Jack Van Impe Challenging Pope Francis to Debate!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. Sunday worship was called "taking the Mark of the Beast". Except the Beast has not shown up as yet. Now that is beastly.
Sunday is the first day of the week, and as the title suggests it would be Sun worship.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sunday is the start of the week is it not.
All atheist want to start the week of with Monday, one can see that with Calender's marked that way.
You never see a Christian Calender start with anything but Sunday.

When one understands that Jesus was Christ the old Jewish day was over and the new came into light, that being Sunday.
Now Satan is trying to undermine Sunday and we see people are becoming enslaved having to work 7 days a week now, it's a work of Satan trying to undermine all under it's power.
I have seen religious mobs peddle against Sunday so as not to pay others extra and to get them to work like slaves regardless.

If one does not believe it's Sunday worship then they are not truly Christians, or you will find that they have another Jesus, it's all about the 2ed coming to them and idolising so called Jews, for they have abandoned Jesus Christ as they have no faith truly in him, but are looking to another to come and this will be the Devil.
As in the true second coming Jesus is not coming in the flesh, Jesus is in the Holy Spirit as he always is and has been.
Did Jesus Christ make Sunday the Sabbath day, day of rest or was it Constantine, the Roman emperor?

I know that Jesus Christ alleviated the dietary laws by saying that anything my Father created is not unclean, but I never read or heard of Christ changing the Sabbath day, except when he was charged by the Sanhedrin for not keeping it.

Just trying to learn here Reggie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sunday is the first day of the week, and as the title suggests it would be Sun worship.
Well Saturday was dedicated to Saturn, who was an extremely evil god. Far worse than Sol. Do you see how silly this argument is?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Saturday was dedicated to Saturn, who was an extremely evil god. Far worse than Sol. Do you see how silly this argument is?

Ha! I was thinking of posting along these same lines, and I wondered if Saturday did indeed mean "Saturn"! And, should it really matter as we should be worshiping Him in truth and Spirit EVERYDAY!

Reactions: JohnPaul

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and I wondered if Saturday did indeed mean "Saturn"!
Yes it does. And here is one of his really evil deeds.

'Saturn’s original counterpart in Greece was CRONUS.Cronus was a Titan. In Greek mythology, THE TITANS were the children of the earth mother Gaia and the sky father URANUS. There were six of them, and Cronus was the youngest. Cronus wanted to rule the universe, so he overthrew his father Uranus, and, so his children wouldn’t overthrow him, Cronus ate them. However, his son Zeus escaped and became the chief Greek god... But his other wife Lua was a goddess of war and destruction. And, although Saturn tried to civilize the people of Latium, as Cronus he did violence to his father Uranus [meaning he killed him].'
Saturn • Facts and Information on the God Saturn

Sol on the other hand was not evil. So to talk about Saturday and Sunday and connect them to these pagan gods puts Sabbatarians in a very difficult position.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
GodsGrace, you beat me to it, I’m feeling a lot of hate on this thread.
Me too,,,and I don't really understand it.

BTW, I almost missed your post.
When you want to speak to someone,
use the @ sign and then immediately after it just right their name. Like this @JohnPaul

In fact, you'll find that after you type 2 or 3 letters, the name will automatically appear and you could just click on it.

Welcome to the forum!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I hate the teachings of the catholic church because they are doctrines of devils which, as one writer put it, are "a method of forgetting God which shall pass as a method of remembering him.". Many catholics are happy with this arrangement - they can live as they please as long as they adhere to a few rituals/rites, etc. They need to be warned that only FULL SURRENDER to Christ can deliver a soul from eternal damnation.

What you recklessly, callously call "hate" is actually hope to those who hear and the warning to "come out of Babylon, My people, that ye be not partakers of her sins and recieve not of her plagues."
I'm not reckless about much.
If a person feels hate eminating from you,,,they will not heed anything you have to say.

Catholics cannot live as they please.
Priests are allowed not to give absolution if they feel the penitent is not really sorry.
They preach Christ at every Mass.

