Luke 14:15-24 Rapture Before Great Tribulation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 14:15 And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God. 16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many: 17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready. 18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. 19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. 20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. 21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. 22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room. 23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. 24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

You all know how bad it will be at the end of the great tribulation and so who is Jesus talking to here? Who was invited by Him that had a place at the table BUT were excusing themselves from attending the King's Supper for the everyday cares of life? What christian would be tempted to do that at the end of the great tribulation as oppressive and terrible as it will be towards the end? How can any christian have the means to buy and sell, let alone own anything when they need the mark of the beast in order to buy & sell?

The times we are living in now... before the great tribulation... is what Jesus is warning the believers to not love this life more than Him to be like Lot's wife in not wanting to depart.

Oh yeah. There is a rapture coming before the great tribulation and many christians will love their lives on earth to not be willing to leave their lives & loved ones behind.

Jesus's warning is hardly applying towards the end of the great tribulation, so you all better be asking Jesus to help you be willing to go at a moment's notice and not just for help to be found abiding in Him, because no unrepentant workers of iniquity will be taken either. Those unrepentant saints left behind will be received later on after the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor in His House; 2 Timothy 2:18-21 & 1 Peter 4:17-19 so get ready to go now.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke written on what Jesus had expounded on that truth in Luke 14:15-24 afterwards about the cost of discipleship if you had any doubts that Jesus was talking to believers in Jesus Christ; not Israel or the world.

Luke 14:25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them, 26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. 28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? 29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him, 30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish. 31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand? 32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace. 33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple. 34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned? 35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

As excuses were given for the cares of this life and for their loved ones in Luke 14:15-24, so we can see the cost of discipleship is not about giving up everything and your loved ones while living your life down here, but being ready to give it all up when the Bridegroom comes to take the "disciples" Home. It is very possible that some believers will not consider the actual cost of discipleship that they will not be willing to leave this life behind.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there an escape from what is coming on the earth?

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Can this warning to believers to not let their hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life be applicable towards the end of the great tribulation??? How can life have any snares for the believers at the end of the great tribulation? So His warning is for us now.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point of Lot's wife cannot be applicable towards the end of the great tribulation as "crappy" as life will be for the believers.

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. 30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. 31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32 Remember Lot's wife. 33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

If you read the KJV, "eagles" is the correct word and not vultures. The believers are being received in keeping with the message above whereas the unbelievers left behind are facing calamity.

Luke 17:34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

If you want to know the Greek word from which gathered was translated from... it is sunacqhsontai

Concordance gives this definition "from sun - sun 4862 and agw - ago 71; to lead together, i.e. collect or convene; specially, to entertain (hospitably):--+ accompany, assemble (selves, together), bestow, come together, gather (selves together, up, together), lead into, resort, take in."

Above information from this link below;

HTML Bible Index - King James Version - Strongs Concordance - Frames Version

So any attempt to argue that eagles is supposed to be vultures and that the bad guys are the ones being removed is null and void. That is why relying on the KJV for the meat of His words is important to get the message He is giving us because verse 37 lines up with what He is saying beforehand.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want further discernment that all those references above is about the rapture being before the great tribulation, then here is the warning given to believers to be ready to go or risk being cut off and left behind to face the fire coming on the earth with the unbelievers.

Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. 41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? 42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

Those left behind are still His servants as they are receiving stripes per their knowledge or lack thereof for not being ready as not found abiding in Him.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the news on my computer this last month, we are supposed to go home today!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is a false doctrine...and promising believers something that is not going to happen.
Christians are part of God Army.
Paul mentions the armour that we all have.
God is not going to zap His church out! No one is going anywhere...so GET READY...God people are empowered for such a time as this.

God people are called as ministers for such a time as this.

Just like Esther was placed in the kingdom by God for such a time as was needed.
What we have each learned through out our lives, all the things God has taught us...is FOR such a time as this.

We are not going to be be here FOR the Tribulation....but we will be here THROUGH the tribulation.
God's people do not turn and run like cowards...we are here to represent HIM. We are not afraid of the Enemy of souls.
Lets do just that, be ready and stop believing in some cop-out story of vanishing before tribulation...because it isn't coming....so just buckle up and be strong and ready to reap the harvest of the panicking souls.( both unbelievers and believers too, for many, many believers will be in panic, because they did not expect to be here through it!! Having been told that they would be flying away somewhere)

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a false doctrine...and promising believers something that is not going to happen.
Christians are part of God Army.
Paul mentions the armour that we all have.
God is not going to zap His church out! No one is going anywhere...so GET READY...God people are empowered for such a time as this.

