Loving your Enemy, Is it a Moral and Ethic Delimma?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus taught his apostles on the mount, perhaps before the crowds started to gather around him say, now in a country where politics rule, and governments are established. Laws are made, and freedom is allowed due to the constitution.

Early in the American life, people owned slaves. However, that is not something that happens anymore. Also early in american life, women were not allowed to work. However that is not something that happens anymore either. You have all kinds of things going on in America from good to bad to evil. And Justice courts, and people in law in enforcement, while there are good ones in there, there are also the bad ones, and even evil ones.

What is the ethic delimma in the face of all of these things?

Before in the Law it was - Love your neighbor - but get back at your enemy - which is why the Israelites ended up gaining the promised land to themselves, but was it Morally wrong? Was it Ethically right?

Matthew 5

Teaching about Love for Enemies​

43 “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’[a] and hate your enemy. 44 But I say, love your enemies![b] Pray for those who persecute you! 45 In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. 46 If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. 47 If you are kind only to your friends,[c] how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. 48 But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

How are we to treat others, whom may go against "our moral code - ethic rights".

Does God love the person whom is a gay man or gay woman? How are we to treat them as individuals which God gave souls too? Harshly? Without respect? Spit in their face like Jesus got his face spit on?

What is right to do? Love people, share the bible with them? Condemn them in their sins while you too commit sins?

What is fair? What is right? Is Jesus the way, the truth and the life? Or by our flesh do we subvert Christ in us, and act on the flesh?

Dont get me wrong, governments and police are there to help, and also protect I do love the country we are in: we are very blessed people but however - biases of hatred still wreck havoc among the nation and that will never go away, because human beings are naturally selfish.

There is a time and place for everything and when it comes to crimes - does on report them? or stay silent? Police reports are there to be made... to help protect people who may be being abused, or hurt, or have been murdered, or kidnapped, or stolen from.

Do we hate them? Or allow God's justice to be served through the guys in blue?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Loving your Enemy, Is it a Moral and Ethic Delimma?​

A dilemma? no no, a privilege!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, you are right quietthinker, it is a privilege.

Faith Brings Joy - Romans 5:1-11​

5 Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace[a] with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. 2 Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.

3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. 4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. 5 And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

6 When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. 7 Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. 8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. 9 And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. 10 For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. 11 So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.​

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise Yahava, for allowing governments to be set up so justice can be served when crimes are made, be it breaking the law by the state regulations. There is a purpose for prison, just as much as there is a purpose for the outside of the Kingdom of the heaven.

Do you believe it is good to hate people? While people choose and do what they do, and they all sin, everyone does even if they hide behind a rock so it can't be seen; it can't be seen because it in the heart until it is exposed and then there is grief, and shame, and denial even that comes through.

If we hate people, we aren't listening to the Lord Jesus Christ, who said Love God, and love others as yourself.

Love One Another​

11 This is the message you have heard from the beginning: We should love one another. 12 We must not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and killed his brother. And why did he kill him? Because Cain had been doing what was evil, and his brother had been doing what was righteous. 13 So don’t be surprised, dear brothers and sisters,[c] if the world hates you.

14 If we love our brothers and sisters who are believers,[d] it proves that we have passed from death to life. But a person who has no love is still dead. 15 Anyone who hates another brother or sister[e] is really a murderer at heart. And you know that murderers don’t have eternal life within them.

16 We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17 If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister[f] in need but shows no compassion—how can God’s love be in that person?

18 Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. 19 Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God. 20 Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything.

21 Dear friends, if we don’t feel guilty, we can come to God with bold confidence. 22 And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him.

23 And this is his commandment: We must believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as he commanded us. 24 Those who obey God’s commandments remain in fellowship with him, and he with them. And we know he lives in us because the Spirit he gave us lives in us.​

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The love for an enemy is not natural, it is supernatural.
Only being filled with lhe love of God enables us to show love to those who hate us, abuse us and use the forces of the law against us.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the reminder Windmillcharge.

