our High Priest.
then there is the Ministerial Priesthood.
Finally, the General Priesthood of all believers.

Finally - the canonization of saints doesn't mean that the ONLY saints are those who are canonized, Einstein.
They are simply officially recognized.

Do your homework . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your hatred of Christ's Church is only surpassed by your abject ignorance of it.
Nothing like throwing around the "H" word when you have no leg to stand on, right DB?
First of all - just as in the Old Testament, there are THREE levels of Priesthood in the New Testament:
What does the Old Testament priesthood have to do with the Biblical New Testament church of which papists are not members? The New Testament is a "bottom up" organization, not a top down hierarchical fraud that is the papacy. In God's church, we are all equal members of the Body, over which Jesus is the "chief Shepherd". Your demonic papal organization won't even grant Jesus to be the king over it, seeing that it calls the pope "king of heaven, Earth, and Purgatory".
Finally - the canonization of saints doesn't mean that the ONLY saints are those who are canonized, Einstein. They are simply officially recognized.
Jesuit Dead Bread, I don't know which you excel at the most: your ability to deny reality, papal teachings, twist the Scriptures, or defend indefensible papal demonic dogma. Why are only dead catholics referred to as "saints" when the Bible clearly says we are all saints, while we live and after we're dead?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing like throwing around the "H" word when you have no leg to stand on, right DB?
What does the Old Testament priesthood have to do with the Biblical New Testament church of which papists are not members? The New Testament is a "bottom up" organization, not a top down hierarchical fraud that is the papacy. In God's church, we are all equal members of the Body, over which Jesus is the "chief Shepherd". Your demonic papal organization won't even grant Jesus to be the king over it, seeing that it calls the pope "king of heaven, Earth, and Purgatory".
Jesuit Dead Bread, I don't know which you excel at the most: your ability to deny reality, papal teachings, twist the Scriptures, or defend indefensible papal demonic dogma. Why are only dead catholics referred to as "saints" when the Bible clearly says we are all saints, while we live and after we're dead?
Why do YOU keep asking the same question - after I explain it to you??

I already explained to you that canonized Saints are simply those the Church has officially recognized. The Church doesn't say that there aren't other saints - and NOWHERE does the bible say that we are ALL saints.

As for the three levels of Priesthood in the OT - if YOU have a problem with it, take it up with GOD - not me.
YOUR denial of Church hierarchy is simply ignorance of Scripture:

1 Thess. 5:12
We ask you, brothers, to respect those who are laboring among you and who are OVER YOU in the Lord and who admonish you,

1 Tim. 5:17
Let the elders that RULE WELL be counted worthy of DOUBLE HONOUR, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

1 Cor. 12:28
Some people God has designated in the church to be, FIRST, apostles; SECOND, prophets; THIRD, teachers; then, mighty deeds; then, gifts of healing, assistance, administration, and varieties of tongues.

Do your HOMEWORK . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do YOU keep asking the same question - after I explain it to you??
Because your answers make no sense.
I already explained to you that canonized Saints are simply those the Church has officially recognized. The Church doesn't say that there aren't other saints -
Please give us just one example of catholic officials referring to any living person as a "saint" - and not in a colloquial fashion, but in the PROTESTANT fashion that makes the words "Christian" and "saint" synonymous.
and NOWHERE does the bible say that we are ALL saints.
Let's read in the Psalms about the Second Coming, shall we?

50:3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.
50:4 He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people.
50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.​

Got that, Dead Bread? God is coming to gather His SAINTS - those that have made a covenant with Him by offering their bodies a "living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto the Lord". Got it? WE ARE ALL SAINTS, NOT JUST DEAD CATHOLICS.
As for the three levels of Priesthood in the OT - if YOU have a problem with it, take it up with GOD - not me. YOUR denial of Church hierarchy is simply ignorance of Scripture:
Please stop twisting Scripture! Of course the church appoints leaders over the work. Their function is for administration, not as a sequel to the OT priesthood! What your feeble papal brain cannot understand is that in the OT the Israelite people were not priests, but were subject to a priesthood. In the NT, WE ARE ALL "KINGS" AND "PRIESTS". Do you finally understand why the papal priesthood is an illegit organization, or should I say it in Latin?