KJV Only...which one!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe a person can be saved without the Bible?
100%. In fact for millennium the Bible wasn't even compiled like it is today, and it's only been <500 years it was readily available to common people in the Western World, and a much shorter time for rest of the world.

God's law, ways, and words are not confined to just that text.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
100%. In fact for millennium the Bible wasn't even compiled like it is today, and it's only been <500 years it was readily available to common people in the Western World, and a much shorter time for rest of the world.

God's law, ways, and words are not confined to just that text.

I would encourage you to stop trusting in history recorded by men (Who can be liars).
The Bible says men are liars and God cannot lie.
You are not God to have lived through time and see every believer or person who as ever lived.

But let’s say for the sake of argument it is true that the Bible is a recent invention in the grand scheme of time (Which does sound reasonable). But you need to stop and think for a moment. God said in His Word in Psalms 12:6-7 that His words will be preserved forever. Now, the question is: Do you believe God or do you believe men? That’s what this is really about here.

I believe the words of God would have existed in another form besides the Bible even when the Bible was not in use and circulated yet based on what Psalms 12:6-7 says. Before the Bible: Believers most likely had the Scriptures in form of scrolls. Did all believers everywhere have the whole Bible with all the 66 scrolls of the Bible we have today? I imagine not. Then again, neither did the early apostles have all the writings of NT Scripture while Scripture was being formed. But Jesus said, to whom much is given, much is required. Noah was told to build an Ark. But those instructions don’t apply to us today. So different words from God apply to different people groups or body of believers throughout time.

But the point is that the Bible has existed for hundreds of years now with many believers trusting in it. They are God’s Words for today. There is no denying that the Bible is a special and unique book unlike any other. Here is a Blogger article I created showing evidences of how God’s Word is of divine origin.

Love Branch: Evidences for the Word of God

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would encourage you to stop trusting in history recorded by men (Who can be liars).
The Bible says men are liars and God cannot lie.
You are not God to have lived through time and see every believer or person who as ever lived.

But let’s say for the sake of argument it is true that the Bible is a recent invention in the grand scheme of time (Which does sound reasonable). But you need to stop and think for a moment. God said in His Word in Psalms 12:6-7 that His words will be preserved forever. Now, the question is: Do you believe God or do you believe men? That’s what this is really about here.

I believe the words of God would have existed in another form besides the Bible even when the Bible was not in use and circulated yet based on what Psalms 12:6-7 says. Before the Bible: Believers most likely had the Scriptures in form of scrolls. Did all believers everywhere have the whole Bible with all the 66 scrolls of the Bible we have today? I imagine not. Then again, neither did the early apostles have all the writings of NT Scripture while Scripture was being formed. But Jesus said, to whom much is given, much is required. Noah was told to build an Ark. But those instructions don’t apply to us today. So different words from God apply to different people groups or body of believers throughout time.
I actually have been emphasizing the importance of trusting God and not man this entire time.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually have been emphasizing the importance of trusting God and not man this entire time.

Then one can be in the Mormon religion or the Catholic religion. It’s a pick your own version of God adventure. No thanks. I will stick with the Bible alone for all matters of faith and practice because the Bible is the only book or go to source of being of divine origin. It claims to be the Word of God and it has the credentials to back up that claim. You can choose your own God if you like. I will worship God in spirit and in truth.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh, brother.

full

full

full

Okay. Time out here.

I would say Catholics are more in the wrong in that they kiss and bow down to sacred objects. For example: Catholic priests have been known to kiss the Bible. This to me is wrong. This to me would be making the Bible like an idol (and they do not even believe in Sola Scriptura). However, to suggest that believers or Christians actually regard the Bible as God Himself is silly. Most Christians believe God is a spirit being. Most Christians believe in the Trinity and that we should worship God as a spirit being. They regard the Bible as the expressed thoughts of God, or the mind of God, and they revere these words. It's like a love letter that a woman gets from her fiance who is in another country. She may cherish his words in the letter, but that does not mean she takes the letter out on dinner dates and or talks with the letter, and kisses the letter as if it was him. I know of no normal believer that does that.

