Jude 1 weekly devotion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Jude 1 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=28pt]An American English Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]1[/SIZE]Jude, a slave of Jesus the Anointed One and a brother of James, to those who are in God the Father (and are loved), and in Jesus the Anointed (who have been called and watched over):

[SIZE=medium]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]We as Christians are all called by love for a service to Him.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Jude 2 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]2 [/SIZE]Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

[SIZE=medium]2[/SIZE] May you grow in mercy, peace, and love.

[SIZE=medium]Peace is only comes thru Him being with us, He is love and His mercy is our only hope. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jude 3 King James Version (KJV)

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

An American English Bible

With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

3 Loved ones; Although I really wanted to write to you about the salvation that we hold in common, I found it necessary to write so as to encourage you to keep on struggling for the faith that the Holy Ones gave to you,

These are my thoughts.

We sometimes may have one message that we want to give but are lead to teach something else, we are to share what the Lord wants us to not what we want to.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jude 4 King James Version (KJV)

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

An American English Bible

4 because some men have slipped in among you whose judgment was written about long ago. They are godless men who are turning the loving care of our God into something immoral, and they’re denying our only owner and Lord, Jesus the Anointed One.

These are my thoughts.

We have to watch for some people who come into the church because they very well could change the church into something that is not of the Lord.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
clark thompson said:
These are my thoughts.

We have to watch for some people who come into the church because they very well could change the church into something that is not of the Lord.
That seems to happen here a lot, but what is the present standing of most churches? Or better said so called Christians. Do they look to the Lord Jesus in their conversation, or to themselves in the desire to justify themselves, using chirtianity and the scriptures to attempt to accomplish that in the eyes of their fellows?

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jude 5 King James Version (KJV)
5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

[SIZE=8pt]5[/SIZE] Despite the fact that you already know everything, I want to remind you of this: Although Jehovah delivered our people out of the land of Egypt, He later destroyed those who didn’t show enough faith.

These are my thoughts.
Thru the Lord we find salvation but if we reject Him then judgment will be found.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
clark thompson said:
Jude 5 King James Version (KJV)
5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
[SIZE=28pt]An American English Bible[/SIZE] With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint
[SIZE=8pt]5[/SIZE] Despite the fact that you already know everything, I want to remind you of this: Although Jehovah delivered our people out of the land of Egypt, He later destroyed those who didn’t show enough faith.

These are my thoughts.
Thru the Lord we find salvation but if we reject Him then judgment will be found.

Who’s judgement? That would be God’s Judgement, correct? So then, if it’s of God, then it’s good, correct?

When you come into the world, you become aware of judgement, man’s judgement to be specific, and it always results in death. God’s Judgement is good and is Life. It was Adam and Eve’s own judgement of what is good, in the rejection of God’s Judgement of what was good for them, expressed in the command to Adam, that brought sin into the world. (A separation from God’s Presence) Life requires instruction from the source of that life to survive, death doesn’t.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Jude 6 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]6 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]Jude 6 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]6 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]and He has kept, with eternal chains in darkness for the judgment of the great day, the angels who did not keep their own position but deserted their proper dwelling. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]We should not give up the place the Lord has given us as these angels did, we keep serving in the place He has for us until he leads us else where. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Jude 7 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]7 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]Jude 7 Common English Bible (CEB)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]7 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]In the same way, Sodom and Gomorrah and neighboring towns practiced immoral sexual relations and pursued other sexual urges. By undergoing the punishment of eternal fire, they serve as a warning.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Common English Bible (CEB) Copyright © 2011 by Common English Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Committing sin always serves towards judgment of hell fire, our only hope is Jesus and having faith in Him. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Jude 8 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]8 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]Jude 8 The Voice (VOICE)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]8 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]These stories are examples to help you understand the fate of those dreamers who have slipped in and defiled your community, rejected those in charge, and insulted the glorious majesty of the heavenly messengers. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The Voice (VOICE) the Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]By following our flesh we reject the Lord. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Jude 9 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]9 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]9[/SIZE] Why, when MichaEl (the Highest Messenger [of God]) had an argument with the Slanderer over the body of Moses, he didn’t dare to judge him by speaking disrespectfully. All he said was, ‘May Jehovah give you what you deserve!’