I agree with you that the full, and PLAIN, gospel message is not preached.
They do say what needs to be said,,,but unless one already knows the gospel message, it's rather difficult to comprehend what is being said.

However, we shouldn't be negative.
I know many person that know the gospel and refuse it.
I know persons that don't know it at all and yet are saved through Christ.

I don't see the CC as a devilish institution.
Maybe they just make mistakes?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I've not time for the emotionally unstable. No, I don't thing Sunday worshipers are going to hell and the SDA church doesn't teach that.

What we teach is that, just as in Bible times, religious laws will be enacted in which God's law will be replaced with man made laws, the chief of which will be Sunday sacredness - which the catholic church proudly claims is "our MARK of authority". Then, God's people will have to choose, just as in the days of Daniel, Esther, the Apostles, etc., to either obey man's laws or God's laws - and by that obtain the "Seal of God" or the "Mark of the Beast".

Those who truly love God always keep His commandments - they don't look to excuse those who break them and teach others to do so, and certainly don't attack those who are calling sin by it's rightful name.
Don't understand what you're saying.
I hope you're not saying I'm emotionally unstable.

First you said Sunday worshippers are NOT going to be lost.
Then it sounds like you're saying they do because they don't keep the commandments.

As to men's laws...I agree. Does every church have men's laws?
What about tithing?

And as to Sunday worship...I really don't care to debate it,,,but it was practiced right after Jesus resurrected. The Early Church Fathers practiced Sunday worship.
It's not like the CC invented this recently.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only in the Germanic languages I believe, in Latin it’s Sábado, translated into Sabbathday.

Monday- Moon day
Tuesday- Tyr’s day
Wednesday- Wodin’s day
Thursday- Thor’s day
Friday- Frigg’s day

All Norse Gods, except for moon of course.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me too,,,and I don't really understand it.

BTW, I almost missed your post.
When you want to speak to someone,
use the @ sign and then immediately after it just right their name. Like this @JohnPaul

In fact, you'll find that after you type 2 or 3 letters, the name will automatically appear and you could just click on it.

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you GodsGrace, will do.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does. And here is one of his really evil deeds.

'Saturn’s original counterpart in Greece was CRONUS.Cronus was a Titan. In Greek mythology, THE TITANS were the children of the earth mother Gaia and the sky father URANUS. There were six of them, and Cronus was the youngest. Cronus wanted to rule the universe, so he overthrew his father Uranus, and, so his children wouldn’t overthrow him, Cronus ate them. However, his son Zeus escaped and became the chief Greek god... But his other wife Lua was a goddess of war and destruction. And, although Saturn tried to civilize the people of Latium, as Cronus he did violence to his father Uranus [meaning he killed him].'
Saturn • Facts and Information on the God Saturn

Sol on the other hand was not evil. So to talk about Saturday and Sunday and connect them to these pagan gods puts Sabbatarians in a very difficult position.

I am going to take a gander here, (yeah - I could google it but, I would rather see what my friends on here think first :) ) and say that every day of our week is named after a Greek god. And aren't we not to esteem one day above another?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I am going to take a gander here, (yeah - I could google it but, I would rather see what my friends on here think first :) ) and say that every day of our week is named after a Greek god. And aren't we not to esteem one day above another?
Guess it depends on who you ask!

In Italian the days are named after planets:

Lunedi Moon day
Martedi Mars
Mercoledi Mercury
Giovedi Jupiter
Venerdi Venus
Sabato Sabbath
Domenica God (Dominus) (day of the LORD)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess it depends on who you ask!

In Italian the days are named after planets:

Lunedi Moon day
Martedi Mars
Mercoledi Mercury
Giovedi Jupiter
Venerdi Venus
Sabato Sabbath
Domenica God (Dominus) (day of the LORD)
Or Norse Gods in America and the English speaking world.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right.
Depends on the language, the culture,
what was believed hundreds of years ago when the names were given.
Yes, and in the Portuguese speaking world they are named numerically wise, which is good I guess, at least they’re not named after pagan Gods.