But I would say that there is power in the Word of God and it has the capability to change your life just by believing it and putting it into practice and by hearing over and over and over again. For faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God. We are also told negative things about those who speak against the Word, as well.

The word is like a fire (Jeremiah 23:29).
The word is like the discovery of treasure (Psalms 119:162).

The word is light (Psalms 119:105).
The word is life (John 6:63).
The word is the living bread (Matthew 4:4).
The word is eternal life (John 6:68) (cf. Matthew 24:35, John 6:63).
The word quickens (makes alive) (Psalms 119:50).

The word can get men through a storm (
Matthew 7:24-25).
The word sanctifies (
John 17:17).
The word will judge men (
John 12:48).
The word is never broken (
John 10:35).
Believers are told to seek after the word (
Isaiah 34:16).
The word is our hope (
Psalms 130:5).
Believers are to meditate (use their mind) upon the word (
Psalms 119:148, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV).
Keeping the word places the love of God within us (
1 John 2:5) (Also see John 14:23).
Obeying the word is like a house built upon the rock (
Matthew 7:24).
Believers are to order their steps in the word (
Psalms 119:133).
The word is “inspired by God” (i.e. God breathed) for the benefit of his faithful chosen (
2 Timothy 3:16-17).
The word is the way to being instructed in righteousness so to be perfect unto all good works (fruits) (
2 Timothy 3:16-17).
The word can abide in us (
John 15:7, Psalms 119:11).
The word dwells in our hearts (
Colossians 3:16).
The word is always with us (Psalms 119:98).
The word can make our joy full (
1 John 1:4).
Believers’ hearts rejoice with the word (
Jeremiah 15:16).
By the word is what makes the gospel possible (
1 Peter 1:25). Can you be saved without the gospel? If not, then please stop attacking the Bible by calling it a dead shell.
Please read carefully the verses above here.
I have read all of the verses you have posted and I have heard all of the arguments you have presented before.

You are still not understanding where I am at all. I will not press the issue!

Give God the glory! He alone gives anyone, be it you or me or someone else, any real increase!

Praise His name!

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The creation is not the same thing as God’s words. The creation is God’s handiwork and it declares His glory, but the creation itself does not exactly lead men to salvation like the words of God can.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God. God breathed is all Scripture. When God speaks His words, they are like a hammer. His words are like a fire. You may not believe these things in Scripture, but I do. Yes, the words of God must be obeyed in order for them to have a more appropriate effect, but even God used the devil to accomplish his purposes and God immortalized that account in Scripture for us to read about. The devil was defeated by Scripture by the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. Thus, it is the sword of the Spirit. The devil can quote God’s word but he seeks to distort it and attack it. The devil is doomed and he is not capable of being able to believe in what God’s word says.

Why didn’t it work? Because the word of God are like dead words to Satan. He’s not a human being, but a fallen angel. You cannot compare a fallen angel whose fate is sealed in the Lake of Fire and compare that to human beings who can be convicted of sin by God and the Scriptures. Sure, men can harden their hearts against God and His words. But that is not to say that they don’t have some kind of an affect upon evil hard hearted men. Remember, the Jews who stoned Stephen. The words of God Stephen had spoken pricked their hearts in such a way that it upset them greatly. The Word of God had an effect on them alright. The devil is also affected by the Word of God. He hates it. He will do everything in his power to get people to not believe because he takes the seed out of the heart of a person who does not believe in those particular words from God. One of the first attacks of the devil in the Garden was on God’s words. So yes. The word of God has an affect. It can be either positive or negative, but it does have an affect. They are powerful because God’s words are spiritual.

God’s Word does not return void (Despite your protestation that His words are like a dead shell until God intervenes on certain occasions to breath life into them for momentary points in time).
You, my friend, like so many others supporting any certain belief has an explanation on each point as if that must be it.

I learned a long time ago to return to the lowest room as empty as possible as often as possible [daily at least] before God allowing Him to refill, remake, reconstruct, add to, subtract from, etc. as He sees the need. He is in charge, or should be, rather than you or me or any other man.