[SIZE=medium]Angels draw from His power; we should do this as well because if they can not stand alone against Satan then we have no chance of standing against him unless we go to the Lord for the strength to overcome. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Jude 10 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]10 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]10[/SIZE] However, these men continue to speak disrespectfully of many things that they don’t really understand. So like senseless animals (who everyone knows [dirty themselves] naturally), they are messing on themselves [when they do] things like this.

[SIZE=medium]Our instinct or flesh will lead us only to things we understand, this why we need the Spirit to lead us in His way because it is not something we can ever fully understand.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Jude 11 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]11 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]11[/SIZE] So woe to them, because they’re going the way of Cain, they’ve rushed into the wrongs of BalaAm for a reward, and they’re destroying themselves with the rebellious words of KorAh!

[SIZE=12pt]Cain was a murdered and a man who worshiped by self pride. Balaam was a man that tempted those of God with the flesh. Korah was a group of men that wanted control and leadership, we are not to follow what we want but what the Lord has for us. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Jude 13 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]13 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]13[/SIZE] wild waves of the sea that foam shameful things on themselves… wandering stars that have been reserved for the gloom of age-long darkness.

[SIZE=medium]Those of the world dwell in the shame of their sin wandering around without any purpose. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=47pt]Jude 1:14[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]KJV [/SIZE][SIZE=13pt]14[/SIZE][SIZE=20.5pt] And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]14[/SIZE] For the seventh man from Adam, Enoch, prophesied about them when he said, ‘[Look!] Jehovah came with His holy tens of millions

[SIZE=medium]The Lord will return with His angels when the end comes. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=17pt]Jude 15[/SIZE] [SIZE=13pt]King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]15 [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt]To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]An American English Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint[/SIZE]
[SIZE=15pt] 15[/SIZE] [SIZE=20pt]to condemn them all and to give all the godless what they deserve for the godless things they’re doing in their worldly ways and for all the shocking things that these godless sinners have said against Him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=15pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=15pt]Judgment Day will come our only hope is in Christ. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=15pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=15pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=15pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=15pt] [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=17pt]Jude 16[/SIZE] [SIZE=13pt]King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]16 [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt]These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=28pt]American English Bible[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]16[/SIZE] [SIZE=20pt]For these men grumble and complain about how things work out, as they keep on doing whatever they wish. Yes, their mouths do a lot of bragging, and they feign admiration of people for their own [evil] purposes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13pt]There are people out there who you can not please but they only seek to please themselves. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=17pt]Jude 16[/SIZE] [SIZE=13pt]King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]16 [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt]These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=28pt]American English Bible[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]16[/SIZE] [SIZE=20pt]For these men grumble and complain about how things work out, as they keep on doing whatever they wish. Yes, their mouths do a lot of bragging, and they feign admiration of people for their own [evil] purposes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13pt]There are people out there who you can not please but they only seek to please themselves. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=17pt]Jude 17[/SIZE] [SIZE=13pt]King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]17 [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt]But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]17[/SIZE] [SIZE=20pt]But as for you, loved ones; remember what you were once told by the Apostles of our Lord Jesus [/SIZE][SIZE=20pt]the Anointed.[/SIZE]

These are my thoughts.
We are to remember what the Word which was spoken from the apostles.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=17pt]Jude 18[/SIZE] [SIZE=13pt]King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]18 [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt]How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]18[/SIZE] [SIZE=20pt]remember that they used to say to you, ‘In the last days there will be those who speak disrespectfully as they go their own way and do godless things.[/SIZE]

These are my thoughts.
People will be doing whatever they want and follow after what they want more than anything else.