My theory about the "Word" in John 1:1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes there is only one God in Three persons as the Creed explains and Christianity believes, anything else is not Christianity and quite heretical if not pagan.
Sorry, only pagans deify men, and incorporate the implausible and nonsensical into their religions. Even to the point that the only characteristic that differentiates each person of the trinity, is their names. Thus, confusing the Godhead to such a degree, that the adherents don't even know who to pray to, and why address one over the other.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But Christianity has nothing to do with the Bible.
This is a little off, ....or at least requires more explanation (you've been quoting Scripture your whole OP)?
If the Word is really another separate person, why is it not called Son but "Word"? That the Word is the Spirit of God is confirmed in Psalm 33:6, because there the Word is identified as the Spirit: "By the Word the heavens were created, by the Spirit of his mouth, because he spoke and it was". The Word is the Spirit of God, it is his power and wisdom, it is his personality, his mind. Not an other person.
I would agree with the above, but not with your notion that God became incarnate in any manner, or that a creature can be deified in any manner.
Jesus Christ was the creature, or Son, that God wanted and thus created at the appointed time, and that He created the entire universe for. The mystery is in Christ's chronology, and mutually his pre-eminence, not his ontology.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There's no need for any theory. John chapter 1 makes it perfectly clear that the "Word" is "the only begotten Son of God". He is the one who spoke and it was done.
Look up the literary convention known as antanaclasis. Meaning, start applying wisdom when your read a spiritual document, and stop employing such shallow and one-dimensional, and incomprehensible nonsense in your exegesis, that does nothing more than defame both God and his Word (wisdom).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are three persons in the Trinity. God the Father, God the Son (who is the Word), and God the Holy Spirit. Yes the Word is a separate person yet the Same God.
First, thanks for the topic, second, we disagree with your assessment above. Deuteronomy 6:4 clearly eliminates any other persons in the Godhead.
because Deuteronomy 6:4 establish Jesus the Holy Spirit as the ordinal First, as LORD and Father. and John 1:1 clearly establish Jesus, the Holy Spirit diversified in flesh and blood as the ordinal Last/Son, Lord.

also, you assest that, "the Word is a separate person yet the Same God". if so reconcile John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24. so, is this the same person, yes, or no?

PICJAG.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Consider this janc......Revelation 22:12-16

12 Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to render to each man according as his work is.
13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.
14 Blessed are they that wash their robes, that they may have the right [to come] to the tree of life, and my enter in by the gates into the city.
15 Without are the dogs, and the sorcerers, and the fornicators, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one that loveth and maketh a lie.
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright, the morning star.

'The first and the last, the beginning and the end' in v13 is identified as 'Jesus' in v16

also, Daniel 12:1 makes reference to 'Michael'
'And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people......'

I believe this was the pre-incarnate Jesus also referred to as 'the great prince'.

He was the part of the 'Us' and 'Our' mentioned when God said 'let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness......' Genesis 1:26

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you quote a non-Scriptural pagan treatise, in order to qualify your incomprehensible and un-Biblical viewpoint on the Godhead?

It is not a pagan thing, it is a Christian. Praying for you Salvation

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Folks in order to be a Christian you must believe in the Trinity, if you don't you are not a Christian you are a pagan.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is not a pagan thing, it is a Christian. Praying for you Salvation
HB, proving paganism, or refuting accusations of it, requires an argument.
My contention with any form of deifying men, or convoluting the Godhead, is based on the lack of Scriptural nomenclature that would at least, acknowledge such entities. Plus, not a single conversion in the NT employed a trinitarian formula to save the proselyte. Not a single doxology from the patriarchs, prophets or any major character in the Bible, praised or worshiped a triune God.
Not to mention the utter confusion and dumbfounded disposition, that it elicits within its adherents and proponents. The redundancy that it defines within the Godhead i.e. why 3 omnipotent & omnipresent persons managing the universe, when only 1 is necessary. Who does one pray to, ...?