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem. 10:23

"When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:8-11

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then one can be in the Mormon religion or the Catholic religion. It’s a pick your own version of God adventure. No thanks. I will stick with the Bible alone for all matters of faith and practice because the Bible is the only book or go to source of being of divine origin. It claims to be the Word of God and it has the credentials to back up that claim. You can choose your own God if you like. I will worship God in spirit and in truth.
I acknowledge your choice here even though after thorough study I passionately it to be contrary to scripture and logic.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You don’t seem to understand how God is sovereign and how He can operate. Nothing in life happens by accident. Although, the Jews misused God’s instructions involving the serpent on the pole later on, that situation was written for future generations of believers and their instruction not to go down a similar pathway. Remember. All Scripture is profitable for doctrine and instruction in righteousness so that the man of God may be perfect unto all good works (Including the story involving the serpent on the pole that was later turned into an idol wrongfully).

In the book of Genesis: What Joseph’s brothers intended for evil against Joseph, God intended it for a great good in the end. Joseph’s brothers ended up reconciling with their brother in the end. So God is one step ahead of us always. What looks like a bad situation, God is able to turn it around for good. For all things work together for good to those who love God.

I am aware of the story. But you missed a major lesson from it. The man of God died because He disobeyed God’s words. He chose to believe words that were not from God over what God said. So he did not fully trust God’s words. This is why the man of God died. It was because he did not fully trust God’s words. It’s not that God’s words are not powerful and effective. They most certainly are. As I said before, God’s words can either have a positive or negative affect upon an individual. God’s words became a stumbling stone to him, and he died because He did not trust God’s words. Jesus says if we do not receive His words, those words will judge us on the last day (John 12:48).

But the point is this: The story is written for OUR LEARNING and instruction. Where the man of God failed, it was written because all Scripture is given by inspiration of God is profitable for doctrine and instruction in righteousness so that the man of God may be perfect unto all good works (See: 2 Timothy 3:16-17). So this real life story recorded in Scripture was not for nothing. It no doubt helped tons of believers to stay the course in trusting God’s words even when they don’t make rational sense. You want to make rational carnal sense out of how God’s words because you think His words are spiritual only when God intervenes to make that happen but the Bible does not explain this kind of thing at all. God’s Word simply says His words are spiritual, and they are life, and they are like a hammer, and they are like fire. You simply don’t believe what God’s word says like the man of God who did not believe God’s words in 1 Kings 13. You are trying to rationalize things with carnal thinking rather than just believing what God said. Sorry. That’s just how I see it, brother.

Yes. That’s because God’s Word does not return void.

How many people on the planet do you think exists? How many of them own a Bible or memorized many parts of Scripture? To assume that there are moments that a person is not studying the Bible or meditating on God’s words is pretty silly. The Bible is one of the top sellers. So you think the Bible remains closed and unread on our planet. While people sleep on one side of the planet, others are awake on the other side of the globe. Men gain comfort and hope from the Bible. Maybe they don’t all get it, right. This is true, but the Word of God is working in their life in some way. For example: A person can be saved hearing a prosperity preacher inviting them to accept Jesus as their Savior. So while the preacher may not be saved, the words that the preacher is using can work life in that person. So again, God’s words do not return void.

We are not the only believers on the planet. The body of Christ is made up many believers that span the globe. They most undoubtedly are living out the words of God or meditating upon the Word.

Oh, and by the way. Christ was in the heart of the Earth as the second person of the Trinity. Christ can still give life even without His physical body. For he that has the Son has life, and he that does not have the Son does not have life. Christ lives in believers because Christ is the source of a persons’ everlasting life. Without Christ in you (the hope of glory), there is no life. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Jesus was not stopped and dead and gone by death. The body was just a shell. The words in our Bible is not like a dead shell (like the dead body of Christ) until Christ makes them alive for a person. That’s nonsense. The Bible does not teach such a thing at all. That’s your own personal teaching that runs contrary to what the Bible says, my friend. I can only encourage you to again believe what the Bible says on this matter. Jesus says his words are spirit and they are life. Peter says that Jesus had the words of everlasting life. There are no conditions placed upon God’s words as you say.
Thank you for the conversation!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People today who read and study the scriptures do not always have the power of the Word in themselves because while they may have eaten of his Flesh when they read or heard what was written in the Bible, they did not also drink of his Blood. The two are necessary for Life!

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." John 6:53

The blood to be drunk is Not the red blood of body of flesh that was shed on Calvary, but rather the white or pure or clean blood shed in accord with Acts chapter 2.

The red carnal blood gives life to the flesh of a man which is appointed to die, but what blood is it which gives Life to the new man so that a person will never die?

Why were the natural children of Israel [Jacob] told not to eat the blood of their sacrifices? Because it was the wrong blood! It was the red blood, the life source of man's carnality:

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood." Lev 17:11-12

The Blood the Body of Christ is not that red blood!
He brought something infinitely better: the Holy Spirit... the Life Blood of the Body of Christ!

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:5-6

Sorry. No offense. But the Bible does not even remotely say what you just said it means here. In fact, this idea of yours is just outright crazy and far out there with no actual support of it in the Scriptures.

Believers are to have faith in Christ’s blood so that He can declare His righteousness.

Romans 3:25
“Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”

The Bible says we have redemption through His blood.

Ephesians 1:7
“In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;”

We are to also walk in the light, and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.

1 John 1:7
“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”

As for 2 Corinthians 3:5-6:

People think that the letter that kills is Scripture in general or to all of God's laws in general. But this is not the case. The letter that kills is the Law of Moses. There was no New Testament Scriptures combined neatly in a book yet at the time of this writing by Paul. The letter was a reference to the Torah because it was the popular writings (letters) at that time. The new way of the Spirit was creating new Scriptures and a new way for God's people. We have to obey the commands that come from Jesus and His followers. The letter (i.e. the Old Testament Law of Moses Letters) killed because you could be put to death for disobeying God's commands. The Spirit inspired New Testament Scriptures offers life because there is no death penalty by the hand of God's people for disobeying the Lord's commands. There is mercy and grace or space to seek forgiveness with the Lord Jesus Christ and forsake sin.

I imagine you also read John 5:39 to defend your false view that the Word of God has no life, too.
But Jesus never said it was wrong of the Pharisees to search the Scriptures to have eternal life. Their problem was that the Pharisees did not realize that the Scriptures testified of Him.

John 5:38-40 KJV
[38] “And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. [39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. [40] And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.”

Notice how Jesus exalts the Word in verse 38 and says the word does not abide in them.

You said:
The Words Jesus spoke were Life because Jesus Himself was Life and His Words were His Father's Words. Our words, even words memorized from the written scriptures, are Not alive unless and until they are quickened within us by the Holy Spirit!

This again is just your own false belief that you have told yourself and there is no Scriptural basis for this kind of erroneous teaching. The Word is like a hammer, and like fire (Jeremiah 23:29). The word is life and it is spiritual (John 6:63). The word of God can bring everlasting life (John 6:68). To not see this is simply to be unbelief on these kinds of verses and to be blind to what the Bible plainly says.

You said:
Too many Bible reading and believing people routinely and very regularly quench the Holy Spirit within and so their words from the scriptures are lifeless. This includes too often too many preachers and teachers in church settings.

So says the person says that the Word is lifeless (Which runs contrary to Scripture - John 6:63, John 6:68).

You said:
Were the following words written for naught?

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice." Phil 4:4

"Pray without ceasing" I Thess 5:17

"Quench not the Spirit" I Thess 5:19

You only know about these things because the Scriptures are telling you this. Without Scripture, you would be lost to these truths.
Also, you have still yet to establish your false belief that Scripture only has life only when God intervenes to make it have life.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sorry. No offense. But the Bible does not even remotely say what you just said it means here. In fact, this idea of yours is just outright crazy and far out there with no actual support of it in the Scriptures.

Believers are to have faith in Christ’s blood so that He can declare His righteousness.

Romans 3:25
“Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”

The Bible says we have redemption through His blood.

Ephesians 1:7
“In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;”

We are to also walk in the light, and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.

1 John 1:7
“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”

As for 2 Corinthians 3:5-6:

People think that the letter that kills is Scripture in general or to all of God's laws in general. But this is not the case. The letter that kills is the Law of Moses. There was no New Testament Scriptures combined neatly in a book yet at the time of this writing by Paul. The letter was a reference to the Torah because it was the popular writings (letters) at that time. The new way of the Spirit was creating new Scriptures and a new way for God's people. We have to obey the commands that come from Jesus and His followers. The letter (i.e. the Old Testament Law of Moses Letters) killed because you could be put to death for disobeying God's commands. The Spirit inspired New Testament Scriptures offers life because there is no death penalty by the hand of God's people for disobeying the Lord's commands. There is mercy and grace or space to seek forgiveness with the Lord Jesus Christ and forsake sin.

I imagine you also read John 5:39 to defend your false view that the Word of God has no life, too.
But Jesus never said it was wrong of the Pharisees to search the Scriptures to have eternal life. Their problem was that the Pharisees did not realize that the Scriptures testified of Him.

John 5:38-40 KJV
[38] “And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. [39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. [40] And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.”

Notice how Jesus exalts the Word in verse 38 and says the word does not abide in them.

This again is just your own false belief that you have told yourself and there is no Scriptural basis for this kind of erroneous teaching. The Word is like a hammer, and like fire (Jeremiah 23:29). The word is life and it is spiritual (John 6:63). The word of God can bring everlasting life (John 6:68). To not see this is simply to be unbelief on these kinds of verses and to be blind to what the Bible plainly says.

So says the person says that the Word is lifeless (Which runs contrary to Scripture - John 6:63, John 6:68).

You only know about these things because the Scriptures are telling you this. Without Scripture, you would be lost to these truths.
Also, you have still yet to establish your false belief that Scripture only has life only when God intervenes to make it have life.
I establish nothing!

When something right and/or good comes from me, it is the Holy Spirit leading. Quenching the Holy Spirit is too often the problem with people, who have believed. Most believers remain double-minded until and if they have by the power of the Holy Spirit overcome all obstacles between themselves and God and His Way. Unfortunately, some quench the Spirit so much and so often they never do... overcome that is!

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

Lots of Spirit quenchers among us because that is too frequently what is taught and practiced by "Christians" in church settings... Where is the Holy Spirit that leads? Why do supposedly Spirit filled people so often disagree with each other and oppose the Way of God?

Study is a good thing, but the smartest people are not necessarily those closest to God nor those who will ultimately always be with Him.

What is the Way to God? First things first!

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

And the way away from God?

"Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent." Rev 2:4-5

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I establish nothing!

When something right and/or good comes from me, it is the Holy Spirit leading. Quenching the Holy Spirit is too often the problem with people, who have believed. Most believers remain double-minded until and if they have by the power of the Holy Spirit overcome all obstacles between themselves and God and His Way. Unfortunately, some quench the Spirit so much and so often they never do... overcome that is!

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

Lots of Spirit quenchers among us because that is too frequently what is taught and practiced by "Christians" in church settings... Where is the Holy Spirit that leads? Why do supposedly Spirit filled people so often disagree with each other and oppose the Way of God?

Study is a good thing, but the smartest people are not necessarily those closest to God nor those who will ultimately always be with Him.

What is the Way to God? First things first!

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

And the way away from God?

"Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent." Rev 2:4-5
None of the verses you quoted here prove what you actually believe in regards to your saying that God's words are lifeless until God intervenes to give them life during temporal periods of time.

I don't believe a Christian can speak against God's Word on such a gross radical level (Such as: Making stuff up like saying the blood is not the blood or the Word is lifeless, etcetera) and yet be guided by God or be given any kind of illumination or understanding by God on His Word. Sorry, that is just what I believe. If one speaks against the Word so radically and they reject important core truths, God will not be guiding such a believer. Again, that's just what I believe. Please take no offense, friend. I love you with the love of Christ, but I don't love the beliefs you have espoused here (of which I believe are against the Bible).

