Joel Osteen Reality Show

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/30/joel-osteen-reality-show_n_1120522.html?ref=religion&ncid=webmail1 :)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Osteen never fails to give me the creeps

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Notice the last line, Osteen is famous for his toothy smile. Not for preaching the Gospel. That's the furthest thing from his mind.

(null)

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Doesn't surprise me that Osteen would follow what is popular with the world. He should be right at home with "Reality TV" and probably make even more millions using it to spread more "self help gospel".

The whole mega church and TV evangelist trend reminds me of something in the scriptures. "We don't want you as our King, we want a king like all the other nations".

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I don't think Joel wants to be king (it's good to be the king - sorry uncontrolled Mel Brooks quote there), he is just one of those with a message for our itching ears. Similar to Marilyn Manson in the media. If MM could make the same money playing Classical Oboe he would. Same with Joel. If the same money could be made giving lectures on tooth decay in those mega auditoriums I am sure he would do so in a New York minute.

I don't doubt he believes what he is talking about, I do question his sincerity to those expounded upon beliefs. He stands before God but worships the front of the dollar bill.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Listen. Joel Osteen is NOT a man of God. He is a money - driven earthly man working against us and some of us dont even know it. Look Im not judging, I am just saying, I dont listen to people who want all of our money to live in a huge mansion and pretend to be a follower.......

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I don't want to be a member of the "Jump on Joel" band wagon, but I would point out two things:

In all the preaching I have ever seen him do (and I used to watch him religiously, no pun intended) and in all the daily emails I received from his ministry, I have never heard him speak about the lost souls that need to be saved from eternal damnation. Not once.

I did see him cornered twice during TV interviews. Once where he had to admit that the Word does state that homosexuality is an abomination to God, and the other where - after hemming and hawing several times - he finally acknowledged that the Word does indeed say that Jesus was the only way to salvation.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joel is a motivational speaker. And he is almost honest about it, these days, by accurately claiming to 'leave all that theology stuff to the experts' - in a Larry King interview.

joshhuntnm

Jul 1, 2012
[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice. Phil 1.18[/background]

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Joel Osteen and his kind are the direct result of the "judge not" movement...or better yet,think not movement.The modern Church has been producing doctrinal eunuchs for decades lacking any ability to judge right from wrong and sound doctrine from lies,it is human nature to want to hear lies that make one feel good but Christianity is supposed to be about the defeat of human/sin nature.

The three definitions of "Christian" most common today are crooks,hypocrites or doormats....the crooks run amuck,the hypocrites support them,secretly of course......and the doormats do nothing,hence the sorry state of affairs.