Matthew 5​

Teaching about Love for Enemies - Jesus teaching his disciples, before the crowds gathered around.​

43 “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’[q] and hate your enemy.

44 But I say, love your enemies![r] Pray for those who persecute you!

45 In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.

46 If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much.

47 If you are kind only to your friends,[s] how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that.

48 But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.​

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone. Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, “I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the Lord. Instead, “If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads.” Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12‬:‭17‬-‭21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible defenders commonly are accused of hatred, when actually it's Biblical love.

Jude 1
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction;
23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus taught his apostles on the mount, perhaps before the crowds started to gather around him say, now in a country where politics rule, and governments are established. Laws are made, and freedom is allowed due to the constitution.

Early in the American life, people owned slaves. However, that is not something that happens anymore. Also early in american life, women were not allowed to work. However that is not something that happens anymore either. You have all kinds of things going on in America from good to bad to evil. And Justice courts, and people in law in enforcement, while there are good ones in there, there are also the bad ones, and even evil ones.

What is the ethic delimma in the face of all of these things?

Before in the Law it was - Love your neighbor - but get back at your enemy - which is why the Israelites ended up gaining the promised land to themselves, but was it Morally wrong? Was it Ethically right?

Matthew 5

Teaching about Love for Enemies​

43 “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’[a] and hate your enemy. 44 But I say, love your enemies![b] Pray for those who persecute you! 45 In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. 46 If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. 47 If you are kind only to your friends,[c] how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. 48 But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

How are we to treat others, whom may go against "our moral code - ethic rights".

Does God love the person whom is a gay man or gay woman? How are we to treat them as individuals which God gave souls too? Harshly? Without respect? Spit in their face like Jesus got his face spit on?

What is right to do? Love people, share the bible with them? Condemn them in their sins while you too commit sins?

What is fair? What is right? Is Jesus the way, the truth and the life? Or by our flesh do we subvert Christ in us, and act on the flesh?

Dont get me wrong, governments and police are there to help, and also protect I do love the country we are in: we are very blessed people but however - biases of hatred still wreck havoc among the nation and that will never go away, because human beings are naturally selfish.

There is a time and place for everything and when it comes to crimes - does on report them? or stay silent? Police reports are there to be made... to help protect people who may be being abused, or hurt, or have been murdered, or kidnapped, or stolen from.

Do we hate them? Or allow God's justice to be served through the guys in blue?

When I lived with parents, life was difficult because of my father. He continually treated us very poorly. Sometimes he would be nice and cool, but he could erupt into fits of rage at the slightest hair trigger. The emotional abuse was bad, but often his rage resulted in physical violence against me over practically nothing.

Mind you, he wasn’t bad all the time. But he was bad to us enough to the point where God spoke to me once, showing me a future conversation he will have with my father before he will be sent to hell for treating his family so badly. I prayed to God and told him to give my dad a second chance because he believes Jesus is his savior, and God has granted my future wish. My prayer request was for my dad to get counseling in heaven to deal with his anger problem as a condition for forgiveness.

Forgiveness of people who have wronged you can often be a hard thing to do, especially when they have wronged you exceedingly, but ultimately it is the right thing to do. It is what Jesus taught.

Reactions: MatthewG and Jack

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I lived with parents, life was difficult because of my father. He continually treated us very poorly. Sometimes he would be nice and cool, but he could erupt into fits of rage at the slightest hair trigger. The emotional abuse was bad, but often his rage resulted in physical violence against me over practically nothing.

Mind you, he wasn’t bad all the time. But he was bad to us enough to the point where God spoke to me once, showing me a future conversation he will have with my father before he will be sent to hell for treating his family so badly. I prayed to God and told him to give my dad a second chance because he believes Jesus is his savior, and God has granted my future wish. My prayer request was for my dad to get counseling in heaven to deal with his anger problem as a condition for forgiveness.

Forgiveness of people who have wronged you can often be a hard thing to do, especially when they have wronged you exceedingly, but ultimately it is the right thing to do. It is what Jesus taught.
Thank you for sharing.