God people are called as ministers for such a time as this.

Just like Esther was placed in the kingdom by God for such a time as was needed.
What we have each learned through out our lives, all the things God has taught us...is FOR such a time as this.

We are not going to be be here FOR the Tribulation....but we will be here THROUGH the tribulation.
God's people do not turn and run like cowards...we are here to represent HIM. We are not afraid of the Enemy of souls.
Lets do just that, be ready and stop believing in some cop-out story of vanishing before tribulation...because it isn't coming....so just buckle up and be strong and ready to reap the harvest of the panicking souls.( both unbelievers and believers too, for many, many believers will be in panic, because they did not expect to be here through it!! Having been told that they would be flying away somewhere)

There is tribulation which we are going through right now, and there is great tribulation that has not happened yet.

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

God will be judging His House at the pre great trib rapture and those excommunicated will be left behind to face the coming fire on the earth and the coming great tribulation as a result.

Revelation 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Not every believer will be abiding in Him to be ready to go nor will every believer will be willing to go. That is why Jesus is warning christians for the times we are living in now because there can be no unwillingness to go at the end of the great tribulation for the believer.

Feel free to read the OP and the next four posts to #5 for you to explain what Jesus was really talking about here. Do note, I am not referring to some man's teachings but His very words.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Whatever....
I too was speaking of the great tribulation and the false 'escape' doctrine.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever....
I too was speaking of the great tribulation and the false 'escape' doctrine.

Do you have scripture to disprove how I was applying what Jesus was warning believers about in the first 5 posts in this thread or would you rather take each post to show me why Jesus was not talking about the rapture for why believers need to prepare for?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you have scripture to disprove how I was applying what Jesus was warning believers about in the first 5 posts in this thread or would you rather take each post to show me why Jesus was not talking about the rapture for why believers need to prepare for?

Sorry, I am 76 and have "been there done that" too many times to count.
I'm not here to fight with cherry-picked favourite verses.
Just be ready, because God's church is going nowhere.

Reactions: Born_Again

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not saying that I don't believe in being caught up...but the rapture I believe in, and see in God's word. Is the rapture of lovers united.
I am sure ( will if you are Holy Spirit baptised) you have had times of being 'caught up' with God and in God. Times of not even knowing how much time has passed.
We were " caught up in the Spirit" but our feet went nowhere.
That is the rapture I read in the bible.

"Oh Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts. Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the Lord."

Hebrews says that we "see the Day approaching."

Paul told the Ephesians they would have to stand "in the Evil Day."
And Ezekiel has the Word of Lord that God's people are going to STAND . . . ''in the Day of the Lord."
The prophet goes on in that 13th chapter to tell what God will do to those prophets who fail to warn God's people that they will be here in the Day of the Lord, and to prepare to stand.

But, like I say...whatever...most probably neither of us will move from our position. :)

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not saying that I don't believe in being caught up...but the rapture I believe in, and see in God's word. Is the rapture of lovers united.
I am sure ( will if you are Holy Spirit baptised) you have had times of being 'caught up' with God and in God. Times of not even knowing how much time has passed.

Not according to the scriptural references in the first 5 posts in this thread, and since scripture do not go against scripture, it would not hurt for you to reconsider with Him at that throne of grace in asking for wisdom in going over those first five posts in this thread.

What you are talking about in those moments of being caught up in the "spirit" has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit and certainly those moments are not considered as baptism with the Holy Spirit either when there is only one baptism with the Holy Ghost as per the one hope of our calling by the hearing of the gospel;

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

That means you should not be preaching any extra to depart from the one drink of the One Spirit that we have all been baptized by at the calling of the gospel.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

"Oh Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts. Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the Lord."
Hebrews says that we "see the Day approaching."

Paul told the Ephesians they would have to stand "in the Evil Day."
And Ezekiel has the Word of Lord that God's people are going to STAND . . . ''in the Day of the Lord."
The prophet goes on in that 13th chapter to tell what God will do to those prophets who fail to warn God's people that they will be here in the Day of the Lord, and to prepare to stand.

Ephesians reference has nothing to do with the O.T. reference when Ephesians was about every day when we are to wear that armor of God for when that day comes when we need to stand against the devil, and there has been more than one day for any life of a believer.

So in reference to those moments of being caught up in the spirit, one could apply that you did not wear your armor to stand in that day.