And then, you cite an uninspired creed in order to substantiate your deranged beliefs. And after all such dubiousness, you still remain dogmatic about your position?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Folks in order to be a Christian you must believe in the Trinity, if you don't you are not a Christian you are a pagan.
No HB, it's the other way around. Calling God a man, and calling creation's first-born, God, will deny one's entrance into heaven.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are three persons in the Trinity. God the Father, God the Son (who is the Word), and God the Holy Spirit. Yes the Word is a separate person yet the Same God.

Here is the Athanasian Creed about the Holy Trinity:

I think what you are referring to is the Pseudo-Athanasian Creed, i.e. typical historyb BS!

Reactions: DNB

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means all God has to do is speak and he creates. But its probably much easier than that.

The one question though is who created God? Its too big a question for man to understand. But we know who created Jesus. The Mother of God . .gave birth to Salvation. A real live birth. You can say God entered the physical world thru Mary. And we know Jesus as the Son of God.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Look up the literary convention known as antanaclasis. Meaning, start applying wisdom when your read a spiritual document, and stop employing such shallow and one-dimensional, and incomprehensible nonsense in your exegesis, that does nothing more than defame both God and his Word (wisdom).
Another comment form one who holds a HERETICAL VIEW of the Deity of Christ and the Holy Trinity. Your high-falutin' language does not help your case. Makes you look worse.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I say that he did not exist as the son of God before he became man. And the Bible does not say that either.
Since I gave you the Scripture which says that Jesus is the eternal Son of God, you don't have a case. Another solid Scripture to support that is Isaiah 9:6, which calls Jesus "Everlasting Father" (אֲבִיעַ֖ד = ă-ḇî-‘aḏ)

Strong's Concordance
ad: perpetuity
Original Word: עַד
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: ad
Phonetic Spelling: (ad)
Definition: perpetuity

NAS Exhaustive Concordance

Word Origin
from adah
Definition
perpetuity

NASB Translation
all (1), continually (1), Eternal (1), ever (15), forever (26), forever* (1), forevermore* (2), old (1), perpetual (1).

So if you believe that Jesus is God, but that He is not the eternal Son of God, then you do not really believe that He is God, since God the Son is as eternal as God the Father.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was God the Trinity before Jesus and Mary?

That's really the real question.

The three persons showed up after the resurrection. . but must of happened at the birth?

Say God the Holy Spirit is the Father as One God. Then he goes into Jesus as 2 + 1. And all 3 =1 God Man. And Mary is Mother of God.

Its a real mind blower.

God chose heaven to be the physical world. A real Heaven like here. I hope so! When I saw Luke he looked real.. but his form must of been somebody else.

Last edited:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Was God the Trinity before Jesus and Mary?

That's really the real question.

The three persons showed up after the resurrection. . but must of happened at the birth?

Say God the Holy Spirit is the Father. Then he goes into Jesus as 2 + 1. And all 3 =1 God Man. And Mary is Mother of God.

Its a real mind blower.

God chose heaven to be the physical world. A real Heaven like here. I hope so! When I saw Luke he looked real.. but his form must of been somebody else.
Jesus has always existed in God's love. Many verses refer to Him as being "sent". This sending and corporeal manifestation of Jesus is testimony to God being love, as per this superlative passage of Scripture
God Is Love. 1 John 4:7-21
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

13 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. 19 We love because he first loved us. 20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He wasn't always God man Jesus. Mary gave him that. She is God's Queen and Mother. Its a real mind blower, too!

So Mary is his Queen in Heaven.. but we all know him as the Son of God= real physical man.

So word of God.. =physicals world?

And that must be incredible! I saw God do something for me... I got killed per a witness.. but I never died. his power must be so incredible. Yes I saw a One Step Beyond. Quite a few.. about 10.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
He wasn't always God man Jesus. Mary gave him that. She is God's Queen and Mother. Its a real mind blower, too!

So Mary is his Queen in Heaven.. but we all know him as the Son of God= real physical man.

So word of God.. =physicals world?

And that must be incredible! I saw God do something for me... I got killed per a witness.. but I never died. his power must be so incredible. Yes I saw a One Step Beyond. Quite a few.. about 10.
Actually, Mother of God, or Queen of/in Heaven, are not Scriptural expressions.

Reactions: Waiting on him

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think Son Of God has a Mother? And if yes, what is her rightful Title.

Remember this all started with words.