• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
The law/commandments define transgression..

In other words, If there was no law or commandment that said....>"tho shalt not murder"< then if you murdered, there is nothing to define it as murder.

"where there is NO LAW.....there is NO SIN.. no Transgression"... = There is no LAW that defines that deed as a sin.

So, when we are unbelievers, the law and commandments continually define our carnality as sin.

This is the "curse of the Law".....as the law is what defines us all as .."all have sinned".

When we are born again, our "old man of sin" that was defined by the law, is crucified with Christ, and we are "made free from the law", having become ":dead to the Law".

This is explained as.. "Christ is the end of the Law, for righteousness, to everyone who believes"

"the born again are not under the law, but under Grace".

"Christ has redeemed the born again from the CURSE OF THE LAW".

Reactions: RLT63

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold, let me see if I can add or expand on your post in a manner where we can find agreement. :)

"For Christ is an end of law for righteousness to every one who is believing, for Moses doth describe the righteousness that is of the law, that, 'The man who did them shall live in them,'" (Rom 10:4-5, YLT)

I try to check the literal translations on the passages, especially about "law". I notice the definite article does not precede law in v4, it says "an end of law". When in v5 it brings in Moses, it becomes "the law". I take this "end of law" in v4 as referring to any sort of law religion would try impose upon us for righteousness; whether is it baptism, circumcision, whatever. Christ is our righteousness and no NT law can be our righteousness any more than the Mosaic law. Except as we consider law of faith -

"Where then is the boasting? it was excluded; by what law? of works? no, but by a law of faith:" (Rom 3:27, YLT)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"Where then is the boasting? it was excluded; by what law? of works? no, but by a law of faith:" (Rom 3:27, YLT)

The Law both reveals sin and empowers the flesh to sin more.

This is the "curse of the Law". as "the power of sin is the Law" "The law is the power of sin".

"Jesus came to redeem (the born again) from the curse of the Law".

How?

By Himself fulfilling it, in our place, which removes it from the BELIEVER born again.

And, as Jesus is our New Covenant, Blood Atonement = Righteousness, this means that once we are born again, "in Christ"..... we now exist, apart from the Law, as "the righteousness of God, in Christ".

This is = "not under the law, but under Grace".

"Under Grace' is the Eternal LIFE state of every born again believer.

A.) CHRISTIANity, is completely SPIRITUAL......

Its all about being born again, and walking in THE SPIRIT, and that is not done with the natural mind, or by willpower.

See, we are born again INTO God and Christ.........as "one with God" and 'in Christ".

So, they are the Kingdom of God.......itself.....as its a spiritual kingdom, as we are BORN.....AGAIN.....= Spiritually, by the Holy Spirit, into God Himself,... = "God is A Spirit".

So, we become a 'new Creation", .. having been "translated from Darkness, to LIGHT">

See that Light? ?????

That is this...

"God exists IN LIGHT"

"Jesus is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD"..

The Born again, are "Children....OF.....THE.....Light".

This LIGHT is the KOG. Its the Spiritual Kingdom of LIGHT< vs the Devil's kingdom that is spiritual darkness.

That is what it means to be : BORN .. AGAIN.... = "under Grace", ... "In Christ"....>"one with God".....having become "the righteousness of God, in Christ".

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we need to be careful when we say there is no law under Christ. I feel that we still have law just not the law of the old testament but the law of Christ. There is some things we have to live by to get to heaven. We know we still can not commit adultery steal lie kill and such and that me must have faith we must confess that Christ is Lord we must repent of such transgressions we are told to be baptized in Christ name so it seems there is still commands law or something that we have to keep or we will fail to make heaven our home we must love God and one another so we have to be careful to teach that there is no law under Christ.

Reactions: Wynona

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think we need to be careful when we say there is no law under Christ.

"Christ is the END OF THE LAW....for righteousness, to/for everyone who believes"

"The power of SIN.....is THE LAW"....."THE LAW....is the power of Sin"

"Christ has redeemed the born again ...from the CURSE OF THE LAW"..

The Born again are "not under THE LAW, but under GRACE"

"The LAW came by MOSES.... (OT)... but GRACE and TRUTH came by Jesus The Christ... (new Covenant, New Testament).

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:19 (ESV)
Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we need to be careful when we say there is no law under Christ. I feel that we still have law just not the law of the old testament but the law of Christ. There is some things we have to live by to get to heaven. We know we still can not commit adultery steal lie kill and such and that me must have faith we must confess that Christ is Lord we must repent of such transgressions we are told to be baptized in Christ name so it seems there is still commands law or something that we have to keep or we will fail to make heaven our home we must love God and one another so we have to be careful to teach that there is no law under Christ.
Agree.

We're still under the law of Christ. We need to live righteously and love one another like He taught.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
The law/commandments define transgression..

In other words, If there was no law or commandment that said....>"tho shalt not murder"< then if you murdered, there is nothing to define it as murder.

"where there is NO LAW.....there is NO SIN.. no Transgression"... = There is no LAW that defines that deed as a sin.

So, when we are unbelievers, the law and commandments continually define our carnality as sin.

This is the "curse of the Law".....as the law is what defines us all as .."all have sinned".

When we are born again, our "old man of sin" that was defined by the law, is crucified with Christ, and we are "made free from the law", having become ":dead to the Law".

This is explained as.. "Christ is the end of the Law, for righteousness, to everyone who believes"

"the born again are not under the law, but under Grace".

"Christ has redeemed the born again from the CURSE OF THE LAW".
The application of God's commandments to a soul .......never ceases.
(Sounds like you have been watching way to much of Andy Stanley in Ohio).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The application of God's commandments to a soul .......never ceases.
(Sounds like you have been watching way to much of Andy Stanley in Ohio).

I think its fair to say that what you posted, only makes sense to you.

However, there are the 10 commandments, and there are the commandments of Jesus, and as Jesus is God, then its all kinda the same, yet, those given by Jesus when He was on Earth, are pretty important.........as are the rest.
Not for Salvation, but regarding discipleship, and or as a Lifestyle boundary.. As by not breaking commandments, you prevent a lot of harm from coming to yourself and to those who love you.

Also, I dont watch Andy, or His Dad., Tho when ive worked in Christian Radio years ago, the Station used Dr. C. Stanley's Sermons, among others.