Proverbs 25:26 A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring. 27 It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory. 28 He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

But, like I say...whatever...most probably neither of us will move from our position. :)

How come you do not see christians falling down or being slain in the spirit as not wearing their armor so they could stand in that day against evil?

1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

The real indwelling Holy Spirit will never take the spotlight from the Son in worship but seducing spirits aka the spirits of the antichrist will.

So do pray normally at that throne of grace, asking Jesus Christ for wisdom because you are preaching "extra" and thus another gospel.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.....4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Last edited:

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How lovely ! I hadn't seen it from here before, I think it's precious, and most certainly there is something so over the top blissful and yes one could certainly used the word 'raptures' here also...The highest of the high....The more real than real, when one is blessed to be with Him that way...:D

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is the rapture of lovers united.
To me this is a truly profound statement, and one which almost no one I have met during the past decades, have had a clue about........While obviously we have to dismiss any notion of this applying in any way to a uniting in the flesh, we do need to get to know Him as this very image...Our lover ! Our betrothed, our Husband to be....But even more, we need to realize that our Father also sees is from this viewpoint....He loves us so very much but had been mostly separated from us all those millennia, because of what the first Adam did, so when the last Adam made it possible for Him to be with us again, it must have truly been a massive celebration in Heaven and our Father must have been so pleased.......But how many are willing to get that up close and personal with God, while here in the flesh ? Religion has largely made people afraid of God, afraid of displeasing Him, of not being enough and so on, thus not letting go of the flesh.....We truly have so very much to learn, and the first step is to acknowledge that...:)

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 14:15 And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God. 16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many: 17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready. 18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. 19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. 20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. 21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. 22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room. 23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. 24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

You all know how bad it will be at the end of the great tribulation and so who is Jesus talking to here? Who was invited by Him that had a place at the table BUT were excusing themselves from attending the King's Supper for the everyday cares of life? What christian would be tempted to do that at the end of the great tribulation as oppressive and terrible as it will be towards the end? How can any christian have the means to buy and sell, let alone own anything when they need the mark of the beast in order to buy & sell?

The times we are living in now... before the great tribulation... is what Jesus is warning the believers to not love this life more than Him to be like Lot's wife in not wanting to depart.

Oh yeah. There is a rapture coming before the great tribulation and many christians will love their lives on earth to not be willing to leave their lives & loved ones behind.

Jesus's warning is hardly applying towards the end of the great tribulation, so you all better be asking Jesus to help you be willing to go at a moment's notice and not just for help to be found abiding in Him, because no unrepentant workers of iniquity will be taken either. Those unrepentant saints left behind will be received later on after the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor in His House; 2 Timothy 2:18-21 & 1 Peter 4:17-19 so get ready to go now.
Hmmm...

You are out of context. Jesus spoke to and of those of Israel of that time, to whom He had come, and whom did not receive Him according to the promises given to Israel.

That was Jesus telling them that He would therefore invite the gentiles to take part in the "supper", which is the "harvest" which began before that "wicked generation" slept (died).

Thus, the "great tribulation" was what became of that "wicked generation" which was taken up by Christ. For, what could be greater than the tribulation placed upon Him for all generations on that great and horrible day? Can there be any greater tribulation than "all", which He himself bore?

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How lovely ! I hadn't seen it from here before, I think it's precious, and most certainly there is something so over the top blissful and yes one could certainly used the word 'raptures' here also...The highest of the high....The more real than real, when one is blessed to be with Him that way...:D

It has been noted back in the early days of Pentecostalism that many converts from bars were getting their fix in these movements of the spirit as many do get drunk in the spirit today, but when the spirit stop their visitations, they went back to the bars. They were not preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ for how they got those spiritual highs. They were preaching another spirit which sinners then and believers now are receiving with an open mind.

Jesus warned about those moments when believers take another way in approaching God the Father by ( John 10:1 & John 14:6 ) and that is by focusing on the Holy Spirit in receiving Him by a sign apart from the hearing of the gospel wherein they can claim the things these believers claimed in Matthew 7:21-27 & Luke 13:24-30 and be left behind from the rapture for it. It was prophesied that believers would depart from faith to heed seducing spirits and doctrines of devils ( 1 Timothy 4:1-2 ) and Paul warned them about those who preach another spirit to receive as if preaching another Jesus or another gospel in 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 which is the same as departing from faith that Jesus Christ is in us ( 2 Corinthians 13:5 ) since our salvation at the hearing of the gospel ( 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 )

It may be that those who had gone astray will stay astray, but I can hope that God may be peradventuring to recover some from this snare of the devil.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.