Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgment.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus Christ Return's, It's Final Judgment By Fire, No Mortal Human Survives.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Nahum 1:5KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-8KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Matthew 13:40KJV
As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well i guess obviously Christ cannot appear until He is revealed, right? But don't overlook the implications iow
I posted the scripture with the "Direct Intent" Of showing Jesus Christ

"reveals"/"appears"/"presence" In Fire!

You notice "Millennialist" don't want to touch this one, it destroys their teaching that Jesus Returns To Start A Millennium.

Jesus Returns In Fire And Final judgment, dissolving this earth by fire.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I posted the scripture with the "Direct Intent" Of showing Jesus Christ reveals/appears in fire.

You notice "Millennialist" don't want to touch this one, it destroys their teaching that Jesus Returns To Start A Millennium.

Jesus Returns In Fire And Final judgment, dissolving this earth by fire.
that is your impression right now but i would try to keep an open mind there at least, ok.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is your impression right now but i would try to keep an open mind there at least, ok.
My impression won't change, as God's word's don't change.

Please give your explanation of the presented verses?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
My impression won't change, as God's word's don't change.
well, you might consider that you did not hear God say any of those words, that have been translated for you, and then interpreted to boot. If you say they won't change, then by def they are not impressions, yes? So your impressions have become Absolute Truths, see

the present in "stay here for the present" has been defined iow, and by God there better be a present, in that case
Please give your explanation of the presented verses?
rather than do that i would consider that the time of our "death" according to Scripture is being manipulated, in order to speak on a spiritual level, while also appealing to people's expectations should they wish to interpret "literal death." Or literal "fire," which is also surely symbolic; "baptism of fire" does not mean "literally burned" for instance.

So, when Christ is revealed--bc Christ is Word, Spirit, never left anywhere, so not ever "coming back" to anywhere--some stuff is going to get burned up, yes, Kaepernick or Gandhi come to mind, note the "fires" they lit? more like that perhaps

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When Jesus Christ Return's, It's Final Judgment By Fire, No Mortal Human Survives.
You have quoted a number of verses to suggest that they are all applicable at the same time. That is incorrect.

For example, 1 Cor 3:13 has absolutely nothing to do with the second coming of Christ. It applies to the Judgment Seat of Christ and the judgment of the works of Christians (before the second coming of Christ). And Matthew 13:40 applies to the Great White Throne Judgment, which occurs long after the second coming of Christ. Also to quote Revelation 21 in this context is totally misleading.

So altogether, your OP is bound to create a great deal of confusion. And God is not the Author of confusion

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, you might consider that you did not hear God say any of those words, that have been translated for you, and then interpreted to boot. If you say they won't change, then by def they are not impressions, yes? So your impressions have become Absolute Truths, see

the present in "stay here for the present" has been defined iow, and by God there better be a present, in that case
rather than do that i would consider that the time of our "death" according to Scripture is being manipulated, in order to speak on a spiritual level, while also appealing to people's expectations should they wish to interpret "literal death." Or literal "fire," which is also surely symbolic; "baptism of fire" does not mean "literally burned" for instance.

So, when Christ is revealed--bc Christ is Word, Spirit, never left anywhere, so not ever "coming back" to anywhere--some stuff is going to get burned up, yes, Kaepernick or Gandhi come to mind, note the "fires" they lit? more like that perhaps
Well you ran around the bush four times to say you don't believe one verse in the OP means "Literal Fire"

I guess you believe Sodom and Gomorrah was a fairy tale, no literal fire from heaven either?

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

Reactions: Triumph1300

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well you ran around the bush four times to say you don't believe one verse in the OP means "Literal Fire"
well i don't mean that what you have all decided in your mind could not possibly come true, just that the physical is often used as a parable. Might fire and brimstone rain down on the whole earth in some future day? Sure; but the Son of Man is right here, right now, so this day becomes more one of expectations rather than reality, at least quite possibly.

iow if you are looking for a physical Return, then bam look for literal fire too

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So thus, "when Christ 'returns' to people who are living in the world, like Lot was, Christ is going to be the all-consuming fire."

iow Christ is maybe only "returning" to ppl in the world, that being the perspective of someone of the world; a believer has Christ revealed, understanding I will never leave you nor forsake you

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So thus, "when Christ 'returns' to people who are living in the world, like Lot was, Christ is going to be the all-consuming fire."

iow Christ is maybe only "returning" to ppl in the world, that being the perspective of someone of the world; a believer has Christ revealed, understanding I will never leave you nor forsake you
Turning all the literal fire into?

I'll never leave you or forsake you is a bit far fetched, as you run from the truth of God's word.

Sorta like the cow jumped over the moon denial of truth in response.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thus!

More mumbo jumbo false personal claims.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'll never leave you or forsake you is a bit far fetched, as you run from the truth of God's word.
so then I'll never leave you nor forsake you is farfetched, but a world-wide appearance of Jesus in the clouds on a white horse with a sword coming out of His mouth, tomorrow, we can sell that all day long right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Turning all the literal fire into?
literal fire for literal people. By definition if you posit a rain of fire in some tomorrow for someone bc they do not share your beliefs, you advocate fear for them. This is digging a ditch for someone else to fall into, don't you think?

now i have been careful to not make any claims here, so i'm confident that that post will just get ignored too, but i don't think it's out of line to suggest that it is at least possible that Kaepernick's or Gandhi's notable "fire" is a much more valid characterization than some overactive and misguided imaginations of the blind--about some "tomorrow" no less--who have presumed to get "ordained" and then signed Contracts for Jesus--regardless of intent--before they can even be considered qualified to teach you
wadr

all the "fire" and "final judgement" is in there to snare the judgemental prolly
does a fab job too i guess huh

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
literal fire for literal people. By definition if you posit a rain of fire in some tomorrow for someone bc they do not share your beliefs, you advocate fear for them. This is digging a ditch for someone else to fall into, don't you think?

now i have been careful to not make any claims here, so i'm confident that that post will just get ignored too, but i don't think it's out of line to suggest that it is at least possible that Kaepernick's or Gandhi's notable "fire" is a much more valid characterization than some overactive and misguided imaginations of the blind--about some "tomorrow" no less--who have presumed to get "ordained" and then signed Contracts for Jesus--regardless of intent--before they can even be considered qualified to teach you
wadr

all the "fire" and "final judgement" is in there to snare the judgemental prolly
does a fab job too i guess huh
I guess you believe Sodom and Gomorrah was a fairy tale, no literal fire from heaven either?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
not for Lot anyway, right, i mean he was from there too. So regardless of how literal the fire was to someone of the world--Sodom and Gomorrah--who got destroyed by it, others--Lot et al--"from" there have a different perspective; that of being pulled from the fire, so to speak.

So, you might see that you can be perceived as hyping the fire part and kind of ignoring the salvation part of the story, not that Lot is like some shining example to be following anyway, the tale is cautionary imo. Even Lot lost his "wife" right. But see that he had no story of fire and brimstone to tell, even though he was a Sodomite too;

iow he could not provide the same witness that you are simply bc he did not look back

his story is possibly even more macabre, i mean tbh the literal fire and brimstone is the least important aspect of that story imo; but understand that if you asked Lot after the fact to witness what he saw, fire and brimstone would not be his witness at all.

So, to answer your Q i would have to say that it depends upon whom you ask; literal fire for literal people, yes. If you are worried about some future literal fire coming down upon you from God, then imo you should keep worrying, and bam keep sounding the alarm

i will even tell you that your advice might be more useful than mine, generally speaking

Last edited: