Literal Isreal In End-Times Prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Replacement theology says God is finished with the nation of Israel as a nation. BUT: Acts 1:6-8 King James Version

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Excellent verses! One can only assume He was referring to the "times and seasons" when the kingdom of Israel would indeed be restored here, given a response like that. If not, our Lord was essentially lying to them. Not that I'm trying to be confrontational, just making a pretty obvious observation.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This happened in the first century, when rome destroyed Israel in 70 ad 1/3 escaped as a result of the warning Jesus gave in Matthew the other 2/3 where their observing passover. That’s what all the displaced Jews of that time did, travel to the temple to honor God at passover I’m certain it came as a huge shock when they were encompassed by Rome and slaughtered. There where many opportunities to hear the gospel prior to this and receive Christ as messiah. Paul stated that every creature under heaven ( Israel ) all Israel had heard it.

Greetings Waiting, and thanks for participating. You are addressing the destruction of Jerusalem here, but no one as of yet has tackled question #2 in my OP. Thought maybe I would see what your response was to that.

God bless, and thanks again for posting,
- H

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm back again. I will be nice despite HIH highly encouraging it. I usually am, right?

For the last time, I hope it is anyway, I do not 'preach' any type of Replacement theory. Or allegorize anythng in this regard. It is all scriptural. Most that do not obey or adhere to this dual Covenant theory as you do...I guess you might call it something else...is usually labeled as one. As amigo just said we are grafted into the same tree of Christ...no replacement at all. In fact, those faithful in the OT and in the transition period OT to NT remained, and are of the natural branches of the same tree, others were broken off, and other nations or nationals (never gentiles...a bad and ugly word) are then grafted into the same tree on a national/tribe level. No one is replaced no one....we are both merged into Christ the tree and root that feeds us both...we both have his Spirit...NO Replacement.

I hope you know what I'm saying this time Ron...Great Day..APAK

Ah. Thanks for making this distinction, APAK. As I understand it, you teach that there never was a covenant made with physical Israel in the flesh but only to spiritual Israel from the beginning. Do I understand you correctly?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 2:2 KJV
[2] That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2 Thessalonians 2:2 KJV

Greek: ἐνίστημι
Transliteration: enistēmi
Pronunciation: en-is'-tay-mee
Definition: From G1722 and G2476; to place onhand that is (reflexively) impend (participle) be instant: - come be at hand present.
KJV Usage: present (3x), things present (2x), be at hand (1x), come (1x).
Occurs: 7
In verses: 7

AT HAND, could not imply 2000+ years later.

Ah, Here we go! Ok, thanks.

Ok now, my point was that Paul was clearly implying he believed the end was coming soon. But to relegate this passage to being supposedly fulfilled in A.D. 70 is to turn it into false prophecy. Let me quote it again:

Now we implore you, brothers, by the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together unto Him, that you not become quickly disturbed in mind nor troubled, neither by spirit, nor by report, nor by letter as if written by us [intimating] that the Day of the Lord is here. No one should deceive you in any way if the apostasy has not yet come first and that man of lawlessness has been revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above everything that is called God or is worshipped, so as for him to sit down in the temple of God, exhibiting himself that he is God. (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4)

Several things mentioned here fly in the face of thinking it was fulfilled in 70 A.D.

1. He combined what he said was approaching with "the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together unto Him." (v.1) That didn't happen in 70 A.D., and he would have been implying very clearly that it should have.

2. It implies that there is no connection between the "apostasy" referred to here and the Lord's return, since if one believes the former was fulfilled 2,000 years ago but the latter hasn't happened yet, this dissociates the two by a massive amount of time, which creates a very unnatural reading of the text, and makes Paul out to be either kind of oblivious to this time break or deliberately somewhat deceptive.

The answer for me is that they fully believed He was returning in their lifetimes, but what was happening in their day proved to be only a partial fulfillment of prophecy, with the ultimate fulfillment set to take place in the end-times.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now here is a tremendous post. I will quote the passages in full for further reference. I think they need to be addressed:

1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, 3 “Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? 4 But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. [a]But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work. 7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8 Just as it is written:

“God has given them a spirit of stupor, Eyes that they should not see and ears that they should not hear, to this very day.” 9 And David says: “Let their table become a snare and a trap, a stumbling block and a recompense to them. 10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see, and bow down their back always.”

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness! 13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and [d]fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come out of Zion, and He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; 27 For this is My covenant with them when I take away their sins.” 28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all. 33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out! 34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has become His counselor?” 35 “Or who has first given to Him And it shall be repaid to him?”36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen. (Romans 11:1-36)

I will make this Question #3: Does not the following verse say that true spiritual eyesight will be restored to literal Israel after the fulness of the Gentiles has finally come to God?

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
The only thing i know for sure and for certain is this one thing . That if they do not confess Jesus by mouth and believe from the heart
that God rose Him from the dead , then they are not saved nor spiritually awoken .
Thus the only thing i know for sure and for certain is , if we want jews saved then preach Jesus as the only means of salvation .
I dont know much , but that i do know for sure and for certain .
Thus let me sum it up by saying , if we see some big end time spiritual awakening in Israel
and they are all inclusive , not JESUS alone as salvation , then its a false awakening . But if we see
them preaching JESUS only as the only means of salvation and that if one does not believe they will be damned , then its a real spiritual
awakening . That is about all i know . I take the gospel of JESUS only saves and that if one confesses Him not they are not saved
as total solid truth . Now , you already know what i am about to say on that note , LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings Waiting, and thanks for participating. You are addressing the destruction of Jerusalem here, but no one as of yet has tackled question #2 in my OP. Thought maybe I would see what your response was to that.

God bless, and thanks again for posting,
- H
2. What should early church Christians have been looking for if the Antichrist was not going to conquer literal Israel and take his seat in the actual temple of God in Jerusalem?
I hope this is the question you referring to?

this is way of thinking I can’t understand. Jesus made it very clear to me that He has all power and all authority. I cannot view Antichrist as an sole entity. Antichrist is anyone who walks contrary to the will of Christ.

A pseudo Christ is a like Christ, I don’t know how to make this any clearer. He sits in the temple of God showing himself that he is God, but is totaly in opposition to all that is God.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe another way to view this is they should have been seeing that they had passed from death to life, and that the one who once reigned ruler supreme on the throne of their own heart (THE REAL TEMPLE OF GOD) had been disrobed.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This happened in the first century, when rome destroyed Israel in 70 ad 1/3 escaped as a result of the warning Jesus gave in Matthew the other 2/3 where their observing passover. That’s what all the displaced Jews of that time did, travel to the temple to honor God at passover I’m certain it came as a huge shock when they were encompassed by Rome and slaughtered. There where many opportunities to hear the gospel prior to this and receive Christ as messiah. Paul stated that every creature under heaven ( Israel ) all Israel had heard it.

Well one problem is you are estimating how many Jews were in Jerusalem when the carnage started and have no actual facts. On what basis are you assuming 3 million Jews in Jerusalem during 66-70 AD? Also another problem is that the prophecies of the OT refer to all of Israel and not just the city /inhabitants of Jerusalem in the last 7 years of human history.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm back again. I will be nice despite HIH highly encouraging it. I usually am, right?

For the last time, I hope it is anyway, I do not 'preach' any type of Replacement theory. Or allegorize anythng in this regard. It is all scriptural. Most that do not obey or adhere to this dual Covenant theory as you do...I guess you might call it something else...is usually labeled as one. As amigo just said we are grafted into the same tree of Christ...no replacement at all. In fact, those faithful in the OT and in the transition period OT to NT remained, and are of the natural branches of the same tree, others were broken off, and other nations or nationals (never gentiles...a bad and ugly word) are then grafted into the same tree on a national/tribe level. No one is replaced no one....we are both merged into Christ the tree and root that feeds us both...we both have his Spirit...NO Replacement.

I hope you know what I'm saying this time Ron...Great Day..APAK

I agree with what you say here as it concerns the church age.

But you do believe that Israel as a nation has no further kingdom in the plan of God and that is just a lie.
You better define what you mean by what you call "dual covenant theory". How can I agree or disagree with a term I have no idea what you mean.

But here is Scripture as written:

Ezekiel 20:33-38
King James Version

33 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:

34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God.

37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

No gentile nations here- this refers only to the people called Israel, the physical descendants of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

No Gentiles here either! Just the physical descendants of Abraham Isaac and Jacob! God says HE WILL make a new covenant with them. He did at the corss, though it has not gone into effect yet.

Zechariah 13:8-9
King James Version

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

This has yet to happen despite "waiting on him" vain attempt to say it did.

Notice it says all the land and notr just Jerusalem?????

What you wrote above as I said I agree with (except you thinking gentile is some kind of dirty word by wrongly giving it a Latin birth)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I liked your response, Ronald, with the exception of this passage above. I don't think it's consistent with the preceding verses to believe he was talking about physical Israel in this one.

13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh. 14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation. 16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be upon them, and mercy upon the Israel of God. (Galatians 6:13-16)

The preceding verses he stated that neither circumcision or uncircumcision availed anything anymore as far as salvation was concerned. Only the cross of Christ, and those who were made new creations in Christ, whether Jew or Gentile. I don't think this nullifies the covenant made with literal Israel because as you said God will bring many of them into the new covenant before the end, but I think this verse is talking about spiritual Israel only.

Well the whole context of Galatians is a back and forth between saved and unsaved Israel and Gentiles saved being wooed by Judaizers. Grammatically there is only one way this can be read- that Paul pronounced peace and mercy to all who follow this rule, and in part B of this compound sentence He also pronounces the same blessing upon the Israel of God. He is not blessing just one group- for the "AND" then becomes inane, but He is blessing two people with th e same blessing. Sorry but that is the only correct grammatical wauy of looking at this verse, especially in light of Paul going between saved and unsaved Israelis.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent verses! One can only assume He was referring to the "times and seasons" when the kingdom of Israel would indeed be restored here, given a response like that. If not, our Lord was essentially lying to them. Not that I'm trying to be confrontational, just making a pretty obvious observation.

I wish Augustine never gaine dpopularity. As the Father of allegorical interpretation, he has caused much harm to believers by getting them to think god doesn't know how to inspire His own word and needs people to see what is hidden in what He inspired people to write.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, APAK. Thank you for the response.

About this statement right here, when do you think God abandoned that covenant, because as of the writing of Romans, Paul apparently believed it was still valid:

For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh. 4 They are Israelites, and to them belong the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises. 5 To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen. (Romans 9:3-5)

The word "belong" is used twice in this passage, and suggests the covenant was theirs as a possession. But anyway, when do you think God "divorced" them from it, as you say?

I think this confuses things a little, though. God's promise was to literal Israel in the flesh, it's just that it ultimately applied even more so spiritually. You see, I don't believe that the covenant God made with us spiritually annuls the covenant God made with them physically.

I think He planned for both, and for a large portion of physical Israel to become spiritual Israel in the end-times, when they finally realize that the New Testament prophecies regarding both Jesus Christ and the Antichrist were true, and are being fulfilled.

I know you think I am not listening, but after reading your post I nevertheless have to say I'm just not convinced. It doesn't seem to deal with the following passage of scripture well, where Paul said that God would be faithful even if the Israelites were not:

Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the value of circumcision? 2 Much in every way. To begin with, the Jews were entrusted with the oracles of God. 3 What if some were unfaithful? Does their faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God? 4 By no means! Let God be true though every one were a liar, as it is written, “That you may be justified in your words, and prevail when you are judged.” (Romans 3:1-4).
HIH, great post and with understanding, except I never said the Covenant was ever abandoned - it was transformed over time. If I gave you that impression then that was my mistake in not making it abundantly clearer.

The Covenant was not purposely for the literal original people and to who it was initially conveyed to and announced. YHWH had to announce it a people, and it was the people of Abraham, he first chose.

In Romans 9:3-5 you translation says 'belong' twice; in others is does not at all. Nevertheless, I would not get caught up in the word 'belong(s)' though of your translation. We know what it means. Paul belonged and was loyal to his ancestry and heritage, and his brethren and felt deeply for their dire spiritual condition...that would be normal and well understand knowing Paul's predicament, now as a one for Christ.

Now God abandoned his people as his exclusive chosen ones, as the only Covenant people. There was of course a great reason for it. His original Covenant was now not for just obeying the Law on the outside, it was now for those that obeyed on the inside through faith and obedience. Some Hebrews/Israelites were all along practicing inward faith in the Mosaic Laws and many were credited with righteousness to salvation. God would not tolerate vain outward obedience to the Law without inward faith anymore. It led to idol worship and a false love to their YHWH Almighty. This drastic change, as we may see it, was necessary in the process and mechanics of the same Covenant to continue with the same purpose of the restoration of 'his' people - all people not just of the original Covenant people. It was the bridge to Christ in the age of Grace, where the Law would be etched in the hearts of both the Israelites and other nations, together forged as YHWH's people. It maintained the integrity and the purpose of the same original Covenant and the completion of the promise to Abraham, for a spiritual Israel.

Romans 9:31- 33 says: Israel (of old) did not attain a Law of Righteousness (as one people). They never as a whole, searched for it with faith, as I just wrote above.

Paul, in Romans 9:3-5...

Paul was crying out to save his fellow Israelites, the seed of Jacob, and he was one of them. He knew they had been cut off permanently, and were still being cut off in his time, off from the Covenant and the tree of life. And he knew he was in Christ and still felt very strongly toward his native descendants and brethren, as if he wished to also be cut off from the natural tree of life, cut off from Christ who now fed him. He of course knew this was now impossible. He was saying goodbye to them in the most heartfelt way possible. The reality was just sinking in and caught him right between the eyes. His brethren, who rejected Christ, they could never be resurrected into the next life.

Another round...Now of course Paul was saying that his brethren and he, most definitely belong to the 'adoption' and kept in the same Covenant now under the new requirement of faith in Christ rather than the Law, as I coarsely outlined above. He was definitely adopted and belonged into the new phase of the original Covenant. And he definitely is still defined and identified with his key ancestors, those under the Law.

In Romans 10: 1-4 Paul restates more emphatically and openly what he said in Romans 9:3-6. He wants his fellow Israelites to be all saved. And he knows that will be impossible. They strived in the Law and Christ is beyond the Law, and many stumbled over this 'rock' and died.

Romans 2:28-29 Paul now redefines a real Jew....implication here is who is really an Israelite. He knows it cannot be just his ancestors.. He knows the Covenant was changes although kept and improved...I do understand him well.

"For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

They are the true Israelites.. Amen

Now for your quote of Romans 3:1-4 ..Paul is trying to provide a useless thesis he knows will go nowhere, (all are truly liars and God alone is faithful) for the faithfulness of his brethren. Their faithfulness (in only the outward worship and adherent to the LAW) still must count for life, right? He knows though it does nothing of the sort without true faith UNDER THE LAW, ...read on further.. Paul says the faithfulness of God is true and not of men.....now if you are thinking somehow that if God is always faithful, and he (Paul) is then implying that those of the original physical Israel, who also as a whole (national level) rejected Christ will be saved in the future as new ethnic racial Jews, and separated from the rest in Christ, that is wishful thinking. Paul is not thinking or writing about that at all.

This is one of the primal errors that has morphed into a modern secular theory, that ALL blood-line Israelites of the last generation or so (called the Israelis today) will be saved, and separated SOMEHOW from non-Israeli Christians, before Christ returns. Misusing scripture this way will get no one to the truth.

and Romans 3:21-23...

21But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; 25whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith.

APAK

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with what you say here as it concerns the church age.

But you do believe that Israel as a nation has no further kingdom in the plan of God and that is just a lie.
You better define what you mean by what you call "dual covenant theory". How can I agree or disagree with a term I have no idea what you mean.

Ron: I can only address you opening comment first as I believe you have pinned something on me (again) that I was suggesting you are labelling yourself with your Israeli end time theory...

..this is an example of the needless rabbit holes I do not wish to go with you on....let me explain this one...

When I said in my last post that I wanted to emphasize again I was not creating a Replacement Covenant theory...and then I said you are creating a dual Covenant theory or whatever name you want to call it...

Now can we clear this obstacle up first, that should never have been in the road in the first place...

And then calling me a liar is definitely another sign of insecurity on your part, concerning Israel as a physical nation today that was clearly destroyed many centuries ago. And you still persist and continue to misapply scripture to force your type of truth, and to keep alive at all costs this ridiculous unscriptural theory.

Do you want to consider and try to understand the Covenant, the literal Covenant of the literal original people? It was modified along the way as the the Patriarchs and the Prophets wrote over the next centuries, many times, and they foresaw the appearance and work of Christ in the future that was to be the major modification in this Covenant, that was never destroyed or abandoned. ONLY, the literal original people WILLINGLY abandoned this Covenant and tried to destroy it in the process and even tried/tries to stop others to be a part of this same Covenant, under Christ. God does not lie and he kept the Covenant, regardless of rebellion and faithlessness of the original receivers of it, in tact, as the promise to Abraham and then through his Son and our Christ.

Blessings,

APAK

So how can I have a discussion when you do not want to contribute or cannot, to this subject, for you seem either to lack the knowledge in scripture or you selectively do not wish to go anywhere except to support your precious literal Israeli AND resurrected OT literal Israel Kingdom(s) theory, ...as the only truth you wish to discuss.

I'm trying to communicate here Ron..

APAK

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of the primal errors that has morphed into a modern secular theory, that ALL blood-line Israelites of the last generation or so (called the Israelis today) will be saved, and separated SOMEHOW from non-Israeli Christians, before Christ returns. Misusing scripture this way will get no one to the truth.

this is the very thing I believe that had me reconsidering this whole proposal about the future judgment of Israel, the fact that the way presented it would only apply to this supposed last generation. So I had to ask myself, what about the generations of the past two millennium.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is the very thing I believe that had me reconsidering this whole proposal about the future judgment of Israel, the fact that the way presented it would only apply to this supposed last generation. So I had to ask myself, what about the generations of the past two millennium.
Thank you, and that exactly fits into what I've been posting as another glaring logical conclusion that this Dual separate Covenant theory these folks believe is impossible, even from a secular view point.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I
But here is Scripture as written:

Ezekiel 20:33-38
King James Version

33 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:

34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God.

37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

No gentile nations here- this refers only to the people called Israel, the physical descendants of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

No Gentiles here either! Just the physical descendants of Abraham Isaac and Jacob! God says HE WILL make a new covenant with them. He did at the corss, though it has not gone into effect yet.

Zechariah 13:8-9
King James Version

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

This has yet to happen despite "waiting on him" vain attempt to say it did.

Notice it says all the land and notr just Jerusalem?????

you wrote above as I said I agree with (except you thinking gentile is some kind of dirty word by wrongly giving it a Latin birth)
Well let's get this over with shall we....

You have not showed any knowledge and understanding of the scripture passages you provided here to impress me I guess...now please provide a commentary of all three without adding useless one line comments at the end that I found unimportant to your point you are, I believe still trying to make.

Of course be ready for my rendition of the meaning of this scripture that keeps proving my view and not yours.....it is because you have a completely different mindset on this subject and are looking for your predetermined outcome, not I.

Waiting for you commentary then on Ezekiel, Jeremiah and Zechariah scripture...APAK

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, and that exactly fits into what I've been posting as another glaring logical conclusion that this Dual separate Covenant theory these folks believe is impossible, even from a secular view point.
Well, I was also very fond of your understanding of Paul’s affectionate love for his country men, and it’s so true. My wife just the other week was telling me of how she read of this where he Paul was at the place where he could say that if his casting way would mean their receiving of Christ he would gladly be made reprobate, castaway.

thanks for sharing.

Reactions: APAK