KJV Only...which one!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you don’t have a perfect Bible and so then what is your basis for ultimate spiritual truth?
How do determine if you have correct doctrines if you don’t have a perfect Bible?
If what we read in the scriptures, from even a poor translation, is quickened in us by the Holy Ghost, is it not the Word of God and to be trusted? Who then would have determined that it was perfect... but God Himself?

Who is leading us? Without the quickening Spirit, the very best of translations of the scriptures will have no Life and thus no power!

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To my knowledge: There are two major KJB bibles that are most widely used today (or the most popular or most influential). It is the Oxford 1769 KJB (with the Apocrypha later removed by publishers in 1885), and the Cambridge Pure King James Edition (circa. 1900). I believe the Cambridge Pure King James Edition (circa 1900) is the current purified Word of God for today. Psalms 12:6-7 speaks about how the words of the Lord are pure words… purified seven times. This corresponds to the different KJB Editions.

The changes between the different KJB Editions is very insignificant, as well.

Seven KJB Editions:
www.bibleprotector.com/forum • View topic - Seven major purifications of the KJB

How to know the difference between a PCE (Pure King James Edition) vs. other KJB Editions:

Checking a second hand KJB is PCE before purchasing | www.bibleprotector.com/blog

David Daniels thinks all KJB Editions says the same thing.
You can see the video on that here:

However, the author at Bible Protector responded with a more rational explanation to Daniel’s false assumptions, though.

David Daniels’ confusion about pure words | www.bibleprotector.com/blog

Side Note:

In my humble opinion, a KJB Edition that does not have a widespread influence upon believers is sort of useless. If it is an obscure KJB Edition that nobody knows about, then it is not any kind of chosen Bible by God with the spreading of His words. For example: Is there a huge following of the 21st KJV? Is there a huge following for the KJV-ER Edition?
Sounds too complicated to me!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds too complicated to me!

It’s actually the exact opposite.

There are…

Four Major Positions on God’s Word:
(Or: 4 Major Views on God’s Word)

1. KJB only position (We have a perfect bible today).

2. Only the originals were inspired.

3. God’s Word exists amongst the thousands of remaining manuscripts (including their many variants) (i.e. the James White view).

4. All bibles are inspired (i.e. which would include all English bible translations).

4 Popular Wrong Approaches or Views on God’s Word:

#1. Roman Catholic Church View on God’s Word.

They believe the holy mother church and tradition define what is in the Scripture.
#2. Liberal View:

The Bible is full of myths, and legends.
#3. Neo-Orthodox View

The real issue is what the Bible teaches, not it’s historical accuracy.
#4. Fundamentalist View:

The Faith is established in the Bible despite its many mistakes and errors.

On this second list (provided above): All these views have one thing in common.

You don’t actually have the Word of God in your hands. The Bible merely contains the Word of God.
This is what sounds complicated.

On contrary to these views, you have the Bible believer view (which is not complicated). King James Bible believers believe we have the inspired words of God in our hands.

There is a huge difference between the wisdom of God and the wisdom of men.

Isaiah 55:8 says, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.”

1 Corinthians 1:19-20 says, “For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?”

Please take note that the scribe are those who TRAN-scribe the Scriptures. They were the ones who copied the Scriptures or translated it. The Scribes would be the scholars of our day. So when you read 1 Corinthians 1:19-20, read it as referring to scholars. Granted, this is not to say that scholars cannot glean many truths from the Scriptures accurately. The point here is the Scribes or scholars approach to God’s Word overall in that it will lead them to believe we have no perfect Bible today that we can perfectly trust as God’s 100% inerrant words that we can hold in our hands now.

The Catholic Douay-Rheims Bible used to contain 1 John 5:7 but it later removed it. All the 17 verses that are omitted used to be in their older Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible. So their Bibles changed in these modern times just like other Modern Bibles. In fact, all Modern Bible are based on an inter confessional text by the United Bible Societies that was under the direct supervision of the Vatican (Nestle and Aland’s NT Greek Text).

Many today believe in a Bible that does not exist because they say that the Bible was only perfect in the originals of which they do not have.

Yet, the Bible says,

“Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.” (Isaiah 34:16).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It’s actually the exact opposite.

There are…

Four Major Positions on God’s Word:
(Or: 4 Major Views on God’s Word)

1. KJB only position (We have a perfect bible today).

2. Only the originals were inspired.

3. God’s Word exists amongst the thousands of remaining manuscripts (including their many variants) (i.e. the James White view).

4. All bibles are inspired (i.e. which would include all English bible translations).

4 Popular Wrong Approaches or Views on God’s Word:

#1. Roman Catholic Church View on God’s Word.

They believe the holy mother church and tradition define what is in the Scripture.
#2. Liberal View:

The Bible is full of myths, and legends.
#3. Neo-Orthodox View

The real issue is what the Bible teaches, not it’s historical accuracy.
#4. Fundamentalist View:

The Faith is established in the Bible despite its many mistakes and errors.

On this second list (provided above): All these views have one thing in common.

You don’t actually have the Word of God in your hands. The Bible merely contains the Word of God.
This is what sounds complicated.