So I don't think there is much to be gained by our current discussion at this time.
Only the power of God's Word can truly open your heart to the truth on this matter (if you will one day allow such a thing to happen).

In the meantime, may God's grace, peace, and love shine upon you and your family. I think it is best we agree to disagree in love and respect.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A New Version Translator Later Becomes One of the Strongest KJB Advocates:

The majority of Modern Bible Translators do not believe that the LORD actually promised to preserve every word of the Scriptures verbatim (i.e. word for word). Many of them merely believe all that is necessary is to express the "message" of God’s Word. However, there are a few Christians out there who do believe in the true inspiration of Scripture and they end up rejecting the Modern Versions as their final Word of authority and they embrace the King James Bible as the perfect and inerrant words of God today.

Doctor Frank Logsdon, who was a chairman on the New American Standard translation committee later became a strong advocate of the King James Bible. Logsdon disavowed his translation methodology. Logsdon said, I quote:

“I must under God renounce every attachment to the New American Standard Version. I'm afraid I'm in trouble with the Lord. We laid the groundwork; I wrote the format; I helped interview some of the translators; I sat with the translators; I wrote the preface... I'm in trouble; I can't refute these arguments; its wrong, terribly wrong... The deletions are absolutely frightening… there are so many ... Are we so naive that we do not suspect Satanic deception?”

“Upon investigation, I wrote my dear friend, Mr. Lockman, [Mr. Lockman owned the publishing company that published the NASV] explaining that I was forced to renounce all attachment to the NASV.”

To listen To Frank Logsdon on this matter, please check out the video here:

9C6D3F93-D145-4403-85D6-D7CE2784D317.png

YouTube Link:
Frank Logsdon renounces his NASV Bible

(Source: Clip Taken From Bridge To Babylon Documentary).

Last edited:

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But who is the scribe or scholar telling you what the original word means? How do you know they are correct on the original meaning; Especially seeing that the original languages have been long gone for a really long time from now? Are the scribes of the original language dictionaries perfect in their translation of the originals? Are Lexicons inspired works of God? How do you truly know they are not being influenced by beliefs they want to be true?
We are to use the Hebrew and Greek lexicons and dictionaries for those meanings, not use Webster English dictionary only!

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe a person can be saved without the Bible?
If so… take heed.

Isaiah 8:20 says,
“To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.”
The Holy Spirit saves thru a multitude of translations, as they all give the essentials of the Christian faith, regardless kjv. Nkjv, Esv, Nas etc!

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to politely disagree with you there. I don't find God & His power to reveal Himself to be limited to one text. Which is not to insult the text (scripture is super super important), but it is not like the only letter from some dead relative. God still lives, and His power & ways are infinite.
God has used scriptures such as the Vulgate, Geneva, Kjv, and MV to get His message across!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit saves thru a multitude of translations, as they all give the essentials of the Christian faith, regardless kjv. Nkjv, Esv, Nas etc!

I am not in denial that God can use Modern Translations. I use them all the time. This is where my fellow KJB Only brethren and I disagree.
They are just not my final word of authority.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to use the Hebrew and Greek lexicons and dictionaries for those meanings, not use Webster English dictionary only!

The issue is understanding history behind Westcott and Hort. Once you knew what they did, and the movement they started, and the changes they were making to the Bible (or Received Text), then it would be clear to you. But since you are not wanting to see that and you are in favor with the Revisers, you currently will not be able to see where I am coming from on this point. The Revisers muddied the waters on even recent Lexicons. But the English dictionary is not just for the religious elite (who are biased to their own beliefs), but the dictionary in English is for all.

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not in denial that God can use Modern Translations. I use them all the time. This is where my fellow KJB Only brethren and I disagree.
They are just not my final word of authority.
They have as much authority as the kjv though, and all translations inferior to the authority of the Hebrew and Greek texts!