On contrary to these views, you have the Bible believer view (which is not complicated). King James Bible believers believe we have the inspired words of God in our hands.

There is a huge difference between the wisdom of God and the wisdom of men.

Isaiah 55:8 says, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.”

1 Corinthians 1:19-20 says, “For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?”

Please take note that the scribe are those who TRAN-scribe the Scriptures. They were the ones who copied the Scriptures or translated it. The Scribes would be the scholars of our day. So when you read 1 Corinthians 1:19-20, read it as referring to scholars. Granted, this is not to say that scholars cannot glean many truths from the Scriptures accurately. The point here is the Scribes or scholars approach to God’s Word overall in that it will lead them to believe we have no perfect Bible today that we can perfectly trust as God’s 100% inerrant words that we can hold in our hands now.

The Catholic Douay-Rheims Bible used to contain 1 John 5:7 but it later removed it. All the 17 verses that are omitted used to be in their older Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible. So their Bibles changed in these modern times just like other Modern Bibles. In fact, all Modern Bible are based on an inter confessional text by the United Bible Societies that was under the direct supervision of the Vatican (Nestle and Aland’s NT Greek Text).

Many today believe in a Bible that does not exist because they say that the Bible was only perfect in the originals of which they do not have.

Yet, the Bible says,

“Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.” (Isaiah 34:16).
It's a heavy load to bear when these incidentals are pushed into the limelight as if life hung by their precarious threads.....all the while the juice with the nutrients is treated like waste.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If what we read in the scriptures, from even a poor translation, is quickened in us by the Holy Ghost, is it not the Word of God and to be trusted? Who then would have determined that it was perfect... but God Himself?
Who is leading us? Without the quickening Spirit, the very best of translations of the scriptures will have no Life and thus no power!
The problem with this view is that anyone can say God is leading them to have the correct understanding even in a poor translation. Truth can be subjective to what they believe God is saying. How do you really know God is talking to you through a poor translation? What determines the boundaries or qualifications for that? Mormons believe in a burning in the bosom to be able to discern truth. But we know Mormons are misguided. Why? Because we have a stronger burning in our bosom? No. It’s because of the Word of God. But how do we know we have the correct doctrines or truths if we don’t have a perfect Bible? Did God talk to you? Or is that your own mind or thoughts speaking? This is why we need the Bible and we need to trust that His words are perfect and without error. So when God is able to guide us into all truth, we have a perfect Word we can rely and trust upon by faith and it’s not just us thinking God may be talking to us vs. our own thoughts.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a heavy load to bear when these incidentals are pushed into the limelight as if life hung by their precarious threads.....all the while the juice with the nutrients is treated like waste.

That statement makes no sense. Okay. Anyways, so do you believe you have a perfect Bible you can hold in your hands? Yes, or no?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with this view is that anyone can say God is leading them to have the correct understanding even in a poor translation.
Yes, anyone can say he is right when he is wrong. God knows the difference. Can we fix and convince anyone else whose heart is pointed the wrong way? Only if we are on God's side and He is using us in that way.

The man who is really hearing from God knows the difference. What man among us is to judge another ultimately? All we can do is follow God truly ourselves and teach others likewise.

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones." Prov 3:5-8

Truth can be subjective to what they believe God is saying. How do you really know God is talking to you through a poor translation? What determines the boundaries or qualifications for that? Mormons believe in a burning in the bosom to be able to discern truth. But we know Mormons are misguided. Why? Because we have a stronger burning in our bosom? No. It’s because of the Word of God. But how do we know we have the correct doctrines or truths if we don’t have a perfect Bible? Did God talk to you? Or is that your own mind or thoughts speaking? This is why we need the Bible and we need to trust that His words are perfect and without error. So when God is able to guide us into all truth, we have a perfect Word we can rely and trust upon by faith and it’s not just us thinking God may be talking to us vs. our own thoughts.

Our carnal minds cannot accomplish God's right hand purpose for us or for others not even when we have the very best of Bibles as a source:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled" Matt 5:6

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to give answers but can't understand a statement in its context.

It is written:

“…faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17).

“Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.” (Jude 1:3).

“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:” (1 Peter 3:15).

You said:
What'll I do with you?

Such a statement is condescending in the fact that you believe you are better in some way or in a higher position than me.

But our Lord Jesus Christ says:

“The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.” (Luke 22:25-26).

“But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.” (Matthew 20:26-28).

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all because Psalms 12:6-7 says the words of the Lord are purified seven times (which lines up with the different KJB editions).

It is just like a believer and the Sanctification Process that he/she goes through. They may not mature right away in the faith, but in time they do where their holy walk is perfected. Men’s words are being purified out of God’s words.
There was NO need for any purification of the inspired books, as ALL of the 66 canon books were perfect when first penned down!

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you don’t have a perfect Bible and so then what is your basis for ultimate spiritual truth?
How do determine if you have correct doctrines if you don’t have a perfect Bible?
The Lord Himself preserved to us essentially the Original texts in all of the various source texts we now can access in order to translate the Hebrew and Greek texts into English!